• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura talks about the D23 (July 14-16) Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer with Famitsu

Famassu

Hyping up a trailer...really?

Isn't that trailer's job to get people hyped about the game proper?

At least have a release date. It'll be nearly 5 years since it was originally announced.
D23 is a big Disney event, this isn't much different from Sony hyping that Spider-Man & God of War are at E3. No need to get any panties in a bunch, especially considering everyone hypes upcoming trailers nowadays.

Early 2019 release date mark my words.

They've forgotten it for years. Where's the final fantasy worlds? Final fantasy partners and assists?

It's all about disney.

While the lack of Final Fantasy in KH outside of Squall and Cloud taking turns brooding does upset me, I eventually took it to mean that outside of cameos, the original characters are the Final Fantasy. Everyone else ends up relegated to being forgotten home world children or joke characters. Yuna in particular deserved better. It's especially noticeable when you have scenes of the organization doing their best FF villain routine before Pete and Maleficent always show up to be slightly father along the sliding scale of good, with no FF antagonists in sight.
That $$$ though, I guess.

SoulUnison

Banned
While the lack of Final Fantasy in KH outside of Squall and Cloud taking turns brooding does upset me, I eventually took it to mean that outside of cameos, the original characters are the Final Fantasy.

I always kind of thought this was the premise of the series.
Like, if you cut out all the Disney stuff and the game taking place in multiple worlds, it could've just been Final Fantasy ##.

Philippo

I'm halfway through 1.5+2.5 so the hype is pretty high atm.

Bets on what they'll show?

-2 previously announced worlds (Tangled and San Fransokyo)
-1 unannounced world
-Beymax boss battle and summon
-new transformations
-Riku, Mickey and Kairi
-"Coming 2018"

mortal

Gold Member
D23 is a big Disney event, this isn't much different from Sony hyping that Spider-Man & God of War are at E3. No need to get any panties in a bunch, especially considering everyone hypes upcoming trailers nowadays.

Panties in a bunch? It's silly and redundant, full stop. Just because a whole bunch of other publishers do it doesn't make it more acceptable for me.

It's almost like you're new to Nomura interviews from the last 11 years.
Doesn't make it any less bullshit. If anything that makes it more severe.

Slater

Banned
wa1fcn6lhb5z.jpg

JayEH

Any info on Yoko Shimmomura's work here? Has she already finalized the OST for the game?

I have to ask. How is work going on Kingdom Hearts III? How does it feel to finally be working on that game after all this time?

I actually recently saw some reference materials and I am very excited for this project. And yes, everybody is aware this is our first numbered title in a while, and so again I’d be lying if I say there is no pressure, but I’m more excited. My excitement goes beyond that sense of pressure. I’m hoping that just like the finished product of the game, the music is going to be something that people will listen to and feel that it’s wonderful. I can’t wait until we’re able to make the announcement, so I ask for your additional patience and understanding as we get ready to be able to make any further announcements.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...w-composer-yoko-shimomura-kingdom-hearts.aspx

Doesn't seem like she's done much really.

GunBR

Nomura always with the "please be excited interviews"

I know how he and SE works, but we REALLY need a release date in the next trailer. Even if it's something like "holiday 2018"
so then later they can announce that the game had a small delay and it's going to release on spring 2019

Azuran

Banned

They've forgotten it for years. Where's the final fantasy worlds? Final fantasy partners and assists?

It's all about disney.

The FF characters were nothing more than glorified cameos. You can completely remove them and it wouldn't change anything.

This series has always been all about Disney since Day 1.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi

It's all about disney.

Bums me out. I have copious Final Fantasy nostalgia and zero Disney nostalgia (outside Lucasfilm but yeah).

JayEH

The FF characters were nothing more than glorified cameos. You can completely remove them and it wouldn't change anything.

Nah the ff7 crew and Leon were important in 1 and 2. Everyone else was cameos though.

Slater

Banned

Leon and Aeris are literally the ones who explained what a fucking Keyblade is in 1.

and Hollow Bastion plus the FF crew was much more important to the actual story of 2 then ANY of the COMPLETE FILLER disney worlds besides Mickey's castle.

What type of nonsense revisionist history is this? Completely remove them from 2 and the games story is just Sora fucking around in terrible adaptions of disney movies

Leon and Aeris are literally the ones who explained what a fucking Keyblade is in 1.

and Hollow Bastion plus the FF crew was much more important to the actual story of 2 then ANY of the COMPLETE FILLER disney worlds besides Mickey's castle.

What type of nonsense revisionist history is this? Completely remove them from 2 and the games story is just Sora fucking around in terrible adaptions of disney movies
I've seen ppl do this for both Disney and square. Fact is 1 is the only one to blend them both perfectly together. Hope 3 fixes that

It's all about disney.

It's always been about visiting Disney worlds though. The FF people were secondary characters mostly providing exposition after all.
There really shouldn't be any FF worlds (doesn't make sense anyway as all FF characters so far come from original worlds like Destiny Islands or Radiant Garden).

Slater

Banned
Rinoa at the very least should be added in 3 cause they hinted at her in 2

proof_of_rinoa_in_kh3_by_valforwing.jpg

But knowing Nomura he forgot about that and is going to make the letter not make sense through a retcon by letting us know that Leon can't actually read because of THE DARKNESS

Azuran

Banned

They didn't even do anything of note in KH2. Leon was useless, Aerith and Yuffie literally did nothing, Tifa only ran around like a headless chicken, and Cloud and Sephiroth had their weird romance going on that had absolutely nothing to do with the main plot.

Tron did more in Radiant Garden than all of them combined.

Either way, the fact that FF character haven't been relevant since KH2 says it all. Not a single one appeared in 358/2 Days and Dream Drop Distance which says how important they really are in the eyes of Nomura.

Slater

Banned
They didn't even do anything of note in KH2. Leon was useless, Aerith and Yuffie did nothing, Tifa was running around like a headless chicken, and Cloud and Sephiroth had their weird romance going on.

Tron did more in Radiant Garden than all of them combined.

And yet that's still more then any of the other disney worlds contributed to the plot :)

Especially sense Leon and Cid where the ones who actually knew how to use a computer because Sora is a fucking moron and got him into Tron's world both times :)

EDIT: AND WHY DOES EVERYONE FORGET ABOUT AURON PICKING UP THE SLACK FOR HERC'S BUM ASS AGAINST HADES??

baberunisei

Like others have said it's so strange to keep hyping up for a trailer of a game announced so many years ago made by the same person who responsible for Versus XIII.

Top Bottom