• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swap Note

wsippel

Banned
The lack of an OS-level messaging system is puzzling, considering even the Wii had one. With terrible delays, but it was there.
Many things are puzzling when it comes to Nintendo and online. They can be extremely progressive at times, but they're usually ass backwards. I sometimes wonder if they're just trying to be different for the hell of it, even though they know their approach is stupid.

A great recent example is Pushmo. You can export your levels to QR codes. You can upload those QR codes to the internet directly from the built in browser, which is something I honestly didn't know or expect. You can also save images from the browser to your SD card. But you can't import a QR code directly from the browser, or your photo album. Makes no sense at all...

EDIT: Nintendo should also implement eShop and friend code URIs. Like "eshop://pushmo" to look up Pushmo on the eShop from within the browser or "wfc://1234-5678-9012/wsippel" to add someone to your friend list.

watershed

Banned
Not only can you send 3D pictures but you can write on them on two separate 3D planes, and you can fit them into loads of template letters (think Animal Crossing) before you make your animated messages, add audio, and send.

It is very lovely software.

Very cool, thanks.

I will be sending some pretty great 3d screenshots of hd games to folks on my friends list.

System Update on the eShop!

edit: It's taking a long time to start...it's been a minute and the bar hasn't filled up even a little

M3d10n

Seems more like e-mail than chatting. At least should be useful for sharing pictures (not of my junk) with friends.

BurntPork

Banned
I guess 3DS will never get a real messaging system then, huh? *sigh* Nintendo should give up on trying to make "hardcore" systems. They're incapable of doing it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Just got it in the US and you know - even if it's not OS level, or rather multitasking (since Spotpass is OS and always on - don't forget that), this is a really great app. You can actually do a lot with it and it basically is the full messaging system 3DS needed.

Its only limitation is you can't write messages while a game is paused. Ok, fine, that is needed. Otherwise, great app and useful, thanks to spotpass always queuing messages in the background.

Bullza2o

Getting it now! Finally I can tell my friends on 3DS that I want to play some MK7 online. That said, I need more friends on 3DS :\

Top Bottom