• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post-Apocalyptic Drama "The 100" - Wednesdays on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

i wish Bellamy and Finn were actually dead but they're not.
There is an interview with the showrunner, he says it's up in the air for them, so they won't know until they decide where they want to go with S2 and if it's worth having them alive or dead yet it seems.

Joni

I think we can do away with the idea they're willing to kill everyone. If Bellammy and Finn are dead, they're willing to kill everyone off; but they're clearly trying to keep them alive. We know two Grounders, Lincoln and Miss Dollhouse. They're both alive. There are three important Arc characters, two of them are safe on Earth and they're trying to keep the chancellor alive (but he is a pointless character now that they should kill) and every important 100 character aside from Bellammy and Finn is alive. Even Murphy could still be alive. But please, don't kill Belammy. He needs to end up with Clarke.

Joni

The Mountain Men are probably remnants of the US military while the grounders are just normal people that survived. And the Reapers are the gungho zombie survivalist types.

anaron

What a finale. This show is so damn fun and surprising each week. I've been impressed by how emotionally affecting some of the little moments have been throughout and that I care for so many of these characters. Season 2 deserves a big jump in viewers.

I had a feeling there would a be technologically advanced reveal. Wonder what that means for the radiation seeing as how they're clearly still cautious about it.

Monty lives!!!

1) Wilhelm scream

2) “There’s hundreds of them! They’re heading for the gate! Game over, man!”

3) Grounders being fried. Brutal.

All in all, I enjoyed it.

anaron

1) Wilhelm scream

2) “There’s hundreds of them! They’re heading for the gate! Game over, man

3) Grounders being fried. Brutal.

All in all, I enjoyed it.
Yeah, the Wilhelm scream and Aliens nod were awesome.

Was anyone else slightly shattered by that shot of the dropship passenger incinerating :(

the mountain men thing gives me a district 13 from hunger games feeling, and the arc landing reminded me of the finale of battlestar. this really is the spiritual lovechild of those two series.

tabs2002

The ending saved the show for me, the grounders sucked as main villains, they weren't much of a threat. I don't think the mountain men are going to get embarrassed by a bunch of kids born and raised in space.

Love how Lincoln seems to have some homing beacon on Octavia. He always seems to find her. #groundpound #monarchbutterfly Clarke is really going to have her work cut out for her against these mountain men. I guess we can say goodbye to #clarkesshirt but if that white is going to ber her new season outfit. Oh boy. Goddam. #makeherhumble #groundpound #climbthemountain

Kyougar

I get Brotherhood of Steel (Fallout 2 Version) vibes from the Mountain men. Monopolizing Hightech and policing attempts (from grounders) at using High-Tech "wrong". That could be why the grounders are not using any Guns, because that would "wake the mountain men"

OR

they could be like the Rangers from the Future Episode of Babylon 5 ( Season 4 Finale http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Deconstruction_of_Falling_Stars),
Monitoring the survivors of Earth and slowly introducing the old tech (AND policing bad use in the 100 case)

would personally lean to the first example. They could be changing their approach to the Rangers example in another 100 to 300 years.

Also I dont think Bellamy or Finn are dead. They clearly hadnt time to run from the Dropship, but I see two possibilitys to survive: 1. get in the tunnel (still dont think thats survivable, but could be Plot armor) 2. Climb the Drop ship and get through the hole that Theseus blasted.

Won

I guess the end answers the question how they are gonna keep the scifi angle. I still hope they cut to Jaha at least once every episode taking a sip from the bottle, so we can keep the space theme.

Clevinger

I still hope they cut to Jaha at least once every episode taking a sip from the bottle, so we can keep the space theme.

Yeah, I'll miss those space scenes. Like Battlestar's, they looked surprisingly good for a small show.

Also, I gotta say I love how much of a chump that lady chancellor went out as. That cheesy mustache twirling acting she had, and how her plan and motivation barely made any sense. Then suddenly she's fried to a crisp and forgotten.

Aiii

So not worth it
I am just happy that apparently not the entire world has regressed to wild savages after only 100 years.

i hope that the mountain men don't give the 100 new clothes. the ~~h&m~mad-max~~ style from this season was everything. forget #clarkesshirt, get into #finnsjacket

TransTrender

Gold Member
Anyone else catch the Wilhelm scream LOL
I recall hearing it a few times. Don't know if they were trying to be cute or snarky, lol.

For whatever reason the only thing I ever watched for this show was the season finale, but now I am convinced to go back and watch the entire season. Seems like a pretty cool show.

I recall hearing it a few times. Don't know if they were trying to be cute or snarky, lol.

For whatever reason the only thing I ever watched for this show was the season finale, but now I am convinced to go back and watch the entire season. Seems like a pretty cool show.

They're going to start airing the season again every Wednesday.

anaron

I am just happy that apparently not the entire world has regressed to wild savages after only 100 years.
Same.

I wonder if the wild grounders are more like refugees/deserters from the mountain people over a century due to some sort of fucked up practice and dictatorship.

I like Monty's hair. Despite the lack of showers or shampoo, his hair always looks super healthy.

Haha, yes

i hope that the mountain men don't give the 100 new clothes. the ~~h&m~mad-max~~ style from this season was everything. forget #clarkesshirt, get into #finnsjacket
I think #clarkesshirt might not happen anymore. The white outfit was great, but I could see her finding her #clarkesshirt and going into serious mode. Like Horatio's sunglasses in CSI Miami. I hope we get a Bluray, would preorder it in a heartbeat.,

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
That was an amazing episode. I love how this show is not afraid to murder kids by the dozens in the mosts gruesome ways. Case in point, this chode RIGHT AT THE START.

iCyhi0LkToVWC.gif

Fuck you, you are dead. No more Pantene for you.

Action was excellent, Clarke continued to show why she's the MVP in the gang and you can bet your ass that neither Bellamy nor Finn are dead-dead. In a show as graphic as The 100, nobody is deceased until you've seen their corpse. It is how it is.

I'm also happy to see that the Mountain Men are actually the kitted up survivors who bunkered during the war. Kyougar is right: Brotherhood of Steel is the first thing that came to my head when I saw them.

Tactical, well equiped, ruthless.

Now we have THREE grounder factions: the average #groundpound, the Reapers and the Mountain Men, each one of them with their own peculiarities. It adds a new dynamic to the show, although it could mess things up.

On that note, I'd like to point out that at least two portions of the Ark dropped down to safety. Take a peek:

ifH2VB5ptbpNs.gif

I really want to know what lays ahead for those folks.

With all that said, I also wonder if Clarke is going to get her shirt back, because her current outfit could be a bit distracting.

ibeUOlTWOvyp7n.gif

Just saying. Girlfriend is STACKED.

I like Monty's hair. Despite the lack of showers or shampoo, his hair always looks super healthy.
Everybody but Lincoln has fabulous hair.

That was an amazing episode. I love how this show is not aware to murder kids by the dozens in the mosts gruesome

With all that said, I also wonder if Clarke is going to get her shirt back, because her current outfit could be a bit distracting.

ibeUOlTWOvyp7n.gif

Just saying. Girlfriend is stacked
Incredible. Just incredible. Still trying to come up with a #mountainmen #hashtag. Closest I got was #mountfount since fount has to do with plumbing. But she has humbled me.

Well I've just heard the news today
Seems my life is going to change
I close my eyes, begin to pray
Then tears of joy stream down my face

Joni

I came into this show expecting civilization to be like in that tv show Revolution.

Like little communities.

But not savage.
It would be strange though for them to be alike. The 100 started with mass extinction, Revolution's cause was a lot less violent. Revolution has millions of survivors despite the fact that there shouldn't be so many because all the reactors should have exploded, but The 100 had a nuclear extinction event. Almost all life is gone. We don't even know if the other parts of the worlds even have survivors.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Fictional worlds solely inhabited by rapist cannibals and cannibalistic rapists tend to become boring very quickly.

Also, Revolution sucked shit because it was pure American Civil War reenactment/fanwankery disguised as a TV show. And it got it rightfully canned for it. Same deal with Falling Skies. The 100 is a much better deal as far as creativity goes.

If you think the "civilized" people are going to be good, you have never watched/read any post-apocalyptic fantasy. I'm betting The 100 will be allied with the grounders against the mountain men by episode 6.

Joni

Or they'll cause the real extinction of Earth by wiping out both the Mountain Men and the Grounders before realizing there is only 30 of them left which isn't good enough to repopulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom