• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[TGS] Star Ocean 5 TGS 2015 demo gameplay video released

Dragun619

Hm, yea, it looks alright and pretty solid so far. The seamless battles was smooth, not sure about those discussion parts though. Feels kinda empty, just watching them speak.

I'm a need a story trailer though.

Sifl

Looks pretty good, that pink haired girl tho... It looks like her face is melting and her eyes are getting further apart as it happens. Also how many party members? There were more then 3 ppl fighting, but only 3 health bars. All the free room at the bottom makes it look like there could be a 8+ person party, or for convenience of seeing everyone's stats for swapping people out.

LowParry

YcfwX.gif

Zhao_Yun

Looks pretty good, that pink haired girl tho... It looks like her face is melting and her eyes are getting further apart as it happens. Also how many party members? There were more then 3 ppl fighting, but only 3 health bars. All the free room at the bottom makes it look like there could be a 8+ person party, or for convenience of seeing everyone's stats for swapping people out.

In the trailer they showed at the Sony press conference yesterday you could see 7 people in the party.

https://youtu.be/edOx9nW4JCI?t=38s

Yep. Even the infamous Star Ocean 4 had great gameplay, probably the best in the Star Ocean series.

Yep, one of my favorite JRPGs of last gen for sure, despite all its flaws.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Combat has always been one of the series' strong points and it seems like this game won't be an exception.

Yep. Even the infamous Star Ocean 4 had great gameplay, probably the best in the Star Ocean series.

dkoy

Yep looks very much like an upgraded Infinite Undiscovery. 6 party members but only status windows for 3 of them? Hope there's no downgrade.

HeelPower

Excellently detailed characters and a very smooth battle system make this a very promising game.

What a triumphant return for a once presumed dead series.

Zhao_Yun

Yep looks very much like an upgraded Infinite Undiscovery. 6 party members but only status windows for 3 of them? Hope there's no downgrade.

Pretty sure the other 3 party members in the video are only guest characters which is why they aren't being shown in the party status window.

Zetta

Lets hope they don't turn the character icons/menu art into 3d like for SO4. This and DQ11 are my most anticipated games for the PS4, looks so damn good.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I volunteered to do the OP btw. Will make it similar to FFX HD and Tales of Xillia's OT. :p

Soriku

The Famitsu one. I'll hook you up with exact time in the video in an edit.

EDIT: Go to 2:05

Hmm it's OK. I hope the main battle system is as good as SO3/4. Also Mission to the Deep Space needs to return.

There are 7 party members. You could see all 7 fight at once in the TGS trailer. The other members, in addition to the 3 main members in this video, are guests.

ULTROS!

Celcius

°Temp. member
+ Gameplay looks fun
+ Characters looked detailed - at the beginning of the trailer I was watching the face of the pink-haired girl and as she was looking around her eyes also moved around as if she were really looking
+ Seamless battles are cool
+ The menu screen and the character portraits in there looked really polished

- I still don't understand how the giant rock in the wall moved
- The special effects during battle looked kinda rough
- I wish the bottom of the main character's shoes weren't the same color as his jacket (blue)

Diagol

Wow, this looks amazing! Love that the battles are seamless. The fact that it has 7 at once is awesome.

Fingers crossed that the story isn't too....weird (though I'm hopeful based off the interview I read a few months ago). Either way, I'm so getting this on PS4.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Hopefully it gets either a good dub or a dual language option because that is a lot of talking during gameplay.

RangerBAD

Seemless battle = bad camera in tight places. I don't know how bad it will be, but there's already characters disappearing behind corners.

jb1234

Wow, this looks amazing! Love that the battles are seamless. The fact that it has 7 at once is awesome.

Fingers crossed that the story isn't too....weird (though I'm hopeful based off the interview I read a few months ago). Either way, I'm so getting this on PS4.

None of the Star Ocean games have had great stories so I'm not too hopeful there. As long as they make it tolerable and not loaded with the shit that sunk 4, I'll be okay.

Sakura

I like the CV. I hear Rinne and Yuigahama. I wasn't really interested in Star Ocean but maybe I will check this one out.

Damerman

i criticized the game unfairly before knowing what it was like... this is looking good. I like the in game dialogue and in game scenarios.

Wagram

Looks fantastic, but I really hope that most narrative scenes don't play out the way they do in the video. It looks so lifeless.

edit: Lifeless is the wrong word I was looking for. I'm just hoping that they aren't ALL like that.

Looks pretty great.

I want to play as the guy that fights with his fists. I hope he becomes a party member.

Also, those menus look so pretty (Akiman art is amazing).

Top Bottom