• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

Graces has insufferably bad characters/plot to me, where it constantly took me out of the game and dragged it down. Dungeons are crap too.

I really, really, really dislike that game, lol.
I think it has better dungeons than Xillia, but yeah, the characters and story are almost impressively bad. Graces f and Bravely Default are both tied for the worst characters and writing of any game I've played in the last three years or so. Probably more.

Xenoflare

I think it has better dungeons than Xillia, but yeah, the characters and story are almost impressively bad. Graces f and Bravely Default are both tied for the worst characters and writing of any game I've played in the last three years or so. Probably more.

If Bravely Default featured Edea and Ringabel as the main protagonists it would be a blast. Just forget the Agnes ever happened.

Although I rarely see JRPG protags getting substance.

The soundtrack for BD is beautiful though.

Just curious, but how long was it before the first game dropped in price at all (both physically and digitally). There's a lot coming out this fall that I want and I'd like to save a bit of money where I can. If I end up getting this at full price then I'll pretty much be spending $165+ on vidya in the next 3 weeks.

Xenoflare

wtf Bamco?

snazzy looking steelbook too.

it's ok I hate Graces F more than anyone

Considering what the day one edition was like for NA last year, I'm not that particularly pissed.

The only freebie I used was the Milla Alt color set.

But then again, I think this is more about the gesture of issuing day 1 editions rather than the value of the actual content.

zulux21

Just curious, but how long was it before the first game dropped in price at all (both physically and digitally). There's a lot coming out this fall that I want and I'd like to save a bit of money where I can. If I end up getting this at full price then I'll pretty much be spending $165+ on vidya in the next 3 weeks.

I'm pretty sure xillia 1 hit $30 within a month or two of release it dropped pretty fast (I think digital took a bit longer) I'd wait on it, but I can't pass up on a tales game or when they stop bringing them over again I will feel guilty :/

I'm pretty sure xillia 1 hit $30 within a month or two of release it dropped pretty fast (I think digital took a bit longer) I'd wait on it, but I can't pass up on a tales game or when they stop bringing them over again I will feel guilty :/

Yeah, I don't really want to wait on it either but I want to save where I can since I'll probably be getting about 7-8 more games in the next few months. Well, I suppose I'll make up for it with buying Hearts R right away.

Gambit61

IIRC it was $20 on black friday. It was the boxed limited edition too.

zulux21

Yeah, I don't really want to wait on it either but I want to save where I can since I'll probably be getting about 7-8 more games in the next few months. Well, I suppose I'll make up for it with buying Hearts R right away.

oh yeah I keep forgetting I have that preordered since it's on gamestop and I don't often check there...

but I get the money hurt thing
akiba's trip
disgaea 4
xillia 2
sword art online
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

all this month

and hyrule warriors
Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star Limited Edition
Fairy Fencer F Limited Edition with Beanie
Danganronpa™ 2:
booby warriors(Senran Kagura) next month :/

Taruranto

Jude could be replaced with a floating orb with fist that follows Milla around and you got 70% of his character. If they weren't going to do the romance thing, they might as well just have them be good friends and actually have Jude focus on his studies and what not. Instead we have most of his dialog praising Milla in some way.

This so much. You see people shitting on Asbel all the time, but holy shit, at least he tried.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I've been pretty disappointed by Tales dungeons for awhile. Though I don't recall Xillia having anything Wallbridge-tier.

MSMrRound

Am I bad if I say I might want to wait it out since Namco usually give discounts on Tales Of games?

I mean...I brought ToX day 1 for like $67 locally last year, when Hideo Baba was in town for a convention. Heard NA PSN had sales for it a few months after that or something.

My concerns aren't really helped by Namco deciding to put Tales of Symphonia Chronicles on sale for $7.50 in the "anime" sale, having brought it for $10 in the previous sale.

Sagitario

Got the collector's edition pre-ordered. I won't be playing this until December, though (and I will probably do a quick Xillia 1 playthrough before I start Xillia 2).

cafemomo

Can't wait.

Enjoyed ToX so much, that I played both NA and JP
4z9EoBw.jpg

zulux21

Am I bad if I say I might want to wait it out since Namco usually give discounts on Tales Of games?

I mean...I brought ToX day 1 for like $67 locally last year, when Hideo Baba was in town for a convention. Heard NA PSN had sales for it a few months after that or something.

My concerns aren't really helped by Namco deciding to put Tales of Symphonia Chronicles on sale for $7.50 in the "anime" sale, having brought it for $10 in the previous sale.

to be fair with each sale the game should go lower to attract new people. but if you don't care about supporting the localization of the tales series in general (month 1 sales in general will matter more than lifetime sales of the game in regards to continuing to bring over games, but of course we already have two more tales releases confirmed at this time.) or playing it day 1 then you should wait and save money because it will go down, likely to $20 by black firday.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Been wanting this since I finished Xillia last year. It's been a year, already... wow.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Enjoyed Xilla a lot, but the game did feel unfinished in a couple places. Pretty hyped to see where this goes.

zulux21

That might just be "preorder canceled" worthy.

... And as hyperbolic as that comes out, it CAN be a matter between regular or CE rather than game or no game.

to be fair you should likely confirm with someone else that they didn't change their minds, but at least when they announced the CE it was just going to be a replica pocket watch that didn't keep time :/

it too was a big should I get the CE or not due to that... but since I got mine through best buy with GCU and it seems like it's sold out most places I figure why not keep my CE even though I am buying a crap ton of games this and next month :/

That might just be "preorder canceled" worthy.

... And as hyperbolic as that comes out, it CAN be a matter between regular or CE rather than game or no game.
It wasn't even advertised as an actual pocket watch though, just a mirror shaped like one.

zulux21

It wasn't even advertised as an actual pocket watch though, just a mirror shaped like one.

i missed the compact part originally and just read pocket watch replica :p
either way...
this

doesn't really look like

I won't complain though I like the new art book better.
I like the base on the figure
and I like the music CD in a steelbook.

I am glad I saw the new version because it just looks better o_O

demidar

I think it's hilarious that despite all the ENTHUSIASM we've given, the game's release date slipped most of our minds.

I think it's hilarious that despite all the ENTHUSIASM we've given, the game's release date slipped most of our minds.
I knew it was coming.

These next few months are absolutely PACKED with niche games though. My wallet is already filing for divorce.

demidar

Don't stop playing Trails, whatever you do. See it all the way through.

Then you can join the frothing masses waiting for SC.

It's picked up since Raun. It had a more compelling arc than Bose so I'm more interested in seeing it through. I'm currently in Zeiss now and the new party member is OP. I don't really know how much longer there is left, besides that the next area is probably gonna be the last.

Eusis

to be fair you should likely confirm with someone else that they didn't change their minds, but at least when they announced the CE it was just going to be a replica pocket watch that didn't keep time :/

it too was a big should I get the CE or not due to that... but since I got mine through best buy with GCU and it seems like it's sold out most places I figure why not keep my CE even though I am buying a crap ton of games this and next month :/

True, though I do want to see how thick that artbook REALLY is and if like Ni no Kuni and Symphonia a proper manual's one of the extras.

Mendrox

Hype. I loved Xillia.

Played the game with a friend of mine and we dressed everyone with the funny gadgets up. Alvin with a running nose, Jude with sunglasses, Liz with cattail... Made the fun way better and I also liked the battle system. Story wasn't the best of this world but there were some twists which I liked.

Nevertheless, I will play the crap out of this game with my buddy.

Xillia and SAO in the same week is a killer week. The gaming year begins.

It's picked up since Raun. It had a more compelling arc than Bose so I'm more interested in seeing it through. I'm currently in Zeiss now and the new party member is OP. I don't really know how much longer there is left, besides that the next area is probably gonna be the last.
The
forth chapter
is the last part of the game.

FSLink

Banned
Well I already played the JP version about half way and currently hyped for import Smash 3DS instead. It's a nice surprise though lol.
I think I'll go platinum Xillia 1 finally once I get my PS3 back this week.

alexein

I also got the ludger eu version already paid off, but man namco just release the same collector in all region.
Symphonia had a better box and the dlc and a steelbook in us
Xillia 2 not the same steelbook, the plushie and the dlc code included.

And now for the xillia 2 collector i dont think that the steelbook of the day one will be inside so i guess it will be a regular case and i had to preorder to get the dlc.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Huh. I completely forgot this was coming out now. Like a lot of other people here, it seems.

And it's only been a year since I played Xillia 1, but I've also completely forgotten a lot of the story details. Guess I should refresh my memory.

Top Bottom