• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

SMgamer83

Not sure if anyone is still here to answer this but I'm trying to finish all the Challenges, and the most annoying one is the 10 Hours/50 Hours of Smash playtime. It was REALLY DUMB that it's restricted to only Smash mode and not Smash Run out Classic (I find Smash Run more fun and its easier to find Custom Equipment as opposed to regular Smash where it's super rare)

Is there anyone whose completed all the challengers know of a way to speed up the process? Does Online play count?

The 50 doesn't mean just Smash I'm pretty sure. The 10 might just be Smash only.

Masked Man

I said wow
Not sure if anyone is still here to answer this but I'm trying to finish all the Challenges, and the most annoying one is the 10 Hours/50 Hours of Smash playtime. It was REALLY DUMB that it's restricted to only Smash mode and not Smash Run out Classic (I find Smash Run more fun and its easier to find Custom Equipment as opposed to regular Smash where it's super rare)

Is there anyone whose completed all the challengers know of a way to speed up the process? Does Online play count?

Online play definitely counts! Just play a bunch of For Glory matches and you'll get the challenge in no time. It's also worth noting that the final VS matches in Smash Run also count toward your total. :)

The 50 doesn't mean just Smash I'm pretty sure. The 10 might just be Smash only.

I hope so. But the Challenges are worded EXACTLY the same. I'm at about 43 hours in total Battles and 3 in total Smash time. Guess I'll find out pretty soon.

Online play definitely counts! Just play a bunch of For Glory matches and you'll get the challenge in no time. It's also worth noting that the final VS matches in Smash Run also count toward your total. :)

I've tested this (like I said Smash Run is a lot more fun and more beneficial to getting custom equipment than regular Smash, so it was the first thing I tried) and it definitely does NOT.

Masked Man

I said wow
I've tested this (like I said Smash Run is a lot more fun and more beneficial to getting custom equipment than regular Smash, so it was the first thing I tried) and it definitely does NOT.

Whoa, really? That's weird, because I definitely got a congratulatory message after playing Smash Run ("You've played (x-number) VS matches!"), and I'm pretty sure I unlocked at least one character that way.

Well, I got the null reward from spectate.
OeFZ9dMl.jpg

I have the Wii U version, but I keep finding myself returning to this game. I am really glad I got the digital version. It's so great to just relax on the couch when I don't have time to set up the game cube adapter.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
I have the Wii U version, but I keep finding myself returning to this game. I am really glad I got the digital version. It's so great to just relax on the couch when I don't have time to set up the game cube adapter.

I prefer the 3ds versions over the Wii U currently because of the simple fact that it's Smash but PORTABLE!!!!!! lol That and I'm waiting to get and Wavebird adapter for my Wii U.

So I finally got the 10 hour Smash Playtime. Found a cheap way to do it. Make a 4 player Stock Smash. Choose four characters who are heavy. Set the stocks to 99 and the damage to .25 (the lowest). Make sure there's a human character chosen. If all the players are CPU, it won't count. Now pick a FD stage and just let the game play by itself. Keep the 3DS open but plugged in to an outlet. Left it on overnight and found the battle took 6 hours.

Discovered a weird glitch doing this. Since i was about an hour short, i just repeated the match but chose Jungle Japes from Melee. Keeping the lowered damage ratio was a mistake, took me about 100 minutes (according to the game). As time went on, the music would occasionally cut out but usually fix itself when I got a hammer or a star, but them it just cut out completely. Weird.

But anyway, bad news is, despite having 50 hours of total playtime, it seems the 50 hour challenge IS limited to Smash only. Still need to try online but i tend to not play by 3DS at home very much.

Gorillaz

Just picked this and a 3ds up eariler

I played a quick match with cpu and realized just how much use the circle pad will get...is there anyway around the inevitable broken pad? the game takes alot of quick moves and I don't want to break this

Just picked this and a 3ds up eariler

I played a quick match with cpu and realized just how much use the circle pad will get...is there anyway around the inevitable broken pad? the game takes alot of quick moves and I don't want to break this

As long as you're not treating it like it's indestructible, you'll be fine.

Has anyone ran into some glitches from the 1.0.4 patch? About 2 weeks ago, my friend's copy of Smash 3DS started to have some weird glitches.
As you can see here
And here
Besides graphical glitches,
  • Robin would kill certain characters with a down throw at low percentages
  • Having Little Mac present during a match will freeze the whole game
  • Unable to play against someone else locally
We try putting his cartridge on another friend's 3DS to see if it was the cartridge, but it worked fine.
He deleted the patch on his system, and played without the patch. It actually ended up working fine.
Proceeded to download the patch again, but ended up getting all the glitches again. We're unsure what's causing the problem, does anyone have any ideas on how this is happening and how it's possible to fix it?

El Sabroso

Has anyone ran into some glitches from the 1.0.4 patch? About 2 weeks ago, my friend's copy of Smash 3DS started to have some weird glitches.
As you can see here
And here
Besides graphical glitches,
  • Robin would kill certain characters with a down throw at low percentages
  • Having Little Mac present during a match will freeze the whole game
  • Unable to play against someone else locally
We try putting his cartridge on another friend's 3DS to see if it was the cartridge, but it worked fine.
He deleted the patch on his system, and played without the patch. It actually ended up working fine.
Proceeded to download the patch again, but ended up getting all the glitches again. We're unsure what's causing the problem, does anyone have any ideas on how this is happening and how it's possible to fix it?

since it was only with the patch, have you guys tested another SD card ?

delete patch, copy in PC to a new SD card, repatch game and see what happens

MattyG

Banned
Just got the WiiU version and I'm really enjoying it (it's my first proper Smash game, actually), and I'm thinking of grabbing this soon. Do you guys think it's worth owning both?

zroid

Banned
Just got the WiiU version and I'm really enjoying it (it's my first proper Smash game, actually), and I'm thinking of grabbing this soon. Do you guys think it's worth owning both?

If you're interested in playing on the go then sure. There's different content in both games so you'll have plenty to do. Plus free Mewtwo and soundtrack CDs!

since it was only with the patch, have you guys tested another SD card ?

delete patch, copy in PC to a new SD card, repatch game and see what happens

I told him your steps, but didn't solve the problem. We're thinking that it's probably his 3DS since I played my friend's copy of the game on his XL, and all the glitches started to appear there.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I'm on a two week vacation, and I can still keep my mad Villager skills hot and alive! I personally don't regret getting both, but a huuge part of why I got the 3DS version was that it launched earlier

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hating on the streetpass challenges, I never get streetpasses >:-(

Burbank_

Online works without lag mostly. There is no way to team up with a friend against random people wtf?

Any tips where to find people looking to play? Wish there were chat lobbies ingame...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You can do all of them aside from the pass 5 people one in practice.

Yeah, I actually just discovered this tonight :D street pass battles are awesome, love the zing of countering

And I had forgotten how bad the 3DS online lag could be after playing the U version with the ethernet adapter lately, jesus christ

Yeah, that custom gear stuff is the worst. The chance of getting something you need actually gets worse by the end because stuff that was unlocked on the board starts to appear in your results.

Sora_N

Since I've been working more lately I haven't had much console time and played a lot more of this than on WiiU. Man I love Smash so much and don't feel jipped at all by buying both.

TheOGB

Banned
Wii Fit Trainer's fun, seems like quite a few people didn't quite know how to react to her/him when I was playing last night.

GRW810

Pleased to discover last night that
there are more than 35 challenges. I've been disappointed with that number since getting the game but when I unlocked panel two I had a massive smile on my face.

TheOGB

Banned
I've really gotten back into this game lately. It seems like such a simple and obvious thing, but it really is amazing how far solid fundamentals alone can get you. Real easy things like jabs, tilts, shielding (and NOT rolling), spacing and knowing your reach/limits. Simple mindgames like messing with people's expectations; playing patient and conservative is great against the multitudes of people who expect a fast-paced brouhaha from the jump. I've found success with characters I've never really dabbled with before (like Ike omg <3) and characters I didn't expect (Falco, Dedede, Wii Fit Trainer). Months later this game is still a ton of fun, and the online arguably even smoother than it was.

Oh and tomorrow is the end of the Club Nintendo soundtrack offer, so get on that if you haven't.

Well gotten this not too long ago. Playing online for the first time was a wake up call and forced me to modify my style.

Now that I've gotten the hang of the competition I feel that just having my main as Zelda throws people off.

vctor182

Had this since launch but didn't opened until yesterday. I played a lot of Melee and Brawl back in the day, I'm rusty as hell. Would love to play with some of you here's my FC: 5155-4010-7751

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Just found out you can use the c-stick on the New 3DS for smash attacks! :) Is there any way to map it to normal attacks?

Top Bottom