• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 31: Second Chance | PLAYER VOTING IS LIVE | Jeff Probst's Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

I'm disappointed Kass and Spencer aren't on the same tribe. Even though I can't imagine her sticking around beyond the first vote, I still would've loved to see her ally with Spencer and stab him in the back multiple times before she got voted out.
There's no way you put them on the same tribe since they're both going to be gunning for each other immediately.

Grexeno

I just discovered the Brantsteele Survivor simulator.

And I was planning to be so productive these next few months.

UberTag

There's no way you put them on the same tribe since they're both going to be gunning for each other immediately.
Tasha will be doing the exact same thing. If anything, they needed to keep Kass away from both of them. Should have stuck her with Woo.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Halfway through Fan vs Favorites. Man Tracy has some game to her. They'd have probably brought her back by now if not for having the nastiest pair of fake tits ever.

It's a shame the core concept of Fans vs. Favorites is flawed at a fundamental level. There have been some great "fans" that would have been standouts in any normal season but (of course) get overrun both in the game and the edit by the returnees.

TheYanger

Micronesia ended up being a really fun season, despite those flaws, but yeah the deck is heavily stacked against the fans and they really only get TV time late into the season or if they're making huge and/or dumb moves. Still, that gave us the awesome "This is a stick" moment.

Grexeno

Another thing working against Tracy is that Natalie Bolton basically completely overshadows her, making it to the final four and being part of the Black Widow alliance.

Grexeno

Just a reminder for everyone:

CL1zlO8UEAEgfwl.png

UberTag

The summer Survivor break is already way too long, but having to wait this long for an all-star season is painful. :(
I'd be feeling more anxiety if we had a season featuring both Shane and T-Bird to look forward to. But we don't. So whatevs.

No, but I'll probably bite once I find out what my new job pays. I generally agree with Josh more than Rob regarding what constitutes "good gameplay", anyway.

I like most of the offseason podcast episodes. The one about premiere episodes and the "perfect season" podcast were a lot of fun to listen to.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Has anyone else been following Rob Cesternino's Evolution of Strategy audiobooks?

I've tried a couple of times now and I just don't care for it. I want to follow along as I watch but it's just not structured enough for my tastes.

It's terrible if you are a new listener or rewatching a season you don't remember very well because they just talk about shit willy nilly. I just tried couple of weeks ago with Fans vs Favorites and they gave away the boot order for half the cast in the first 10 minutes.

I'd have preferred and episode by episode approach like it's just a compilation of Know It Alls.

Ganhyun

Game theory detour that explains a LOT about why so many people suck at Survivor : http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/08/13/upshot/are-you-smarter-than-other-new-york-times-readers.html?abt=0002&abg=1

Spoiler for the article (don't highlight early):
I picked 15%, the "third level assuming most people are second level" - better than 82%. Correct answer winds up between 2nd assuming 1 and 3rd assuming 2, which makes sense.

I did this. My results are spoilered for those who have not done it.

I picked 17, which was better than 92% of those who did this.

xbhaskarx

Winner (2/3 of average) 19
Your guess 22
Average of all guesses 28

I went with 22 because it's (50 * .667) * .667

So far, the average of all numbers has been 28, which means two-thirds of the average is 19 and your entry of 22 is within five of the mark. Though not the winning entry, it's still closer than about 85 percent of other readers.

Your guess is particularly interesting to economists and game theorists alike. If everyone else basically picked randomly, the average would be 50; two-thirds of that is 33. And your guess, 22, represents two-thirds of that. This is an example of what the economist Colin Camerer has called “k-step” thinking (more on that in a minute). For you, k is 2: you are thinking two steps ahead.

Grexeno

That challenge idol is a great idea, but I'm worried that Jeff is going to announce "Looks like ___ is going for the immunity idol... and gets it!" as part of his challenge announcements, making sure that everyone knows what's up.
Highly unlikely, that would completely defeat the entire purpose.

belushy

Banned
Gonna spoiler this, because I'm not sure but...

Planet Buff has 3 buffs up, the tribes we've already seen (Ta keo and Bayon) and a 3rd tribe, Anckor. I don't think this is the merge tribe, because the cast would pick the merge name. Looks like the rumor of three tribe split after the first two boots might be true.

Grexeno

Planet Buff has 3 buffs up, the tribes we've already seen (Ta keo and Bayon) and a 3rd tribe, Anckor. I don't think this is the merge tribe, because the cast would pick the merge name. Looks like the rumor of three tribe split after the first two boots might be true.
Love it. Love it love it love it.

kirblar

Yup, it was rumored pre-game on Sucks, actually-it leaked. (Before the cast was even chosen.)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Cool.

kirblar

Ha, one of the third-party reporters got parts of the cast (ok, one person who then proceeded to be confirmed with interviews with others) to open up about pre-gaming. Two blocks heading into the season (no spoilers, this is all pre-game info from a YT vid, but I don't want to link to youtube because of the comment sections.)

Block 1:
Jeff, Kelly, Vytas, Terry, (Shane.)
Block 2:
Jeff, Shirin, Spencer, PG, Kelley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom