• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post-Apocalyptic Drama "The 100" - Wednesdays on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
This show I could not get into. Too much dumb teeny bopper drama and general stupidity. A waste of a good scifi concept. Cliche'd ooga booga natives. Emo boys that pucker their lips. It's just too much. It's painfully obvious I am not the intended audience. That one woman disobeying orders, I'd have spaced her yet she hangs around unpunished. That's annoying, I'd show real leadership by punting her to the moon. Only made it to ep 5 or 6 but I can't go any longer.

They need to crash land on top of the grounders, and then scream "We're back, bitches!"

I'm imagining the colony dropping in the middle of the fight and as the smoke clears the door opens. From the darkness we hear a gun cocking and emerging out we hear "JA-HA MOTHERFUCKERS" and bullets fly from the ark.

anaron

I knew the ark would make its way down eventually.

Damn good episode. The reav-err...reapers, are appropriately horrifying. The Road cannibal scene homage was a neat and creepy touch.

The character writing continues to be mostly strong and even surprising. Clarke shutting down Finn's confession was a 'fuck yeah' moment for me. Lincoln is also so much better when not paired with Octavia.

The use of silence and music editing was notably well done. Learn from this show CW!

WHERE'S MONTY

Moff

I cant say I really enjoyed the last couple of episodes and am startint to lose interest.

the concept of they show has drifted more and more away of the lord of the flies concept that attracted me in the beginning. its basically factions vs. factions now, and all of them are boring, as is the whole woodland setting on the ground to be honest.

the mutant horse was laughable and the reavers are not impressive at all, they looked like drunk cavemen. anyone remember the reavers from firefly? yeah.

charsace

I like this show. Think its pretty good. The book its based on is dog crap though so they are obviously doing their own thing.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
And just when I thought things couldn't get any wilder, they are set to Ark-crash back into Earth.

This fucking show.

Rafa may be Rafaing, but he's not wrong. This show is actually pushing some boundaries as far as "young adult" entertainment goes. It feels like an extremely well balanced combination of Battlestar Galactica and The Hunger Games, which is not an easy thing to do. The 100 has a lot more going than it may seem at first sight.
#groundpound

I still don't get how they're supposed to slow down the ark (well... the 5% that is left) before it slams into the ground. Something like that was never made for reentry.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I still don't get how they're supposed to slow down the ark (well... the 5% that is left) before it slams into the ground. Something like that was never made for reentry.

They mentioned they have a crapload of thrusters keeping the Ark in place. They'll probably repurpose them in order to cushion the impact. Either that or they are turning the sheets into aerospace-grade parachutes.

Yay, TV science!

They mentioned they have a crapload of thrusters keeping the Ark in place. They'll probably repurpose them in order to cushion the impact. Either that or they are turning the sheets into aerospace-grade parachutes.

Yay, TV science!

Either that or they're going to take every sheet on the Ark and use it to shimmy down to the ground.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Clarke and whoever is playing Ms. Dichen. Maybe Octavia, too, but that may be my basest needs speaking for me. Definitely not Jasper.

Anyone else can go suck a rotten egg.

Joni

People that could die: Jasper, Murphy, Finn, Raven, the Chancellor. All other important characters on the side of The 100 will certainly live. The show has been quite bad in killing off people that actually matter.

Won

The writers really depend on Raven to make tech appear out of nowhere. On the other hand her death flag is big enough at this point that the even the people on the ark could see it.

Don't care about the rest.

Joni

The writers really depend on Raven to make tech appear out of nowhere. On the other hand her death flag is big enough at this point that the even the people on the ark could see it.
Nameless tech guy with kinda known actor from the Arc can easily replace her for magic tech.

jesus what the fuck, bellamy AND finn. goddamnit cw. i hate you and your bullshit. i'm done with this show. #nogroundpound #fuckclarke

i havent been this upset since gossip girl's true identity was revealed.

Great season finale, such a gratifying surprise this series was.

And after GoT and Continuum seasons end I will have nothing to see in a long time :/

lol @ anyone believing Finn and Bellamy die like that

One of them could possibly die at some point but not in that way and not in a way we don't see on screen
--------------

Anyone think that the Mountain Men might be more hostile to the grounders than the 100 because of the grounders prolonged exposure to radiation?

I.E. perhaps the "mountain men" see grounders who are likely mutated somewhat even if only slightly by the radiation as not someone they could deal with whereas the 100 with relatively little time on the ground would be fairly unaffected by radiation? Also it's likely the grounders descend from humans that had to live outside during the worst of the radiation whereas the 100 and the Mountain men would not

Also lol @ the duct tape on the guns that was so bad. They did it on purpose and still so bad

And the "GAME OVER, MAN" Ugh

Other than those parts though good finale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom