• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |Review Thread|

SarusGray

What non fighting modes does the game have? While I love suplexing people with King, I'd like something else to do too.

VR Mode, Gallery Mode to view past Tekken endings and openings/cinematics. You can spectate others online. customize your character. They have a story mode but that's fighting. I think that's it.

You said I need to go get THAT checked out. lol? By whom? What do I need to get checked out? I never went there and tell people they need to get something checked out silly. I'm not upset at all, I'm at work and maybe I look upset, but that's probably the botox in my face doing that.

If people agree with me after my statements, I didn't force them to do that, that's on them. I am merely making my points clearer in each post when I have to and replying to others to answer their questions with my opinion. Some will agree, others won't. Also I have the game preordered physically and digitally.

Well, all I will say is that you seem to be making a lot of complaints in here about the game itself in this thread, but those would probably be better put in the OT, as discussion should really focus on the reviews. I understand that sometimes you have to talk about one to talk about the other, but putting big bullet lists of things you think the game got wrong are a bit off-topic.

Overall everything makes sense if you look at what they've been through and what they've had to deal with but the problem is people don't look at why it's this way, they just say 'well this is the end product so-", overall it's a different story.

It def makes sense, but I don't think people are wrong to look at the final product, either. Especially those who just read an IGN review or see it in Best Buy. I mean I love Apple products, but if they half-assed their next iPhone and Tim said, "well we've been working on a lot of other cool stuff that split our focus", I wouldn't really give them a free pass you know? I mean at the end of the day it's a product people pay hard-earned money for, so whatever their internal struggles have been, that's on Namco.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It looks like the follow up after will launch them incredibly far which won't allow the juggle to last as long but allows a follow up combo that can either wall splat or put you in a better position for when they get up.

That's just because he did the second tailspin straight away instead of throwing in some regular hits in between. It's just showing the properties of the move. Look up some combo videos (though not ones where they're using multiple rage moves mid-combo, those are just for show) and you'll see what I'm talking about.

SarusGray

Well, all I will say is that you seem to be making a lot of complaints in here about the game itself in this thread, but those would probably be better put in the OT, as discussion should really focus on the reviews. I understand that sometimes you have to talk about one to talk about the other, but putting big bullet lists of things you think the game got wrong are a bit off-topic.

It def makes sense, but I don't think people are wrong to look at the final product, either. Especially those who just read an IGN review or see it in Best Buy. I mean I love Apple products, but if they half-assed their next iPhone and Tim said, "well we've been working on a lot of other cool stuff that split our focus", I wouldn't really give them a free pass you know? I mean at the end of the day it's a product people pay hard-earned money for, so whatever their internal struggles have been, that's on Namco.
I'd rather not clutter the OT since they are there to talk about tips and tricks amongst other things ;-).

I only placed the bullet points because someone decided to pidgeon hole all my post into one point. Being "couple of modes lost" I explain why a 6/10 score may have occurred. If that's not allowed I will leave this thread.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I really wish I'd read up on this stuff before pre ordering. This sounds extremely worrying.

I literally pre-ordered the day before I started reading these threads and also saw this factlist in a different T7 thread.

Deflating, but I am a nostalgic curmudgeon that misses Tekken. I am at least still hopeful the free DLC roadmap will deliver some exciting news to maintain engagement even if this isn't the "total package" many of us hoped.

cordy

Banned
People should look at the final product but along with that they should also, after seeing why this game is this way, understand what it is and take out their anger on the correct people. People saying that Tekken Team has "lost passion", saying the "devs are lazy" stuff like that's just ridiculous. Overall any negative comments needs to be sent towards Bandai Namco if people want to blame someone. Tekken Team has been doing their best with their conditions given. In most of these situations it's almost never the devs. Overall though it's based on opinion on how you feel towards the product.

I get why people are upset and I understand as I wanted more modes and characters too but it is what it is. What I think is crazy is the blame on devs and Harada as if they could change things even when Harada's had his own comments switched by Bandai themselves. At the end of the day that company's the one not giving them what they need, not giving them enough time and spreading them out so when they come back to Tekken this is what happens. That is on Bandai Namco, just not the devs or Harada.

But I feel it.

SarusGray

I literally pre-ordered the day before I started reading these threads and also saw this factlist in a different T7 thread.

Deflating, but I am a nostalgic curmudgeon that misses Tekken. I am at least still hopeful the free DLC roadmap will deliver some exciting news to maintain engagement even if this isn't the "total package" many of us hoped.

It's really not that bad, those bulletpoints are me nitpicking. It's not like SFV at release. Just a fan who had bigger expectations. Also T7 just got a 10 on gamingage.

A lot of people didn't like the way the game threw out classic elements of the series gameplay in favor of a more ubiquitous meter system with EX attacks and supers. Some didn't like the way they stripped down the movesets either. I know I felt that way to an extent, and I can only assume the reviewer did as well.

Sure, different players are going to feel differently about the Third Strike of the Soulcalibur series, but there's good ways to phrase that. (For example, your post! And for what it's worth I have problems with the game too.) It's when you start blathering on about it being a "dumpster fire," and with no real elaboration, that you look more like a jaded forum poster than a serious game critic. There's obviously a massive difference between normal, reasonable criticism and something more like internet forum flaming, and that CGM review leans too much towards the latter.

People should look at the final product but along with that they should also, after seeing why this game is this way, understand what it is and take out their anger on the correct people. People saying that Tekken Team has "lost passion", saying the "devs are lazy" stuff like that's just ridiculous. Overall any negative comments needs to be sent towards Bandai Namco if people want to blame someone. Tekken Team has been doing their best with their conditions given. In most of these situations it's almost never the devs. Overall though it's based on opinion on how you feel towards the product.

I get why people are upset and I understand as I wanted more modes and characters too but it is what it is. What I think is crazy is the blame on devs and Harada as if they could change things even when Harada's had his own comments switched by Bandai themselves. At the end of the day that company's the one not giving them what they need, not giving them enough time and spreading them out so when they come back to Tekken this is what happens. That is on Bandai Namco, just not the devs or Harada.

But I feel it.

Yup, I think we're on the same page.

I think I was just making the point that videogames are both art and a business, and sometimes we try to forgive things because we love the art that we wouldn't forgive if it was just a product. I feel for Tekken Team, they've been stretched thin and on top of that they had to learn a whole new engine and workflow, while also trying to innovate and do something interesting. But the consumer side of me has to look at my $60 and what I get for it. Ultimately I decided that my support for them and my faith in future updates was enough to give them compensation at the full price. So I think people who appreciate games and want to make sure they stay healthy as an artform are sometimes pulled in two directions in this way.

cordy

Banned
Yup, I think we're on the same page.

I think I was just making the point that videogames are both art and a business, and sometimes we try to forgive things because we love the art that we wouldn't forgive if it was just a product. I feel for Tekken Team, they've been stretched thin and on top of that they had to learn a whole new engine and workflow, while also trying to innovate and do something interesting. But the consumer side of me has to look at my $60 and what I get for it. Ultimately I decided that my support for them and my faith in future updates was enough to give them compensation at the full price. So I think people who appreciate games and want to make sure they stay healthy as an artform are sometimes pulled in two directions in this way.

Yeah that team is really going through the ringer. I'm not sure who it was, maybe Murray or Markman, but sometime this year they were defending how hard the dev team works and I can see it. It's just not easy. I think the other portions will come via DLC during this game's run, hence why they got that other budget for DLC, but overall this will be a learning experience for them. We'll see how it continues but needless to say there's a lot that went on in the development of this game that many didn't expect.

I remember when people complained about T6's release with that new engine they talked about in every other interview lol.

Creaking

Sure, different players are going to feel differently about the Third Strike of the Soulcalibur series, but there's good ways to phrase that. (For example, your post! And for what it's worth I have problems with the game too.) It's when you start blathering on about it being a "dumpster fire," and with no real elaboration, that you look more like a jaded forum poster than a serious game critic. There's obviously a massive difference between normal, reasonable criticism and something more like internet forum flaming, and that CGM review leans too much towards the latter.

Yeah, I think the reviewer was disappointed with Tekken 7 and that disappointment dredged up disappointment they had before with SCV, and the two disappointments compounded to make each seem worse, resulting in the venom in the review.

I say this because I remember feeling the same way not too long ago, when the final picture of what Tekken 7 was going to be at launch started to form. I don't think he's jaded, I think he's just a passionate fan that is disappointed with the latest entry of his favorite fighting series.

MrS

Banned
I like how legitimate complaints are boiled down to a faulty one liner of some modes being lost. I guess I should create a bullet point and copy and paste it when this gets brought up.

edit:
- Four less characters than Tekken 6
- Only one more stage than Tekken 6 and six less than Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- Story mode comparable to the "bonus mode" of previous Tekken titles like Tekken Force, Scenario Campaign, Devil Within.
- Treasure Battle Same thing as Ghost Battle in previous games except with modifiers and customization rewards.
- A half-assed version of what Arcade Mode is supposed to be. Only five fights and no character endings.
- Gallery Mode = done before and watching content from previous games isn't new content.
- No substitute for Tekken Tag Tournament's Tekken Tunes. Plus this is PS4 exclusive.
- Customizations =MUCH Less options than Tekken 6. Many shared items across all characters. No separation of legs/pants from feet/shoes.
*bonus* - No Time Attack, Survival, or Team Battle modes.
- Character episodes is literally one fight and an ending that solves absolutely nothing. It's not even an ending actually.
- Long load times on console
- No Replay
- No tutorial system
- No in-game frame data.
- Gameplay is extremely similar to predecessor still. (not a bad thing, why did it take so long to release though)
This is a beautiful summary of the issues. I kind of regret buying it, honestly. Will trade it in for some PSN credit. Lack of modes was a real killer and it will be an insult when they're eventually up for sale as DLC.

jon_dojah

Banned
This is a beautiful summary of the issues. I kind of regret buying it, honestly. Will trade it in for some PSN credit. Lack of modes was a real killer and it will be an insult when they're eventually up for sale as DLC.

Also regret it and wish I could cancel but its already been shipped from Amazon. But at least I only paid $27 for it since my gf gave me a $30 amazon gift code she got from her boss at work. The last 2 Tekken games I returned to Gamestop a few days after purchase were TTT2 and SFxT. Those both left a sour taste in my mouth.

SarusGray

Also regret it and wish I could cancel but its already been shipped from Amazon. But at least I only paid $27 for it since my gf gave me a $30 amazon gift code she got from her boss at work. The last 2 Tekken games I returned to Gamestop a few days after purchase were TTT2 and SFxT. Those both left a sour taste in my mouth.

Sorry that you two feel that way. I posted that just to inform others of the cons since $60+ is a lot for some people. I have the physical and digital versions preordered but totally feel a bit slighted in some aspects of the game and I'm glad its being acknowledged in reviews as well as here on gaf.

I had a blast with all Tekken games and no doubt will have fun with this. But as a long time tekken fan, I'm a bit disappointed to say the least at the newest addition. Know that the game will receive DLC support so don't count it out just yet if you're worried about its single player content or other problems!

bodine1231

Why cant you remap the D-pad? I cant play this game using a xin mo dual adapter. The main menu works fine but when I go to versus I cannot move the box to choose my character. However once I get in game (choose default characters) I can play freely,however the menus dont work when I pause! Its like some menus use analog and some use D-pad.

The DLC is just fighters.

Brandon F

The DLC is just fighters.

New stages also(probably a stage added alongside each guest fighter). Thought its also possible the 'free DLC' roadmap may also include new stages and other features beyond legacy characters(when revealed/discussed). But yea, supposedly only the below is paid content.

i

New stages also(probably a stage added alongside each guest fighter). Thought its also possible the 'free DLC' roadmap may also include new stages and other features beyond legacy characters(when revealed/discussed).

i
Oh, there is game modes. Fuck it, I'll pick it up sometime down the line. I need my Tekken.

cordy

Banned
Remember. That Season Pass is for the paid DLC portion meaning stuff like guest characters, guest stages, new modes and what not. That's not counting any potential free DLC like they did with TTT2 which Harada's mentioned this game is getting. Don't get the 2 mixed up, it's 2 different road maps.

But I feel it.

I know I'm one who has said the team has lost passion and I stand by it looking at what the aesthetics have become (or should I say how they've stagnated?) over the years. I'm talking about the character designs (same ol' art or gaudy trash), the roster (waifus and jrpg stars), srory (character battles lol) and the modes.

Granted, the publisher is to blame CURRENTLY, but maybe we wouldn't be in this mess if the developers invested better in other areas a few releases ago which would have instilled more confidence from the publisher up to now.

That's just my take.

Edit: Let's look at Tekken Tag 2, for instance. It has the right idea with content, but it didn't bring in the players from the last the way it could have and should have. What was it missing? Legacy outfits and modes. It's a fantasy match up. It had no problem making Heihachi old or changing Julia. But why couldn't they bring back younger versions of other characters? Older outfits? Gimmicky PS1-era polygonal models? Big Head mode? Classic stages with the flat backgrounds. Things like this would have sold this game like a M-erF-er. The time wasted customization items could have been used here. Seems trivial, but it would have gone a long way. Similar to the way MK9 brought MK back as a household name. They developed a now genre-defining story mode and didn't waste resources on shitty items and item move hahaha wtf?!

cordy

Banned
I know I'm one who has said the team has lost passion and I stand by it looking at what the aesthetics have become (or should I say how they've stagnated?) over the years. I'm talking about the character designs (same ol' art or gaudy trash), the roster (waifus and jrpg stars), srory (character battles lol) and the modes.

Granted, the publisher is to blame CURRENTLY, but maybe we wouldn't be in this mess if the developers invested better in other areas a few releases ago which would have instilled more confidence from the publisher up to now.

That's just my take.

You can have your opinion. I just think it's bullshit to say they the devs have lost passion simply because you dislike the artstyle and what happens with the story. That's just what they enjoy and think works and they can be just as passionate about that than ever. It's really a difference of what you think looks good and what you think doesn't look good.

lol Time Attack and Survival are literally menu filler. The majority of players spend a grand total of zero minutes playing those. That's why they're gone.

I understand most of you are casual Tekken fans, but trust me when I say there are better ways to spend your time as a solo player.

You can lose hours and hours in treasure battle, unlocking customization items and ranking your character up. When you realize how much more meaningful and fun this is than those boring, outdated modes you won't miss them. I get that Team Battle was a fun, unique multiplayer mode but the others absolutely have no value.

You can have your opinion. I just think it's bullshit to say they the devs have lost passion simply because you dislike the artstyle and what happens with the story. That's just what they enjoy and think works and they can be just as passionate about that than ever. It's really a difference of what you think looks good and what you think doesn't look good.
I've added to my post, but what I'm saying is where's the passion in rehashing the Mishima saga in the seventh chapter and shitting all over the rest of the cast? Where's the passion to actually make it all work? You know how long I've passionately developed Tekken stories in my head and spare time? Do you know I've actually reached out to Harada to work for the story writing team? I'm sorry, I just don't see the passion.
lol Time Attack and Survival are literally menu filler. The majority of players spend a grand total of zero minutes playing those. That's why they're gone.

I understand most of you are casual Tekken fans, but trust me when I say there are better ways to spend your time as a solo player.

You can lose hours and hours in treasure battle, unlocking customization items and ranking your character up. When you realize how much more meaningful and fun this is than those boring, outdated modes you won't miss them. I get that Team Battle was a fun, unique multiplayer mode but the others absolutely have no value.
I'd actually prefer not to stare at customizations for hours on end. I used to love random team battling in Tekken and SoulCalibur. It was like the royal rumble in my head "who's fighting next? BAH GAWD, IT'S GANRYU! WITH FULL HEALTH! HOW WILL BAEK STOP HIM?"

cordy

Banned
I've added to my post, but what I'm saying is where's the passion in rehashing the Mishima saga in the seventh chapter and shitting all over the rest of the cast? Where's the passion to actually make it all work? You know how long I've passionately developed Tekken stories in my head and spare time? Do you know I've actually reached out to Harada to work for the story writing team? I'm sorry, I just don't see the passion.
Your idea of passion isn't the same idea of passion as they have. You think just because they didn't do much with the rest of the cast means they're not passionate and that's not true. That means they just didn't do anything with the rest of the cast. You can literally work on something for 5 minutes and have more passion than someone who works on something for 20 hours who hates what he's working on. They're doing the Mishima Saga to close that book since that feud is what Tekken's based around. It's not based around all the characters, it's based around the Mishimas.

I think you think that having a lot of ideas always means you show passion when really that's not the case because the difference between you and them is that they do a lot more than think of ideas for characters. They develop the game, work on engines, make the gameplay great, make sure designs work well and then there's thinking of ideas. Overall I say you can have ideas and but man it's more than that.

I like how legitimate complaints are boiled down to a faulty one liner of some modes being lost. I guess I should create a bullet point and copy and paste it when this gets brought up.

edit:
- Story mode comparable to the "bonus mode" of previous Tekken titles like Tekken Force, Scenario Campaign, Devil Within.
- Treasure Battle Same thing as Ghost Battle in previous games except with modifiers and customization rewards.
- A half-assed version of what Arcade Mode is supposed to be. Only five fights and no character endings.
- Gallery Mode = done before and watching content from previous games isn't new content.
- No substitute for Tekken Tag Tournament's Tekken Tunes. Plus this is PS4 exclusive.
- Customizations =MUCH Less options than Tekken 6. Many shared items across all characters. No separation of legs/pants from feet/shoes.
- Character episodes is literally one fight and an ending that solves absolutely nothing. It's not even an ending actually.
- No Replay
- No tutorial system
- No in-game frame data.
- Gameplay is extremely similar to predecessor still. (not a bad thing, why did it take so long to release though)

Thanks for this. Skipping it.

Also "best gameplay in the series!!!" yea that worked out so well for SFV. Will stick to Rev 2 + IJ2.

edit:
- No Replay
- No tutorial system
- No in-game frame data.

Not disputing all the points here, but generally, checklist opinions is why we can't have nice things.

Every thing doesn't need to contain everything.

Tekken 7 releases with extremely balanced, field-tested Vs. gameplay. I'll take that over most of the fluff in your list.

Eurogamer has their review up now - No Score.

Apparently an underwhelming package, despite the great gameplay.

Not sure I'd completely agree, as it seems to have plenty of modes and extra's, plus the excellent fighting mechanics more than make up for any of the missing mini games, which lets face it, where never all that good (except maybe Tekken Tag's Bowling and Tekken 3's Beach Ball mode)

Shredderi

edit:
- No Replay
- No tutorial system
- No in-game frame data.

Hmm there are a few kind of biggies in there for me so I'm glad I held off for now.

pelican

Eurogamer seem to have managed to publish a review without even managing to comment on the online experience.

Well, that is useful.

pelican

Eurogamer has their review up now - No Score.

Apparently an underwhelming package, despite the great gameplay.

Not sure I'd completely agree, as it seems to have plenty of modes and extra's, plus the excellent fighting mechanics more than make up for any of the missing mini games, which lets face it, where never all that good (except maybe Tekken Tag's Bowling and Tekken 3's Beach Ball mode)

Not a great review. Concentrating more on the SP than the important MP mechanics and experience.

There was a time not long ago that we were allowed to have both.
I'm not disputing the value of 'both'.

I'm saying 'just' having extremely solid gameplay but not all of the fluff doesn't mean the game isn't worth buying or is somehow lazy/developed without passion/etc.

Creaking

I'm not disputing the value of 'both'.

I'm saying 'just' having extremely solid gameplay but not all of the fluff doesn't mean the game isn't worth buying or is somehow lazy/developed without passion/etc.

Okay, so if having just the balanced gameplay is all those things, then what do we call having both solid gameplay and a lot of content?

Super not lazy? Extra passionate?

Not a great review. Concentrating more on the SP than the important MP mechanics and experience.

Yeah after reading it, I'm thinking the same thing. SP is a nice bonus and has the basics covered, plus a story mode but when the gameplay and MP is rock solid, the review seems to forgot about all the great stuff, just to mark it down for the SP game.

Creaking

Yeah after reading it, I'm thinking the same thing. SP is a nice bonus and has the basics covered, plus a story mode but when the gameplay and MP is rock solid, the review seems to forgot about all the great stuff, just to mark it down for the SP game.

I don't know if you've been reading the thread, but that stuff matters to a lot of people, and I'm sure they appreciate knowing that the game lacks it.

I don't know if you've been reading the thread, but that stuff matters to a lot of people, and I'm sure they appreciate knowing that the game lacks it.

I mean, I know it matters to some, I enjoy SP too but with what's in Tekken 7, I don't feel disappointed with it at all. It has an Arcade Mode and a story mode, even if it's not as good as Injustice 2's Story Mode, it still seems to be better than SF5's Story Mode and it has a decent amount of customisation options to unlock and keep people busy with.

But MP is really where it's at for fighting games, as that has the most replay value and competing to be the best against friends locally or against randoms over the net is great fun and addictive.

Brandon F

I mean, I know it matters to some, I enjoy SP too but with what's in Tekken 7, I don't feel disappointed with it at all. It has an Arcade Mode and a story mode, even if it's not as good as Injustice 2's Story Mode, it still seems to be better than SF5's Story Mode and it has a decent amount of customisation options to unlock and keep people busy with.

But MP is really where it's at for fighting games, as that has the most replay value and competing to be the best against friends locally or against randoms over the net is great fun and addictive.

Give it time to see how reactions and hindsight play out beyond first impressions of a single night of play. My experience after the first two hours of offline play...

-Arcade mode suffers from a lack of goofball endings making the mode feel extremely anemic and a bit pointless. One and done for me.
-Treasure battle makes for a conceptually fulfilling amalgamation of survival and ghost battle with occasional twists. However I keep running into the same AI opponents, sometimes literally back-back, which is making me question just how many unique ghosts are formally on tap to keep the variety in check?
-Gear rewards and customization feels lackluster. Too many global items making diversity feel rigid in customization, but there is hope with the free dlc roadmap to greatly improve this. It is still a nice incentive for solo play and some may prefer a more homogenous loadout.
-Story mode is great so far as a longtime fan that just enjoys seeing these warring Mishima's continue to do stupid stuff to each other. Though not much replay incentive exists and the character episodes are very lacking.

Whatever is announced for both the free and premium DLC roadmaps will greatly impact many perceptions beyond the honeymoon period. Right now it's ok, but not great to me.

Oh and MP is having severe connection and sync issues on ps4. Day 1 though, so hopefully it shakes out.

Okay, so if having just the balanced gameplay is all those things, then what do we call having both solid gameplay and a lot of content?

Not sure what you're trying to get at here.

You're responding to my post stating that a game not having fluff can still be very worthwhile. I'm not disputing the value of added content.

Lol.

Dialing in JUST the gameplay is something that should come with the the job description of being a game designer, no? This is what we've come to expect from them. However, vanilla Tekken 7 was JUST a gameplay update and that shit was terrible. Turns out, you need to update looks and features too.

So they did that which is nice for an arcade release. But they themselves and NRS as of late have set a console release standard, and that is very obviously lacking with Tekken 7's release. They spent all their resources aping MK's thing with less of the characters involved and then gave up trying to compete with the character side stories. It's embarassing and the YouTube comments aren't pretty either.

"But it plays well, that's all that matters". Not when no one else wants to play or learn to play...

Luigiv

To be fair, that's legitimately how things were in the arcade version, so at least it's accurate to it's namesake (but yeah, it was just as bullshit in the arcade too).

Give it time to see how reactions and hindsight play out beyond first impressions of a single night of play. My experience after the first two hours of offline play...

-Arcade mode suffers from a lack of goofball endings making the mode feel extremely anemic and a bit pointless. One and done for me.
-Treasure battle makes for a conceptually fulfilling amalgamation of survival and ghost battle with occasional twists. However I keep running into the same AI opponents, sometimes literally back-back, which is making me question just how many unique ghosts are formally on tap to keep the variety in check?
-Gear rewards and customization feels lackluster. Too many global items making diversity feel rigid in customization, but there is hope with the free dlc roadmap to greatly improve this. It is still a nice incentive for solo play and some may prefer a more homogenous loadout.
-Story mode is great so far as a longtime fan that just enjoys seeing these warring Mishima's continue to do stupid stuff to each other. Though not much replay incentive exists and the character episodes are very lacking.

Whatever is announced for both the free and premium DLC roadmaps will greatly impact many perceptions beyond the honeymoon period. Right now it's ok, but not great to me.

Oh and MP is having severe connection and sync issues on ps4. Day 1 though, so hopefully it shakes out.

I guess it depends what some people will expect / want from a game. I mean I spent months and months playing the older Tekken games (1-3) and they are basically bare bones compared to today's fighters but when the gameplay is insanely addictive like Tekken is, I could happily play Arcade mode on hardest difficulty all day long, when I'm not playing against friends or online.

The missing Arcade endings, while it's a shame they aren't there, it's not a deal breaker because after seeing them once, you never need to watch them again anyway and Story mode is there to cover that. Maybe they will add the silly ending movies to Arcade mode as DLC in the future though.

Maybe I'm just easily pleased, the extra stuff is a nice bonus but I don't need a bunch of extra stuff to keep me playing when the main gamplay / fighting mechanic is so good.

OSHAN

Maybe I'm just easily pleased, the extra stuff is a nice bonus but I don't need a bunch of extra stuff to keep me playing when the main gamplay / fighting mechanic is so good.

You're easily pleased.:) If this came out two years ago it would be one thing, but even FR was a year ago. I guess I was expecting this release to be overflowing with Tekken nonsense and customizable items and characters and team battle.

I think the reviews are fair. No one denies the gameplay isn't excellent--it's been excellent for years; it is the lack of extra stuff that's a real bummer, especially since it took so long to get to consoles.

Top Bottom