• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post-Apocalyptic Drama "The 100" - Wednesdays on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaron

V55AUpQ.jpg

jmYnPk4.jpg

Trailer

Full Season Trailer

Ninety-seven years ago, nuclear Armageddon decimated planet Earth, destroying civilization. The only survivors were the 400 inhabitants of 12 international space stations that were in orbit at the time. Three generations have been born in space, the survivors now number 4,000, and resources are running out on their dying "Ark" - the 12 stations now linked together and repurposed to keep the survivors alive. Draconian measures including capital punishment and population control are the order of the day, as the leaders of the Ark take ruthless steps to ensure their future, including secretly exiling a group of 100 juvenile prisoners to the Earth's surface to test whether it's habitable.
Created by Jason Rothenberg, Kass Morgan (book)

Cast
Eliza Taylor
Henry Ian Cusick
Paige Turco
Kelly Hu (pilot)
Isaiah Washington
Marie Avgeropoulos
Bobby Morley
Thomas McDonell
Eli Goree
Christopher Larkin

ARNmm4r.jpg

RTYDfOW.jpg

Images

X8J1rPz.jpg

sKXXrM6.jpg

b2Dv2lT.jpg

Reviews

Vulture: The 100 is better than it has to be, a little more exciting and surprising and intense. It's that margin that excites me about the show

USA Today: 'The 100' does a 180 from CW's usual fare

Newsday: A strongly acted thriller, which seems to add another intense dimension weekly.

Ed Bark: The 100 ends up being sci-fi fun for all ages--with a spine tingle or two also within these realms of possibilities.

Pittsburgh Post Gazette: "The 100" isn't as deep, thoughtful and artful as some cable series (think: "The Americans," "Mad Men," "Breaking Bad") but in a TV season that has given viewers such lackluster broadcast network efforts as "Resurrection," "Believe" and "Crisis," "The 100" proves itself superior to many of its freshman drama peers.

maxcriden

Ooh, how gruesome is it going to be? My wife had some trouble with the cow in Under the Dome. Should I be expecting a lot of animal-related violence?

Great OT BTW, thanks for putting this together!

G-Fex

good thing earth managed to save and preserve the good looking young adults together.

Wait a second, what's April o' Neil doing in the CW Zone?

Cyan

Banned
a spaceship housing humanity's lone survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth in hopes of possibly re-populating the planet.

Well, I guess if they do a good job, it won't be the first time a good show has come from a dumb premise.

It comes on after Arrow, right? If so, I'll give it a shot, since that time slot hasn't been occupied by something I want to watch in a while.

akira28

Why in the world you save 100 delinquents and not 100 of the brightest and best?

Aliens don't give a fuck.

also probably that Dr Pleb alien dude. It's all a game to him.

also why would there be tumorous mutant deer running around 100 years later where the aliens would elect to set up the colony of last surviving humans?

This is as dumb as Earth 2

Piecake

Why in the world you save 100 delinquents and not 100 of the brightest and best?

Maybe the spaceship is overcrowded? Its a win-win. Get rid of 100 bad kids and have them possibly create a colony on earth. Head dudes would find colonizing earth again unlikely for this to make sense.

JDSN

Banned
Washington was incredible in Blue Caprice, so its good so see him getting job again, is he still a dick?

Amagon

Aliens don't give a fuck.

also probably that Dr Pleb alien dude. It's all a game to him.

also why would there be tumorous mutant deer running around 100 years later where the aliens would elect to set up the colony of last surviving humans?

This is as dumb as Earth 2
This show could be 10 times more awesome if Dr. Pleb is in it.

I want to like CW shows but the acting and effects are usually just so horrible I turn it off. I will watch this tonight but I am guessing it will be the same thing :(

akira28

I feel like this was a sci-fi novel written in the freaky 70s.
With xeno-lesbianism and gigantic living colony ships.

Thanks for making the thread. Eliza is the next in a long line of Australian soap opera beauties to tke her talents to CW. I think this show has ratings and tumblr potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom