• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Boney

Banned
How come the game randomly decides you're double jumping at times

Edit Oh lord

Edit 2: wuhu is the bestest stage ever for WFT trainer, and that 2% heal buff on ss is too good

Boney

Banned
Never thought about that, but I guess spacing myself away like that to recharge % is a strategy.

Edit: Last match, SFV calls.

GGs.
Stage is long and the transformations are too risky for a fat zard to get in.
Your WFT has gotten pretty good, you need more nair combos though. But still. It's too hard for zard though, she has an amazing camping game (seriously, ss charges twice as fast, shoots much faster, heals, can be charged while in the air, has a windbox and doesn't have vulnerabiliy frames while getting the full charge. Samus' is stronger I guess? But it's not like you can't kill with ss) and volleyballs a pretty great projectile. She has too much air speed so she can't keep her distance very well and it's impossible to edgeguard and follow up. Amazing roll that I can't punish at all as well.

Shiek continues to be stupid

Oh well

Oh and I'm 90% convinced Gc controller is terrible for this game. Shoulder and face buttons suck ass, despite having good sticks

Oh and I'm 90% convinced Gc controller is terrible for this game. Shoulder and face buttons suck ass, despite having good sticks

It's all in the name of muscle memory, lol. Many people who use the old controller have been using it for years, since Melee and Brawl's early days. I think other controllers are valid like the Pro Controller, but everyone has their preferences. I'm utter shit with anything but my trusty GC controller tbh, though then again Karst insists I have alien hands because I claw... >.>;;;;

Is there anything specific keeping people busy, or are people just not in the mood for Smash Bros anymore?

I'll just say Persona 4 and leave it at that.

Took a break after winning a local tourney. I still play on Anthers from time to time. I get tired of asking for 1v1s on here and not getting replies =(

Is there anything specific keeping people busy, or are people just not in the mood for Smash Bros anymore?
I just need Sakurai to fix Mewtwo like he fixed Greninja. It's so frustrating losing when I outplay people. I can only take it for so long.

Playing Street Fighter V beta right now, and my favorite character feels strong. It's a good feeling.

If rumors are true, we'll get character reveals this weekend at PAX. That probably means a patch in a few weeks. We'll see what Sakurai dishes out.

Just remembered the Dr. Mario amiibo is coming out in a few weeks but I put all my figure money toward a nendoroid. >.<;;;;

Anyone have amiibo they play with? Sure they don't have much competitive value, but there's a lot of fun to be had playing with what is essentially custom CPU fighters.

Just remembered the Dr. Mario amiibo is coming out in a few weeks but I put all my figure money toward a nendoroid. >.<;;;;

Anyone have amiibo they play with? Sure they don't have much competitive value, but there's a lot of fun to be had playing with what is essentially custom CPU fighters.

I do....they are input reading CPU monsters. u.u (Sonic, Fox, Yoshi, Link, Megaman, Pikachu)

I updated my Wii U so im up for any 1v1 matches now if anyone is interested. I miss using WFT. D:

El Sloth

Banned
Hey, I've never really played these games competitively, but lately my friends have been whooping my ass with Mario (and to a lesser extent Luigi and Link). I like using Ryu because I think it's rad I can do motions for stronger versions of the moves, but I'm having trouble finishing the job with him. By which I mean: I'm not sure how I should be going about trying to take stocks with him. Other than his shoryuken, I'm not sure what his kill moves are and it's really tough to land a clean SRK.

Any advice? What should be my go-to kill buttons? What should I be doing off his throws?

Unfortunately I don't own the game (or a WiiU) to practice things myself, but I'd like some stuff I can at least keep on my phone to practice for the next I actually do have access to the game.

Edit: Also I'd really appreciate any video links to really good Ryu play. I'll try to x-copy whatever I see to the best of my ability

Hey, I've never really played these games competitively, but lately my friends have been whooping my ass with Mario (and to a lesser extent Luigi and Link). I like using Ryu because I think it's rad I can do motions for stronger versions of the moves, but I'm having trouble finishing the job with him. By which I mean: I'm not sure how I should be going about trying to take stocks with him. Other than his shoryuken, I'm not sure what his kill moves are and it's really tough to land a clean SRK.

Any advice? What should be my go-to kill buttons? What should I be doing off his throws?

Unfortunately I don't own the game (or a WiiU) to practice things myself, but I'd like some stuff I can at least keep on my phone to practice for the next I actually do have access to the game.

Edit: Also I'd really appreciate any video links to really good Ryu play. I'll try to x-copy whatever I see to the best of my ability
Look up Trela.

GGs Snacks, I feel like I did better with WFT then I normally did back then. Your Greninja felt better.

My Robin needs to hit the workshop though.....

Top Bottom