• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 will be out in Japanese Arcades on Feb 18th

Taken from the Super Nova Fukushima twitter. They mentioned that they're receiving the game and will be making it available for people to play on February 18 which is less then a month from now. Super Nova Fukushima is an arcade that will receive the game the fastest apparently.

This release of the game is being considered a 'pre-launch' version by Harada and the full 'launch' version of the game is expected to be out in March.

Tweet:

https://twitter.com/novafukushima/status/559272973899554816

「鉄拳7」2/18入荷決定‼ 福島県内最速での入荷になります。 いち早く「鉄拳7」をプレイしたいなら、スーパーノバ福島店へ

b8lvzj6cqaek2kjb2ufu.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
is it just me or it's looking exactly the same as Tekken 6?
Lighting, model fidelity, environment complexity etc. is a considerable step up, but yeah the art style is pretty much the same and still the biggest problem graphically.

Lighting, model fidelity, environment complexity etc. is a considerable step up, but yeah the art style is pretty much the same and still the biggest problem graphically.

I guess this is why the game looks the same to me. As someone who doesn't play the game and just watches it occasionally the style and movement of the game looks the very similar. Even if SF5 doesn't look that impressive to you, it looks like a new game. Tekken 7 looks like Tekken 6 with settings cranked up to maximum where as Tekken 6 was low-mid settings.

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to seeing some new footage of the game.

It should be interesting to see how many characters the pre-launch version will have, and if there will be any new returning characters by then. I wonder if Shaheen's going to be ready for the pre-launch version? I really want to see what his fighting style is.

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to seeing some new footage of the game.

It should be interesting to see how many characters the pre-launch version will have, and if there will be any new returning characters by then. I wonder if Shaheen's going to be ready for the pre-launch version? I really want to see what his fighting style is.

It's pretty likely Shaheen will be in I think. Tekken Crash Returns is happening on Jan 28th in Korea and Saint is entered in it with his character choice being 'arab' (Shaheen)

It's pretty likely Shaheen will be in I think. Tekken Crash Returns is happening on Jan 28th in Korea and Saint is entered in it with his character choice being 'arab' (Shaheen)
Nice! I hope that they'll post a trailer featuring him soon then. I had no idea Tekken Crash was happening on the 28th. Guess I'm still kinda out of the loop when it comes to Tekken. I gotta start checking Tekken news sources more often. Thanks for the info!

I hope they make it like the traditional Tekkens with story trinkets for each character and such. I missed the PS2 generation of Tekken so 6 was kind of disappointing to come back to on that front. Ideally I'd love to unlock the characters the traditional way as well, but I understand that's a big controversial in this day and age.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
is it just me or it's looking exactly the same as Tekken 6?

It does appear to use a lot of the same character assets, with some slight tweaks. Mostly the same costumes and animations will add to that samey feel.

Hoping for a couple character reveals for the launch, or before.

Has this been announced for any platforms specifically? I want to assume it's multiplat(including PC), but with SFV console exclusive anything can happen.

Degen

so close to arcade release and we still haven't seen jin...
RIP Jin the "John Cena" of Tekken
RIP Nina/Anna and don't worry because chain throws are under control
RIP Marduk and thanks for that f+2 string

all the threats have been eliminated

#JaguarZaibatsu #JaguarCorporation

AAK

Probably the funnest thing about Fighting Games is discovery. That discovery period and the sense of conquering the unknown is where a good deal of the enjoyment comes from.

By the time we get to play this most of the things will already have been figured out and the mysteries will all have been solved.

But ah well, it's the struggle of being a Tekken fan in N.A.

I can only hope to the heavens Tekken 7 will have as many variables and complexity as Tekken Tag 2 still leaving plenty of room for more discovery when we eventually get our hands on it in around a years time. But from the direction we're seeing it go I'd only be setting myself up for a disappointment to be honest.

Son Of D

so close to arcade release and we still haven't seen jin...

Very crazy thought, he'll be a character added to the updated version which will be the basis for the console version. Tekken 7: Mishima Legacy or whatever they call it.

Top Bottom