• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 - Season 2 - The #groundpound is back, bitches. [renewed for S3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit! The 100, more like The Hype!

And LMAO it's
Roger Cross I'm pretty sure it's a rule that if there's something filming in Vancouver or the surrounding area he's required to appear in it.

Joni

TVLine brings more spoilers, building on the trailer http://tvline.com/2015/12/15/the-100-season-3-spoilers-clarke-lexa/
The trailer for The 100 looks amazing, but Bellamy and Octavia don’t look too happy with one another. How worried should we be? –Mary Kate
Very. Bellamy will make a decision that will no doubt upset plenty of people. But his sis is particularly angry at him given the relationships she has formed since landing on the ground.

Anything about the Clarke and Lexa reunion on The 100? —Rasha
The much-anticipated moment happens under unexpected circumstances, and Clarke isn’t so happy to see Lexa following last season’s betrayal. But a better question might be: What does the Grounder leader want from Clarke now?

All I can say is that at the end of season 2, I'm more interested in Jaha's story than anyone's... but I have this awful, awful sinking feeling that some how his story will end up lame in the same way that another recent science-fiction TV show botched multiple, split story-lines (looking at you, writers of Revolution).

I mean, so far, The 100 team has far out-paced anything Revolution did, but this sort of post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, split-story thing really reminds me of Revolution.

Season 3 poster:

w8HC8hc.jpg

Looks fucking awesome.

aku:jiki

Clarke dying her hair in the post-apocalypse seems like an odd thing, but I guess the CW has to CW somehow if they can't have their pop songs.

strafer

Clarke dying her hair in the post-apocalypse seems like an odd thing, but I guess the CW has to CW somehow if they can't have their pop songs.

nah, the weirdest part is that most of the males are cleanshaven....where is the long hair and epic beards....no one is cleanshaven in a post-apocalypse world.

NightOnyx

I'm loving how the new season is looking, that trailer was epic! I've hated having to wait so long, but it looks like it will be well worth the wait. But yeah, they certainly kwow how to tease the Clarke and Lexa, that's for sure.

RS4-

nah, the weirdest part is that most of the males are cleanshaven....where is the long hair and epic beards....no one is cleanshaven in a post-apocalypse world.

Have yet to hit puberty. Anyway, nice poster. I hope Clarke dies in the first few eps

ivysaur12

Banned
I've now watched 11 episodes of season 1, and I want to know if this is "it" as far as the quality of the show goes.

I know there are a lot of people who love it, and there are definitely some good aspects to the series, but there's just a lot that isn't working for me. The dialog is baaaaaaaad, the characters outside of Jasper are pretty uninteresting, motives tend to turn on a dime without any real explanation or build up (this has been my biggest annoyance thus far, especially with Clarke), and the cast is pretty mediocre outside of a few standouts like Octavia (who still is a really problematic character). There are also some shows that can play relationships very well, but this isn't one of them.

I like the world, I like the look of the show, I think the action is cool, I like Jasper and Raven, but that's about it. Does it blossom in these last two episodes/season 2, or is this sort of what the show is?

bigjig

I've now watched 11 episodes of season 1, and I want to know if this is "it" as far as the quality of the show goes.

I know there are a lot of people who love it, and there are definitely some good aspects to the series, but there's just a lot that isn't working for me. The dialog is baaaaaaaad, the characters outside of Jasper are pretty uninteresting, motives tend to turn on a dime without any real explanation or build up (this has been my biggest annoyance thus far, especially with Clarke), and the cast is pretty mediocre outside of a few standouts like Octavia (who still is a really problematic character). There are also some shows that can play relationships very well, but this isn't one of them.

I like the world, I like the look of the show, I think the action is cool, I like Jasper and Raven, but that's about it. Does it blossom in these last two episodes/season 2, or is this sort of what the show is?

I definitely think season 2 is another step up in terms of quality, but still if you're expecting something on the quality level of like The Wire you're going to be disappointed. Having said that, I've always liked the show as more of a guilty pleasure than this landmark TV event. I can't disagree with complaints such as character motives turning on a dime (there's a particularly annoying example of this at the end of season 2), but still I like the goofy dialog and the hammy musical montages haha. I don't know what you like so much about Jasper compared to the others, but characters like Octavia and Belamy are definitely developed extensively in season 2.

In short I think season 2 is definitely better, and the stakes are certainly higher, but it's better to go in looking for a fun ride rather than expecting some TV masterpiece.

anaron

I think season 2 -- outside a really dumb character turn -- is definitely a lot stronger but I kinda find the current level of praise showered on the show to be really over the top.

ivysaur12

Banned
I think season 2 -- outside a really dumb character turn -- is definitely a lot stronger but I kinda find the current level of praise showered on the show to be really over the top.

I guess that's where a lot of my issues stem from. It's been hyped to me as the successor to BSG and one of the darkest shows on television (which isn't really even a praise, just a thing) with serious moral dilemmas to the point where it would be considered one of the best dramas on television at the moment.

If it was billed as dumb fun that's kind of similar to a lot of the other genre-fare on The CW, I probably would've had much more realistic expectations. I'll watch season 2 since I've heard now from a lot of other people that it does get better, but, yeah.

anaron

the bsg comparisons are CRAZY. A single episode of Battlestar has better writing, acting, directing, music, than the entirety of the 100

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Eh, it scratches the same itch. I can see the comparisons, even if they are not 1:1.

With that said, S2 is a whole different game when it comes to character development. The stakes are incredibly high and the last remnants of CWness get obliterated. While S1 *is* dumb fun, S2 turns it into something much more solid and daring.

The 100 is a lot of fun, and while I can understand the comparisons to BSG, I agree that it isn't as well crafted. I can give the acting a pass for the most part, but the occasionally sloppy plotting and characterization hurts the show. It's still something that I very much enjoy watching.

Palmer_v1

I never considered BSG but I guess I can see it. Small(relatively) group of human survivors with limited resources constantly harried by attacks from outsiders, as well as factions within.

I agree that the overall quality seems better in S2, though I didn't like the way some character arcs ended or swerved for very little(if any) reason.

Regardless, it does scratch a sort of sci-fi itch.

I think it's got some more direct competition now than it did previously, in shows like The Expanse and Shannara.

Somnia

Season 3 of The 100 is already > all of BSG due to Red Head Clark, let's be real guys.

But in all honesty I enjoy both BSG and The 100 for what they are, I can see the comparisons, but they are both their own thing. I really enjoy The 100 and can't wait to see where they go this season, it's a unique show on TV right now as I LOVE Sci-Fi and we don't get a lot of good shows like that now adays.

charsace

This show is easily the most underrated show on TV.

This is also a case where the adaptation is way better than the book(s).

The season 2 finale is something else too. Just when you are on the edge of your seat unable to even comprehend the decisions Clarke has to make on the fly, you get knocked the fuck out at the end with something new right out of left field.

Lost comparisons are pretty good. BSG is sort of the reverse though, BSG started out super tense and intense and slowly ramped down over the years (and got worse honestly), whereas 100 starts out not as good but has ratcheted the tension up drastically over time.

100 has apparently done very well on Netflix as well. Season premiere Jan 21st, will be airing with DC's Legends of Tomorrow which should be interesting for ratings.
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-100-season-3-cw-1201676311/

- IGN: The Producer and Women of The 100 Talk Season 3, Pushing the Envelope, and Planning an Ending
Rothenberg was asked about his long-term plans for The 100’s storyline and revealed, “I know where I want the show to end. I know what I want the final story to be. I don’t know how long that’s going to take.” While the show has yet to be renewed for Season 4, Rothenberg said that he has a plan for it and beyond that, “I want to do the show for as long as it’s interesting or for me creatively and I don’t think we’re repeating ourselves.” He said that while he could use his idea for the end for Season 4, he certainly hoped it would go beyond that... once they get that Season 4 renewal they're hoping for.

I've seen a lot of rumors that
Lexa dies early on this season, supposedly during that duel she is shown in during the trailer. Anyone else think this is possible?

Joni

I've seen a lot of rumors that
Lexa dies early on this season, supposedly during that duel she is shown in during the trailer. Anyone else think this is possible?

It certainly is possible,
Lexa has a big role on Fear the Walking Dead which will get 15 episodes next season and this is a anybody-but-clarke-can-die show.

jwk94

This makes total sense.

I was just showing my sister the show this evening and yeah that's very true. The first few episodes are hella rough. It makes the show come off as a post-apocalyptic teen romance story until they kill off Jaha's kid (who I completely forgot about. Hey, remember Abby's bff and wife to the other guy? No? Neither do they). At that point, I think the show started to find its footing and really become about the kids finding their place while trying to survive against the grounders. I say I think because we stopped after ep 4 ended and I can't exactly remember where things go from there. Everything is kinda spotty.

That is quite a long time to figure out there are actually books to read before you start writing.

From what I remember the books weren't even written when the pilot was shot. They basically just bought the premise, and then the books turned out to not be so good so they just did their own thing.

I guess that's where a lot of my issues stem from. It's been hyped to me as the successor to BSG and one of the darkest shows on television (which isn't really even a praise, just a thing) with serious moral dilemmas to the point where it would be considered one of the best dramas on television at the moment.

If it was billed as dumb fun that's kind of similar to a lot of the other genre-fare on The CW, I probably would've had much more realistic expectations. I'll watch season 2 since I've heard now from a lot of other people that it does get better, but, yeah.

I'm glad you decided to give Season 2 a go. In my opinion it is vastly superior to season one. May not be the masterpiece some people led you to believe, but it's still extremely entertaining and does indeed have some serious moral dilemmas the characters have to overcome. By the time you've ended it I'm sure you'll agree it is VERY different from standard CW fare. Can't wait for season 3!

Joni

From what I remember the books weren't even written when the pilot was shot. They basically just bought the premise, and then the books turned out to not be so good so they just did their own thing.
The first one was at least published in September 2013, so they should have had access. It had to be because they at least share characters, and even some elements like the colony drop and Mount Weather. But indeed, they made it their own which made for some great television. It at least has the best ending ever, according to Wikipedia.
She reconciles with Wells, but will not resume their past relationship because she is romantically involved with Bellamy, with whom she hopes to spend the rest of her life.

It certainly is possible,
Lexa has a big role on Fear the Walking Dead which will get 15 episodes next season and this is a anybody-but-clarke-can-die show.
True, but I do wonder if
filming for that show will be starting when the 100 is still going. Lexa is pretty popular as well as their few LGBT characters so her death probably would get some backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom