• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milabrega

Sad that the big reveal tonight was the official announcement of Yatterman-2, guess that really means that early leak was true and there's no more characters. For one last time, here's that old producer list of characters he considered/would consider for TvC2 (this was before this updated version was announced) There was Samurai Pizza cats and Speed Racer teasing on Capcom-Unity, but I guess that's never going to manifest itself either. Isn't Arthur also seen in Capcom side endings of the original, was he still there last night?

Tatsunoko Side:

- Condor no Joe
- Yattaman #2
- Shurato
- Soul Taker
- Nakahara Komugi
- Daikyojin
- Beruku Katsue
- Tekkaman Evil
- Braiking Boss

Capcom Side:

- Leon
- Nash (Charlie)
- Date Masamune
- Arthur
- Ibuki
- Vega (M. Bison)
- ReiRei
- Zero Gouki
- Tiara Hime
- Nero
- June
- Rouge
- Tyrant
- Hinata

ReiGun

I know my team. :D

I'd take Braiking Boss and Soul Taker for Tatsu's side, and Leon and Dante for Capcom's side in the sequel. They could also just finish the Gatchaman team with Jinpei and Ryu. Anything after that would be gravy.

PS. Fuck Speed Racer. Yeah, I said it.

RedBoot

ReiGun said:
I'd take Braiking Boss and Soul Taker for Tatsu's side, and Leon and Dante for Capcom's side in the sequel. They could also just finish the Gatchaman team with Jinpei and Ryu. Anything after that would be gravy.

If they put in Gatchaman Ryu then they have to put in a Breath of Fire Ryu as well just so we can have maximum confusion with three Ryus.

SecretBonusPoint said:
I so wish they'd got the Samurai Pizza Cats in. Is there a specific reason why theyre not in, like a license issue? They seem the most relevant and different to the rest of the Tatsunoko cast to be in...yet they are not :(
A lot of the Tat cast is just smearing together visually with me. At times I dont know how Im actually looking at, because alot of them look the same. Either that, or I've just haven't been paying attention, which is highly likely :lol

TreIII

DR2K said:
I suppose he has a copyright claim over Capcom?

No, but there is still such a thing as "respecting the wishes of the guy who's actually responsible for the series".

Koba seemingly wasn't willing to play ball this time around, which is probably why the likes of Dante and Sengoku BASARA's Date Masamune didn't get their e-vites.

Forkball

charactor_ai0.jpg

The bad thing about the Tatsunoko side is that there are limited series to draw from due to so many different companies owning the overseas rights to individual shows. If we do happen to see more characters on the Tatsunoko side, they probably won't be from a series that isn't already represented by a character.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
UDON confirmed that they did all the new endings for TvC.

UDONCrew said:
The cat is out of the bag! Yes, UDON provided all the new ending artwork for Tatsunoko VS Capcom. Once the game is released we'll be posting some of the new artwork up here on our DA.

TreIII

Mockingbird said:
Try telling that to Mikami.

And that's probably the reason they're not likely to do this type of thing any more.

Pissing off and then possibly losing some one like Koba (Kobayashi) would probably be a good sized inconvenience, since he's in charge of products that have been doing quite well for Capcom (DMC and Sengoku BASARA). So why even stir up that hornet nest?

Besides, this game was largely an Inafune party any way. More than half of the characters on the Capcom side are basically related/relevant to INAFKING in some way.

Ramune

donkey show said:
Crap, no more animated endings. =(

That's too bad. Music changes and this too? I'll still get it, but I'm keeping the Japanese original around to show peeps how we really kicked it before it came overseas.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
donkey show said:
Crap, no more animated endings. =(

Um no.

The animated endings are still there (the voiceovers in the endings are in the credits). They just redid the presentation part of the endings.

Ookami-kun said:
Well he didn't specify if they are characters or such...

Well if it's like that then I would love to have character themes unlockable as an altenative to the new stage music. Not saying the music is bad but I did like how CGoH used and remixed those themes in the first place.

And now with Ai becoming official I'm starting to lose hope for more characters. But TvC2 is coming so that opens up new avenues for characters on both ends. Cyber Blue/Shurato would be some GOD TIER shit.

Captain N said:
will there be friend codes or did they bypass them?
There's no such thing as bypassing friend codes. The only reason why a game would use them is if they're running on Nintendo's servers which is what every online game does except for the EA ones- which is why they're the only ones that use a unified EA username.

Captain N

silverbullet1080 said:
There's no such thing as bypassing friend codes. The only reason why a game would use them is if they're running on Nintendo's servers which is what every online game does except for the EA ones- which is why they're the only ones that use a unified EA username.

I only asked because I know Guitar Hero doesn't use them either.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Captain N said:
I only asked because I know Guitar Hero doesn't use them either.

GH is using the universal Wii friend code, which if rumors are to be believe, is what Nintendo is pushing to be the norm now.

kinggroin

Banned
Any word as to whether or not Capcom will give the game a proper ad campaign ala SFIV?

I'd love to see the sequel come to fruition on all three platforms.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
A Sequel would be awesome, but seeing how the Arcade version was created using Wii hardware and the fact that to do a sequel they would have to create HD Models etc, could they do a three platform sequel? and funnily enough would it be an up port or a port down and would they decide to go light gun route for the Wii version?? :lol :lol

would be randomily insane if they do a sequel on three platforms and somehow screw the Wii Version up. even though the original was based on wii hardware

Milabrega

kinggroin said:
Any word as to whether or not Capcom will give the game a proper ad campaign ala SFIV?

:lol Not a fucking chance. SF4 had a nice debut trailer at that big MMA event prior to launch, ad campaigns around the clock on all the major stations. When has/will TvC appear other than internet gaming sites? Maybe a 2 minute segment on one of those shitty ass gaming shows, maybe.

Should we do sales predictions? Going to guess 26k January NPD, and maybe inching to 120k by the end of March if word of mouth is positive. I expect first major price sale in March. Stiff competition in the first quarter, SSF4 hype looming over its head, releasing day and date with the years biggest title to date that is receiving a large campaign ME2, and sharing that date with another unmarketed but highly heralded Wii release NMH2.

Its this close to release and we've yet to have full disclosure on the online, that's a bad sign.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sadly I don't expect this game to do very well. No one knows what the hell "Tatsunoko" is, for one thing. If a Resident Evil game bombs on the Wii, what chance does a fighting game have?

And ditto on things not looking good when they have yet to talk about the online. Still, I'm keeping my hopes up.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I dunno, I was at GameWorks the other day, and there was like this ten-year old on one of the machines they had there, and I was like "yeah, you know this is coming to Wii in like two weeks" and he was like "I know, its got Zero in it, its going to be awesome!"

Than his mom leaned over to me, pointed to the screen and asked me "so, which one of those guys is Capcom?":lol

TreIII said:
And that's probably the reason they're not likely to do this type of thing any more.

Pissing off and then possibly losing some one like Koba (Kobayashi) would probably be a good sized inconvenience, since he's in charge of products that have been doing quite well for Capcom (DMC and Sengoku BASARA). So why even stir up that hornet nest?

Besides, this game was largely an Inafune party any way. More than half of the characters on the Capcom side are basically related/relevant to INAFKING in some way.

Can you elaborate on what happened with Mikami and his characters in the past?

The_Technomancer said:
I dunno, I was at GameWorks the other day, and there was like this ten-year old on one of the machines they had there, and I was like "yeah, you know this is coming to Wii in like two weeks" and he was like "I know, its got Zero in it, its going to be awesome!"

Than his mom leaned over to me, pointed to the screen and asked me "so, which one of those guys is Capcom?":lol
Nice! Awesome mom confirmed :lol

patrickthehedgehog said:
Is this stick identical to the SFIV one that looks just like it? I had a few issues with that one...
not really identical, because well, it plugs into a Wii remote, but it uses similar parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom