• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Nirran

Guild up yet on Dragonfall?

And that is nuts. There wasn't a queue for Dragonfall when I got on. Guess pvp servers are getting hammered more. Almost level 12 so far on a priest.

Queues on VoT
Basilisk Crag
Jagged Coast

Everything else is fine.

Medium population for Dragonfall though. so we are almost there to queueing that up

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Trying to remap my buttons.

How necessary are the combat explains? I usually use Q and E for other stuff.

Trying to remap my buttons.

How necessary are the combat explains? I usually use Q and E for other stuff.

E is pretty useless but Q can be useful for calling out certain players and monsters. You can always move the Q (marking) command to another less important key though.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
If you are on VoT, we won't mind having you practice with us. Also, right outside of Secret Base, the first real dungeon you do, are your first BAMs, who are relatively tame and straightforward. You can practice reading the telegraphs on them and get an idea of how it works as a Lancer. My own experience in the dungeons (when not severely underleveled and undermanned) was that tanking was far more crucial on the bosses, and much less so on the trash in between. Groups of monsters to be peeled off usually number between two and three (with sometimes a ton of little minions thrown in), so things are easily manageable without the Lancer doing anything fancy. If anything, the role of the Lancer in that case would be to gather multiple groups together to be all killed at once (and that definitely takes some practice to do right).

Awesome Super helpful stuff :D

thanks!

Desaan

I still can't believe there is no allowance or slot holding for crashes/disconnects. Apparently this feature is not worthy of being in a modern MMO. Such a simple feature ignored.

Carl2282

I still can't believe there is no allowance or slot holding for crashes/disconnects. Apparently this feature is not worthy of being in a modern MMO. Such a simple feature ignored.

was that you that was logged on too? I think my internets hiccuped and boom, 80 minute VoT queue

ultron87

Got to level 9 on my Archer. Seems enjoyable. Do the mobs ever get more interesting to fight or am I playing the wrong class for that?

I'll have to join the GAF guild next time I log on because I can't deal with area chat as my only means of human communication this game.

Ryuuga

Banned
So I haven't been able to play at all since the servers have gone up, opted to re-download and see what happens from this point onwards, not impressed.

KePoW

Banned
time to kill the servers again

iGFC1KYa5H5wE.gif

Holy crap that's awesome!

For people that already made their characters but might want to use some of the new hair colors or change their current style:

Brian Knox said:
We worked hard to get these hair changes in but we just couldn't get them before the early character creation.

We have an idea to help those of you in need of a change. Details are coming soon (like today soon).

Got to level 9 on my Archer. Seems enjoyable. Do the mobs ever get more interesting to fight or am I playing the wrong class for that?

I'll have to join the GAF guild next time I log on because I can't deal with area chat as my only means of human communication this game.

Archer can be pretty boring in PVE, especially until much later levels. Mobs get much more interesting 20+. Island of Dawn is just a simple tutorial zone with trash mobs.

You can customize area chat and cut off all the troll channels. I would definitely recommend making a Guild/Party/Whisper only channel.

Haly

Questions:

1) Why is my skill bar locked?
2) How do I reduce downtime in between mobs? Passive regeneration is slow as fuck.

EDIT: I was wondering why I started at level 20, this makes sense.

Queues on VoT
Basilisk Crag
Jagged Coast

Everything else is fine.

Medium population for Dragonfall though. so we are almost there to queueing that up

I should've rolled on Dragonfall and played with gaf. Hopefully I can transfer over at some point from jagged coast.

45 min queue wait for that server btw

Looks like server transfers and character redesigns will be added as a premium service soon:

@TERAonline said:
We will be introducing premium services such as server transfers and character recustomization in the near future.

I should've rolled on Dragonfall and played with gaf. Hopefully I can transfer over at some point from jagged coast.

45 min queue wait for that server btw

They said they had extra servers ready and at this point they should probably go ahead and add at least one or two additional PVP servers. All three are getting hammered.

Jackl

Zerker ruined me.

I can't do warrior. I simply can't. I understand they're good endgame, but right now I can't suffer working so hard to kill a mob a nongeared, nonbuffed zerker could two shot.

jiien

Been in the queue for 70 minutes
25 minutes left
with over an hour of bonus exp

can't wait to play ;3

You're home and ready to play? Sweet. I have 40 minutes to go :(

I'm the only one online on VoT GAF, someone else was briefly on but disappeared again.

Yeah, the server went down briefly, so I used the opportunity to do some errands. What a mistake, because I started at like 1900 in the queue.

You're home and ready to play? Sweet. I have 40 minutes to go :(

Yeah, the server went down briefly, so I used the opportunity to do some errands. What a mistake, because I started at like 1900 in the queue.

43 minutes. lol. idk why i keep closing it lol.

Just bought the game. I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm literally drowning myself in MMOs at the moment.

Oh well, downloading now.

I hope you like it!
Come to VoT PVP if you don't mind a few longer queues over the next few days (the rush will die down before long)
we're looking for new members in GAF guild!

Paprikka

Curses at the queue, guess I have an hour and a half to kill.

Quick question, is there any restrictions on the mail system? I want to redo my priest since I wasn't able to spend much time with the character customization, so I was going to make a quick alt and just mail everything to her, then remake my priest and mail it back. Will this work, or do you have to be a certain level or something to receive mail?

jiien

I hope you like it!
Come to VoT PVP if you don't mind a few longer queues over the next few days (the rush will die down before long)
we're looking for new members in GAF guild!

And BlazingDarkness promises to type in chat in an cockney accent if you join us. At all times. He never breaks character. "OI WATS AWL THIS THEN?"

Curses at the queue, guess I have an hour and a half to kill.

Quick question, is there any restrictions on the mail system? I want to redo my priest since I wasn't able to spend much time with the character customization, so I was going to make a quick alt and just mail everything to her, then remake my priest and mail it back. Will this work, or do you have to be a certain level or something to receive mail?

They share a bank. So throw everything in. I mean, I -think- they do. Maybe another alt to confirm. You can skip the prologue and run straight to the tower base in no time at all.

Haly

Can I get an invite on VoT?

Name is Riviera.

2San

I would recommend sorc over archer but that's just me.
Yep, same here. It's harder to actually to land your attacks, but when they do it gets pretty magical.

Not to mention it has teleport jaunt which you can glyph to get a chance to reset it. So you can pretty much catch anyone who's running away.

Top Bottom