• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 |OT| All Hail the Gooch

Baliis

What does everyone's zmey team look like? I'm having trouble even on normal. I tried using Levi with a strong friend Levi but that's not working great. I don't have any other ice guardians (wouldn't matter if I did because I don't have enough staff/rod weapons to equip them with), should I be going for xena for levitate instead?

For normal I was using Leon, Leon, Torl'marl, Levi, Samatha, + a Djagos friend for negotiator.

meow

Does levitate even do anything on normal? He only makes the ground pits on hard.

I’ve been using Battle-R RNA + Leviathan + Torl’marl DNA for ice x2 and hobble, then bring a strong ice friend. He usually goes down on the 2nd pincer, but occasionally takes a 3rd. The combined M. Atk of those 3 ice units is ~650
Oh crap, really? lol I didn't even realize, I thought I was seeing some wide screen attack.

For normal I was using Leon, Leon, Torl'marl, Levi, Samatha, + a Djagos friend for negotiator.
I don't have any of those ice people except Leviathan :( maybe I have to DNA recode roxana, looks like she gets some ice attacks. And then find some more jacked up friends with ice guardians.

Does the drop rate for zmey itself seem any different on normal vs hard?

Not measurably. I get quite a few drops on normal. He does use an ability called Ground Stomp and Fissure on Normal, I suppose it’s possible levitate will prevent that damage, but I guess I haven’t tried it so I can’t say

Rixa

Game is up, 6 nrg compensation. Good that we are getting nrg compensations, otherwise f2p pulling would be very dry. But as for getting compensation almost daily speaks for the situation of this game :/.

chrono01

Game is up, 6 nrg compensation. Good that we are getting nrg compensations, otherwise f2p pulling would be very dry. But as for getting compensation almost daily speaks for the situation of this game :/.
Haha, yeah. I'm thankful for the energy, don't get me wrong, but when the only real source of it is via compensation, you know there's a problem (both with the rate at which the game hands it as well as the need to do so in the first place).

There's no new story chapter today right? Bare bones update it seems like, although Djagos is back on the gacha if anyone cares about that. They also fixed the raid stamina bug, so now it actually does cost 10 stamina to host, which makes me thankful I'm sitting on like 1200 medals.

Seems like raids are effectively dead now until they add a significant reward for hosting.

Decided I'm going to stick it out a bit in case they manage to turn it around. Lately I've been farming SB. There's a place in chapter 3 where you can just spam the same enemy over and over mindlessly, so I've been doing it while watching TV, or even at work. Just leave the phone open on my desk and click a button every few seconds and watch my SB go up.

I've got Djagos at about 50% and several other units above 40%. guess I'll try to hit Djagos's 100% U reward. It goes pretty slow, but I got from 27% to 40% in about a day. So maybe within a week I'll be getting close.

Decided I'm going to stick it out a bit in case they manage to turn it around. Lately I've been farming SB. There's a place in chapter 3 where you can just spam the same enemy over and over mindlessly, so I've been doing it while watching TV, or even at work. Just leave the phone open on my desk and click a button every few seconds and watch my SB go up.

I've got Djagos at about 50% and several other units above 40%. guess I'll try to hit Djagos's 100% U reward. It goes pretty slow, but I got from 27% to 40% in about a day. So maybe within a week I'll be getting close.
Where

I actually switched to chapter 2. I can grt about 4-5% SH / hour for everyone in a party. Unequip all weapons, put shop anti fire / anti earth accessories in all companion slots, and put Torl’marl and/or Ji’row in your party along with people whose sb you want to level.

Kill the 3 KO at the start then exit. I have one character who i “focus” on leveling and use the Friend character I brought along to insta kill the KO once that person skills up twice (no guardian can increase more than 0.2% in a single battle). Otherwise leave the friend out pf the chain so you can just Hobble-lock him until you get the skillups.

Usually get 0.4% - 0.6% every 5-6 minutes, multiplied by 10 is 4-6% / hour.

My Djagos is up to about 65% now

Kitoro

Damn... This game fell from 226 last week, 352 earlier this week, all the way down to 471 today in the top grossing Google Play store games. At this rate, it won't even chart (the top grossing chart ends at 520th place) by the end of the weekend.

I don't hold much hope for a recovery at this point. :( I'll continue to log in and burn the apology energy when it comes in to see what I get, but I think they're going to kill this rather than invest in more content, since there's almost no content to stand on as it is, over 3 weeks into launch.

chrono01

Damn... This game fell from 226 last week, 352 earlier this week, all the way down to 471 today in the top grossing Google Play store games. At this rate, it won't even chart (the top grossing chart ends at 520th place) by the end of the weekend.

I don't hold much hope for a recovery at this point. :( I'll continue to log in and burn the apology energy when it comes in to see what I get, but I think they're going to kill this rather than invest in more content, since there's almost no content to stand on as it is, over 3 weeks into launch.
Yeah, the most I can see them doing is trying to encourage players to transition over to the original TB1 by offering them some sort of compensation to switch over (characters, energy?) and closing down TB2. Gacha games live and die by their launch, and while some are successful even after a rough release (such as F/GO), they usually have a strong IP to fall back on which Terra Battle doesn't have.

Honestly, the biggest mistake with this game, aside from the lack of content, was making Guardians nothing more than abilities. I don't know why they didn't attach stats to them as well, where they could have easily done the same with both Guardians and Equipment, and gave value to each. Since Guardians are more-or-less useless (aside from abilities), as the focus seems to be on weapons, people don't feel that sense of satisfaction when they pull something good. It's like "Yay, I got a new Guardian!" and then realizing they're essentially meaningless, since you have nothing to equip on them. It also makes the process of leveling them even more monotonous, since their stats don't increase with each level up.

In F/GO, they do have characters and Craft Essences (essentially, what you equip on Servants to increase their stats a bit, as well as give them some sort of buff) in their gacha, but at least the Servants themselves have base stats that increase as you level them in addition to unique abilities. In TB2, you only get those abilities. Needing to pull something useful from BOTH sides of the gacha (Guardians and Equipment) to get any use of either is just frustrating.

I'm not saying TB2 is dead...but it's not looking good for the game. Unless they do something drastic to keep players (no, more compensation isn't the answer, they need to change how the game plays) they're just going to keep bleeding players.

They could probably pull something like FF14 off. I’m just curious how they thought the game was even ok to release in this state. Why didn’t someone block the launch until this shit was sorted out? Or just cancel the game altogether. A terrible launch will now affect people’s faith in any subsequent games they launch too.

I really wish it were possible to just sit down with Sakaguchi and have a candid conversation about wtf happened. Is this Silicon Studio fault, Mistwalker, something else?

I don’t think he will kill the game off because that puts into jeopardy the company’s entire future. I do think it might be wise to *temporarily* shut it down until they can get everything sorted out, then relaunch with a new name and new marketing campaign, or something.

At this point I just want to get Djagos’ 100% U reward because fuck it, and at that point I’ll be done if they haven’t sorted it out

Kitoro

I think the scariest thing about Mistwalker's approach with Terra Battle 2 was their decision to launch the game with only a week's worth of content, in full assumption that money would roll in to fund the development of weekly content updates.

With Terra Battle 1, they knew they needed a finished product with months worth of content up-front in order to make a splash and find success, and with the sequel, they got bullheaded and figured the players would pay post-launch for the game's actual development alongside the progression of the players. That could have worked, if the menus and Quality of Life features we've grown accustomed to from the original, and most other mobile games, weren't broken or missing at launch.

Even then, the horrible map system may have been enough on its own to drive players away.

Bad, bad moves.

Falk

that puzzling face
touchscreen dragging on a TB-style grid for 'overworld movement' is as bad an idea as thumbstick aiming for fps

The map system could be good if:

1. You only drag 1 character, the rest aren’t displayed. That implies deleting all the magnetism stuff

2. No time limit.

3. Invisible Random encounters

4. Equipment, field skills, or field items that decrease the encounter rate.

5. Each map has a unique rare spawn, similar to an NM in FF11, that drops unique equipment

6. Stuff to do other than kill shit. Eg put a shop in the middle of a map, or make quests that require going around various maps completing requirements.

7. Make maps cost stamina

8. Possible for normal energy to spawn at treasure points

I finally installed a vpn and made a US account to dl this game but I still have the message saying it's not available for my device. I managed to get the fate game though :(
How can i know the system requirement for an app on android?

Rixa

I finally installed a vpn and made a US account to dl this game but I still have the message saying it's not available for my device. I managed to get the fate game though :(
How can i know the system requirement for an app on android?

Is APK no go for you?
Cause with apk you don't need any vpn stuff.

Rixa

Yea but will i get the update like a regular app downloaded from the store?

Not from store, you need to download new apk. But thats a small hassle, Puzzle and Dragons had same thing for me. Everytime (very often) version was updated during my 400 days of playing I had to download new apk, when it was released. Usually quite fast after or even during maintenance.

Not from store, you need to download new apk. But thats a small hassle, Puzzle and Dragons had same thing for me. Everytime (very often) version was updated during my 400 days of playing I had to download new apk, when it was released. Usually quite fast after or even during maintenance.

Also client updates are pretty rare, usually it just downloads new data from within app, don’t need new app for that

Kitoro

And poof, TB2's fallen off the top grossing 540 apps on Google Play. :(

I don't think TB1 has ever fallen past the top 540 until TB2 was announced, and now they're both gone. :\

I think the only thing that could save TB2, or rally people back to TB1, would be a major collaboration with, say Final Fantasy, or at least the usual gacha collaboration IPs like King of Fighters, Hatsune Miku, Attack on Titan, Fairy Tale, Blaze Blue, or Persona.

It definitely needs a boost from another IP to catch some more attention.

chrono01

Impossible with the score and bad launch rap.
Not in the current oversaturated mobage world.

This will end up another TB1.
Probable improvement ending up with decent gameplay, but 0 growth.
Pretty much this.

I've resigned myself to daily logins and the odd spending of stamina on metal runs and that's about it. I can honestly see myself moving on similar to how I did with TB1 if things don't improve soon, I just have way too many gacha games on my phone that give me a much better experience. I'll give it some time, though I'm not too optimistic.

Kitoro

This will end up another TB1.

It wishes it could end up another TB1.

TB1 at least made money. It was pulling in well over over half a million a month in its heyday between iOS and Google Play, and still pulled in a cool six figures in revenue last month.

This will never even likely break six figures in any given month, ever.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hi guys
tCQRVtB.jpg

Vamphuntr

Not really surprising. The game has tons of issues and they can't really fix them with simple updates. It's noticeably a worse game than Terra Battle 1 and not just because Terra Battle 1 is older with more content.

Terra Battle 2 problems:
-Controls issues
-Lacks Tutorials
-Double Gacha (both weapons and guardians needs to be pulled)
-Bad designs (the whole map system doesn't work with character getting splits because of controls issues and waves of monsters appearing out of thin air)
- Broken Progression (they made Z unit and recoding available from day 1 which came later in TB1 and some people were already level 85+ on day 2)
-Lacks content (they don't even add chapters weekly now)
-Emergency Maintenances

Not really surprising. The game has tons of issues and they can't really fix them with simple updates. It's noticeably a worse game than Terra Battle 1 and not just because Terra Battle 1 is older with more content.

Terra Battle 2 problems:
-Controls issues
-Lacks Tutorials
-Double Gacha (both weapons and guardians needs to be pulled)
-Bad designs (the whole map system doesn't work with character getting splits because of controls issues and waves of monsters appearing out of thin air)
- Broken Progression (they made Z unit and recoding available from day 1 which came later in TB1 and some people were already level 85+ on day 2)
-Lacks content (they don't even add chapters weekly now)
-Emergency Maintenances

#5 isn't really an issue in my mind. Power Creep happens in every game, all they have to do is introduce ZZ, or Z+ units, or U units, or whatever. Introducing more power is easy. The rest of the stuff though, yea it's lame as hell.

Kitoro

#5 isn't really an issue in my mind. Power Creep happens in every game, all they have to do is introduce ZZ, or Z+ units, or U units, or whatever. Introducing more power is easy. The rest of the stuff though, yea it's lame as hell.

That's the thing, though. It's not satisfying to power up when there's no content to enjoy newfound power on. Endgame character/equipment progression is available to us before there's even an actual game to endgame on.

Pejo

That's the thing, though. It's not satisfying to power up when there's no content to enjoy newfound power on. Endgame character/equipment progression is available to us before there's even an actual game to endgame on.

I still think it was a huge mistake to nerf screen-wide moves. Not only for the fact that it was was less fun to use a bunch of the units, but also because it sets a precedent where they can just go in and completely nerf something to oblivion without warning. I wouldn't have farmed 100% on Leviathan if I saw how bad he sucked after the nerf.

See my Zmey which sits at around 15% before I gave up.

Double gacha and the gameplay/movement are the two biggest damning points for me. The actual battling is fun, but that world map section stuff sucks. Also, basic features like sort still don't work and there are still a ton of glitches.

And for a game struggling right now, the login rewards fucking blow.

Rixa

So today is the day we get compensation to various things. Game is still in trash state and Iam not sure this maintenance will change anything. We just get a lot of nrg to pull for B guardians and A weapons.

Compensation news here

1. As compensation for the Guardian skill changes on October 6, we will send 90 Normal Energy and a ticket that can be used to forge a Pact with a Guardian that is S Class or above to all players. (This compensation includes the announced 30 Normal Energy, plus an additional 60 Normal Energy and 1 Pact ticket.)

** This compensation will apply to all players who have an active Terra Battle 2 account during the next maintenance update for the compensation.

Updated on 10/17:
■Regarding the date of compensation
We plan to distribute the above compensation during the maintenance on October 18.

We appreciate your understanding and support, and will do our utmost to continue providing an enjoyable play experience.

We hope you enjoy your journey across Terra!

The Terra Battle 2 Team

Also maybe we get more stuff from unclaimed achievments.

■Regarding unresolved issues surrounding achievements
We have been investigating multiple unresolved issues surrounding the display of in-game achievements and the receipt of their rewards. We understand that achievements are important to our players and apologize for the trouble caused by these issues.

To further our investigation, we will temporarily disable achievements. At the same time, we will provide players with the completion reward from every achievement in the game, regardless of whether they have previously completed each achievement or not.

730 days login achievement is 30 nrg (or something).
I guess I will pull weapons for boredom.

As Pejo said, they really need to tweak daily logins to get people to log in. Or introduce new logins to go with old ones.

Rixa

I was too good to get achievements and "only" got 288 nrg as compensation.
Long list of fixes in news.

Oh there is 90 + nrg in 2nd page. Heh 380 nrg :D

2 Pact tickets = 2 x S
50 unit pulls = SS Melba, 3 S, rest AB
70 EQ pulls = Few SS and S,

0 Z, rates are trashy. Luckily I got some SS as dupe pulls but yeah don't expect miracles in 100 pulls, I have 27 nrg left.

Edit: Sort option is still grey, blah this game.

Got a z class spear and staff and a ton of A and S class equipment dupes. Got a S class healer with my pact tickets. Will probably spend some time leveling this new equipment and then seee where this game goes.

Got a Z spear, Z armor, 5 or 6 SS weapons and armor, and a ton of other stuff.

One sorely needed improvement is Union rewards for equipment, otherwise it’s all trash

Faiz

Only recently started playing - can't even log in this morning because iOS App Store says I'm updated, but the TB2 client disagrees.

I've closed all apps and restarted my device. No dice. Just an endless loop of "a new version is available" which links to the App Store which only says "open", instead of "update".

Any ideas?

SephLuis

I just went from 4 Energy to 391 with all the apologies lol

Any chances they can send all this to TB1 ? It would be better used there, that's for sure.

Rixa

I did use all my nrg, why bother waiting, its mostly crap anyways. Plus the small thing I got help me now (grinding slowly metal dungeon).

Used 120 Energy (even though I know it's better to wait for a rate up banner) to see if it would renew my interest in the game. It really did nothing for me, sadly. All the new equipment I got just means I need to grind a ton to level up and unleash them, etc. and I don't find the grind particularly fun unlike other gacha games I'm currently playing. :(

Top Bottom