• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 |OT| All Hail the Gooch

38k1KVp_d.jpg

Used a Tsutsura DNA as friend, she had this ability called Negatemp that was doing most of the damage. She died around 40% and it got way slower from there, but still managed to stay out of danger.

Boss has around 210k ho on hard, btw

Uthred

Cant help but feel going RNA on my Tsutsura was a mistake. The nerf to Leviathan, while probably for the best, makes solo farming metal orbs a bit more of a pain/less efficient.

Baliis

Cant help but feel going RNA on my Tsutsura was a mistake. The nerf to Leviathan, while probably for the best, makes solo farming metal orbs a bit more of a pain/less efficient.

I've switched to using someone's Samatha with the Z dagger that gives Tera column range in 3 columns. Position my 2 units in leveling in the pincer, place her so that everything else is in the columns and she one shots them.

Oh was Leviathan nerfed? I didn’t see that in the notes

They swung the nerf bat hard at all the skills that target all (Maelstrom, tremor, fissure). They're garbage now.

I've switched to using someone's Samatha with the Z dagger that gives Tera column range in 3 columns. Position my 2 units in leveling in the pincer, place her so that everything else is in the columns and she one shots them.

They swung the nerf bat hard at all the skills that target all (Maelstrom, tremor, fissure). They're garbage now.

Except when enemy units use them, then they always hit :(

Falk

that puzzling face

I don't see how they could be balanced otherwise. At least at this early stage of progression. They simply were outright better, especially considering regular skills needed a choice between area of effect vs potency in terms of gearing.

Baliis

I don't see how they could be balanced otherwise. At least at this early stage of progression. They simply were outright better, especially considering regular skills needed a choice between area of effect vs potency in terms of gearing.

Oh I agree, it was broken as hell.

Pejo

Gold Member

Dammit....that explains why I can't just cruise my way through Metal Zone hard anymore without even looking at the screen. :mad:

Baliis

Damn, Cowing glare did get caught in the Hobble nerf. Does seem like it still works pretty well though, killed Zmey normal without him getting a single attack off with a team of Samatha, Leon x2, Torl'marl, Leviathan, and a Djagos friend for negotiator. Will be even easier one people get the new Z mage up and running.

Damn, Cowing glare did get caught in the Hobble nerf. Does seem like it still works pretty well though, killed Zmey normal without him getting a single attack off with a team of Samatha, Leon x2, Torl'marl, Leviathan, and a Djagos friend for negotiator. Will be even easier one people get the new Z mage up and running.

What is this Cowing Glare ability and what does it do? Did you kill him on the first round or something, because that's kind of crazy that he didn't get a single attack off. It usually takes me 5-6 rounds to kill him.

Baliis

What is this Cowing Glare ability and what does it do? Did you kill him on the first round or something, because that's kind of crazy that he didn't get a single attack off. It usually takes me 5-6 rounds to kill him.

It adds 1 to the turn counter of a random enemy, but since he's the only enemy it always hits him. It's the same thing Hobble does which was specifically called out as nerfed, but it looks like they nerfed the effect in general to not be 100%, not just nerfed hobble to not be 100%. He did get one turn, but he just transformed or whatever and I killed him before he got another.

It adds 1 to the turn counter of a random enemy, but since he's the only enemy it always hits him. It's the same thing Hobble does which was specifically called out as nerfed, but it looks like they nerfed the effect in general to not be 100%, not just nerfed hobble to not be 100%. He did get one turn, but he just transformed or whatever and I killed him before he got another.

Who has this ability currently?

Baliis

Who has this ability currently?

That I know of, Ji'rowe and Surge-L have Hobble (hits in an area around them) and Torl'marl has Cowing Glare ( hits a random target). Someone in discord said they were seeing like 30-40% success instead of 100 now though, which sounds about right from what I've seen.

Edit: When it works though you get stuff like this

Pejo

Gold Member
That I know of, Ji'rowe and Surge-L have Hobble (hits in an area around them) and Torl'marl has Cowing Glare ( hits a random target). Someone in discord said they were seeing like 30-40% success instead of 100 now though, which sounds about right from what I've seen.

Edit: When it works though you get stuff like this

Oh wow, we got a 5th playable character? No wonder Zmey took longer to beat than It probably should have. I'm really behind on the news.

Speaking of the 5th chapter, I cannot fucking find the last treasure spot. Man this is painful. Trying to get all of them so they respawn, but it definitely looks like this level is not goign to be farming material unless there's something really good that can drop

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Speaking of the 5th chapter, I cannot fucking find the last treasure spot. Man this is painful. Trying to get all of them so they respawn, but it definitely looks like this level is not goign to be farming material unless there's something really good that can drop

Did you find the one behind the boss?

meow

That one is annoying. I didn't realize I couldn't grab it from the boss area (or at least it never let me) so I had to run the chapter again and grab it from the right side.

edit - the whole chapter is annoying

Yes, and I found the one that one of the snipers was standing on top of. I'm going through the chapter again and going to kill every fucking enemy on this map until I find it. It also could be bugged, who knows.

meow

Yes, and I found the one that one of the snipers was standing on top of. I'm going through the chapter again and going to kill every fucking enemy on this map until I find it. It also could be bugged, who knows.
I think there was only one that was hidden under something (unless maybe the enemies shifted and covered another up - not sure if that can happen). There is also one a good ways off the path in the upper right hand corner. You can see it from the start but have to grab it later from the left.

I think I also read you have to finish the chapter to reset the items, you can't pick up the last one and quit out.

I think I also read you have to finish the chapter to reset the items, you can't pick up the last one and quit out.

That's probably what it is then. I came back a second time to get the one the sniper was standing on top off, then I just exited. Bleh.

I'm about to have 100 coop medals. Who should I set priority on recoding, and dna or rna?

Leon
Ohryu
Unryu
Roland
Zumba
Samantha
Chirol

Personally I'm thinking Ohryu or Chirol, however Leon may be alright for this Zmey.

Rixa

I'm about to have 100 coop medals. Who should I set priority on recoding, and dna or rna?

Leon
Ohryu
Unryu
Roland
Zumba
Samantha
Chirol

Personally I'm thinking Ohryu or Chirol, however Leon may be alright for this Zmey.

If they didn't change it RNAing unit doesn't cost coop medals. So check the units that are better in RNA form and make them.

Edit: B unit that has Control Time and Cowing Glare

Question: What do those Shen's RNA & DNA skills do?
"Here have some Cucumber" :D
Kinda Curious to level Shen (S) and either RNA or DNA it.

I think I might be done with this; I'll probably keep logging in for a little bit and see if I get any nice pulls to sway me otherwise (or if they make really great improvements), but right now the game is just a mess.

I'm almost in shock that they took such an amazing foundation and fell on their teeth so hard with it, on every aspect.

Heng

Seems pretty lackluster compared to Leviathan, and he also drops a shield and a mag def robe. His union reward is squeaky and Earth damage +2%. Honestly it doesn't seem worth farming tbh...

Baliis

If they didn't change it RNAing unit doesn't cost coop medals. So check the units that are better in RNA form and make them.

Edit: B unit that has Control Time and Cowing Glare

Question: What do those Shen's RNA & DNA skills do?
"Here have some Cucumber" :D
Kinda Curious to level Shen (S) and either RNA or DNA it.

Be warned with Torl'marl that Cowing Glare is great, but Haste is totally broken. It "cures" Control Time and you lose the extended drag time, kinda hilarious.

I assume "Offer Cucumber" will cure the Kappa debuff which hasn't been introduced yet. Maiden's Kiss is the usual name for the item in RPGs that cures the toad status, so I assume Offer Cucumber is the equivalent.

Figured out a nice trick for those stupid snipers in lv. 5. If you use Gi’s default guardian he has a Taunt ability that drags the enemies into your box.

Not that it’s that great of a level to farm anyway, but maybe helpful to someone

chrono01

One thing I really don't understand with this game is how the levels for Guardians don't really matter. After you unlock their Level 90 skills/ability upgrades, there's really no reason to bring them to Level 99 (from what I can see), unless you want to recode them. Because of this, every time you level up it just feels pointless, where in other games you get a feeling of satisfaction since they gain stats upon doing so. I don't know why they didn't attach stat increases to increasing the levels, as well as equipping weapons/armor to them. They could have easily done both.

Honestly, after their obnoxious marketing on Facebook leading up to release (so many meme's, as well as comparing themselves to other gacha games), I kind of expected more. I'm not going to drop it just yet, as I do hope things improve soon for the better.

Patch notes said the Un Shop restocking issue has been fixed, but it isn’t.

By now I’ve lost about 15 Mightys, pretty fucking obnoxious.

Filed another ticket, I hope there’s compensation

Kitoro

Yikes... I was just checking the Google Play Store page for the game, and it's still yet to cross the 50,000 downloads threshold. Most decently advertised mobile games, especially with any sort of hype behind them, cross the 50,000, or even 100,000 downloads threshold within a week or two.

I wonder what Mistwalker's planning at this point, because business as usual for the game is not going to be enough for the game to maintain.

My shop was (finally) reset around 3 hours ago.

Yea, I find it hilarious that they went out of their way to state what time it would reset, even going so far as to include the time zone, and it was still wrong. Like come on guys, time zones aren’t that complicated.

I’m trying to give this game the benefit of the doubt since I bailed on the first one and regretted it later, but geez

AsianOni

Yea, I find it hilarious that they went out of their way to state what time it would reset, even going so far as to include the time zone, and it was still wrong. Like come on guys, time zones aren’t that complicated.

I’m trying to give this game the benefit of the doubt since I bailed on the first one and regretted it later, but geez

Yeah they basically announced the same hour you can find in the game tooltips and it was still wrong...

Baliis

Man, even with the 5 mighties, that was only enough to go fro 55-70 on one of my Leons, they need so much xp to level lol.

Man, even with the 5 mighties, that was only enough to go fro 55-70 on one of my Leons, they need so much xp to level lol.

Yea Z units are even crazier. Once you get past about 80 on a recoded Z unit they're like 100k per level, which is like 1 Mighty.

On an unrelated tangent, It annoys me that the Achievement quest for the Earth dragon only works on Easy. I'm trying to farm Hard and Normal for equipment and Monstrous Hearts, but then that doesn't count toward the achievement :-/

Uthred

Can't quite put my finger on why, but this game is starting to feel very boring to me. It just feels aimless, the only thing to work towards is levelling up units as levelling up equipment feels pointless unless you happened to get enough dupes to limit break it. While it made sense nerfing the AOE skills has made farming a bigger chore and considering thats basically all there is to do that isnt wonderful. It also means I've basically zero interest in farming up this earth dragon.

AsianOni

Yea Z units are even crazier. Once you get past about 80 on a recoded Z unit they're like 100k per level, which is like 1 Mighty.

On an unrelated tangent, It annoys me that the Achievement quest for the Earth dragon only works on Easy. I'm trying to farm Hard and Normal for equipment and Monstrous Hearts, but then that doesn't count toward the achievement :-/

You can get the achievement if you manage to kill Zmey before he transforms... so basically you have to cheese with hobble/cowing glare.

Baliis

Yup, along with tremor and maelstrom. Such a bad way to balance the game. :/

Should they have left them completely game breakingly strong? The target all attacks were maybe a little over nerfed though.

Bosses need to be made immune to turn delays though or you're gonna start seeing teams use 2-3 to just farm everything without letting it get a turn.

I chose a friend that had Hobble and it didn’t land once out of the dozen or so times it activated. Such a bummer the way this game has turned out so far. Hope it turns it around quick. I still think they are doing the game a huge disservice by being so stingy with energy. If you want people to log in and be tempted by the gacha, you gotta give them something to start with. The aplogems I don’t even count, because if you count those you are saying that they are replacing something we would have normally recieved and to me it’s worse that they would withhold that other method in favor of handing them out in apologies.

AsianOni

Should they have left them completely game breakingly strong? The target all attacks were maybe a little over nerfed though.

Bosses need to be made immune to turn delays though or you're gonna start seeing teams use 2-3 to just farm everything without letting it get a turn.

Bosses should've been immune to these sort of status yes.

As for the global skills, especially maelstrom, reducing the attack multiplier would've been enough I think. It's so unreliable that it feels like a bonus if you can proc a tick from it..

I chose a friend that had Hobble and it didn’t land once out of the dozen or so times it activated. Such a bummer the way this game has turned out so far. Hope it turns it around quick. I still think they are doing the game a huge disservice by being so stingy with energy. If you want people to log in and be tempted by the gacha, you gotta give them something to start with. The aplogems I don’t even count, because if you count those you are saying that they are replacing something we would have normally recieved and to me it’s worse that they would withhold that other method in favor of handing them out in apologies.

Yea, games are supposed to bombard you with energy the first few months, to get you hooked and make sure you invest a ton of time. At that point, you’re in too far to quit.

Falk

that puzzling face
I get that TB1's development and structure was probably down to lack of experience with developing gacha games... or maybe a healthy dose of idealism in wanting to make something that plays a little differently from a typical gacha.

It's just baffling that TB2 is making completely different mistakes, different development team aside. You'd think that after TB1 they'd want to plant both feet solidly in familiar territory for the target market.

Oh man, they are really killing it with these updates.

Latest update notes say that they might not be able to maintain a pace of 1 story chapter per week, and going forward it might take longer.

That might be the last straw for me.

On the flip side, they’re sending 90 energy compensation, lol

Top Bottom