• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

No idea who is playing who. We have 5 people, so I guess Shamrock could 1v1 Blue, and Boney, Julian, and I could do a 3-player rotation.

Did the game always display the date at the top of main menu?

No idea who is playing who. We have 5 people, so I guess Shamrock could 1v1 Blue, and Boney, Julian, and I could do a 3-player rotation.

Did the game always display the date at the top of main menu?

Well I have had the game open for 5 minutes and nobody has joined so feel free lol

Edit: That felt smoother than usual for our matches Nami. Agree?

JulianImp

It was fine before you joined =X

I know. Physical distance influences input lag a whole lot, and I guess the more people I'm playing with, the more the input lag adds up.

Edit: Woah, I never knew the melon could get through fire. I guess it makes sense since it deals 12%, and that's probably beats the damage each fire particle deals by more than 9% so they don't cancel each other out.

JulianImp

Best gimp ever

I wish I'd have saved it, but I mashed Start out of habit before I realized it.

Edit: Why does hitting the wall with side B make Pac-Man absolutely unable to do anything out of it unless he still has his second jump? I was mashing upB like mad there.

Two more matches.

Edit2: Best ending ever. God damn super armor and explosive hitboxes around flare blitz! I could probably avoid it if I'd only threw the fruits a little earlier to avoid getting caught up in the explosion.

Boney

Banned
Good games. Are you focusing entirely on Pacman for the tourney? Good luck with that, I liked that you were more aggressive with the smashes. Up smash is decent for what it is.

And yeah that ending was great haha

JulianImp

Good games. Are you focusing entirely on Pacman for the tourney? Good luck with that, I liked that you were more aggressive with the smashes. Up smash is decent for what it is.

Yeah, I'll probably be doing that since I'm just a dthrow noob as Luigi, my Ness is okay but not all that good, my Sonic has no spindash mindgames and Roy gets me killed way too much whenever I have to recover or go for a ledgeguard (mental note: don't).

I got my first salty For Glory player in a long time. Beat him 3 times in a row with Ryu and then he changed his name to "URTRASH" and left. And it was a Sheik player.

Such beautiful, nutritious sodium.

JulianImp

I've gained a newfound respect for Ryu and his extremely dangerous l.tilt>srk string after playing somebody in here a while ago (I'm too tired right now to remember who it was specifically). It isn't all that easy to land, but the threat of getting KOed that easily starting at 70-80% is really scary, even more so for Pac-Man and how he has to rack some serious damage up before having any viable KO options.

Server maintenance announced for the 31st. During the SFV beta. What to play, what to play...

I got my first salty For Glory player in a long time. Beat him 3 times in a row with Ryu and then he changed his name to "URTRASH" and left. And it was a Sheik player.

Such beautiful, nutritious sodium.
You really suck. That's why you keep winning.

Oidisco

I wish there was a way to consistently get Zelda's Phantom to spike. I've landed it many times, but have never been sure why. Originally I thought it was it was phantom itself that spiked and not the sword, but just tonight I managed to get the sword to spike as well.

It could be a really useful tool, but right now it feels completely random and nobody seems to be trying to figure out how it works.

Cronox

Banned
It's 5%. It's meaningless for a guaranteed recovery.

It's just you. ;-)

I don't see much promise in nitpicking individual moves. Look at the neutral as a whole. For example, Bowser's Dtilt is way better at killing than Charizard's, but Charizard's Dsmash kills very early, has amazing range, and comes out quickly. Bowser's Dsmash is terrible. Look at the overall capacity to control the neutral, do damage, and kill, and I think Charizard comes out slightly over Bowser on all three accounts.

I'm not into self damaging. I went back into training with up b, what it was is I thought it was stronger. I was hitting with the "killing" move, but it doesn't kill til 130 or so. My mistake. As for nitpicking moves, it's easy to compare since many of them are similar or perform similarly, but I get your point. Really I just saw the Charizard vs Bowser comment and decided to jump in, since I'd had similar thoughts myself but didn't find satisfaction in practice. Got to say I disagree on killing. Can't really say on the other two categories.

In the end I suppose debating Charizard vs Bowser is kind of like dogs fighting for scraps under the table while the high tiers eat meals above us. Neither is ranked all that highly in the tiers, and I doubt we'll see either make significant headway in the larger tournaments or more competitive areas. They both exist in a nebulous "middle tier" area, which could mean between 20th to 40th best character. Depending on who's in charge making the tier list that day.

JulianImp

Alright, finally played some more matches (even though they were all FG). I did well against all my opponents, and even managed to adapt to a Captain Falcon's rush-in tactics and force him into a more conservative gameplan, which's when Pac-Man's assorted projectiles get to shine.

As Boney has said, it seems like after not playing for a while I'm now using usmash a whole lot more, and it's actually working wonders against opponents approaching from above due to its relatively strong disjointed hitbox and low endlag. I even got to train my reaction times with it against G&W dairs and Yoshi bombs, which was some good practice.

I'm still wondering which tournament-legal stages are best for Pac, since I get a mix of horizontal and vertical KOs depending on the character and player I'm up against. Platforms are nice at times, but they also create deadzones below them where you can't drop any hydrants from above while trampolines become a bit stronger as trap set-ups in return.

Laughlin

I added you; you need to accept my FR. It's FluxWaveZ.

Edit: Oof, I assume you're not using a LAN adapter?

Edit 2: This'll be my last match; the lag's making it no fun. GGs.

No I'm not. I'm guessing I'll need to get one cause yesterday I had nothing but laggy matches.

GGs, input delay really messing me up, haha.

Also, gotta ask. Is there a reason you air dodge a lot more compared to other players?

GGs. I try to bait people sometimes into going in the air by air dodging early, hoping to catch them with a Ness uair when they attempt to counter. Other times it is prolly just a bad habit

GGs. I try to bait people sometimes into going in the air by air dodging early, hoping to catch them with a Ness uair when they attempt to counter. Other times it is prolly just a bad habit
Yeah, I ran into a lot of Uairs. You make Lucas look a lot better than people make him out to be. Sorry about the Lucina stuff, I've been trying to pick her up after watching Mr. E play Marth. She's fun compared to other characters to me. :p

Yeah, I ran into a lot of Uairs. You make Lucas look a lot better than people make him out to be. Sorry about the Lucina stuff, I've been trying to pick her up after watching Mr. E play Marth. She's fun compared to other characters to me. :p

Ah I don't mind at all. I know I probably irritate people sometimes by playing so many secondaries before going Ness.

As for Lucas, I honestly feel like I am the only one that plays him the way I do. I haven't seen any like minded Lucas players.

Ah I don't mind at all. I know I probably irritate people sometimes by playing so many secondaries before going Ness.

As for Lucas, I honestly feel like I am the only one that plays him the way I do. I haven't seen any like minded Lucas players.

Which makes you the best and scariest Earthbound player here >_>;;

Having played against you is probably why I wreck the vast majority or lucas and Ness players in FG when they were headaches before

BY2K

Membero Americo
What could be...

CNh_tGKWwAAmcqC.png:large

Top Bottom