• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain N said:
Capcom can get this game to come out in America...why can't Nintendo get Jump?

Tatsunoko is only a single company and most of their franchises aren't that popular, Shonen is a magazine holding many companies who are very influential world-wide.

comedy bomb said:
They can port it.

They should if they want to sell more than 12,000 copies.

Because 2.5D fighting games are all the rage on the PS3/360. May I bring up Battle Fantasia sales? Seriously if you want to play this buy the Wii.

Linkhero1

-PXG- said:
If Jump Superstars comes out too......O________O
Aren't all the characters licensed by one company, if not most of the characters??? Man it would be awesome if they bring that over.

FUNimation
Viz

who else?

Is anyone else a little disappointed that Capcom worked so hard to get these licenses that no one knows or cares about? I was hoping this engine would be used for MvC3 or something.

OR MAYBE THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENING? BELIEVE?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Flying_Phoenix said:
Because 2.5D fighting games are all the rage on the PS3/360. May I bring up Battle Fantasia sales? Seriously if you want to play this buy the Wii.
Street Fighter 4 did fairly well, if I recall correctly.

Linkhero1 said:
Aren't all the characters licensed by one company, if not most of the characters??? Man it would be awesome if they bring that over.

FUNimation
Viz

who else?

That would be incredible. I imported both of these games and loved them so much, but lag with Japanese players online was a little frustrating, and unlocking the characters without speaking Japanese was difficult.

Archie said:

Street Fighter 4 isn't in the same nichey style as TvC. It seemed as if he was referring that the game was too niche and it would be better off being on the PS3/360 as well when in reality it won't be and if anything it would probably due worse IMO (I can explain).

HUELEN10

Shadowlink123 said:
Yea it is and to those people who want the game on PS3/360, If you really wanted to play the game, then you would just buy a Wii.
Seriously, Wii consoles are inexpensive, have a library of great games, and are readily available.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Flying_Phoenix said:
Street Fighter 4 isn't in the same nichey style as TvC. It seemed as if he was referring that the game was too niche and it would be better off being on the PS3/360 as well when in reality it won't be and if anything it would probably due worse IMO (I can explain).
Please do.

Linkhero1 said:

FUNimation
Viz

who else?
Hmm.

I'm just going off the top of my head, but Funi owns DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, and One Piece, Viz owns Naruto, Bobobo, Deathnote, and pretty much everything else except Yu-Gi-Oh and Shaman King, when you get in to 4Kids territory.

It would still be a mess. Certain licenses are weighed differently when it comes to fees, you'd have to get a really magnanimous agreement from the companies involved for it to be worth it at all. Some companies also hold video game rights to certain licenses, like Atari does (did?) with Dragonball.

HUELEN10 said:
Seriously, Wii consoles are inexpensive, have a library of great games, and are readily available.

But the Wii doesn't have any games though.

Archie said:
Please do.

In short the Wii's market is probably far more hungry for these types of games as opposed to the PS3/360 due to them not receiving many of them, and being niche it can't really appeal to many people. However being exclusive it will most likely gain that erosion to attract people who would otherwise not buy the game.

Now this may sound insane, but look around niche releases on gaming platforms. They tend to be exclusive to make a stronger name for themselves as it's an easier way to attract people toward their platform. Because if you're hardcore gamer chances are you probably already own the majority of gaming platforms. Again this may sound incredibly stupid but it is a common practice and at times it really does work. Case in point "No More Heroes", Grasshopper went from "that company that makes those weird looking cell-shaded games" to a cult-hit developer with the game selling (or has sold) half a million copies world-wide. This is why Suda didn't make the game Wii and Xbox 360 multiplat (when he obviously wanted to) because it could have cannibalized on the game's sales.

Linkhero1

ShockingAlberto said:
Hmm.

I'm just going off the top of my head, but Funi owns DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, and One Piece, Viz owns Naruto, Bobobo, Deathnote, and pretty much everything else except Yu-Gi-Oh and Shaman King, when you get in to 4Kids territory.

It would still be a mess. Certain licenses are weighed differently when it comes to fees, you'd have to get a really magnanimous agreement from the companies involved for it to be worth it at all. Some companies also hold video game rights to certain licenses, like Atari does (did?) with Dragonball.
I wish they would at least take time to look into it like Capcom with TvC. I'm pretty sure if they ever bring Jump they would definitely make changes to the game due to licensing issues.

Flying_Phoenix said:
But the Wii doesn't have any games though.

I know man, and that's what GAF gets upset about. There's like a TON of Wii games, but nobody wants to buy a Wii because it has no games.

Linkhero1

ShockingAlberto said:

'splain.

This is the first I've heard of anything relating to a TvC2.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tatsucap/column11.html

I think it deserves its own thread.

Anyway, the creator, Ryouta Niizuma, wants to make a sequel, hoping to please more and sell more.

Also note that he mentioned the characters that didn't make it in the final 22 (they were saving for more in the sequel), either out of copyright issues and balance. Although he might consider them for the sequel.

Tatsunoko Side :

- Joe the Condor (Gatchaman)
- Yatterman #2
- Shulato (from Shulato)
- Soul Taker
- Nakahara Komugi
- Daikyojin (mecha of Yattodetaman, another Time Bokan series anime)
- Berg Katse (enemy of Gatchaman)
- Tekkaman Evil
- Braiking Boss (enemy of Casshern)
- JJ (Zillion)

Capcom Side :

- Leon
- Nash (Charlie)
- Date Masamune
- Arthur
- Ibuki
- Vega (M. Bison)
- Lei-Lei/Hsein-Ko
- Zero Gouki (Cyberbots mecha... who acts like Gouki)
- Tiara Hime (look up Gaia Masters, another Japan only, obscure Capcom game)
- Nero
- June
- Rouge
- Tyrant
- Hinata Wakaba

Taken from http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=171100

HUELEN10

EmCeeGramr said:
I know man, and that's what GAF gets upset about. There's like a TON of Wii games, but nobody wants to buy a Wii because it has no games.
Fuck you both, I'm gonna go play my Wii and one of my 118 games for it right now...

Cynar

autobzooty said:
Is anyone else a little disappointed that Capcom worked so hard to get these licenses that no one knows or cares about? I was hoping this engine would be used for MvC3 or something.

OR MAYBE THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENING? BELIEVE?

TvC for Wii and MvC3 for 360 and ps3 perhaps.

Archie said:

Really terrible argument. Street Fighter is a cultural icon and this game did its best to tap into the gold mine among 20-30 somethings that that name represents.

wsippel

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:

'splain.

This is the first I've heard of anything relating to a TvC2.
There was an interview with the producer late last year, in December if I remember correctly. In that interview, he mentioned that he wants to do a sequel, hoping it'll sell better of course, and gave a list of characters he'd like to include, like Nero, Leon, Charlie, M. Bison, Rouge - and even more Tatsunoko characters I've never heard of.

Edit: Beaten.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
HUELEN10 said:
I still say what the game needs is Phoenix Wright & The WACK NAZI KID.
If they're going to add anyone from Phoenix Wright, it should be Franziska von Karma :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom