• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swap Note

NeoRausch

no mass deletion of old messages is...bad

i had no problem with it if nintendo was just plain stupid about it. but the thing is... it allready autodeletes old messages but just the answeres, never the originals. and they stack up over time and then you have to manually delete them anyway.

so they know what it is about and what they need to do, but halfassed it again.

plus: it caused confusion around here! (autodeleting old stuff....while not really doing it)

zigg

It's Thursday; in three hours and a handful of minutes we'll find out if NOA is on the ball with this or not.

v0yce

Woohoo! Swap Note update incoming. Seriously this is the 3DS' killer app for me.

I need to get in on this GAF SN goodness. I need new stationary. Gotta catch em all!

For the willing...

4768-7441-0092

zigg

I wouldn't mind re-adding active Swapnoters myself. Anyone who had me before, my number's changed, as I had to replace my 3DS. New number is 2063-0136-7507. If you could PM me when you add me, that'd be nice, as I expect the big list in this thread is getting kinda stale.

(v0yce: I just added you.)

NeoRausch

I wouldn't mind re-adding active Swapnoters myself. Anyone who had me before, my number's changed, as I had to replace my 3DS. New number is 2063-0136-7507. If you could PM me when you add me, that'd be nice, as I expect the big list in this thread is getting kinda stale.

ohohho! i'm so gonna add you! i'm good at handing out new stationaries!

4639 8940 9147

NeoRausch

That'd be nice, the first one I got was I Fight Dragons :) Added.

really? everything before is missing for ya?

Well...check your inbox! ;)

sorry for the stupid comments....it'ss late over here.

Edit:

are you in europe? Did you downlload the update? If yes: press left or right on the d-pad when you are writing a massage.

Nah, mea culpa. My fault... Don't drink and post...or do it's fun, but think more about the truth of the stuff you post. :/

it was just the normal All-Access one. I didn't want to spread false information. Sorry folks!

Well, that's a relief. Okay then!

zigg

are you in europe? Did you downlload the update? If yes: press left or right on the d-pad when you are writing a massage.
The update is available in America now too. Along with the Zelda and, uh, golf? updates, all prompted when I hit the eShop.

Thanks for the stationeries, by the way :)

Amir0x

Banned

What happened to your 3DS? I just had to replace my 3DS too just last week, broke out of nowhere. Just stopped working.

My new friend code is 0130-2947-1199. It really blows you can't just cloud transfer your account (or at least friend code info) like in normal, non-stone age universes :(

if anyone does add, same as you, PMS yo

v0yce

Thanks added you, weird, and Amir0x.

Pleasure :).

Now what's this I heard about a gray Nintendo Direct stationary? Does that exist or not?

Nope.

weird + alcohol + posting on GAF = :/

:p

Hey guys, I'd love to start sending out Swapnotes... but my friend list is empty.

Does anyone want to add me? 1461-6224-4636

Thanks!

Woohoo! Swap Note update incoming. Seriously this is the 3DS' killer app for me.

I need to get in on this GAF SN goodness. I need new stationary. Gotta catch em all!

For the willing...

4768-7441-0092

ohohho! i'm so gonna add you! i'm good at handing out new stationaries!

4639 8940 9147

What happened to your 3DS? I just had to replace my 3DS too just last week, broke out of nowhere. Just stopped working.

My new friend code is 0130-2947-1199. It really blows you can't just cloud transfer your account (or at least friend code info) like in normal, non-stone age universes :(

if anyone does add, same as you, PMS yo

Thank you all for adding your FC details to the thread.

I have added them all to the collated GAF Swap Note FC list in post#2412.

As always, if you wish me to amend or delete your details from this list, please just let me know.

watershed

Banned
I just recently purged my 3ds friend list of a bunch of people who had no "last online" dates. Some of them also had no message or favorite title so its a good bet they already deleted me at some point. I now have many, many slots open.

I send various drawings and doodles regularly if anyone wants to add me my fc is 1203-9217-7569.

I just recently purged my 3ds friend list of a bunch of people who had no "last online" dates. Some of them also had no message or favorite title so its a good bet they already deleted me at some point. I now have many, many slots open.

I send various drawings and doodles regularly if anyone wants to add me my fc is 1203-9217-7569.

Added your details to the list in post#2412 :).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I've decided to go through my friendlist and made note of everyone who hasn't been online for a while/not at all. I'll do it in four blocks of 25 since typing out 100 friendcodes is a bit tedious.

Ended up with 2 dead cards. Had an old PM request to fulfil so now I have one space left in my list. But it goes to show that no online date doesn't necessarily mean they have deleted you off their list.

75 names to go...

Tyeforce

Well I've decided to go through my friendlist and made note of everyone who hasn't been online for a while/not at all. I'll do it in four blocks of 25 since typing out 100 friendcodes is a bit tedious.

Ended up with 2 dead cards. Had an old PM request to fulfil so now I have one space left in my list. But it goes to show that no online date doesn't necessarily mean they have deleted you off their list.

75 names to go...
This is true, but if they do still have you registered and they don't have a last online date, that means they haven't been online in at least about 2 weeks. When I need to make more room on my Friend List, those people are the first to go. Whether they still have me added or not, I'm sorry to say it, but if they haven't played their 3DS in over 2 weeks, then what's the point of having their Friend Code? They're clearly not active users, and they probably don't even use Swapnote anymore (if they even really used it in the first place). Right now I'm having to weed out inactive members of my StreetPass group because I just don't have the room on my Friend List for everyone. I hate to have to delete people, but if they're not even playing their 3DS in the first place... =/

Mistle

If anybody has any free spaces, feel free to add me (and let me know so I can return the add). I actively read Swapnote and occasionally send out sketches (though admittedly not as often as I used to).

Tyeforce

Here's a list of all currently released special stationeries:

1. New Year
    image011bt.png

2. Valentine's Day
    image012b.png

3. Notebook
    0221122520reggie2520nin.png

4. Nintendo Direct (Japan)
    image013b.png

5. The Legend of Zelda
    image001bt.png

6. Game Center CX
    image002bz.png

7. Monster Hunter #1
    image007b.png

8. nintendogs + cats
    image003bn.png

9. Nintendo Direct (Europe)
    image008b.png

10. Monster Hunter #2
    image009b.png

11. I Fight Dragons
    image005b.png

12. Art Academy
    image006u.png

13. Dragon Quest Monsters #1
    image010b.png

14. Mario Tennis Open (Mario)
    statmario.png

15. Dragon Quest Monsters #2
    statdrqs.png

16. Nintendo All-Access @ E3 2012
    state32012.png

17. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (North America)
    statsmb21.png

18. Monster Hunter #3
    statcapcom3.png

19. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan)
    statsmb22.png

20. Culdcept
    statculdcept.png

21. Mario Tennis Open (Peach)
    statmt2.png

22. Summer Beach
    statbeach2072012.png

23. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
    13008916.png

Image source: http://gbatemp.net/topic/321497-swapnoteletterbox-sendable-stationaries/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This is true, but if they do still have you registered and they don't have a last online date, that means they haven't been online in at least about 2 weeks. When I need to make more room on my Friend List, those people are the first to go. Whether they still have me added or not, I'm sorry to say it, but if they haven't played their 3DS in over 2 weeks, then what's the point of having their Friend Code? They're clearly not active users, and they probably don't even use Swapnote anymore (if they even really used it in the first place). Right now I'm having to weed out inactive members of my StreetPass group because I just don't have the room on my Friend List for everyone. I hate to have to delete people, but if they're not even playing their 3DS in the first place... =/

Perhaps they chose the option not to show when they are online. Have no idea why one would choose this and whether this affects the last online date.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
There are exactly 20 special stationeries released so far. Here's a list:

1. New Year
  2. Valentine's
  3. Notebook
  5. The Legend of Zelda
  6. Game Center CX
  7. Monster Hunter #1
  8. nintendogs + cats
  10. Monster Hunter #2
  11. I Fight Dragons
  12. Art Academy
  14. Mario Tennis Open
  18. Monster Hunter #3
  20. Culdcept

I think I have all of those.

Mostly thanks to BGBW.

Qurupeke

1. New Year
  2. Valentine's
  3. Notebook
  5. The Legend of Zelda
  6. Game Center CX
  7. Monster Hunter #1
  8. nintendogs + cats
  10. Monster Hunter #2
  11. I Fight Dragons
  12. Art Academy
  14. Mario Tennis Open
  18. Monster Hunter #3
  20. Culdcept

I have them all. I just realized that there are 20 of them. Nice list.

watershed

Banned
In anticipation of the imminent release of The Dark Knight Rises I've started a series of swapnote drawings based on all things batman. I've sent out 2 so far.

NeoRausch

But it goes to show that no online date doesn't necessarily mean they have deleted you off their list.

I'm ready to test this out.

anybody willing to:

-Add me
-See my onlline status
-Delete me
- See if my status says nothing at all
-add me again for some major swapnot love?

rpmurphy

1. New Year
  2. Valentine's
  3. Notebook
  5. The Legend of Zelda
  6. Game Center CX
  7. Monster Hunter #1
  8. nintendogs + cats
  10. Monster Hunter #2
  11. I Fight Dragons
  12. Art Academy
  14. Mario Tennis Open
  18. Monster Hunter #3
  20. Culdcept
I'm missing five: New Year, Valentine's, Notebook, Nintendo Direct Europe, and DQM (whichever is the one that's not Slimes) Can someone with those please add me and send them my way? My FC is 2921-9995-9233. Thanks!

dtekdahl00

Neo Member
I've already put my friend code up but I'm not sure if I got any takers.

Anybody care to add someone new to GAF?

1461-6224-4636

Edit: Bear in mind, I have no stationary to offer: only friendship.

Croc

Banned
I'm missing three of the stationeries; one of the Monster Hunter ones, (not sure which one though, the first one I have shows the wave on the left with the cat holding up the sword on the right, and the other just has the cat on the left holding up the meat) one of the Dragon Quest Monsters ones (the one I have is the one with all of the blue slimes), and the Culdcept one.

Could just one person add me and send those three my way? It'd be much appreciated!

My friend code is: 2105-8650-6362

I'm missing three of the stationeries; one of the Monster Hunter ones, (not sure which one though, the first one I have shows the wave on the left with the cat holding up the sword on the right, and the other just has the cat on the left holding up the meat) one of the Dragon Quest Monsters ones (the one I have is the one with all of the blue slimes), and the Culdcept one.

Could just one person add me and send those three my way? It'd be much appreciated!

My friend code is: 2105-8650-6362

Added your FC details to the collated list in post#2412 :).

1. New Year
    image011bt.png

2. Valentine's Day
    image012b.png

3. Notebook
    image004b.png

image013b.png

5. The Legend of Zelda
    image001bt.png

6. Game Center CX
    image002bz.png

7. Monster Hunter #1
    image007b.png

8. nintendogs + cats
    image003bn.png

image008b.png

10. Monster Hunter #2
    image009b.png

11. I Fight Dragons
    image005b.png

12. Art Academy
    image006u.png

image010b.png

14. Mario Tennis Open
    statmario.png

statdrqs.png

state32012.png

statsmb21.png

18. Monster Hunter #3
    statcapcom3.png

statsmb22.png

20. Culdcept
    statculdcept.png

Image source: http://gbatemp.net/topic/321497-swapnoteletterbox-sendable-stationaries/
Pardon my ignorance, but how do I get / use these? I've received some of them through Spot Pass but can't send notes with special stationary. Is that a feature I haven't unlocked yet?

rpmurphy

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I get / use these? I've received some of them through Spot Pass but can't send notes with special stationary. Is that a feature I haven't unlocked yet?
Yes, there are two unlocks, first one to be able to use different stationaries (but only 6 available), and the second to be able to purchase additional stationaries with pedometer coins and to be able to save these special stationaries to use.

That's a lot of new stationary. I've only got a couple of those, and I want more! Also, does anyone know how often Nintendo sends out new ones via SpotPass? I got a couple during E3, but that's all I've ever received.

Someone who has one has to send it to you, most of these are Japanese only

Yes, there are two unlocks, first one to be able to use different stationaries (but only 6 available), and the second to be able to purchase additional stationaries with pedometer coins and to be able to save these special stationaries to use.
Thanks guys. I have two people on my 3DS friends list and neither use Swapnote, so my chances of even unlocking the feature is slim.

BooJoh

The SpotPass notes are a little strange. I saw here about the new stationery, so I opened SwapNote and did a manual SpotPass check, 0 new notes. Hit the Home button, and the indicator light starts flashing blue and there's a blue dot on Notifications and SwapNote. Exited, loaded SwapNote again, and the Peach stationery arrived, dated two days ago.

Do you even need to send created notes to anyone to unlock features? I honestly don't remember.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to send them, just write them and save them.

Top Bottom