• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post-Apocalyptic Drama "The 100" - Wednesdays on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty people standing around arguing/fighting, just like every other CW show. Let's hope some deathclaws come and eat some of the kids.

That was actually really good. It didn't suffer from poor acting like The Tomorrow People. Hopefully it doesn't go downhill like TTP, otherwise, I have a new shoe to keep up with.

Good job CW.

Question though:
Jasper's the kid that got impaled right? But in the promo that other guy was yelling at him to shoot. Could he have survived that or an I just horrible with names.

That was actually really good. It didn't suffer from poor acting like The Tomorrow People. Hopefully it doesn't go downhill like TTP, otherwise, I have a new shoe to keep up with.

Good job CW.

Question though:
Jasper's the kid that got impaled right? But in the promo that other guy was yelling at him to shoot. Could he have survived that or an I just horrible with names.

Yeah I noticed that too. I'm not really sure. I can't see how
he managed to survive that.

Drazgul

Scrolled down slowly as I was reading the synopsis, and it went like this:

ARNmm4r.jpg

"Ok, I guess this could be de--"

"Nope."

Drazgul

I don't get this -- because there are young people on the show?

It's more about the picture itself - gives off this cheap Twilight vibe. Yeah it's probably unfair to judge the show based on one crappy promo pic, but what can you do - first impressions and all that.

ivysaur12

Banned
It's more about the picture itself - gives off this cheap Twilight vibe. Yeah it's probably unfair to judge the show based on one crappy promo pic, but what can you do - first impressions and all that.

The OP did a pretty good job of illustrating what the show is about with a few trailers.

Vyroxis

Banned
Why in the world you save 100 delinquents and not 100 of the brightest and best?

Delinquents are expendable, especially on a space station with limited resources and space. The brightest and best are kinda on the opposite end of the 'who can we afford to send to their deaths' spectrum.

B.K.

I was going to watch it tonight, but I missed it. I was hoping it would be decent. A futuristic Lord of the Flies could be interesting.

Piecake

Good god, the writing, acting, and characters were all just terrible. The adults were somewhat decent, but good god, everything about the teenagers was bad.

TripOpt55

I thought it was alright. Thought the acting and dialog in the pilot was pretty rough at times but I like the concept. Will keep watching for a few more eps probably. Also that dark haired girl...

The show would be a thousand times better if it focused on the adults. I didn't like or care about any of the 100. So if Kelly Hu is only in the pilot how will they explain her disappearance next episode?

The premiere was rough - I laughed at a lot of things that I wasn't supposed to be laughing at. However, most of the reviews that I read said it gets a lot better after the first few episodes, so I guess I'll see how long I can tolerate it and whether the improvement is enough for me to continue.

Horrible acting its as if CW just hires models to become main characters in their shows. I will probably continue watching because I am a sucker for post-apocalyptic fiction.

anaron

*SPEWS DRINK!*

WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE!
I was DYING.

As for the show: I liked it!

+ sci-fi, space, nuclear world setting

+ further adult casting on a CW show! Might as well consider it multigenerational, we know 40 is practically 70 on this network. Oh and diversity!

+ some standout character moments/scenes. Clark's mother seeing her drawings, the glowing forest, mutant deer

+ the humour and playfulness while at odds with the setting and premise was...fun? I already like some of the characters and the interaction amongst the main group was enjoyable enough. Some decent dialogue as well as...

- some really clunky lines of the pilot variety.

- acting and line delivery was incredibly hit or miss

- some of their behaviour was ridiculously cliche, stupid and grating.

All in all, solid pilot and based on the season preview, I'm excited to see where it goes.

Walshicus

The premiere was rough - I laughed at a lot of things that I wasn't supposed to be laughing at. However, most of the reviews that I read said it gets a lot better after the first few episodes, so I guess I'll see how long I can tolerate it and whether the improvement is enough for me to continue.

I tried that with Falling Skies. Wasn't worth it.

Snake

When Radioactive started playing a few minutes into the show, I finally truly felt welcomed into the new age. It only took you using the song in every single show you've got, CW, but you did it. You might even say I feel it in my bones.

The pilot was alright. Surprisingly enough I was left wishing there was a tighter focus on the young people and less time spent on the elders (despite being much more notable actors). The surface world side of things holds most of the potential for interest, especially since I'm a sucker for "Others"-style mysteries. From the preview it looks like there could be some good stuff ahead.

And I'm awarding bonus points for rustling the Beasties' jimmies.

I REALLY wanted to like it, but I absolutely hated it... so bad it was embarrassing ... badly written lazy sci fi.

I do hate being treated like a moron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom