• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria trailer #2

Here's something more than just a symbol. What's the connection between Zestiria and Berseria?
AaXn84F.jpg

Perhaps a prequel where there were more than one shepard at one time. I remember Zestiria mentions that at one point in history multiple Shepard existed at once.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hopefully we get the outfit that Velvet had in what seemed to be a flashback. That looked great.

A.E Suggs

Meh. :/
I was hyped by the first teaser and totally disappointed by this trailer. :/
The setting just doesnt click me. I would've hope a classic Tales of setting, but all these werewolves things... :/
What the hell is a classic tales setting? Castles and kingdoms? It has that.

Also what is with a select few people calling the trailer edgy? Looks nothing like that especially going by the dialog. I guess the hand/claw could give that impression but personally i think edgy is the new buzzword for im not feeling something.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Also what is with a select few people calling the trailer edgy? Looks nothing like that especially going by the dialog. I guess the hand/claw could give that impression but personally i think edgy is the new buzzword for im not feeling something.

People haven't seen a hero massacring folks in this manner i'm guessing with blood splashing everywhere(or whatever that red stuff is) and beast claws like this.

In the more recent games, the closest we came was Yuri killing some dudes who were pleading for their lives, with no real recompense.

I actually like it, its refreshing. She may be the 'darkest' protag from a Tales game yet, her backstory looks really interesting based on how she looked in that overrun village

While I don't think that it's "edgy," maybe because this is the first Tales that seems to have an outwardly tortured and brooding protagonist? (a least, AFAIK).

jfoul

I haven't played a Tales Game since Vesperia. Have the visuals gotten worse, or am I mistaken? I should really get around to playing my sealed copies of Xilia & Xilia 2.

Inuhanyou

I haven't played a Tales Game since Vesperia. Have the visuals gotten worse, or am I mistaken? I should really get around to playing my sealed copies of Xilia & Xilia 2.

The artstyles have taken a dive, but generally speaking the entire design of the games has changed in general.

No more overworlds, combat is now done in the third person and some games in combat are not 60fps, like Zestiria. In exchange for dropping cell shaded type graphics, they've gone for much higher polygon count models, far more detailed facial animations and expressions, and actually being able to explore in the third dimension instead of fixed cameras.

They have been somewhat divisive changes, but i enjoyed Xillia and Xillia 2 for what its worth. Only with Zestiria have I felt the design of the game has become problematic

Bebpo

Banned
So Zestiria sequel confirmed or the anime will partially cover Berseria since the anime is called "Tales of 20th Anniversary Animation" instead of "Tales of Zestiria the Animation".

If it's getting a sequel, I find it funny they aren't calling it Zestiria 2.

The anime is probably a link between the two and the two take place in the same universe and allow a ton of location/asset re-use.

Berseria is either prequel, sequel or some other odd connection, but they're totally related. I wouldn't be surprised if the game was originally called Zesteria 2 but after the bad reception of Z, they changed the name to distance from it.

Inuhanyou

I hope Berseria is only tangentially connected to Zestiria in a world sense, and the story itself doesn't piggy back off of Zestiria or its anime.

ED Cantu

I hope Berseria is only tangentially connected to Zestiria in a world sense, and the story itself doesn't piggy back off of Zestiria or its anime.

Maybe it will be something like the connection between Symphonia and Phantasia, with Symphonia being set in the same world just 4000 years before Phantasia, something similar could be interesting.

Zetta

Has it been confirmed yet if this game is going to have combat like Vesperia/Abyss or like Graces/Zestiria. From what I saw it looks more like Zestiria and I'm hoping its not. I just miss basic attacks and special attacks being separate.

Has it been confirmed yet if this game is going to have combat like Vesperia/Abyss or like Graces/Zestiria. From what I saw it looks more like Zestiria and I'm hoping its not. I just miss basic attacks and special attacks being separate.

They said you'd be able to set Artes to all four of the main face buttons. As for whether this means you'll have one type of Arte for each of the four buttons or you'll have the ability to replace your normal attacks with Arte shortcuts like Hearts R, we don't know. Given the move away from normal attacks in favor of Artes in recent games, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the former.

somehow looks worse than the last 2 games, graphically. her shorts are literally just a black texture on her body. modern tales is such a tragedy. i'd rather microsoft pay for exclusivity again so it could get real funding lmao.

BokehKing

Banned
somehow looks worse than the last 2 games, graphically. her shorts are literally just a black texture on her body. modern tales is such a tragedy. i'd rather microsoft pay for exclusivity again so it could get real funding lmao.
It would sell next to nothing on there though....seriously
The audience is just not there, if it was maybe something like phantom dust would have been handled better

Top Bottom