• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 |OT| All Hail the Gooch

I'll do some testing tonight and see if I can figure out how power point amp actually works

It seems to be implying that Power Points actually make skills stronger in addition to just making the triggers 100%. (Although maybe this is well-known for TB1 vets?)

Visceir

Yea I want this too. For example, I'm curious about:

Koh RNA - Powered Point Effect Amp
Amizuki DNA - Frequency +80%

Powered Point Amp increases Power Gauge (the thing that summons PowerPoints) gauge fill rate. This skill is passive.

Frequency is pretty much just a temporary SB increase. That specific one is only for adjacent units, so units that are next to that unit get the buff.

So far leveling units to lvl 90 recode has only taken like 2 days. Don't really have anything better to do with the stamina so I've been just leveling random A/B rank guardians that have interesting skills.

B rank Hawke for example has a field skill called Eagle Eye -- if you use it in a story chapter it unveils 2 more green(as opposed to normal purple ones) treasure locations which seem to give unique stuff. Ch4 gave me +10% poison resist companions and ch3 +2 def/mdef bracers. I imagine those rewards will get better as we get into higher chapters.

It seems to be implying that Power Points actually make skills stronger in addition to just making the triggers 100%. (Although maybe this is well-known for TB1 vets?)

Using PP should give you 1.5x dmg and 100% skill activation always.

Baliis

Powered Point Amp increases Power Gauge (the thing that summons PowerPoints) gauge fill rate. This skill is passive.

I know that's what Power Point Amp did in TB1, but is it the same in TB2? The skill in TB2 is Power Point Effect Amp and the description says that it increases the potency of power points instead of TB1s "Charge up power points faster"

Edit: So just some quick testing, as far as I can tell, Kohs Power Point Effect Amp does absolutely nothing? It takes me 9 pincers to generate an orb against a king Orbling (4 double pincers, then the first pincer on turn 5 caps me) with it without Koh, so no change there, or at least it's insignificant. The multiplier is also 1.5 with or without Koh, so I can't tell at all what it's supposed to be doing.

Visceir

I know that's what Power Point Amp did in TB1, but is it the same in TB2? The skill in TB2 is Power Point Effect Amp and the description says that it increases the potency of power points instead of TB1s "Charge up power points faster"

My bad, yea it probably increases the dmg. Powered Point Amp skill exists in TB2 too.

meow

I only have 3 of them, but it looks like daggers in the game are all split between physical and magic attack? Enaveldt has Dagger Amp 1.2x but is pure physical so it seems stupid to me to equip him with daggers, I want my daggers on the hybrid guardians. (plus the weapons that are focused on one type seems to have higher numbers than daggers; understandable since it's split) -__- Also what is the point of getting Stave Lore in DNA form if none of his attacks are magic??? Don't the staffs all give magic attack? Or am I completely misunderstanding...

I only have 3 of them, but it looks like daggers in the game are all split between physical and magic attack? Enaveldt has Dagger Amp 1.2x but is pure physical so it seems stupid to me to equip him with daggers, I want my daggers on the hybrid guardians. (plus the weapons that are focused on one type seems to have higher numbers than daggers; understandable since it's split) -__- Also what is the point of getting Stave Lore in DNA form if none of his attacks are magic??? Don't the staffs all give magic attack? Or am I completely misunderstanding...

Yea I am confused by this unit as well. Like I want treasure hunter but the rest makes little sense.

Uthred

Wish there were more ways to get free energy and that the achievements werent bugged (or are they just misleading, maybe you get the RNA evolve one only at cap?) or that they showed progress. I'd like to squeeze in another equipment pull before the reset in case rates drop.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Enaveldt is a poorly designed guardian.

Falk

that puzzling face
But I agree with you in general, the reason I quit the first game was because of the slow trickle of content updates.

The issue with the first game was it seems like it essentially was built as a complete game, then released into the wild with a semi-serviceable gacha framework tacked on. It took years (literally) for it to even hit its stride as a sufficiently engaging GaaS.

TB2 released with 3 chapters, not 30.

:|

Uthred

Also what is the point of getting Stave Lore in DNA form if none of his attacks are magic??? Don't the staffs all give magic attack?

He also has weapon mastery so you could use staves for their generally superior ranges? Maybe? Sun Rod gives normal attack IIRC, but not a huge amount.

meow

He also has weapon mastery so you could use staves for their generally superior ranges? Maybe? Sun Rod gives normal attack IIRC, but not a huge amount.

Maybe...I'm very lacking in staffs/rods so I can't compare that well. I do have a lvl 50 sun rod that does a + pattern with giga range, but the physical attack is only 32...and a lvl 50 Iwa-toshi that does 3 rows with mega range but attack of 115. Lvl 50 kappa does one column with giga range and attack of 77. The hit in damage doesn't seem worth it haha.

Kitoro

Ugh... I had two separate A rank duplicates, and fused them into each other, not realizing that it's actually the Unleash system that powers up the weapon using dupes. I wrote support, and they told me they won't help.

How sad should I feel right now?

Rixa

Ugh... I had two separate A rank duplicates, and fused them into each other, not realizing that it's actually the Unleash system that powers up the weapon using dupes. I wrote support, and they told me they won't help.

How sad should I feel right now?

Depends what kind of A rank weapons they were. If Diamond <weapon name> then nah, if something else then Iam sorry.

Look at the difference between these A rank bows that both are max unleashed & level.

Screenshot_20171005-055945.png
Screenshot_20171005-055957.png

Heng

Finished leveling my guardians and weapons or at least the ones worth leveling. It really feels like there's nothing to do in this game, especially since they just refreshed Leviathan instead of bringing a new unit to farm. It's not like I can pull more guardians or weapons to level with how infrequently they hand out energy.

They really messed up this launch, I could see a lot of casuals or f2p dropping this game. It's a shame too, the art is amazing and the combat is serviceable. TB1 was way more generous with the currency to pull and had so much more stuff to do at launch... :/

Finished leveling my guardians and weapons or at least the ones worth leveling. It really feels like there's nothing to do in this game, especially since they just refreshed Leviathan instead of bringing a new unit to farm. It's not like I can pull more guardians or weapons to level with how infrequently they hand out energy.

They really messed up this launch, I could see a lot of casuals or f2p dropping this game. It's a shame too, the art is amazing and the combat is serviceable. TB1 was way more generous with the currency to pull and had so much more stuff to do at launch... :/

Yea, it sucks. The hardcore folks are going to lose interest if they can't constantly be doing something new.

Luckily there's going to be a new event and story chapter with tonight's update, but if they can't speed it up a bit then I could see myself dropping it after a couple more weeks :-/

The lack of quests and ways to earn energy early on is really hurting the game. It helps the community a ton when there is active discussion about what people just pulled and what to do with that, and it would help reduce the down time. It may have even got more people to spend some cash as well.

I’m at 11 energy, so hopefully tomorrow I can get a few more to be able to make a pull. I just worry how long after that will it be before I am able to again.

chrono01

The lack of quests and ways to earn energy early on is really hurting the game. It helps the community a ton when there is active discussion about what people just pulled and what to do with that, and it would help reduce the down time. It may have even got more people to spend some cash as well.

I'm at 11 energy, so hopefully tomorrow I can get a few more to be able to make a pull. I just worry how long after that will it be before I am able to again.
Yeah, it's really freaking slow, especially this early on. Usually, at the start of a new gacha game, players are overwhelmed with in-game currency, not so much here. Honestly, if it weren't for all of the compensation energy we've received due to all of the errors, I probably wouldn't have had enough for a single multi-pull after the initial one for making my account. :(

Edit: Actually, scratch that. If it weren't for the compensation energy, or the first week-long beginner campaign to celebrate launch (that new accounts no longer receive), not only would I not have had enough to do another multi-pull, but I don't believe I'd even had enough to do the discounted 15 energy one.

TB1 was way more generous with the currency to pull and had so much more stuff to do at launch... :/
Eeeeeeh.......

I won't fully defend TB2, but TB1 launch (especially soft launch) was really barebone with energy.
They even needed to patch it later so that a full Chapter clear gave energy.

As for content, we had 30 chapters at launch (which were awesome and challenging), and then quickly Bahamut, Leviathan and Odin battles.

After that though: "poof" ! Slow-mode update started.

Eeeeeeh.......

I won't fully defend TB2, but TB1 launch (especially soft launch) was really barebone with energy.

As for content, we had 30 chapters at launch (which were awesome and challenging), and then quickly Bahamut, Leviathan and Odin battles.

Supposedly the content updates in TB1 come quickly now though? Or at least that's what I thought I heard.

Just rolled the gear banner for the fourth time. And got all A tiers for the third time with no magic weapons for the fourth time. RNG gods why do you give me a charater with a Peta level ability if you wont let me use it? Gacha sure gets you sometimes...

Are hidden chests on every map including synced play maps? I have Hawke DNA at Lv. 90 so he can find hidden chests on regular maps, but when I sync he's too low level to use the ability. I tried killing every single enemy on the map and then running around looking at leisure, but I couldn't find any.

Baliis

Supposedly the content updates in TB1 come quickly now though? Or at least that's what I thought I heard.

Somewhat, but like the last story chapter was over 7 months ago and the recently released Matsuno world was promised so long ago most people assumed it was never coming.

Meeps

Should I pull or wait for new banners? This is such a strange game compared to TB1. It's hard to feel any real sense of progression since you can easily make your characters overpowered for the current content.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I mean new "banner" tonight so I would wait...

chrono01

I'm tempted to do a last 15 energy pull on the weapon banner, since I only have 16 energy, but I think I'll wait to see what we get. What I'd like to see, is a one-time deal (per banner) where the energy cost is cut in half for a multi, and then after that it's full price. If not, and they don't increase the amount of earn-able energy in-game, it's going to take a month just to do a single multi-pull, and even then it might take longer than that. :(

Rixa

TB2 has shown how important rerolling is if you want to have something else than A/B stuff. As there is not much energy to grab for pulls. Also that you needed to reroll in the first few days to get those "sweet" compensation nrg (and I got atleast 6 nrg twice from achievments).

What a messed launch were most of my nrg is from compensation and I do have Z unit RNAed to 95 lvl (and 3 SS rna in mid 50's) so its not like Ive not played to get those nrg.

Heng

Eeeeeeh.......

Hmm... Weird. I must've remembered wrong, thanks for clearing that up. I definitely remember getting energy for clearing the chapters though so I must've played it when it was out for a while.

TB2 has shown how important rerolling is if you want to have something else than A/B stuff. As there is not much energy to grab for pulls. Also that you needed to reroll in the first few days to get those "sweet" compensation nrg (and I got atleast 6 nrg twice from achievments).

What a messed launch were most of my nrg is from compensation and I do have Z unit RNAed to 95 lvl (and 3 SS rna in mid 50's) so its not like Ive not played to get those nrg.
Rerolling doesn't feel necessary to clear the content but if I'd known that energy would have been hard to come by later on, I would've kept rolling til I got a Z weapon. At least my alt account has 2 SS weapons with like 5 SS characters...

Rixa

Rerolling doesn't feel necessary to clear the content but if I'd known that energy would have been hard to come by later on, I would've kept rolling til I got a Z weapon. At least my alt account has 2 SS weapons with like 5 SS characters...

True, not the content we have now (granted I did 0 Hard Levi runs). But in the future, tho thats usually why one rerolls, to get better toys for the future. My acco has 1xZ 3xSS + Samatha as units and 3x SS weapons (2x Tyrfing and 1 Dragoblade) then 2 S shields (different ones). Rest are A and between A weapons there is very high difference in quality (see the pics I posted earlier about 2 bows).

chrono01

The new Z character is Jody, and it looks like she's another Negotiator. Also, "Weapon Mastery", whatever that means. It seems strange to replace Djagos with another character with Negotiate, this time being an ice element. Maybe their plan is to rotate the banners depending on the element, but only have one Negotiator of each type per banner. Or maybe there was some sort of legal reason they had to pull Djagos, so they just replaced her with another one.

Ephidel

Or maybe they plan to let us farm Leviathan forever but they're "balancing" it by making sure we can't do that with Negotiator Jodie friends because she'll heal him and he won't die :p

chrono01

Or maybe they plan to let us farm Leviathan forever but they're "balancing" it by making sure we can't do that with Negotiator Jodie friends because she'll heal him and he won't die :p
Now that's just evil, haha. This could be the case.

I guess everyone is going to clamor for those Jodie friends now, with the new boss released. Actually, apparently Levitate is super helpful for that particular fight, so it seems like it's Xena's time to shine!

Uthred

Hmm, could really do with equipment but the new rates don't exactly appeal.

The new Z character is Jody, and it looks like she's another Negotiator. Also, "Weapon Mastery", whatever that means.

Weapon mastery lets you get the range augments from your offhand weapon, fairly handy skill.

Heng

Damn Zmey is no joke on normal, it feels like you have to
finish him off before he cast fissure
. I don't have the right guardians for this, 2 of my main guardians deal no damage to him due to type disadvantage, and the other one is the same type.

So what is the strategy for Zmey? Seems he has a ton of HP and once he starts doing the fissure skill it’s game over.

Guess I can try binging a Levi from my friends list to make it easier but then that means I can’t choose Djagos.

Edit: how can the quests still be this buggy!? Defeated Zmey and didn’t get the reward for defeating him once.

forgrim

So what is the strategy for Zmey? Seems he has a ton of HP and once he starts doing the fissure skill it’s game over.

Guess I can try binging a Levi from my friends list to make it easier but then that means I can’t choose Djagos.

Edit: how can the quests still be this buggy!? Defeated Zmey and didn’t get the reward for defeating him once.

Only easy seems to count for the quest achievement

Baliis

Did a 10 pull and pulled 4 SS units. I'll take it, 2 Leons, Po'lar, and Melba

I wonder if Cowering Glare got affected by the Hobble nerf too or if not enough people were using it for them to catch it in a nerf yet.

Edit: oof that maelstrom nerf is harsh, doesn't kill shit in MZ anymore

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually, apparently Levitate is super helpful for that particular fight, so it seems like it's Xena's time to shine!

getting tb1 main quest difficulty spike (har har) flashbacks here

edit: Actually with this update, I think I'm calling it quits as far as diligently emptying stamina goes. I don't think grinding simplistic events a grand total of 34 times to 100% event guardians (sans union) is compelling progression, and then power level progression is essentially RNGing the biggest stick you can out of a very finite gacha.

Will check back in a couple of months and if it's not possible to catch up then, I'm in it for the story which at least seems decently interesting. And if I can't beat story mode, shrug, been a nice ride.

Got 2 SS swords and a SS Dagger and a S Shield. Wish I could have gotten a better Staff but I’m not going to complain much about that pull. The swords should help Ahryu out a lot. Probably going to keep trying for equipment as that is my biggest gap at this point.

Pejo

Wasn't expecting Zmey to have such high HP. I started on Normal, and beat him without much complication, but definitely tougher than expected.

Saw the new banner and did a single 10 pull and wow, I'm pretty impressed with this one:

4 S's, a SS, and that new Z unit in a single pull.

Wasn't expecting Zmey to have such high HP. I started on Normal, and beat him without much complication, but definitely tougher than expected.

Saw the new banner and did a single 10 pull and wow, I'm pretty impressed with this one:

4 S's, a SS, and that new Z unit in a single pull.

Quick level her and be my friend lol

The art for the two new units are really good.

meow

I am running out of interesting guardians to level (3 out of the 12 I've pulled are the same, and those 3 are (that one is?) really boring) but I also am running out of weapons to level (I have 3 diamond bows but only one staff/rod, and diamond bow is apparently the crappiest bow, so hooray) and now I don't know which to pull for.

I haven't recoded anyone because I don't feel like playing coop and i don't have any medals. :/

Now that's just evil, haha. This could be the case.

I guess everyone is going to clamor for those Jodie friends now, with the new boss released. Actually, apparently Levitate is super helpful for that particular fight, so it seems like it's Xena's time to shine!

yaaay I had two xenas on my friends list.

getting tb1 main quest difficulty spike (har har) flashbacks here

edit: Actually with this update, I think I'm calling it quits as far as diligently emptying stamina goes. I don't think grinding simplistic events a grand total of 34 times to 100% event guardians (sans union) is compelling progression, and then power level progression is essentially RNGing the biggest stick you can out of a very finite gacha.

Will check back in a couple of months and if it's not possible to catch up then, I'm in it for the story which at least seems decently interesting. And if I can't beat story mode, shrug, been a nice ride.

I feel ya. I’ll check in daily for the login bonus and whatever apoloenergies they dole out and to run the metal zones for max out equipment. Only thing keeping me interested right now is whatever equipment drops Zmey has and if they are worth unleashing. I just need a far more effiecient way of defeating him.

Baliis

Man, leveling SS units so slow. Was going to level/recode my two Leons I just got but fuck lol, gonna take forever.

I think a team of Leon x2 + Levi + someone should be good ice damage. Wish I had better magic weps though. I've got like, one violet staff and one sun rod and that's pretty much it, a couple daggers

Decided to drop a bit of cash for an equipment pull and got a couple orichalcum rods and a dupe dagger to unleash with, so that should help a bit, nothing to great though.

Ironically, Zmey is easier on Hard than Normal. He’s still pretty tough mind you, and it took me about 20 minutes to beat him, but the important thing is that he doesn’t use Fissure anymore, he instead uses trample which does much less damage but paralyzes 1-2 people.

Still didn’t get the monster drop, but i did get the gold shield, so yay i guess

Baliis

Ironically, Zmey is easier on Hard than Normal. He’s still pretty tough mind you, and it took me about 20 minutes to beat him, but the important thing is that he doesn’t use Fissure anymore, he instead uses trample which does much less damage but paralyzes 1-2 people.

Still didn’t get the monster drop, but i did get the gold shield, so yay i guess

What's your team out of curiosity

Top Bottom