• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[TGS] Star Ocean 5 TGS 2015 demo gameplay video released

Seamless battles look friggin dope. Not a big fan of the track running in the background though.

EDIT: AHH a link with the BGM off, excellent duckroll.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
>< Star Ocean 3 was the last time i truly loved this series, this is hitting all the right notes thus far

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Into my veins

Toth

Looks fantastic. Much better art style and atmosphere than Last Hope already. I just hope we have more space exploration/ locations than we did in 3. 4 was on the right direction but then too much time was spent on
Roak

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder... Are they planning to ditch cutscenes in the game or it will just be very little? I remember reading that almost all the scenes will be in real time gameplay.

Zhao_Yun

This looks great! Love how smooth and seamless the battle transitions are. The menu looks nice as well! Are the videos based on the PS4 version?

This looks amazing. I just hope the story is decent enough. Hopefully, they take great care with whom they choose to do the english voice work.

Also, I hope the environments branch out a bit more. What they show so far just funnels you forward.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I wonder... Are they planning to ditch cutscenes in the game or it will just be very little? I remember reading that almost all the scenes will be in real time gameplay.

Well they can be real time and still have cutscenes. I think we've already seen a few in screens

Definitely on my 2016 "to buy" list for next year (if we get it in the west next year, that is).

Good to hear that Sakuraba sound again.

Kouriozan

Looks pretty good, really hyped for more SO even if I didn't like 4 after a while.
Managed to play it until the last dungeon and then I gave up, iirc.

Top Bottom