• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 |OT| All Hail the Gooch

Something just occurred to me. When you view User Info, it has only your friend code. And it says not to share this because it can be used to impersonate you and take your account. But it’s your fucking friend code?! Did they really not think about this?

Koeta

soon :)

UaXkFhd.png

besides Leviathan and Djagos which other characters are notable?

Uthred

Is there any way to see what skills do in-game? The game seems to do a terrible job of teaching you how to play

Edit: Found it, though still can't find a way to preview the rna/DNA skills. Regarding skills, presumably anything with an elemental icon is increased by MATK and anything with a weapon icon is increased by ATK?

Pejo

Disappointing, the customer service is pretty shit from these guys. I tried to get my account un-bound from an account that I originally bound to my email address. At the time I bound it, I didn't realize I needed the User ID (not your username, like I thought), so I emailed them to ask them to retrieve my user ID. They said they couldn't.

So I kept re-rolling and got an account I like. Now I want to register this account to my email address, but it won't let me due to the other one being linked. I emailed them again from the email account associated, to unbind the old account data from my email so I could use this new one, and naturally they said they can't.

Why is mobile customer service so shit as a rule?

Disappointing, the customer service is pretty shit from these guys. I tried to get my account un-bound from an account that I originally bound to my email address. At the time I bound it, I didn't realize I needed the User ID (not your username, like I thought), so I emailed them to ask them to retrieve my user ID. They said they couldn't.

So I kept re-rolling and got an account I like. Now I want to register this account to my email address, but it won't let me due to the other one being linked. I emailed them again from the email account associated, to unbind the old account data from my email so I could use this new one, and naturally they said they can't.

Why is mobile customer service so shit as a rule?

The fact that they respond quickly (or, for that matter, at all) already puts them above many others

Try putting a + sign in your email. Eg if you’re foo@gmail.com, tell them it’s foo+terrabattle@gmail.com. It’ll still go to your normal address

Alternatively, Just create a dummy gmail account and link it to that, and set it up to forward.

Baliis

You know what this means?

More possible compensation!

Huzzah!

I can't remember if I posted it here, but FYI if anyone has a unit with the Haste skill, it seems like it's removing any control time effects, including Control Time +x, Equip which is kinda funny. I have Torl'marl DNA and he removes his own control time +1 as soon as he uses Haste. The same thing happens if you hit Samatha RNA with Haste, she loses her Control Time +4. Can still use him to skill boost though so he's not all that bad I suppose.

The drip of energy is painfully slow and worse bugged in the case of quest rewards. Wonder if they’ll give any tomorrow to celebrate a new banner.

Adeptrain

Holy cow,

I think they refund every energy bought! I got a 32 energy pack once and I got 32 energy again and like 2 energy as an apology o_O

Doctor_No

I got over near 1,188 normal energy as compensation from whaling before 9/28

But I think the gatcha system is borked or intentionally weighted, used it all on equipment and didn't get a single Z (Over 300 pulls), and its suppose to be double rates.

For the first 100 pulls, I got near 10% Zs.

Adeptrain

But I think the gatcha system is borked or intentionally weighted, used it all on equipment and didn't get a single Z (Over 300 pulls), and its suppose to be double rates.

Wow! That's a lot of pulls to get no Z's!!!! I'm don't know if it's confirmation bias, but my 2 (5-set) pulls got me nothing but A's and B's :/ Not even an S...sigh.

Ephidel

Have the droprates changed since the maintenance?

I did more Levi runs than I can count yesterday, and all of them dropped mana pots in addition to a Monstrous Soul (and some dropped equipment).

Today every run has dropped 1 Monstrous Soul and that's it.

Edit: Okay, after complaining it seems to have returned to normal. I guess I just had a really, really unlucky morning.

I got several Z equipment. I think it’s just confirmation bias

Edit: also, goddamn that’s a lot of pulls. Feels good to not be the biggest whale for once, lol

Doctor_No

I got several Z equipment. I think it's just confirmation bias

Its really weird.

I used 1,188 energy, 395 pulls, without a single Z this morning. My First 100 pulls in this game I got 10 Zs (equipment and units). I did around 300 pulls in between and had a huge period of zero Z units, then all raining in again, with multiple Z units in a single 10 pull happening time after time. Statistically its completely possible, but the current gatcha rng seems, at least anecdotally, to be in the extremes.

Whoa that’s a lot of pulls. Here I am hoping they add some way to earn energy so we F2P can do a pull a week and maybe convert some of us in the process.

Pejo

The fact that they respond quickly (or, for that matter, at all) already puts them above many others

Try putting a + sign in your email. Eg if you’re foo@gmail.com, tell them it’s foo+terrabattle@gmail.com. It’ll still go to your normal address

Alternatively, Just create a dummy gmail account and link it to that, and set it up to forward.

So I have to give credit where credit is due - I emailed them back after the initial exchange and they replied with an option to recover my initial account, then unlink it myself. Looks like they're going to come through after all.

Refund on purchased energy was cool of them too, I think I'll save it. I'm not really wanting for anything right now, though I'd love a few Z weapons and a Haruhikari.

Rixa

Terra Battle 2 news
[Notice]Announcement of Pact Lineup Update

Thank you for playing Terra Battle 2.

We will begin maintenance on Thursday, October 5.
During this maintenance, we will update the Pact lineup.
New Guardians with powerful skills will be introduced, so watch out for it!

Also, after this update, you will no longer be able to obtain the following Guardians.
Please take note of the following.

[Z Class]
・Djagos

[SS Class]
・Ipp'oh
・Zumba
・Gantt

※May be included again in the future, these guardians that are to be removed from the lineup this time.
※To learn more, check the Pact detail screens in-game after this update.

We hope you enjoy your journey across Terra!

The Terra Battle 2 Team

Djagos too powerful? Last moments to reroll for Djagos.

Uthred

Feels more like an attempt to drive sales, what makes Djagos so appealing is the pro negotiator. Other than that they arent any more powerful than the other Z mages.

I’m good. So long as this Django’s with master negotiator stays on my friends list....

Hopefully they add some quests or events to earn energy soon.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm curious to see where this goes in terms of balance and progression.

Anyone with a modicum of patience should have a Leviathan with at least 200MAG by now, and we're barely at the 2 week mark.

I'm curious to see where this goes in terms of balance and progression.

Anyone with a modicum of patience should have a Leviathan with at least 200MAG by now, and we're barely at the 2 week mark.

Yea me too. I mean I’ve been through these games enough to know that in 6 months Leviathan will probably be completely useless, but I’m still curious how.

I don’t think Leviathan itself was necessarily a mistake, but rather the drop rate combined with the fact that people had literally nothing else to spend stamina on.

Pejo

Terra Battle 2 news

I'm more bummed that the characters themselves are pretty much completely interchangeable outside of stuff like Negotiator and screen-wide moves like Maelstrom.

It bums me out a little that a recoded B character can do pretty much the same damage as a Z. I'm not really sure if this is how it was for TB1 or not since I only played that for a week or two, but there's not really satisfaction of getting characters, and the equipment is just a stat stick, nothing really exciting there either.

It's a little too easy to get huge AoE coverage on just about any skill, which makes none of it matter. It would have been better if the units controlled the damage pattern, and they weren't basically "Fill half the screen" right from the start. Something cool like S patterns or checkerboard for the Z class characters, and 1-2 block radius for B characters.

Baliis

I'm more bummed that the characters themselves are pretty much completely interchangeable outside of stuff like Negotiator and screen-wide moves like Maelstrom.

It bums me out a little that a recoded B character can do pretty much the same damage as a Z. I'm not really sure if this is how it was for TB1 or not since I only played that for a week or two, but there's not really satisfaction of getting characters, and the equipment is just a stat stick, nothing really exciting there either.

It's a little too easy to get huge AoE coverage on just about any skill, which makes none of it matter. It would have been better if the units controlled the damage pattern, and they weren't basically "Fill half the screen" right from the start. Something cool like S patterns or checkerboard for the Z class characters, and 1-2 block radius for B characters.

The highest physical DPSers in TB1 were an A and two B units because they uniquely had the physical damage x1.5 buff.

Even in TB1 you could breeze through most stuff if you had an SS/Z mage, it wasn't really until the later story stages gave mobs huge magic defenses and bosses started needed specific damage types (i.e. a sword boss that takes 90% reduced damage from non Spears) that you really needed specific set ups.

chrono01

Terra Battle 2 news

The hell?

Now I'm tempted to start over with the Djagos account on my alt, if she's not going to be available anymore. I mean, I'm sure there will always be some available on my Friend List, but as the game matures it's only a matter of time before she's probably replaced with newer characters, while players keep her in their party for her benefits.

It also sucks since I love her art, so knowing I won't be able to get one of my own...

Really surprising they're removing her from the game so soon, I really hope this isn't a pattern. It does seem like something they're doing so people spend money on the 3x real money gacha for her out of desperation, and given how slow free energy has been so far in-game (maybe 3-4 a week, it that, not counting compensation energy, has me pretty frustrated. Kind of tempted to give up my 2x Z-Class account for Djagos, but she doesn't have Leviathan or anything and I doubt I'd be able to farm another in time...

I don’t think they’re removing her from the game, just the next set of banners.

The only real news here is that this lends evidence to the theory that banners going forward are going to be focused on specific units, without the ability to pull any unit at any time.

chrono01

I don’t think they’re removing her from the game, just the next set of banners.

The only real news here is that this lends evidence to the theory that banners going forward are going to be focused on specific units, without the ability to pull any unit at any time.
I hope she's not going to be a limited-time character that's only around once a month or whatever, especially considering how difficult it is to pull a Z-Class Guardian in the first place. I was originally okay with going on with my Xena/Chirol account, since I had hope to pull Djagos eventually over time, but if she's removed and only brought back for special occasions, I'll probably never have one of my own. :(

Anyway, I read up on the union rewards for Xena, and apparently she gets an SS Armor and Z Bow as the two rewards, so knowing I'll get a Z-Class weapon of it makes it somewhat better. Still, really want that Djagos, so here's hoping if she does return that's not too long.

I wish there was a way to preview what skills do. I have a couple of units that are A and S Class but am stuck wondering what is better DNA or RNA. Wiki lacks a lot of info on many units still.

I am particularly interested in Ahryu and Uz. I don’t know what Ahryu’s spinning slash does and for Uz I don’t know the difference between cross cut and thousand cuts. Trying to decide which of these two would better fill the melee role, because I am not too interested in Conrandt’s skills.

I wish there was a way to preview what skills do. I have a couple of units that are A and S Class but am stuck wondering what is better DNA or RNA. Wiki lacks a lot of info on many units still.

I am particularly interested in Ahryu and Uz. I don’t know what Ahryu’s spinning slash does and for Uz I don’t know the difference between cross cut and thousand cuts. Trying to decide which of these two would better fill the melee role, because I am not too interested in Conrandt’s skills.

Yea I want this too. For example, I'm curious about:

Koh RNA - Powered Point Effect Amp
Amizuki DNA - Frequency +80%

Visceir

■This maintenance is for the following:
・Extension of Event Quests

Please tell me it's not another week of shitty easy raid and Leviathan. Sort of puzzling to see them launching a game without having their first months' content ready to go and locked down.

It's like they learned nothing from the first game, lol. People are going to bail if you don't give them more new content to do on a regular basis.

Pejo

Yea I want this too. For example, I'm curious about:

Koh RNA - Powered Point Effect Amp
Amizuki DNA - Frequency +80%

The other thing is that, especially for DNA and RNA units, the skills change during the level up process. Like Tsutsura's second Ice skill turns randomly into Glacier at level 40. There's no way to know that at all looking at the recode preview screen currently. I'm glad the wiki is slowly getting filled out but maybe Mistwalker could throw us a bone on these in the game.

Please tell me it's not another week of shitty easy raid and Leviathan. Sort of puzzling to see them launching a game without having their first months' content ready to go and locked down.

It's like they learned nothing from the first game, lol. People are going to bail if you don't give them more new content to do on a regular basis.

You scared me at first. But there's two announcements back to back. One on the 4th and one on the 5th. The one for the 5th says they're giving a new pact and the old one will be gone, while the one for the 4th (which you quoted) says they will extend the pact.

So I think this is just some filler that is supposed to make it so that it doesn't drop all the events and pacts for a day (or a few hours?) with literally nothing to do. AFAICT the update should still be tomorrow.

But I agree with you in general, the reason I quit the first game was because of the slow trickle of content updates.

Actually, I already had Ahryu RNA at Lv. 94. So I recoded him to DNA for shits and giggles. Seems you keep the level? Neat. Anyway Spinning Slash says

Spinning Slash, Area (1), 30% - The higher your Level, the greater your Attack

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Frequency is frequency of skill triggers, and is additive. So if you have a good 10% trigger and freq 80% then that skill has a 90% chance to trigger. Frequency is great but loses value at extreme end game since guardians will naturally build skill boost which does the same thing.

Actually, I already had Ahryu RNA at Lv. 94. So I recoded him to DNA for shits and giggles. Seems you keep the level? Neat. Anyway Spinning Slash says

Spinning Slash, Area (1), 30% - The higher your Level, the greater your Attack

Hmm so RNA seems better because of the +30% Atk? How is he as a unit? Worth the investment?

Kitoro

So, I decided to re-roll and pulled a Po'lar, Koh, Gantt, and a Z weapon, Gugnir in my first 15 pulls.

Is this account a keeper, or should I keep trying for better?

Hmm so RNA seems better because of the +30% Atk? How is he as a unit? Worth the investment?

Honestly, I have no idea. I've just been blindly levelling and recoding since there's not really any hard content at the moment, and when you run Synced you don't get to use the high level skills anyway. That's why I chose RNA in the first place though, because of the 30% ATK. But who knows, I guess it all depends on what kind of content we get in the future.

Top Bottom