• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TALES FROM MY ASS IV: A wild German appears! +50 DMG to thread privileges

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
This rumor is complete and utter bullshit guys.

I'm not saying this as a guess...

There ya go. And isn't there a "huge" surprise for the PS4 at gamescom, too? I'd rather take mortimer's word since he does know something. ;)

Sony has always been big at gamescom. Remember when Mass Effect going multi-plat was confirmed there in Sony's press event? That was huge.

untitled90ug8.png

Blam! "Rumor" is now dead, right?

I dunno, it's just crazy to think Sony won't pimp out the PS4 at gamescom. I remember them saying The Order and Killzone: Shadow Fall's MP being playable for half hour sessions.

I doubt this is true, Sony wouldn't miss this opportunity to market to it's main safe haven outside of Japan. Though I wouldn't put it pass Microsoft to pull off some form of massive Xbox One tournament using 100 consoles to do so. Possibly Call of Duty or a massive Titanfall demonstration? Dollar for Dollar Sony just can't compete with the marketing muscle Microsoft has anymore.

KOHIPEET

Definately wrong. Been at the exhibiton halls a few minutes ago. There are already installing the demo stations. At least a quarter of the huge playstation booth is dedicated to PS4.

..First post after several years of membership! Hello all!

A picture? A pixel? Feed us please!

glaurung

I doubt this is true, Sony wouldn't miss this opportunity to market to it's main safe haven outside of Japan. Though I wouldn't put it pass Microsoft to pull off some form of massive Xbox One tournament using 100 consoles to do so. Possibly Call of Duty or a massive Titanfall demonstration? Dollar for Dollar Sony just can't compete with the marketing muscle Microsoft has anymore.
Battlefield 4 will be the main draw for large scale multiplayer battles.

I Should add that it's entirely possible Sony is going to forgo Gamescom and lock down TGS but I don't see how that would benefit them in the European Markets.

Krilekk maybe it's the plugs!! They've got different plugs in Europe. Probably can't plug the PS4s in. It's definitely an issue with the electricity conversion. It's a fact that Sony will have problems with the plugs at the Gamescom trade show.

Battlefield 4 will be the main draw for large scale multiplayer battles.

True...but they can't have another crash like they did at E3. They will go with what works, and if they want to show off something innovative(not saying BF4 isn't) they'll go with Titanfall.

Finalizer

Is it bad of me to be more excited for further impending meltdowns as the new console launches approach, than for the actual consoles themselves?

Because I totally am.

It's the best part of next gen man. Been too long since there's been drama like this in vidya. Bring a couple bags of popcorn, 'cause the show's only gonna get better as release dates come closer.

Also, predictions for almost guaranteed thread title trolling from mods?

maverick40

Complete rubbish, I am going to gamescon on a press pass and Sony have their own privat event on tuesday and then playable ps4 games all week.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Definately wrong. Been at the exhibiton halls a few minutes ago. There are already installing the demo stations. At least a quarter of the huge playstation booth is dedicated to PS4.

Now I feel bad for trusting generyx (spam@fuckyou.de), fan and owner of the shitstation 3, in the first place.

Arondight

I don't believe it because that would be pretty much handling MS the key to gaining much more momentum especially when MS has already backtracked on nearly every single negative policy. I'm sure Sony realizes that MS is gaining more momentum and wouldn't be surprised if they announce massive amounts of stuff at Gamescom and have a lot of demos to quell skepticism's about previous demos and to bring more excitement to PS4.

Oh man, a negative post/thread about sony from Krilekk? From some guy who claims to be the proud owner of a shitstation 3?
Oh man, some people...

KaiserBecks

The "source" of this rumour is talking about Sony not showing the PS4 on the consumer showroom. I don't get why they wouldn't give consumers a hands-on, but it certainly isn't impossible. That said, the guy who created this thread has been banned from the maniac forum several times (for pretty much every reason you could think of). Yet he always comes back claiming he's somebody else. I'm actually surprised that he still has his original username here. Take everything he says with the national reserve of salt.

The "source" of this rumour is talking about Sony not showing the PS4 on the consumer showroom. I don't get why they wouldn't give consumers a hands-on, but it certainly isn't impossible. That said, the guy who created this thread has been banned from the maniac forum several times (for pretty much every reason you could think of). Yet he always comes back claiming he's somebody else. I'm actually surprised that he still has his original username here. Take everything he says with the national reserve of salt.

Krilekk is the best, he doesn't even hide it.
Just look at this thread

It looks like Microsoft decided to put out all the bad news ahead of E3 to make that event all about the things that ultimately sell or don't sell a console: exclusives. Does anybody expect Sony not to do exactly what Microsoft does with used games and such? PC does it since at least five years and it actually became successful again thanks to the old consoles. The writing has long been on the wall, publishers don't want used games. If one console basically blocks used games and unblocks them for a fee, if PC totally blocks used games both physically and digitally, do we actually expect Sony (who invented the PSP Go) to not do it? EA drops online passes. If Sony would go a different route they'd have kept them at least for their platform. So at this point it's safe to assume that all platforms from the end of the year on will work just like Steam. Sony has some explaining to do at E3, it could cost them all the momentum they currently have.

Things look bad now for X1 but it could all change when the games and the price are more interesting that the same for PS4. I think we have to adapt to the no used fully digital present, it's been long coming. Game prices might be much more flexible on the new systems, I can see games selling for $60 in the first month and then dropping $10 every other month. I still don't get however why Microsoft doesn't just offer a fully digital SKU - considering their strategy. Then again the box already looks like two boxes put together. Maybe one day we'll only get the right side of it.

or this thread
Amazon Germany that is. Yeah, X1. Outselling Grand Theft Auto 5 and FIFA. In Playstation country. What is going on?

Funny how ps4 is amazon germany number 1 best seller for 2013 and now we know that sony didn't follow the same route as microsoft at e3.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Following the Maniac thread on this using Google translate is fun— From all the silly generyx posts to the one where someone suggests it should be posted on NeoGAF for fun.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Glorious.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
The "source" of this rumour is talking about Sony not showing the PS4 on the consumer showroom.
The link in the OP talks about PS4 not showing up at all (specifically talking about it not even showing up behind closed doors either) on GamesCom and the confirmation by the alleged insider is that he agrees with the thread that yes, no PS4 @ GamesCom.

Edit: Oh it seems like an hour later in the thread he said that now he had a phone conference where he was informed that it will show up after all but only in the business section.

Anyway, this is all bullshit anyway but that is what the initial thread talked about.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I wasn't trying to be rude and I even fucking said that.
You came off as very rude. In the future if you'd like advice on how to post a reply twitter and you want to not come as rude I'll gladly help out with the wording.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I wasn't trying to be rude and even fucking said that.

What do you expect him to say? Honestly? You're the one putting words directly in his mouth with your "So you're not confident enough in the visual quality?".
If you can't recognize that that sounds like a fanboy-driven inflammatory comment then I don't know what to say.

I don't blame him for not responding. Maybe you meant well but the wording is very dickish.

Sid

Kind of like saying "no offense" right before saying something really offensive.
What do you expect him to say? Honestly? You're the one putting words directly in his mouth with your "So you're not confident enough in the visual quality?".
If you can't recognize that that sounds like a fanboy-driven inflammatory comment then I don't know what to say.

I don't blame him for not responding. Maybe you meant well but the wording is very dickish.

I really didn't meant to come across that way,the answer I was expecting was that it would easily be one of the best looking PS4 games is all.

Top Bottom