• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagitario

_dementia said:
people playing FGs for single player content are doing it wrong

I do that... :(

I asked this in the Arcade Stick thread but got no answer... it can't hurt to ask here too:

Any good place that sells the TvsC stick and doesn't charge much for international shipping?
Amazon doesn't ship it to my country and the Capcom Store charges $34 for shipping >_<

Kaibutsu

well confirmed by Zonic, a Mod on Capcom-Unity

Edit: Well, I asked Jgonzo, he asked some people, & yes, sadly, the animated parts will NOT be in the US version due to licensing issues.

I won't lie. Of all the things being removed in the US version (the music, Daimao, etc.), this probably makes me the most saddest that it's being removed. I'm glad they kept the text parts & I understand they had to get rid of them to bring the game to the US, but still.....I really wanted to see the endings with English subtitles (for some reason, the internet DOESN'T HAVE ANY ENDINGS TRANSLATED except for the endings of Morrigan & Saki), not to mention the Capcom cameos. Still, it's a sacrifice that had to be made to have it localized (plus the new features help make up for the removed ones).
"
I call bullshit! I'm not a licensing expert or lawyer but I can't see how there would be any issues with including the animated endings other than they just didn't want to pay to get them. The thing that pisses me off the most is we are just finding this out less than two weeks before the game comes out and not even from capcom directly. wtf?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Kaibutsu said:
well confirmed by Zonic, a Mod on Capcom-Unity

"
I call bullshit! I'm not a licensing expert or lawyer but I can't see how there would be any issues with including the animated endings other than they just didn't want to pay to get them. The thing that pisses me off the most is we are just finding this out less than two weeks before the game comes out and not even from capcom directly. wtf?

Capcom actually talked about this a few days ago. They don't fully own rights of games unlike before - like say, Rival Schools.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I dont mind too much about lack of ANimated endings I am sure you can Youtube them

I jsut want to know about the Online Play any impressions etc?

Little Green Yoda said:
Ha, cool. What kind of minigames got axed for UAS?

I did a write up of all the minigames on SRK. Link below.

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=170297&p=5855072&viewfull=1#post5855072

All I can remember is how much Gan-chan's minigame was a fucking pain in the ass. Same for Morrigan's as well. But PTX-40A's was the coolest and that's why it was revamped into Ultimate All-Shooters. But the games were of a nice variety and the SD versions of the characters were very adorable looking. Hopefully they give more Zenny for playing the other modes and give some out for VS matches as well.

Teknoman

7h1ag0 said:
*tears of joy*

smd2rp.jpg

Hope I win a TvC stick...kinda sucks that the other fight sticks cant work via USB on Wii, but that cant be helped.

But if not, i'll snag one later and just use my classic controller.

Hero

Ookami-kun said:
Capcom actually talked about this a few days ago. They don't fully own rights of games unlike before - like say, Rival Schools.

If I had to guess I think the animated endings would probably have more to do with the Tatsunoko side than the Capcom..

Kaibutsu

Well I just canceled the US version of TvC. The version is just too gimped for my liking, first the removal of Hakushon Daima&#333;, then the music, then the mini-games and finally the fucking animated endings. Oh I'm still going to get the game, it's just going to be the Japanese version. I need to find out what's going to be included or removed for the japanese version of Ultimate All-Stars though

Vgamer

Kaibutsu said:
Well I just canceled the US version of TvC. The version is just too gimped for my liking, first the removal of Hakushon Daima&#333;, then the music, then the mini-games and finally the fucking animated endings. Oh I'm still going to get the game, it's just going to be the Japanese version. I need to find out what's going to be included or removed for the japanese version of Ultimate All-Stars though

Ya with all of the things removed it does not seem like they should be charging full price for the US version.

Vgamer said:
Ya with all of the things removed it does not seem like they should be charging full price for the US version.
well, they added online play
i mean, that's kind of important for a 2-player fighting game in 2010, i think

akakaze

Banned
Kaibutsu said:

Yeah, that does make me wonder if the JP version will be less gimpy. I BOUGHT a JP Wii specifically for Cross Generation of Heroes, which I've enjoyed playing very much over the last year as we waited for announcement of a (then extremely unlikely) US release.

GWX

Who the hell cares. It has more characters, a more balanced roster and fucking online play.

License hell works like this, you lose stuff from the original, just deal with it.

Kaibutsu

GWX said:
Who the hell cares. It has more characters, a more balanced roster and fucking online play.

License hell works like this, you lose stuff from the original, just deal with it.

oh i am dealing with it, i'm not buying it :p

1 youtube endings and music
2 go buy carnival games for your mini game fix
3 Daimo was a joke character

I bought the import back in the day but I'm still getting the US version day one. Rebalanced, online and with new characters hell yeah.

GWX

robut said:
1 youtube endings and music
2 go buy carnival games for your mini game fix
3 Daimo was a joke character

I bought the import back in the day but I'm still getting the US version day one. Rebalanced, online and with new characters hell yeah.

No, seriously. And even then, the best minigame (the only one worth playing) is back and expanded. GAF bitches about anything. I'm still surprised that this game will see the light of the day in the US, and they want their minigames and Daimao back.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
GWX said:
No, seriously. And even then, the best minigame (the only one worth playing) is back and expanded. GAF bitches about anything. I'm still surprised that this game will see the light of the day in the US, and they want their minigames and Daimao back.

Ultimate All-Stars is essentially the Super SF4 upgrade to TvC. Stuff's going to be changed, removed, or remixed anyway. Some people are acting like this is just a localization; it is not.

MoxManiac

Kaibutsu said:

Seems silly to do that though, most of that stuff is unimportantt filler/fluff. The JP version is probably going to be missing the same stuff anyways (Daimao definitely won't be in it due to cross region online play)

Yes Boss!

MoxManiac said:
Seems silly to do that though, most of that stuff is unimportantt filler/fluff. The JP version is probably going to be missing the same stuff anyways (Daimao definitely won't be in it due to cross region online play)

Silly indeed.

Not to mention the game is only $47 at amazon (with a $10 kickback). If there was ever any reason to support a game this is it. That they went through all the efforts to bring this one out of Japan needs to be rewarded with a first week sale.

Kaibutsu

*shrug* I'm just telling you why I'm not buying it. I'm not telling anyone else to buy or not buy, honestly I could care less if anyone else buys it. You guys act like I'm calling for a boycott or something. All I'm saying is the things they removed and the way they have informed us has been a deal breaker for me but I thank everyone for telling me how I should feel :p

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Kaibutsu said:
*shrug* I'm just telling you why I'm not buying it. I'm not telling anyone else to buy or not buy, honestly I could care less if anyone else buys it. You guys act like I'm calling for a boycott or something. All I'm saying is the things they removed and the way they have informed us has been a deal breaker for me but I thank everyone for telling me how I should feel :p
you're not calling for a boycott, but you are still effectively boycotting it and making it publicly known which is halfway to the same thing.

It's the same shit we almost ALWAYS have to deal with when getting niche and/or licensed games from japan and will never change. Not buying it is effectively sending the publisher one message and one message only: You don't want this type of game brought over. I get your disappointment, but in the end you're hurting future chances of anything like this coming over again.. Great if you want to import everything.. sucks as soon as the first language-heavy thing you are interested in doesn't get a localization.

It's your money to do with as you please.. just realize the ramifications of dropping the local copy for the import on such trivial issues. Most of us are just shocked and amazed to be getting this in the US.. bitching about endings, music or similar minor annoyances seems to me like looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Hero

I could understand the peeve about music but the animated endings being removed is a dealbreaker? Go on fucking youtube and you can see them. Stop being a crybaby.

Kaibutsu

Hero said:
I could understand the peeve about music but the animated endings being removed is a dealbreaker? Go on fucking youtube and you can see them. Stop being a crybaby.

Yes ma'am I'll do that. I'll also go and buy 20 copies now just to support this great localization :p

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MoxManiac said:

The Japanese and the American versions of UAS are also coming out at the same time. If the game is going to have cross-region play, it's going to be the same; Hakushon Daimao is gone in Ultimate All-Stars.

I'll keep my pre-order for the U.S. version; LOL at canceling the game because there's no low-quality 20 second animated endings. Some of them are funny, but as already said, just go watch them on Youtube and be done with it.

The only possible difference I am wondering about is if the Japanese version will keep the original character-specific theme music, but again as UAS is coming out the same time in both regions and will have online play, I doubt it.

duckroll

Haha look at all these pathetic losers so desperate to give their souls and wallets to a game company for a half assed localization with a bunch of content removed. OMG WE SHOULD BE SO GLAD WE ARE GETTING THIS AT ALL! Yeah wtf is this? 1995? :lol

Kaibutsu said:
Yes ma'am I'll do that. I'll also go and buy 20 copies now just to support this great localization :p
Localization?

I can finally see why you're confused. This isn't a localization of CGoH, this is a different game; UAS.

Lyte Edge

duckroll said:
Haha look at all these pathetic losers so desperate to give their souls and wallets to a game company for a half assed localization with a bunch of content removed. OMG WE SHOULD BE SO GLAD WE ARE GETTING THIS AT ALL! Yeah wtf is this? 1995? :lol

Ban this troll!

It's more like "one stupid character, some useless mini-games, and animated endings removed, but game balance worked on, more characters added, new stages added, new music added, Lost Planet mini-game improved, and online play added to make up for it."

I take it most of the people whining never played the original version.

borghe

duckroll said:
eh... if this were just "niche japanese game A" coming out over here I would agree with you. But given the utterly fucked up licensing for most of the Tatsunoko properties over here in this instance... yeah, we should TOTALLY just be glad we're getting it at all. I don't necessarily understand them removing the mini-games.. But characters? Music? Animation? That shit is pretty par for the course for a heavily licensed game being localized.

They aren't removing the content for the heck of it or because they're too lazy to do localization, are they? I thought they had two choices: Not publish this at all in the US due to licensing issues, or remove the offending material. Unless I'm mistaken?

Forkball

duckroll said:
I shouldn't dignify this with a response, but I'm waiting for a call so I have some time to kill.

First of all, everyone should be glad to get this at all. It is a licensing nightmare only overshadowed by Jump Ultimate Stars (which never made its way here). And I wouldn't call the localization half-assed. Half-assed localization is "this guy are sick." And a bunch of content isn't removed, just random stuff no one cares about. Honestly, who gives a shit about the animated endings? I'd watch them once, and then mash the cancel button as fast as I could if I ever had to see it again. We are getting new characters, new stages, better balanced gameplay, a fuck awesome upgrade to a minigame according to a lot of people, and online. If you seriously care about taking out animated endings after all the new additions, you are a picky whiner just looking for something to bitch about.

Kaibutsu

voodoopanda said:
They aren't removing the content for the heck of it or because they're too lazy to do localization, are they? I thought they had two choices: Not publish this at all in the US due to licensing issues, or remove the offending material. Unless I'm mistaken?

music & character yes we were told of yes, and that's understandable. Mini-games & animations replaced with udon art? why again?

Lyte Edge

Kaibutsu said:
music & character yes we were told of yes, and that's understandable. Mini-games & animations replaced with udon art? why again?

-You are still getting the only mini-game worth a damn. A better version of it, in fact!
-The UDON art replacement thing is weird, but it's a fighting game. The endings should not be of any major importance. Get the game, get online/play versus with your friends.
-AFAIK all of the changes made were to make the game ready for release everywhere.

If you want your cheesy endings, import Cross-Generation of Heroes and enjoy playing a more busted version of the game offline, with less characters, but dumb genie available instead!

The only reason I wouldn't buy this is if early reports say the online is busted.

borghe

Kaibutsu said:
licensing characters for use in the game != licensing actual animation featuring said characters.

not sure if Tatsunoko did the ending anims or if another company was contracted to do them, but I'm pretty sure that it would have been at the very least two sets of rights needed (and paid for) for every single character in the game on the american side.. both the likeness rights and the animation rights. and if Tatsunoko DIDN'T do the animation then rights on the japanese side to license it for release in america.

really guys.... games like this are a fucking legal nightmare. why the fuck do you think we don't see the vast majority of licensed games released over here in the first place outside of major anime properties licensed by 4Kids and Funimation.

Lyte Edge

Kaibutsu said:
Do we know if it is all the same content? I haven't read anything saying it would be the exact same

*sigh*

Same release date = Same game. I am sure much like Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles, the game is multi-language and can be played in Japanese mode if you use Gecko OS.

duckroll

So now when the game bombs hard, and Capcom says they're not going to anymore of this, are you guys going to get even angrier that Kaibutsu decided not to buy that game? I really hope so, because if the combined anger is high enough, maybe we can use that to solve the world's energy crisis! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom