• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terry Crews building a gaming PC after finding Battlefield 1 fun

KAP151

Everytime I see/read about Terry, he seems to be one of the coolest, most down to earth people.

Good on him for starting up something he can share with his son.

I hope he has a blast.

Good I already liked Terry in the past but now with this I like him even more, it's so cool to see that he is not only a cool person but also doing this for his son shows how much he loves him awesome, amazing Terry I wish that more dads were like you

cripterion

This build is pretty nice, I have the Z97 Mark 1 Sabertooth, it's a great line of motherboards. I picked up the same CPU cooler too about a month ago to replace an H75.
Agree with others, who cares about his score in the BF1 event, building computers is fun, playing Battlefield too. I look forward to doing the same with my son once he's in age of doing it.

Ploid 3.0

This talk reminds me of "Slave Drive." Not saying to get over it, or anything insensitive, thinking about it, it really seems like a ugly phrase even without the context of the nazi use for it.

I vote to drop this discussion and move back to computer talk without that part.

Edit: I like how well trained that dog was. My dog does what he wants :(, I would like to just keep him from barking at anything that moves.

Momentary

Banned
Something that was so awesome is now turning into some off topic bullshit about a phrase.

So stupid. Get this crap out of my Terry Crews thread.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Every single PC thread. Every single one. SMH.

Good on Terry. What an overall awesome dude. I'll be rewatching The Expendables this weekend in his honor :)

krang

*sticks fingers in ears*

lalalalalalala

Whatever. Feels good to be outraged (for some people) I suppose.

They are proven wrong, but insist on being stubborn because...pride, maybe?

Who else here thought it was ever a Nazi reference???? It was always a semi-amusing joke from ZP, nothing more.

They are proven wrong, but insist on being stubborn because...pride, maybe?

Who else here thought it was ever a Nazi reference???? It was always a semi-amusing joke from ZP, nothing more.

Quite frankly, whenever I think of someone building their PC, I think of the Nazis building their war machine.

Seriously though, love Terry.

Dunkley

Terry Crews is a national treasure.

who is terry crews and why should i care he is building a PC?

Because you're reading a thread called "Terry Crews building a gaming PC after finding Battlefield 1 fun" so chances are you can best explain that yourself.

Well, he's got some cash so he won't mind buying a new one when that razer mouse crumbles in his hands in 6-8 months.

Time to git gud Terry.

Makikou

Terry Crews definetly goes to the "just cool as hell dudes" category where The Rock and Statham are. Love the man on Brooklyn Nine-Nine btw.

Nzyme32

Seems he did pick up a Vive. Nice. Seems he knows what he can do with a monster machine. Anyway, great way for a Dad to get involved with a hobby his son likes

Did he actually say "PC Master Race" or are you labelling that personally? It's a terrible designation for anyone and I don't think anyone on GAF really enjoys hearing it either.

He's laughing when he says it, so I assume he's in on the joke, unlike the serious nature through which people here use it in conversation and dissection for "platform wars" and arguments to be dismissive. As usual, I don't think I've ever seen a PC player on this forum use it in a serious context

Dremark

Banned
and the Rock, John Cena and Stone Cold. all seem like good peeps.

Stone Cold was arrested for beating his ex-wife and pleaded no contest.

Not exactly the type of person I'd call good.

Because you're reading a thread called "Terry Crews building a gaming PC after finding Battlefield 1 fun" so chances are you can best explain that yourself.

I checked the thread because I had no idea who the guy was. Anyway as far as the topic at hand goes a lot of people pointed out he did horrible in the game but I'll give the guy credit for not letting that hold him back.

I'm pretty sure the original joke is a Nazi reference.

krang

I'm pretty sure the original joke is a Nazi reference.

I just looked it up, and I'll be damned, so it was.

I saw that Zero Punctuation video, and always thought (with the imagery) it was an ironic representation of some Greek gods, more than anything. I'm actually quite pleased I had to be told that something was a reference to Nazis.

Lol. Terry Crews is an awesome dude and a bad-ass dad who does something fun for his kids, but instead Gaf decided to ague about a Nazi joke from 2008. Wow.

Fury451

Banned
He says it in the video.
He also says he's gonna play Uncharted 4 on it, which confused me.

If anyone could find a way to play Uncharted 4 on a PC, it would be Terry Crews.

I think this is a really cool thing he's doing for his son, always seems like such a cool, high energy dude

Top Bottom