• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Geeze, I think I've already found a horribly unbalanced match up. The Nina versus Lucky Chloe is so bad for Nina.

Otherwise, I like what they did with her. Damage is pretty high, and her juggles remain very easy to start.

Pachimari

So starting up the PC version, it asks me to select the region I'm from but I can only choose Japan. Do anyone know what's up with that? Can I change my region in the game's settings of will I have to reinstall the game again?

CSX

Drag's running 2s and ws4 followups get trickier to do with lag i notice. That or my way of doing those moves is totally not right

GrayFoxPL

WHAT DID THOSE FUCKING IDIOTS DID?!

Legacy controlledr detected and IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK!!!!!!!

3 YEARS OF WAITING AND I CANNOT PLAY THIS FUCKING GAME!!!!

I'm crying here, really crying.

This is logitech pad works with every fighting game on PS4. Everyone. But here they fucked up even that. I'm destroyed, I'm crushed.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Geeze, I think I've already found a horribly unbalanced match up. The Nina versus Lucky Chloe is so bad for Nina.

Otherwise, I like what they did with her. Damage is pretty high, and her juggles remain very easy to start.

I struggle to believe this, LC is almost certainly the worst character in the entire game. you just need to learn how to fight against her.

I mean, this is Tekken, where tiers don't really matter, but still.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Xrd literally has less than half the input lag of Tekken 7.

Xrd has moves with 1/3rd the startup of Tekken 7..

It's far easier to whiff punish in Tekken than in Streetfighter, regardless of the deliberate input lag, as moves are a lot slower, and have a LOT more recovery time.

ibrahima

Banned

This is logitech pad works with every fighting game on PS4. Everyone. But here they fucked up even that. I'm destroyed, I'm crushed.

Harada stated a few weeks ago that they're only supporting PS3 usb devices for legacy support. Sorry to hear you're put out by it man but they did state it when they confirmed legacy support.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/862493632586170368

Presumably this is done based on the USB vendor and device IDs to ensure only devices that they reliably know to work are accepted, but since this probably works by white listing certain devices there's bound to be a large number of PC pads and sticks that won't work.

Mantrox

Played for a bit last night, on and offline.
I was thinking of playing Jack but i really like Josie.

One of her BnB's from a video posted before seems to be df+2 f+3 3,3 f+2,3,4

When i get near a wall, the last part (f+2,3,4) whiffs. What variant can i use to cotinue the combo near a wall?

AAK

Am I missing something or is it impossible to reset positions in practice mode at the wall? That's pretty glaring omission from TTT2.

Maybe you can try getting a PS3-PS4 converter. That may be your only option.

I struggle to believe this, LC is almost certainly the worst character in the entire game. you just need to learn how to fight against her.

I mean, this is Tekken, where tiers don't really matter, but still.
I guess I just need to learn how to deal with the endless string of lows and mids. I've been used to a certain kind of capo movement, but this is new, so it's just up to learning.

Doomshine

Am I missing something or is it impossible to reset positions in practice mode at the wall? That's pretty glaring omission from TTT2.

From what I've seen it seems to have everything that was in TTT2, including that. Aris definitely did it.

Jer

The in-game command list has good beginner combos. They're listed right at the end and you can display them on screen in practice mode.

You can find most optimal combos here: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=263

Nice to hear there's combos listed in the command list. I am wondering if there's any better resource than TZ forums for just listing text based B&B combos. TZ is kind of disorganized and out of date, some first posts are like years old. Anywhere where you can just see a list without having to watch videos?

On a side note, I really miss TZ being active and a centralized source of knowledge, everything seems so much more scattered now.

Onemic

A brook converter would do the trick if your controller isnt working.

It's a PS3 pad right?

Lars is -very- beginner friendly. Steve is pretty complex and unusual, indeed.

But use the character you like. Liking your character will keep you motivated.

Thank you!
I have a question for the more experienced players: how many characters do you know how to use? And how many combos do you learn with them?

I'm curious about this, because I don't see myself being able to remember more than, like, 3 combos for a single character.

PhineBuyM3

Game just arrived and still waiting on the PS4
mjcry1.png

Thank you!
I have a question for the more experienced players: how many characters do you know how to use? And how many combos do you learn with them?

I'm curious about this, because I don't see myself being able to remember more than, like, 3 combos for a single character.

It varies per person. Some people play the whole cast.

In general i think the longer you play, the more characters you at least take a cursory glance at. If only to help with the matchup. And Tekken is a game where fundamentals transcend character choice.

At the start though... I'd advise to learn one character. Learning two at once is too hard. After a bit, stick to 1-3 mains and sub whoever many your brain can deal with.

As to the 'amount of combos'? Don't worry about that. Several different launchers can go into generally the same thing, and then you adjust for the wall and positioning.. In the end it's more about knowing what works rather than blindly memorizing X inputs and Y variants. You have one or two combos that are optimal or at least consistent for you, and then some adjustments and exceptions.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Question about T7 customization:

How do I make the colors more saturated when using the TTT2 style color picker? They have some very saturated colors for the color swatches, but TTT2 style everything is muted/pastel. I'm trying to make Violet's coat a nice, deep bluish purple, but it always looks practically grey. This is driving me up the wall.

It varies per person. Some people play the whole cast.

In general i think the longer you play, the more characters you at least take a cursory glance at. If only to help with the matchup. And Tekken is a game where fundamentals transcend character choice.

At the start though... I'd advise to learn one character. Learning two at once is too hard. After a bit, stick to 1-3 mains and sub whoever many your brain can deal with.

As to the 'amount of combos'? Don't worry about that. Several different launchers can go into generally the same thing, and then you adjust for the wall and positioning.. In the end it's more about knowing what works rather than blindly memorizing X inputs and Y variants. You have one or two combos that are optimal or at least consistent for you, and then some adjustments and exceptions.
Thanks.
I tried Steve Fox sample combos and I'm already stuck on number 2...the part with back,punch,down,punch it's a problem apparently

sasuke_91

Thanks.
I tried Steve Fox sample combos and I'm already stuck on number 2...the part with back,punch,down,punch it's a problem apparently
Give yourself some time with Steve. You will get the inputs down at some point. At the start you should concentrate on remembering some of his moves and how to use them properly. Combos aren't that important at the beginning.

LowParry

Hey sasuke_91 how's Ling treating ya? Seeing her do things is one thing, but pulling off the big damager is another thing. I think it throws people off online though a PC community is probably really new to all of this.

sasuke_91

Hey sasuke_91 how's Ling treating ya? Seeing her do things is one thing, but pulling off the big damager is another thing. I think it throws people off online though a PC community is probably really new to all of this.
My younger brother hates my Ling. I streamed a few matches earlier. I'll share the stream once it appears on my twitch channel.
Ling is really really good. Coming from TTT2 where you had to work so hard to get decent damage off of her it does feel kinda weird xD

MightyKAC

Always. I'm loving I don't have to babysit the lobby anymore.

Is CSX going to run a train on everybody

Thanks for the invite Kadey!!

Not sure how good my matches are gonna be from all the way over here I Japan tho.

I'll try out just to test it out.

Edit: Yep about as trash as I figured it would be.

Dereck

I have many thoughts about Tekken 7 that need more time to develop, what I'll share though is my thoughts on Ranked Matches.

I think that the idea of ranking up the entire roster to a rank that you've achieved in ranked, makes demotion matches a little less heartbreaking and less of an ordeal. In a way this influences me to be more patient, as to where if the character I was playing Ranked with was the only person at that certain rank (highest rank among the roster), I would be more prone to getting antsy and throwing out random hopkicks and rage arts.

I still do that, but what I realized earlier tonight is that I'm playing a fighting game, and that I'm fighting another opponent. What this signifies to me is that it's not all about me. As far as attacking is concerned, sometimes playing defense is as simple as holding back. I lost twice in a row to a player in Ranked and we were the same rank. During these matches, instead of just holding back and then punishing after, I hopkicked instead, and got jab floated into a juggle.

Whenever I did this, the person I was fighting against actually threw out an unsafe mid string that I could have just blocked and then punished. I admire the mental fortitude required to wait and see what the opponent is going to do and not, I'm too afraid to see what the opponent might do, so to escape this fear as quickly as possible, I'm going to do a hopkick, because then I wouldn't have to face this fear head on. You see it in tournaments, one person is standing and blocking, waiting to see what happens (while anticipating). If that person waits, instead of throwing out a mid that might get interrupted, sometimes the person that is blocking and waiting will win in the end due to his/her patience.

I like the idea of revenge match. It's a very human aspect. Like it works for either participant. I revenge match-ed twice after I lost a promotion match, I was willing to revenge match to the point where I didn't care if I got demoted, I just wanted to see if I could improve my gameplay.

Only doing Ranked Matches with one character has made me confront the question of what strategy do I use to open up my opponent. A lot of what I was doing was whiffing d/f+1, because I was too scared to get in my opponents face. Maybe they'll hopkick me if I dash forward is what I was thinking. I was also thinking that I can't allow myself to backdash forever, at some point...I'm going to have to attack. That's the point, if I'm not attacking, why am I playing this game.

The fear of playing straight-forward defense is very real, sometimes I might be better off by just blocking instead of trying to mash my way out of a situation that hasn't happened yet.

PhineBuyM3

Punk ass amazon delaying my shit so I fired the game up on my lil bro's PS4 and his big ass HDTV, shit felt like I was on a 3 bar connection while in practice mode
gucci3.png

Pulled out my off brand 32 inch I bought a while back and it feels like T6 with the motion blur off
ehh3.png

The PS2 adapter works, but it turns off by itself every 8 minutes.

Just messed around with the characters

Yoshi- Finally after a decade of hoping, ya boy can transition between dragonfly, flea, and indian. I wish his f,n,df +2 was b1+2 instead.

Feng- No complaints with how he plays, but in the customization menu I can't turn the red pants leg on his T5 costume completely black, shit's driving me crazy
mindblown.png

Master Raven- Tweaks made to Raven's moveset still didn't justify giving it to a new character. I like the Haze mixup possibilities out of 1,2.

Katarina- Just walked back and forth with her
JgsPS.png

But for real, her moveset is aight so far, but I'm really just picking her up because of the lack of the Zaf, Kuni and the Changs.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmmm. I'm not sure how I feel at the moment. Been trying to get with Lee, but it's been super rough. For a while I wasn't sure if there was input lag with my setup, or if I was hesitating too much, but the game felt really sluggish. Switched to Dragunov, and oh God is this game easier to play. Lee felt way better in T6 and TTT2 even when I sucked so bad. His combos somehow got even harder if you want good damage, sacrificing multiple b2~fNs with multiple b2~fN back-sway WS23s. I feel he's way harder to open people up this version for some reason... Probably just me, I'll keep practicing with him to smooth him out a bit.

I like his HMS~3 way more than b3+4. It does like twice the damage. I like it.

Also, holy hell the matchmaking! So many 'could not connects'.

CSX

I need to learn King's strings. Dragon is just clowning me around. i imagine most of it outside of the running shoulder can be jabbed out of and is that SS move a high?

Looking for some sparring partners on PC, so add me guys, literally anyone, regardless of skill level. T7 is my first fighting game ever so I'm just trying to get better.

Adding you. Steam ID = CSX142857

My PSN is also CSX142857. Open invite to anyone here at Tekken GAF on both Steam and PSN. Just tell me who you are beforehand so i don't think you're a random person

Top Bottom