• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 34: Game Changers |OT| We Have To Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

llehuty

I chuckled at Debbie crawling the balance beam.

Also, I'm anticipating a very messy tribal with all the things going on (3 idols and 3 advantages), obviously some of them are going to be wasted, but 6, someones game going to get royally screwed. I could see it backfiring for Sarah. Also, I'm guessing the legacy advantage must be something new since there is already a steal vote advantage and a double vote advantage in play. I honestly don't know why they keep adding advantages with so many waiting to be played. Also, what was with the talk during the preseason that idols could be in the beach, challenges
or Tribal Council
? I wonder if it was just to threw us off.

Also, I guess the idols can only be played until final 6 then? (At final 5 we could potentially get 4 people immune, which would be super stupid)

welp if anyone asks me why i hate zeke in the show here's everything basically encapsulated in a single confessional
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g-R9PVx2Wc

this was a secret confessional from THIS episode
after he was the only person to vote for Aubry and was shutdown by 11 people.

"being a smart person who knows a lot about survivor is very intimidating to the people in the power alliance who are maybe not as intelligent and not as well-versed in the game of survivor"
ughhh

Also, I guess the idols can only be played until final 6 then? (At final 5 we could potentially get 4 people immune, which would be super stupid)
Pretty sure they can still be played to the Final 5, which means, with the legacy advantage and immunity, 5 out of 6 people could be immune at F6 (and 6/6 if god forbids there's a merge idol). Can we PLEASE dial down on those too?

kirblar

There's a decent chance of a F6 where someone gets Duck Duck Goose'd out by 5 people with Immunity.

The Legacy Advantage + 3 Idols is way too much. (Kill the Advantage, not the Idols)

llehuty

Pretty sure they can still be played to the Final 5, which means, with the legacy advantage and immunity, 5 out of 6 people could be immune at F6 (and 6/6 if god forbids there's a merge idol). Can we PLEASE dial down on those too?
Ah, that's if the Legacy Advantage is the same thing again in this season. Also, I don't think there is any idol out there and I would bet that they are going to replace the 3 idols if they get played in advance, it would make zero sense.

Ah, that's if the Legacy Advantage is the same thing again in this season. Also, I don't think there is any idol out there and I would bet that they are going to replace the 3 idols if they get played in advance, it would make zero sense.
Didn't the legacy advantage say it was straight up immunity at F13 or F6 this time around? I thought it did, at least.

kirblar

It did.

Kass not saying "Sure Sarah, we'll go along with you" then saying "Hey lets just boot Sarah next to avoid an Idol" was absolutely insane in Cagayan.

bill0527

I'm glad they're at least putting an expiration date on the advantages. Tired of people sitting on them and not being used or getting voted out with them still in their pocket. It's hard to get excited about a lot of these advantages and extra idols when they go to waste so often.

Woops, I completely forgot. I thought the advantage wasn't revealed until she actually played it.

I don't blame you haha, I actually forgot Troyzan had an idol for the past 3 or so episodes? The way the advantages are being edited/focused on this season is super weird.

llehuty

I don't blame you haha, I actually forgot Troyzan had an idol for the past 3 or so episodes? The way the advantages are being edited/focused on this season is super weird.
Yeah, I actually forgot when I did my count, that Debbie had already used the double vote, lol. Normally they insist on the idol situation in the "Previously on Survivor..." in every episode, but I guess it would take plenty of screen time for nothing.

welp if anyone asks me why i hate zeke in the show here's everything basically encapsulated in a single confessional
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g-R9PVx2Wc

this was a secret confessional from THIS episode
after he was the only person to vote for Aubry and was shutdown by 11 people.

"being a smart person who knows a lot about survivor is very intimidating to the people in the power alliance who are maybe not as intelligent and not as well-versed in the game of survivor"
ughhh

That's why no one seems to want to play with him, he seems to come off in every conversation as exactly this way. It'd be fine if this was just in a confessional, but we've seen it in other people's confessions that he comes off this way in regular conversation.

He just seems really bad at the game.

UberTag

Happy Sarah gets to enjoy this reward after pulling off that move last tribal council.
Worried for Cirie and Michaela for being left out of this group, though.

UberTag

This is just me being crazy... but wouldn't it make sense to take out Brad over Zeke? Morons.
Zeke can't bond with Brad if he's not there.

Never tell your advantage. Why do people always insist on doing that? I get that it helps build trust bit there are other ways.

Cool, you built trust. You also gave yourself a bigger target now that you have a better chance to get farther than they do.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I know somebody said it before, but the final five conversation really makes it sound like Zeke is on Big Brother.

Macka

This is just me being crazy... but wouldn't it make sense to take out Brad over Zeke? Morons.
Zeke can't bond with Brad if he's not there.
It's more because of the Andrea-Zeke feud. She couldn't trust him at all.

I think it's a good move for her. Much less so for Sarah and Michaela though. No idea why they'd play along with that.

tmac456

lol @ Michaela crying. she's really a headcase.

got excited at the thought of Tai getting blindsided there.

lol @ Debbie too. Ironic that she called them idiots after tribal when in fact she's one of the biggest idiots to play Survivor.

ddZDL75.png
Why yes. Yes I suppose it is. Thank you Troyzan.

Bubble

Neo Member
Good play by Andrea/Cirie/Aubry/Sarah/Michaela.

They split the minority alliance in two, so they couldn't sway Zeke to their side. And they they voted out Zeke. That's solid gameplay right there.

And next episode, we might get to see Monica again! So excited to see Monica again.

Thought this was a bad move. Hoping it only ends up blowing back on Andrea and doesn't hurt Cirie too much. You voted out someone from your own alliance(even if you didn't trust them) and convinced two other people to do something they really didn't want to do. No real way it could go without screwing you over eventually. Andrea got too obsessed and was too pushy.

Glad I was wrong about it being a pagonging though, at least so far. They've still only lost one person though...

Thought this was a bad move. Hoping it only ends up blowing back on Andrea and doesn't hurt Cirie too much. You voted out someone from your own alliance(even if you didn't trust them) and convinced two other people to do something they really didn't want to do. No real way it could go without screwing you over eventually. Andrea got too obsessed and was too pushy.

Glad I was wrong about it being a pagonging though, at least so far. They've still only lost one person though...

Zeke was planning on voting Andrea out at the next vote, and Andrea already knew that Zeke had tried to turn on her before. Can't see how that's anything but a good move for Andrea.

In general, I think that a move like this would normally be bad (going down from 6-4 to 5-4 is too risky, and Final 10 isn't usually a great place to make a move), but with Zeke in particular, you have to do it. He's too shady, and you already know that he's planning on betraying you.

Zeke was planning on voting Andrea out at the next vote, and Andrea already knew that Zeke had tried to turn on her before. Can't see how that's anything but a good move for Andrea.

In general, I think that a move like this would normally be bad (going down from 6-4 to 5-4 is too risky, and Final 10 isn't usually a great place to make a move), but with Zeke in particular, you have to do it. He's too shady, and you already know that he's planning on betraying you.

He wanted to, but that seemed to heavily hinge on Sarah being able to flip back to the other side and Sierra not being closer with Cirie and Andrea which she seems to be. It's up in the air whether she would have gotten voted out next or not, but she got rid of someone by leaving a strong 4 in tact and potentially losing two people from your alliance who audibly talked about how they were against it the entire tribal council.

Sure she got rid of someone coming after her, but the way it went down could get her voted out next just the same.

llehuty

That was an interesting vote. I hope Sarah goes home next, she got voted out in Cagayan for trying to stay in the middle and wanting to be the deciding vote, and yet she does the same thing again. I doubt already her capabilities to reac the end of the game, but she looks like a GOAT right now, I don't think any of the members of the jury would vote for her. She is the ultimate waste of slot this season.

Also, I was kind of sad with the word puzzle, Hali woud had killed that.

BunnyBear

It's a risky move. You still have a very strong 4 in Troyzan, Brad, Sierra and Tai and (although the Cirie alliance doesn't know this) they have three idols and an advantage. It's getting to the stage that all they have to do is correctly pick who Cirie's alliance is targeting and they're in the final 4.

It's the producers own fault though, there's been far too much intrusion into the game by production this season. IMO, anyway.

Macka

I would imagine they were hoping Tai or someone from that four would waste an idol this round. Like the second Matt Elrod blindside in Redemption Island.

I know it worked out for him, but it's kind of stupid that he didn't tbh. He has two! It really wasn't worth the risk imo.

Still, Tai got 4 votes here? His entire alliance voted against him. Maybe he doesn't forget that.

That was an interesting vote. I hope Sarah goes home next, she got voted out in Cagayan for trying to stay in the middle and wanting to be the deciding vote, and yet she does the same thing again. I doubt already her capabilities to reac the end of the game, but she looks like a GOAT right now, I don't think any of the members of the jury would vote for her. She is the ultimate waste of slot this season.

Also, I was kind of sad with the word puzzle, Hali woud had killed that.

Sarah is not a goat, that's silly. There's no evidence that people see her that way. Her confessionals about riding the middle are to the camera, not the other players. To the players, she is making moves and owning them. She is not doing the same thing that got her voted out, because she got voted out for TELLING people "I'm in the middle, I don't know, I'll decide at tribal council". She's in a solid alliance for now, and they didn't want to vote out Zeke without getting her to agree, they obviously respect her. If she's such a goat, where was the footage of everyone ragging on her for flipping? And waste of a slot, when effing TROYZAN is snoring up my screen? He was a waste of a slot on his original season, let alone this one.

Only real GOATS I see right now are Michaela, Tai, and Troyzan possibly. Troyzan only because he has been almost a no show.

I think Tai could play this game a million times, make it to the final tribal every time and still never win.

Only real GOATS I see right now are Michaela, Tai, and Troyzan possibly. Troyzan only because he has been almost a no show.

I think Tai could play this game a million times, make it to the final tribal every time and still never win.

The only way Michaela could win is if she orchestrates a move to get rid of Cirie. People might respect her if she took down the person responsible for keeping so long in the game.

The only way Michaela could win is if she orchestrates a move to get rid of Cirie. People might respect her if she took down the person responsible for keeping so long in the game.

And she'd have to be against Tai and Varner who she somehow orchestrated him coming back into the game.

llehuty

Sarah is not a goat, that's silly. There's no evidence that people see her that way. Her confessionals about riding the middle are to the camera, not the other players. To the players, she is making moves and owning them. She is not doing the same thing that got her voted out, because she got voted out for TELLING people "I'm in the middle, I don't know, I'll decide at tribal council". She's in a solid alliance for now, and they didn't want to vote out Zeke without getting her to agree, they obviously respect her. If she's such a goat, where was the footage of everyone ragging on her for flipping? And waste of a slot, when effing TROYZAN is snoring up my screen? He was a waste of a slot on his original season, let alone this one.
Not a fan of Troyzan either, but Sarah has turned (for no reason) on Tai, Troyzan, Sierra, Brad and Debbie, and that's potentially 5 jury votes. With still plenty of votes to go, not a good look.

I mean, she is playing the game, in contrast to Troyzan, but she is putting herself in a disadvantageous position when she didn't need to. And she doesn't need to tell to the players that she is playing in the middle, I think it's quite transparent.

Not a fan of Troyzan either, but Sarah has turned (for no reason) on Tai, Troyzan, Sierra, Brad and Debbie, and that's potentially 5 jury votes. With still plenty of votes to go, not a good look.

I mean, she is playing the game, in contrast to Troyzan, but she is putting herself in a disadvantageous position when she didn't need to. And she doesn't need to tell to the players that she is playing in the middle, I think it's quite transparent.

Of those players you listed, the only one I see holding a grudge to Sarah is Debbie, and she's crazy and probably blames Culpepper somehow lol. I don't think Sarah is playing the middle as transparently as you think. Cirie and Andrea seem to consider her a solid ally, not a flipper who can flip back at any moment. She's playing a dangerous game, but it really depends when and how she makes her move that will make or break her ability to be a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom