• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 annouced (360/PS3/PC)

Did TDU1 have proper steering wheel support? That's something I'm worried about with this one, isn't there more of a sims/lifestyle kind of thing in this one? Or is that just what the trailers would have me believe?

RotBot

Neuromancer said:
Did TDU1 have proper steering wheel support? That's something I'm worried about with this one, isn't there more of a sims/lifestyle kind of thing in this one? Or is that just what the trailers would have me believe?
The TDU2 beta works fine with a G27.

Dennis

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Fuck yeah, manual gear and manual clutch.

Played the game with the G25 wheel, H-shift and pedals.

jorma said:
oh the beta is up? Since when? I applied for a spot but then never heard anything.. :X
Its been on for months. I'm in it. The problem is they only put it up for like a day or two a week, so I'm almost never able to play. I might've played it for only an hour or so at most.

Neuromancer said:

Wheel support was fine in TDU1. I had to really dial in the settings for it to work well on the MS Steering Wheel on the PC version because the MS Wheel has only 240 degrees of rotation, and TDU1 by default is really made for 900 degrees of rotation. I have a DF GT now though so it probably should work even better.

I played a ton of TDU 1 with a wheel and I think my driving technique improved to the point where its transferred over to Forza 3 and GT5. I can pickup a racing game and be semi-decent with a wheel and no assists. My brothers on the other hand are just smashing into the walls or going into the grass all the time.

jorma

is now taking requests
infinityBCRT said:
Its been on for months. I'm in it. The problem is they only put it up for like a day or two a week, so I'm almost never able to play. I might've played it for only an hour or so at most.

Ah ok. So.. is it any good?

Dilly

Banned
Neuromancer said:

Yeah, it was awesome.

The game forced you to use flappy pedals in cars that had them and manual gearbox in cars that had a manual gearbox when you used a G25/27

I didn't think it was necessary to make a new thread, if it is, do it, but the Car List has been revealed today. It's a strange one. No BMW, no Lamborghini, tenthousandmillion Bugatti Veyron's.

See for yourself:

AC 427

Alfa Roméo/Fiat Brera Italia Independent

Alfa Roméo/Fiat MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde

Alfa Roméo/Fiat 8c Spider

Alfa Roméo/Fiat Delta integrale evoluzione

Ariel Atom 300 Supercharged

Ascari A10

Ascari KZ1 R Limited Edition

Aston Martin DBS Carbon Black Edition

Aston Martin V12 Vantage Carbon Black Edition

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe

Aston Martin DBS Coupe

Aston Martin DB9 Volante

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Aston Martin One-77

Audi RS 5 Coupé

Audi Q7 V12 TDI quattro – TDU2 Inuit Edition

Audi Q7 V12 TDI quattro

Audi R8 Coupé 5.2 FSI quattro

Audi RS 6 Avant

Audi S3

Audi S5 Coupé

Audi TTS Coupé

Audi TT RS Roadster

Audi R8 Spyder 5.2 FSI quattro

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Sang Bleu

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Centenaire

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport

Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport

Caterham CSR 260

Catheram Superlight R500

Chevrolet Camaro Synergy Special Edition

CITROËN 2 CV

Dodge Charger SRT8

Dodge Viper SRT10

Ginetta F400

Ferrari 612 Sessanta

Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano China Edition

Ferrari 308 GTS Quattrovalvole

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Ferrari California

Ferrari Dino 246 GTS

Ferrari Enzo

Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

Ferrari Scuderia Spider 16M

Ferrari 599 GTO

Ferrari FXX "Evoluzione"

Ferrari 458 Italia

Ford Shelby GT500

Ford Mustang Fastback

Ford GT

Ford Mustang GT

General Motors Chevrolet Camaro 2SS ou Camaro SS

General Motors Hummer H3

General Motors Chevrolet Camaro LT

General Motors Corvette C1

GUMPERT apollo sport

Jaguar XKR Speed Pack and Black Pack

Jaguar D-type

Jaguar E-TYPE

Jaguar XKR

Koenigsegg CCXR Edition

Land Rover - Range Rover Sport

Lotus 2-Eleven

Lotus Esprit S3

Lotus Evora

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Roadster 722s

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Stirling Moss

McLaren MP4-12C

Mercedes 300 SL GullWing

Mercedes-Benz CLK 63 AMG Black Series

Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG

Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

Nissan 370Z Optional Parts

Nissan 370Z

Nissan GT-R

Pagani Zonda Tricolore

Pagani Zonda Cinque

Pagani Zonda F

Pagani Zonda Roadster F

Pagani Zonda C12S Roadster

RUF RGT

RUF Rturbo

RUF Rt 12

RUF RK Spyder

SHELBY COBRA “DAYTONA” COUPE®

Spyker C12 Zagato

Spyker D8 Peking-to-Paris

Spyker C8 Aileron

Spyker C8 Aileron Spyder

Subaru Impreza WRX STI Sedan

TVR Sagaris

VolksWagen Beetle

VolksWagen Golf(6) GTI

VolksWagen Touareg V10 TDI

WIESMANN ROADSTER MF3

Dynoro

I hope that's just the initial list; not the full one (and that there's no pre-order only cars) as that seems rather short

Dynoro said:
I hope that's just the initial list; not the full one (and that there's no pre-order only cars) as that seems rather short

It should be the final list. It's on Facebook, so you know.

Test Drive Unlimited 2
Official list of cars is now available, click on the Car List tab and see them now!

That's what their Facebook page said. So I hope Lambo's and BMW will be DLC or something, because I loved my pink/green Murcielago in TDU.

SolidSnakex said:
Surprised that Ferrari is in. EA must've really pissed them off.
Ferrari was in the last TDU...

:lol :lol :lol They brought in the WRX STi but not the Evo 10 ... :lol Suck it, Mitsubishi!

Dynoro

Pizza Luigi said:
It should be the final list. It's on Facebook, so you know.

That's what their Facebook page said. So I hope Lambo's and BMW will be DLC or something, because I loved my pink/green Murcielago in TDU.
Damn shame as it just doesn't look very exhaustive at all and it will be a shame to miss all the Lambos and the change of style they bring. If memory serves the DLC support was quite good with TDU so maybe it will be packed after release

Cuban Legend said:
Ferrari was in the last TDU...

It wasn't released onthe PS3 though and Ferrari's weren't in the PS2 or PSP versions of the game. The whole situation with super cars licenses on consoles is very strange. Ferrari is the one that causes the most confusion because no one really understands how they spread out their license. NFS Shift had Ferrari's but only in the 360 version while Hot Pursuit doesn't Ferrari's at all. As amar said, while TDU2 has Ferrari's it'll be interesting to see if they're in all versions of the game as no multiplatform racer this gen has Ferrari's in all versions.

Dead Man

SolidSnakex said:
It wasn't released onthe PS3 though and Ferrari's weren't in the PS2 or PSP versions of the game. The whole situation with super cars licenses on consoles is very strange. Ferrari is the one that causes the most confusion because no one really understands how they spread out their license. NFS Shift had Ferrari's but only in the 360 version while Hot Pursuit doesn't Ferrari's at all. As amar said, while TDU2 has Ferrari's it'll be interesting to see if they're in all versions of the game as no multiplatform racer this gen has Ferrari's in all versions.
GT5 has Ferraris, so I believe all platforms have Ferrari. They should be there unless PD has some PS3 exclusivity.

Dead Man said:
GT5 has Ferraris, so I believe all platforms have Ferrari. They should be there unless PD has some PS3 exclusivity.

That's what we don't know. We know that MS has exclusivity of the license on the 360 but we don't know if Sony has that on the PS3. If TDU2 has Ferrari's on all platforms then something strange is going on with the license considering that Hot Pursuit doesn't have them at all.

Dead Man

SolidSnakex said:
That's what we don't know. We know that MS has exclusivity of the license on the 360 but we don't know if Sony has that on the PS3. If TDU2 has Ferrari's on all platforms then something strange is going on with the license considering that Hot Pursuit doesn't have them at all.
Ah, gotcha.

Pizza Luigi said:
I didn't think it was necessary to make a new thread, if it is, do it, but the Car List has been revealed today. It's a strange one. No BMW, no Lamborghini, tenthousandmillion Bugatti Veyron's.

See for yourself:
Veyron Super Sport is a fucking retailer pre-order exclusive for Walmart :(.

I don't even know if the Canadian Walmart has that deal or not.

Sucks thats theres no Lamborghinis. But if you put a gun to my head I'd rather have Ferrari and Porsche over Lamborghinis because those cars handle much better.

SolidSnakex said:
Another reason why I play TDU and will play TDU 2 on PC.

SolidSnakex said:
My guess would be that Criterion didn't want to piss off PS3 users by having exclusive Ferraris for 360.

DonMigs85

Gonna wait till Feb to see how this turns out - if it ain't so hot I'll get NFS instead.
I promised myself that after GT5, I would only buy 1 more racer this gen.

amar212

Here is my personal recap, I find it the most plausible when you analyze the past praxis:

Ferrari:
- multiplatform rights are used only in Outrun games (Sega) and were seen in 2008 GRID
- PS3 license users are Polyphony Digital (Gran Turismo series, Ferrari Licensed Product) and System 3 (Ferrari Challenge/Supercar Challenge games, also FLP)
- System 3 also used their license for Wii version of Ferrari Chellenge game in 2008.
- Codemasters were granted rights to use F1'10 as included in FOM license for F12010 game
- Codemasters also had rights to release Ferrari F430 GTC and Ferrari F575 GTC on PS3 add-on for GRID
- Polyphony get special rights to use both F12007 and F1'10 cars due to special license from Ferrari (Ferrari being only F1 team that have lease to use their license rghts outside of FOM/Concorde boundaries of FOM-approval licensing)
- Microsoft have some kind of "master license" for Ferrari on X360 and grants it to their developers based on title (Project Gotham Racing, Forza Motorsport)
- on PC almost noone OFFICIALY uses Ferrari since 2007 and GTR2 game which used only racing models, probably inside general FIA-license. Ferraris were excluded from 2008 GTR Evolution game (made available only as "mod skins" later.
- have no idea under which license Eden Games got their usage for the TDU

Porsche:
- console multiplatform rights are owned exclusively by Electronic Arts
- Microsoft have some kind of "master license" for Porsche on X360 and grants it to their developers based on title (Project Gotham Racing, Forza Motorsport)
- Codemasters also had rights to use few Porsche models on both PS3/X360 GRID
- at this moment only EA has rights to deploy Porsche in their games on PS3
- on PC almost noone OFFICIALY uses Porsche since 2007 and GTR2 game which used only racing models, probably inside general FIA-license. Porsches were excluded from 2008 GTR Evolution game (made available only as "mod skins" later).

Lamborghini:
- made available to all developers, license probably granted inside global Volkswagen license

My personal conclusion:

If you pay enough, you can have whatever you want.

amar212 said:
Here is my personal recap, I find it the most plausible when you analyze the past praxis:

Ferrari:
- multiplatform rights are used only in Outrun games (Sega) and were seen in 2008 GRID
- PS3 license users are Polyphony Digital (Gran Turismo series, Ferrari Licensed Product) and System 3 (Ferrari Challenge/Supercar Challenge games, also FLP)
- System 3 also used their license for Wii version of Ferrari Chellenge game in 2008.
- Codemasters were granted rights to use F1'10 as included in FOM license for F12010 game
- Codemasters also had rights to release Ferrari F430 GTC and Ferrari F575 GTC on PS3 add-on for GRID
- Polyphony get special rights to use both F12007 and F1'10 cars due to special license from Ferrari (Ferrari being only F1 team that have lease to use their license rghts outside of FOM/Concorde boundaries of FOM-approval licensing)
- Microsoft have some kind of "master license" for Ferrari on X360 and grants it to their developers based on title (Project Gotham Racing, Forza Motorsport)
- on PC almost noone OFFICIALY uses Ferrari since 2007 and GTR2 game which used only racing models, probably inside general FIA-license. Ferraris were excluded from 2008 GTR Evolution game (made available only as "mod skins" later.

Porsche:
- Microsoft have some kind of "master license" for Porsche on X360 and grants it to their developers based on title (Project Gotham Racing, Forza Motorsport)
- on PC almost noone OFFICIALY uses Porsche since 2007 and GTR2 game which used only racing models, probably inside general FIA-license. Porsches were excluded from 2008 GTR Evolution game (made available only as "mod skins" later).

Lamborghini:
- made available to all developers, license probably granted inside global Volkswagen license

My personal conclusion:

I believe it comes down to the fact that the platform holders can tell other license holders to give them permission to use the license, otherwise the license holder's game won't be coming out on their system. Or at least thats what I've always thought since 2K sports has the exclusive MLB license, but Sony is still able to release MLB The Show.

amar212 said:

My guess: Microsoft have some agreement where if you want to release a game on 360, the Ferraris have to be exclusive to their system. Sega's licence will have pre-dated it, although there were obviously limitations as their latest game was Europe only for PS3 and now it's been withdrawn completely unlike the 360 version. Codemasters may have got around it because it was only DLC, and it would explain System 3's games not showing up for 360 too.

If the console race had turned out differently it could have meant MS paying for a lot more games to go PS3 exclusive. That seems crazy but if you look at their stance on BBC iplayer it's not unbeliveable.

Sega already lost the Ferrari license for the PS3 (OutRun is already removed from PSN) and their Xbox 360 license will finish by the end of 2011.

Dead Man

Chiaroscuro said:
Sega already lost the Ferrari license for the PS3 (OutRun is already removed from PSN) and their Xbox 360 license will finish by the end of 2011.
What? They can't even sell games they already made? :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
amar212 said:

Ferrari:

Porsche:

Lamborghini:

My personal conclusion:

This is a pretty informative post, kudos dude.

VibratingDonkey said:
Believe that's exactly 100 cars.

I hope you didn't count them all. There could be missing one or two because I messed up editing the quote. I quoted the Facebook page but that had a description for each car that exceeded the maximum words/characters limit, so I deleted that. For example, there is also a Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione Coupe, not only the spider one. I think that's the only one I accidentally deleted but there can be one or two more.

bjork

Bikes aren't here either, but they said those would be added post-release as an update. I'd imagine more cars will appear this way too, just like the first TDU.

BlazeDSM

Pizza Luigi said:

See for yourself:

I'm suprised by the lack of Mitsubishi Motors ??? Wow!

Dead Man said:
What? They can't even sell games they already made? :lol

Welcome to the world of digital distribution.

If the game is disc based when your license expires you cannot produce more of it and even sell the game anymore, but nothing stops the retail system to continue to sell the title (just flood the market before your license expires).

But in case of digital distribution you loose the right to sell the game. period.

Neuromancer said:
All I needed to know.
fistbumpz54n.jpg

state_vector_collapse said:
The handling looks atrocious. Nothing learned from the first game?

Evidently not - definitely looks like this one will be entirely more of the same, instead of any real evolution of the concept. Colour me disappointed.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
The handling in the first game wasn't bad. But this looks terrible. No sense of traction or grip.

Top Bottom