• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 |OT| All Hail the Gooch

Skulldead

The movement on the map is fukken ugh on small devices. I feel like the screen shifts too early when you drag to move as well. It would be nice if the formation defaulted to a line too.

It nearly unplayable on my Galaxy Tab device, this is really not fun at all. I like a lot more the old format...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I made it more bearable by only "dragging" a little ahead of my leader, this makes it slower and more manageable but the finger occlusion is still a huge problem. Going all the way to the edge of the screen just makes it freak out.

Haly

Quick guide on reddit on rerolling: https://www.reddit.com/r/TerraBattle/comments/71hrch/some_things_to_note_about_rerolling/

1. You can basically get to the end of zone 1 with only 1 battle. Kill the orbling boss the instant he pops out. Read 7 to learn how to cheese zone 1.

2. You get 5 ReAct items when you start out. You can basically expand 1 or 2 to make a mad dash towards the finish line by using Re-Act and Story triggers. I suggest you ignore items overall if you're rolling.

3. Story boss in zone 2 ends when you pincer the boss after killing all the mobs. You can drag mobs into its line of fire.

4. Before you even step into zone 1, level Samatha to the point she gets her 3 attacks and equip her on Sarah. Makes fights much easier.

5.You can basically reroll by uninstall -> install. You need to download data again. Probably can be abridged by other means. Yes, it also means you need to redo the tutorial.

6.All three bosses have an easy pattern to deal with. Just know Spear = Up/Down and Sword = Right/Left.

7. Resetting energy cost for first two zones (as I know, dunno bout the rest) is 0. This gives you a free turn back.
Equipment is also on the gacha if you look below. I suggest a Z roll with at least SS or S's.

Good luck y'all.
Edit: Efficiency report
Rerolling basically takes ~10-15 minutes.
60 energy should be the goal.
5 energy from log-in achievement.
3 energy from log-in campaign.
50 starting out.
1 from hidden cave to the left in zone 1. (there's a hidden passageway)
and 1 from beating zone 1.
8. From the thread and my own observation as well, you don't need to finish Chapter 2. Just exist after unlocking tree dude and roll.

I'm really not sure how to feel about this game yet. I enjoyed what I played in TB1, but the fun factor in TB2 hasn't "clicked" with me yet. I will give it more time though.

Pejo

Got some Z class named Chirol, a big mecha head looking guy....and literally everything else was B's.

ehhhhhhhh.........not sure what to do.

There's a lot of strange design choices in TB2 which puzzle me.
Can you post which ones ?
I do get the map movement sensitivity thing, but it's more of a technical issue they'll most probably patch it up because of complaints.

Else though, after 3 years of TB1, I think they got most of it right.

I mean, they could eventually fuck it all up with crappy future content or powercreep or whatever, but we'll see then.

Another thing that is clear as mud at first:

when you first roll some weapons, it'll look like none of them have move area modifiers (like the one on Sarah's Sword). You'll probably think this is bogus since even an S weapon won't have it. Well, weapons do get areas of effect... once you level them up some.

So once again, hit up easy metal orbs, make sure to kill a few before they run, and get some levels on your weapons. Everything will get an area of effect when you do.

Sorian

Banned
Can you post which ones ?
I do get the map movement sensitivity thing, but it's more of a technical issue they'll most probably patch it up because of complaints.

Else though, after 3 years of TB1, I think they got most of it right.

I mean, they could eventually fuck it all up with crappy future content or powercreep or whatever, but we'll see then.

The map has a lot of issues past the sensitivity. The characters splitting up if they happen to scrape against an edge when you are only controlling one tile. The fact that the enemies can get into perfect formation for their battle starts but the best you can do is move your blob slightly closer (and adding the sensitivity issue here, you can push an enemy out of the battle square with just a slight over correction).

The maps are also just hilariously big while being so bare. Oh boy, another long stretch of land with garbage stone dragons that will wake up and get a free turn to start combat before I can. I got into Terra Battle so late that I felt overwhelmed with getting the best stuff and eventually dropped it because of that but at least it was fun, map traversal in this is such a chore.

Neo-Ryudo

so i've finished all the story, so far, had a great time, the world map can be abit janky but other than that its alot of fun.

getting too close to the petrified enemies causes them to awaken and can put you in some hella sticky situations. Love the dialogue between the characters and whilst ive not managed to beat it yet the Co-op area is pretty cool with up to 10 people at a time fighting.

has anyone gotten any decent from Leviathan yet like a companion or something?

i TB1 you could use him on your team.

Quixzlizx

Maybe Terra Battle 1 is better, or maybe this just isn't the gameplay system for me, but I'm sick of the game a third of the way through the chapter 1 map.

Not even taking to account the crummy map movement, every battle I've fought either had me essentially one-shotting the enemy group, or having 20 enemies somehow move across half the map to dogpile me at once.

chrono01

The map would have been fine, it's the over-abundance of all of the enemies there that pose the frustration, not to mention the sensitivity of moving as well as constantly separating yourself from your teammates when you bump into the least little thing.

Initially, I liked the idea, then I played it. At least there's a chance that they'll take the criticism into account and design the maps in the future that are a little less cumbersome. They really need to fix the feel of movement, though.

Meeps

This has been pretty disappointing so far. The map was a cool idea on paper, but I miss the carefully crafted battles with specific enemy placement. I'll push through to see the story, but I doubt I'll spend time rerolling.

Quonny

So apparently the beginning characters aren't in your pool if you unequip them?

Removed the healer, realized I didn't have a healer, and he's gone. So...gg?

Meeps

This confused me too! You have to unequip their guardian to get it back.

chrono01

I finally got a Z-class character (Xena), but it wasn't the one I wanted. She does have Levitation though (super helpful, if the original TB is any indication), as well as Treasure Hunter (should help with farming). She's a bow unit too, which there seems to be a rarity of so far.

Along with her, I only got one other SS character, that being Zumbra (looks to be a mixed attacker). I also have 3x S-class characters along with it, as well as 5x A-class. One of the A-class is a healer (Tuttra), so hopefully he'll be able to carry me until I pull something better. I have a nice mix of types (melee/ranged/magic) and a healer, so I might stick with this.

I wonder if they reduced the map movement speed by 50% and increased the time to move by 50% that would be better? Or maybe 25% both ways or somewhere in the middle.

I'm not sure what you mean. Each character has a default Guardian if they have none equipped; these don't show up in the Guardian roster, because leveling them doesn't actually give any benefit.

This has been pretty disappointing so far. The map was a cool idea on paper, but I miss the carefully crafted battles with specific enemy placement. I'll push through to see the story, but I doubt I'll spend time rerolling.

FWIW, the Leviathan event plays much more like TB1. I get the impression events like that will be more in the vein of the first game.

That said, I still think the maps are fine, even with the enemy density; the ability to reposition foes just means you can build some truly crazy chains and unleash hell.

And I think people need to remember: you don't need to finish a chapter in one sitting. In fact I think you aren't expected to.

edit: Also I know it's the first day but people need to start getting good at co-op, this snake needs to die
emot-argh.gif

Haly

I wonder if they reduced the map movement speed by 50% and increased the time to move by 50% that would be better? Or maybe 25% both ways or somewhere in the middle.

This or... A virtual "joystick" at the lower center of the screen, with movement = time consumed and not just limited time so you can actually think about things.

Amneisac

2 changes things up enough from 1 that there's a good chance you'll find 2 off-putting, as many in here have.

Count me among them. I liked one as a casual player and I this seems to run worse, add more confusing game systems, and change the puzzle/combat/grid aspects to make it less fun.

Zanzura

I love it when a metal orbling group attacks my party, "Hey, here's 2 pointless loading screens so you can watch me run off!" Thanks, I didn't want to fight you assholes anyway. They couldn't make these things passive or something? Just seems like a total waste of time to have them be aggressive because there's literally nothing you can do, early on anyway.

I love it when a metal orbling group attacks my party, "Hey, here's 2 pointless loading screens so you can watch me run off!" Thanks, I didn't want to fight you assholes anyway. They couldn't make these things passive or something? Just seems like a total waste of time to have them be aggressive because there's literally nothing you can do, early on anyway.

The point is that if you get close enough to let them attack you without engaging them yourself, they run away and you don't get to kill them for their bonus XP.

Zanzura

The point is that if you get close enough to let them attack you without engaging them yourself, they run away and you don't get to kill them for their bonus XP.

The thing is, if I want exp, I'll do the metal quest instead, I don't care to fight a tiny group of them in the story for little gain in comparison, they just exist to waste your time currently.

Izuna

Banned
Wait this game ain't out yet how are yall playing.

I think I got halfway through chapter 4 on the first game? Should I skip the first and go to this then?

duckroll

Fuck. Rolled 10 and got no S or SS or Z. Just As and Bs. I'm one energy away from another 10x roll, if I don't get anything from that later today, I'm going to spend all weekend rerolling.... lmao.

Heng

Ohhh, OP had the link. Cool.

edit: nvm, it says No eligible devices for app install... ;S
You might be able to still install the app through a third party app (qooapp is the popular one I believe).

My party so far (1 SS, 2 S with one being a healer and the other one a wind mage):

Not going to bother with rerolling, it's a pain in the ass. I dropped the first game after a year, so this game is pretty refreshing to come back to. The world map/chapter map is really unpolish and I find myself running into walls or immovable targets.

thefro

Game keeps crashing every few battles on android.

Slow loading and I agree that the movement mechanics on the world map aren't very good on a phone.

I do like the intro and the music (a lot of which is remixed from the first game). Seems like the story is a little more coherent than the first.

Einherjar

What's the latest on the PC version?

Did a run on Android but this reroll is gonna kill me. I think I'll wait for PC version before doing the reset marathon.

Haly

I try turning off the wifi and then turning it back on, as well as closing the app.

On iOS I had a repeated connection issue on log-on and I think it's because I didn't allowed TB2 to send notifications when I was prompted for it. I had to reinstall to fix the issue.

Top Bottom