• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 |OT| All Hail the Gooch

Uthred

The compensation is nice, but gutting their own achievement system and announcing a slower content roll out doesnt fill one with hope.

Falk

that puzzling face
thread hasn't even been shuffled to community yet...

edit:

■Regarding the update notice timing
We have discovered that the post time of the above
notice listed in the News section does not accurately
reflect the actual time that the notice was posted.
According to the displayed time, the notice was posted
earlier than it actually was. We apologize for any
confusion that this issue may have caused.

Regardless of the situation for some reason this paragraph cracks me up.

Quonny

I still check up on this thread because I really want it to turn around. Was tempted to reinstall.

Not anymore.

What a shitshow.

Rixa

2 Years went really fast.

At the same time, we will provide players
with the completion reward from every achievement in
the game, regardless of whether they have previously
completed each achievement or not."

So this should include the 730 day login achievement bonus ;)

Staab

So this should include the 730 day login achievement bonus ;)
I'm guessing that's part of the 90energy?
Otherwise we're going to get like.. 200..easy

But again I'm asking myself WTF are they doing.
I'm baffled by the announcement that they don't have at least 20 chapters ready to launch.
Like the game is barebones as can be, what were they doing all this time??!

They even had a really solid foundation to work with, it's not a competely new game!

I'm trying hard to like it but I'm already barely logging in...

I'm guessing that's part of the 90energy?
Otherwise we're going to get like.. 200..easy

But again I'm asking myself WTF are they doing.
I'm baffled by the announcement that they don't have at least 20 chapters ready to launch.
Like the game is barebones as can be, what were they doing all this time??!

They even had a really solid foundation to work with, it's not a competely new game!

I'm trying hard to like it but I'm already barely logging in...

Regardless of what they were doing, you'd think after how many people dropped the first game after 3-4 weeks, they would have sat down and said "ok, rule #1. we aren't launching without some fucking content to keep players occupied"

Doctor_No

The 90 Energy compensation is really nice, but I'm really hoping they can recover from this.

Personally, I think nerfing Leviathan was a terrible move at this stage of the game. It was a nice hook for a lot of F2P players, and without content, running Metal Zone was at least something to do where you felt progression. Sine the nerf, this tedious game has become even more tedious.

Fundamentally, as someone who whales games, the biggest let down is the gatcha system. Its very unsatisfying, as the best equipment too are hidden behind gatcha, that require a ton of investment to unlock, rather than something you achieve in-game by playing. This is compounded by the fact you need multiple instances of the same rare equipment to unleash them. Furthermore their Unity rewards/trust masters aren't as great as the amount of time and grinding necessary to achieve them (ultimately the best equipment will still be from the gacha).

The entirety of progression in this game is reliant upon an undiplomatic gacha, hence a great F2P unit like Leviathan would have been a good way to keep players interested. Nerf after nerf of units isn't a good way to start, I'm scared that this game won't survive to the point where the re-balancing will actually make a difference.

Pejo

Gold Member
The 90 Energy compensation is really nice, but I'm really hoping they can recover from this.

Personally, I think nerfing Leviathan was a terrible move at this stage of the game. It was a nice hook for a lot of F2P players, and without content, running Metal Zone was at least something to do where you felt progression. Sine the nerf, this tedious game has become even more tedious.

Fundamentally, as someone who whales games, the biggest let down is the gatcha system. Its very unsatisfying, as the best equipment too are hidden behind gatcha, that require a ton of investment to unlock, rather than something you achieve in-game by playing. This is compounded by the fact you need multiple instances of the same rare equipment to unleash them. Furthermore their Unity rewards/trust masters aren't as great as the amount of time and grinding necessary to achieve them (ultimately the best equipment will still be from the gacha).

The entirety of progression in this game is reliant upon an undiplomatic gacha, hence a great F2P unit like Leviathan would have been a good way to keep players interested. Nerf after nerf of units isn't a good way to start, I'm scared that this game won't survive to the point where the re-balancing will actually make a difference.

Agree with all of this. I was enjoying the gameplay more than TB1 after they fixed the map movement stuff in Story Mode, but the gacha is terrible in that the rare characters are flashy but offer almost nothing over recoded B/A characters. Then, the weapon gacha is boring but necessary, making me not want to pull on it because it's just a stupid stat stick, but need to if I want to see any sort of actual damage growth in the game.

I feel like they should have just made the gacha for characters and let weapons come from gameplay and events, like so many gachas before it. Then they could give the characters some actual value.

The recoded Z guardians are way better than recoded A/B guardians, the problem is just that that's not made abundantly clear. Actually that's not the only problem, the other problem is just that "better" is not enough. The reason recoded Z's are way better than recoded A/B's is that the Z guardian's abilities have way stronger damage multipliers, better range, and in general more useful abilities. Then of course there's the Union Rewards from Z units, which although they will take forever to unlock, I'm assuming are REALLY good.

But the problem is none of this is something you can see unless you're counting damage bubbles. They're better, but the betterness doesn't stand out. Z units should have something fundamentally different about them. For exampel, maybe Z units you can recode RNA + DNA at the same time. Or maybe after you max RNA a Z unit you can do an evolution or something, where at the end of the evolution you get a click ability on your Z unit that gives a party wide buff or enemy debuff.

I personally think the weapon / guardian system is ok in principle, and I like that there are multiple ways to get more powerful besides just levelling up a guardian, but I think they dropped the ball on the details.

Uthred

The weapon system is particularly disheartening when you finally hit the 1% chance for a Z weapon and then realise you need another three. They should add some kind of hard to get currency/object that lets you limit break weapons.

Nikokuno

Balancing Leviathan was necessary. I'm more than okay with Z rank unit not being Uber tier unit, but I can understand if you're a whale, that you want to have the best unit and show it (which is hard to understand to start with). At least I don't feel pathetic playing A or B rank unit since the design is just gorgeous.

But yeah weapon gacha is weird as they are really important, like it's the real source of stats, not well balanced. But I don't know what they planned for the long run so maybe higher ranked unit will have a better treatment later.

I don't know how many people are working on TB2, but I'm pretty sure Mistwalker have already a lot of contents, they just wanted to release chapters as episodes. Also I'm more worried about Silicon Studio, how did they messed up so much when Mistwalker did well.

We'll see how the game gonna evolve in the next few months, but I hope it's going to be better.

chrono01

Wow, this thread exploded since last I checked.

As generous as the compensation is, it doesn't fix all of the underlying issues present in the game. Short-term, some people might be "YAY FREE ENERGY!", but after they do their pulls and (more than likely) get nothing of worth with them, they'll be right back where they started, only this time with a slower pace of content (due to story chapters not being a weekly thing).

What I don't understand is how Leviathan was released as-is (or rather, as was). Did no one test-play him? If they did, it would have taken only a second to realize how over-powered he was, especially for a free character. It doesn't really bode well for future characters/equipment either, since once you open the door to tweaks/balances anything is possible. For instance, what if they later decide that Master Negotiator for Djagos is too powerful, since it essentially gives you a 100% chance to recruit monsters, so they downgrade it to Pro (and give you an S-Class ticket for your troubles)?

TB2 is probably one of the more disappointing gacha games I've played, especially considering how excited I was for its release. TB1 was fun, so I expected even better things from the sequel, and what we got was...well...not that. I'm still logging in daily, and burning my stamina on Metal Runs, but that's about it. If they don't change things soon for the better, it's only a matter of time before I stop logging in at all and the game becomes a distant memory. Seeing how it's being received in Japan isn't exactly promising either, and this has Sakaguchi attached to it. :/

FWIW, TB1 was garbage when it launched. Yea it had 30 chapters worth of content, but I finished those 30 chapters in like 3 weeks and then I was right where I am today with TB2. Nothing to do and waiting on content.

It seems like they got it straightened out long term though since everyone is talking about how great TB1 is, so I'm hopeful they can do the same here.

Still bizarre that they didn't learn from that experience and ship with more stuff to do at launch here though.

And yea, not sure why they ever thought Leviathan was a good idea in the first place. The irony is that if there was more stuff to do, you wouldn't have had people farming Leviathan 24/7 and getting him to 100% Skill Boost, because they would have had to divide up their energy.

chrono01

FWIW, TB1 was garbage when it launched. Yea it had 30 chapters worth of content, but I finished those 30 chapters in like 3 weeks and then I was right where I am today with TB2. Nothing to do and waiting on content.

It seems like they got it straightened out long term though since everyone is talking about how great TB1 is, so I'm hopeful they can do the same here.
Let's hope.

I mean, it wouldn't be impossible to see everything take a turn for the best, it's happened before in gacha games (such as the aforementioned TB1). It's just a matter of whether the developers are capable of it (or have the passion to do so), as well as keep the players interested/invested until that change comes.

Vamphuntr

The compensation are becoming better and better and it's not a sign of a healthy game. They've screwed up badly with this and it's not like they have a big brand name so they can recover simply with promises and brand power.

The state the game when it launched was pretty pathetic with poor controls and performance and lack of tutorials. The double gacha certainly is a big negative too. The fact they are doing quite important balance change at this point coupled with the above issues implies they didn't playtest this at all.

EDIT : Progression wise it wasn't probably a good idea to start right away with Z rank units and recoding. TB1 didn't when it started and other gacha games I played like FFBE didn't have base 5* and 6* in the beginning either as it breaks the balance of the content.

chrono01

So since I need new equipment, I figured I'd do a multi-pull to try for some as well as a chance at Jodie. I got 10x Guardians, go figure, and none of them being worthwhile. Pulling characters in games like this shouldn't be a disappointment, that right there is telling you something isn't right.

I don't even care.

Baliis

Am I just being dumb or can I not remove a character from a party? I've been doing a 3 person party for MZ but wanna drop it to 2 since one hit 90, but it won't let me remove the third person.

Honestly with all this apology mythril, I think I'll just sit on it and wait. For all I know 3 weeks later they're going to announce an entirely new batch of Super OP Z+ units and I'll want to use it all then.

chrono01

Am I just being dumb or can I not remove a character from a party? I've been doing a 3 person party for MZ but wanna drop it to 2 since one hit 90, but it won't let me remove the third person.
Just click the character from your party window and choose to remove him/her. I run solo on MZ, so I can power level a single Guardian.

Honestly with all this apology mythril, I think I'll just sit on it and wait. For all I know 3 weeks later they're going to announce an entirely new batch of Super OP Z+ units and I'll want to use it all then.
That's my goal from here on out, I just wanted to try once more to see if I could manage some gear. Sadly, that didn't happen.

meow

Won't let me, the remove button is greyed out.

Just to be sure, you have the CHARACTER selected, not the guardian right?

Edit: have you finished all story chapters? And this isn’t in party 7 is it?

Dang it, I just added someone to try it and now I can't either LOL ME. Luckily I still have an empty slot but this is pretty annoying.

Mine is on party 6 and is the slot I was using to solo run metal zone. It's definitely the character, not guardian slot. Finished all story chapters (I think).

Dang it, I just added someone to try it and now I can't either LOL ME. Luckily I still have an empty slot but this is pretty annoying.

Mine is on party 6 and is the slot I was using to solo run metal zone. It's definitely the character, not guardian slot. Finished all story chapters (I think).

Wait is it the only character in the entire party? Because you can’t go to 0

Ecit: nvm you can empty a party. Weird, no idea then

meow

Wait is it the only character in the entire party? Because you can’t go to 0

Ecit: nvm you can empty a party. Weird, no idea then

We're talking about the setup screen, right? Yeah I can't remove any characters from any parties, regardless of how many are in the party. I can swap them, but the remove button is grayed out. Obvious contrast when I switch to the guardians screen; it lets me remove those and then replaces with the default guardian.

We're talking about the setup screen, right? Yeah I can't remove any characters from any parties, regardless of how many are in the party. I can swap them, but the remove button is grayed out. Obvious contrast when I switch to the guardians screen; it lets me remove those and then replaces with the default guardian.

Should probably file a bug. I’ve filed 5 bugs and they’re always fixed in the next update.

Baliis

Should probably file a bug. I’ve filed 5 bugs and they’re always fixed in the next update.

Must be nice. Haste is still totally broken. You still lose Control Time if you get hit by haste lol.
ozCBPDj.png

Baliis

I think it was because I had an active story mission going. It was a different party then the one I was trying to edit, but after I ended the story quest it worked fine.

Lmao, they literally just copy pasted part of the update notes from last time, and of course it’s wrong.

Notes say there’s a new pact, and of course there isn’t. At this point I’m tempted to stick around just to watch this dumpster fire burn

AsianOni

Lmao, they literally just copy pasted part of the update notes from last time, and of course it’s wrong.

Notes say there’s a new pact, and of course there isn’t. At this point I’m tempted to stick around just to watch this dumpster fire burn

That would be for tomorrow.

Pejo

Gold Member
Man I really wish they'd turn on the sort function. Urge to grind Metal zone is really decreasing. I'll probably do it until I get that new Z unit to 99 so I can recode her at least, then just log in and keep an eye on the game.

Man I really wish they'd turn on the sort function. Urge to grind Metal zone is really decreasing. I'll probably do it until I get that new Z unit to 99 so I can recode her at least, then just log in and keep an eye on the game.

I’ve been grinding Zmey. Just got the achievement for 30 monstrous hearts, which was 5 energy. The achievement for 50 monstrous hearts is 10 more energy.

I know they said we’ll get all achievement rewards, but at this point I can’t really trust anything lol. Plus I need them for recoding anyway and collecting a bunch of Magician Garbs is helpful

Pejo

Gold Member
I’ve been grinding Zmey. Just got the achievement for 30 monstrous hearts, which was 5 energy. The achievement for 50 monstrous hearts is 10 more energy.

I know they said we’ll get all achievement rewards, but at this point I can’t really trust anything lol. Plus I need them for recoding anyway and collecting a bunch of Magician Garbs is helpful

Something mysteriously shifted and I can't easily beat Zmey normal anymore with the same exact team I was coasting by with earlier. It's like he got a ton more HP or something. Actually I take that back, it's not the same team, I actually have one more character now that I finished story. Does his HP scale based on number of characters you fight him with?

Something mysteriously shifted and I can't easily beat Zmey normal anymore with the same exact team I was coasting by with earlier. It's like he got a ton more HP or something. Actually I take that back, it's not the same team, I actually have one more character now that I finished story. Does his HP scale based on number of characters you fight him with?

Hmm, it seems the same to me. If anything it feels like Cowing Glare is triggering less often than yesterday, but I’ve only run 6 or 7 times. He’s always had about 92k hp every time I’ve fought him.

Did you move some guardians around to different characters?

Pejo

Gold Member
Hmm, it seems the same to me. If anything it feels like Cowing Glare is triggering less often than yesterday, but I’ve only run 6 or 7 times. He’s always had about 92k hp every time I’ve fought him.

Did you move some guardians around to different characters?

No, I thought that at first too. I have a leveling party layout and a "main" party layout, and I verified I was using the right one. I can't really explain it, I'm using heavy ice users too, since he seems to be weak to it.

What's the best way to level SB? Is it random on each skill use? Seems like with some characters I get skillups all the time, but other ones are really hard to get skillups for. Like I'm bringing Djagos when I farm Zmey, and she rarely gets skillups, even if I use her in every single chain, while everyone else can get 0.2 points per run.

meow

What does everyone's zmey team look like? I'm having trouble even on normal. I tried using Levi with a strong friend Levi but that's not working great. I don't have any other ice guardians (wouldn't matter if I did because I don't have enough staff/rod weapons to equip them with), should I be going for xena for levitate instead?

What does everyone's zmey team look like? I'm having trouble even on normal. I tried using Levi with a strong friend Levi but that's not working great. I don't have any other ice guardians (wouldn't matter if I did because I don't have enough staff/rod weapons to equip them with), should I be going for xena for levitate instead?

Does levitate even do anything on normal? He only makes the ground pits on hard.

I’ve been using Battle-R RNA + Leviathan + Torl’marl DNA for ice x2 and hobble, then bring a strong ice friend. He usually goes down on the 2nd pincer, but occasionally takes a 3rd. The combined M. Atk of those 3 ice units is ~650

Top Bottom