• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer Girl Rumors – What's True, What's False, and What's Unconfirmed

Sean

Banned
new rumors:

1) Apparently, Hulk is going to be in the Iron Man game (which made very special 2008 list) and vice versa. Also, word is that Edge of Reality has a fallen behind on work on The Incredible Hulk game and alarming amounts of crunching are occurring (when I checked statcounter on Sunday, the Edge of Reality network was under the list of ISPs that had visited, quite disconcerting). We really need to work to diminish the omnipresence of constant crunch in development of movie games, development analogous to that of the film could do wonders. The first glimpse at the game will come within this month.

2) Viva Pinata Dos antes de la final de la decada, posiblemente incluso este ano. (translated this says: "Viva Pinata 2 before the end of the decade, possibly even this year.")

3) Turns out ShellShock 2 is a survival horror title, which does explain the zombies. Also, it is now a FPS.

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/03/horstachio.html

pswii60

"Viva Pinata 2 before the end of the decade, possibly even this year."
I really hope not. VP1 doesn't need a straight sequel, the brand is well past its peak and IMO the team would be better working on something new.

I hope this isn't that VP team's 2008 game :/

pswii60 said:
I really hope not. VP1 doesn't need a straight sequel, the brand is well past its peak and IMO the team would be better working on something new.
I loved the first one and I'd be really happy to see a sequel which sorts out of a few of the negatives from VP.

watkinzez

Rare can't make and ship an original game in two years. It's Viva 2. The DS version will probably have some of the new pinatas set to appear in it.
Having a sequel (VP) and a revival of an old franchise (Banjo) playing off each other seems good to me. Can't wait.

Ciel

Sean said:
1) Apparently, Hulk is going to be in the Iron Man game (which made very special 2008 list) and vice versa.

Hulk Buster armor confirmed, yesssss

51MPHMAV6YL._AA280_.jpg

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Dascu said:
From the comment section:

:eek:
Her actions remind me of a stripper. Except instead of cash, it's attention and instead of fake titties it's fake news.

DuckRacer

pswii60 said:

I hope this isn't that VP team's 2008 game :/
Are you kidding me?! I'm playing through VP1 right now and it's stellar, both gameplay and graphics-wise. It's not past its peak at all. I mean, wouldn't you kill for a VP2 in an aquatic environment? I would (not literally, but you get my point and desire).

What'd you want them to make instead, anyway?

DuckRacer

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/03/we-step-into-room-of-opaque-air.html
1) The clip of test footage for soon-to-be butchered reshot Where the Wild Things Are that caused the current status of the film to come to light was not only leaked with the intention to have sympathy on the side of Jonze in stories that would emerge a few days later concerning the film, but Jonze himself was involved in this. Hopefully, we see a director's cut one day outside of theaters.
2) Anyone looking for an indicator of what they will see in The Sims 3 might be interested in this blog post detailing Richard Evans', senior AI engineer on the title, talk at the 2007 Artificial Intelligence and Interactive Digital Entertainment Conference. If you are one of the curmudgeons who wants more than that, you'll have to wait until the 17th. Simultaneous Mac release...what?
3) Yeah, Wii cheerleading title is from THQ not Namco Bandai...turns out I did not notice the words "American company" (in reference to the publisher) in the original communication.
4) A kind person has forwarded the fact sheet for Shellshock 2: Blood Trails (the lack of proofreading in this goes hand in hand with this blog, which more often than not, also lacks proofreading), which can be found below.

"ShellShock 2: Blood Trails is a violent, first-person, survival horror game set against the backdrop of the Vietnam War. Gameplay centers on the use of psychological horror and fear, relying on the power of suggestion, mood, tension and foreshadowing - implying the notion of danger, potential danger, imminent danger, and horrifying acts that have or are implied to have occurred or will come to pass. On course for war torn Vietnam, a plane carrying a top-secret cargo known only as Whiteknight is lost over the uncharted jungles of Cambodia. The special ops squad sent in to retrieve it disappear wtihout [sic] trace. Until, a month later, one of them walks out. Something in the darkness has driven him insane... Somehting [sic] from the darkness has followed him out...

[Features:]
- Psychological Horror: Gameplay simulates the perceptual effects of fear, drugs and your shell-shocked state due to combat. Experience the true chaos, horror and disorientation of the Vietnam War.
- Survive Vietnam: Every shot counts, and every bullet is precious. Fight off fear and push forward not knowing what unspeakable horror could be waiting to claim your life.
Fight a cunning and elusive enemy that takes every advantage of everything at their disposal. Napalm attacks, intricate tunnel systems and vicious homemade traps - cruel, violent and unfiltered war.
- Infected Enemies: Fight the victims of WhiteknIght [sic] - an enemy that has no side, one who is brutal, insane and ready to rip you to shreds."

DuckRacer

(sorry for the double post)

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/03/back-off-man-im-scientist.html
1) Fable 2 will see a release on computing machines this decade.

2) N-Space is going back to its roots with a PS(t?)Wii60 license music game aimed at the tween demo. They have also apparently finished development on their version of The Force Unleashed and are in the midst of development of a new dual screen title. No word on whether they are still Nintendo's Floridian inamorata.

3) Unsurprisingly, this fall's ultimate Spider-Man: Red vs. Black is an open-world title taking place in New York.

4) The final version of Super Monkey Ball for iPhone will feature at least fifty levels and a number of mini-games. Spore definitely is not the sole appearance of a high-caliber gaming franchise on the iPhone and is not even the bee's knees of these franchises.

probably some other team is working on shellshock 2, I mean, guerrilla should be busy finishing Killzone 2 right? we haven't even heard anything about this game for months. surely they would have shown us something if they're already designing their next game. right...?

and who's making the new ultimate spidey game, I like the first one a lot, nice to see there's a sequel

Jacobi

Banned
Callibretto said:
probably some other team is working on shellshock 2, I mean, guerrilla should be busy finishing Killzone 2 right? we haven't even heard anything about this game for months. surely they would have shown us something if they're already designing their next game. right...?
Hm yeah but they gotta re-use the KZ2 engine , don't they :D

Johnas

Has surfergirl ever commented on anything related to Retro Studios and what they are currently working on?

I am more than ready to see what they're capable of outside of Metroid, but as far as I know nothing's ever surfaced.

batbeg

Johnas said:
Has surfergirl ever commented on anything related to Retro Studios and what they are currently working on?

I am more than ready to see what they're capable of outside of Metroid, but as far as I know nothing's ever surfaced.

Zelda spin-off, at least 1 Wii game and 1 DS game.

I have to be honest, although I was a believer initially, more and more of Surfer Girl's rumors are just getting downright stupid. It's quite ironic she denies the Namco-Bandai making a cheerleader game... the day Namco-Bando trademark the name We Cheer. :lol

DuckRacer

batbeg said:
Zelda spin-off, at least 1 Wii game and 1 DS game.

I have to be honest, although I was a believer initially, more and more of Surfer Girl's rumors are just getting downright stupid. It's quite ironic she denies the Namco-Bandai making a cheerleader game... the day Namco-Bando trademark the name We Cheer. :lol
Link? I tried googling but I couldn't come up with anything.

Busty

Banned
SurferGirl said:
1) Ready At Dawn's first dive into original intellectual property is multiplatform, as in PS360 and possibly Wii.
2) At the time of closure in January, Concrete Games was working on a PS360 open-world title called Revolution, which could be described as a Just Cause sans acrobatics with an art style akin to FIFA Street 3 and a protagonist on a mission to make the bandanna relevant again...or something. The studio was also assisting in the development of Saint's Row 2.
3) THQ Studio Australia's third-person action title is based off Warhammer.
4) Apparently, N-Space is no longer Nintendo's Floridian inamorata.

It would appear that even SurferGirl is doubting her own information.

SurferGirl said:
1) Ready At Dawn is working on a PS3 title.

Hmmmm. Both seem plausible at this point but 'she' isn't doing herself any favours with this stuff.

Also, is it me (barring the fact I'm the one bumping this thead) or is this 'insider gaming blog' fad deader than Parachute Pants?

DuckRacer

batbeg said:
To the Namco-Bandai trademark? Just coming from this thread.
...Interesting. Thanks for that!
Busty said:
It would appear that even SurferGirl is doubting her own information.

Hmmmm. Both seem plausible at this point but 'she' isn't doing herself any favours with this stuff.
To be fair, she said they're working on a PS3 title, not PS3 exclusive. You'd normally assume only having "PS3" in front of "title" would result in a PS3 exclusive, but you can't really mean it for certain.

Obviously she gets the vast majority of her info from tips sent in from whatever random people, so if the info she's given is faulty she has to cover her ass to still seem legit afterwards (see: Wii Cheer, _____ may come to _____, etc).
Also, is it me (barring the fact I'm the one bumping this thead) or is this 'insider gaming blog' fad deader than Parachute Pants?
It doesn't help she hasn't put up anything controversial like the Resistance 2 pic or the Killzone 2 info lately.

And if you went to the Skater Boy blog, you'll see there's only been two updates in the past 30 days or so, mostly reiterating Surfer Girl rumors and saying things like "Yes, they will be unveiling Goldeneye tomorrow" at GDC. After GDC, no one seems to give a damn about Gamesblow, SB, Dancing Queen, or whatever crap that's out there.

My thread showing the amount of true rumors and the tons of unconfirmed rumors doesn't help either.

I think it's now a daily Quartermann... but it retains the popularity of Quartermann. People are interested, but for the most part its rumors aren't going to spawn 13-page threads.
DMPrince said:
Let's just PM flark to find out.
I doubt he'd be able to say anything.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Flark is working on a 360 exclusive, he told me in a dream

edit: Dancing Queen hasn't posted in a while, but she didnt say anything about GDC either. Maybe she had to shut down?

Or maybe since she worked at ZD and is now gone maybe it's bryan intihar.

Busty

Banned
flarkminator said:
I fear the RAD Ninjas

Wait, don't you see what he's saying? Ninjas.

Nintendo has a group of cyborg warriors with a taste for human flesh enforcing their NDAs

Sony has an army of angry, sexually marginalised ninjas enforcing their NDAs.

And Microsoft have a kid on a bike that throws eggs at the wrong persons house protecting their NDAs.

Clearly Sony's Ninjas are keeping an eye on RAD from the shadows. Waiting. Watching. Just looking for a reason to have blood on their blades.

Ready At Dawn doing a second party game for Sony confirmed.

SexConker

Banned
Guy posts on blog, claiming to be a girl.
Guy spews out hundreds of claims based on current buzz, rumors, and just a tad of logic and common sense.
Gets some right and some wrong.

Does that about cover it?

Dyno

That Shellshock 2 sounds like it could be GOOOOD man!

I've always wanted to play Jacob's Latter except you have guns and can kill anything that scares you.

JDSN

Banned
SexConker said:
Guy spews out hundreds of claims based on current buzz, rumors, and just a tad of logic and common sense.

What a great point that hasn't been covered before, I guess logic created those Resistance and POP pics.

Banned
SexConker said:

If you're all so sure she isn't real, then stop posting in her threads.

DuckRacer

Visualante said:
Surfer Girl gets banned at the end of the month if Mother/Earthbound news doesn't appear.
More specifically, the other, shittier Surfer Girl thread gets banned. MY THREAD AND I ARE SAFE!

...At least I hope so. D:

Top Bottom