• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 67th Primetime Emmy Awards |OT| Jon Hamm's Final Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I also got mad at award shows, now it's just a shrug. The good shit will remembered longer and more favorably than the bad shit.

DrBo42

I haven't met a single person in real life who thought otherwise.

Season 5 is still good TV, just GoT's worst season.

I've been a fan since the start and this past season was awful. I tend to agree that quite a large amount of fans feel the same way. Sane people at least.

I watch GoT.

It is trashy. It's only a few notches above True Blood in terms of inherent trashiness.

Shows like Mad Men and The American are leagues ahead this basic shit.

You lost me the moment you compared it to True Blood. I agree that The Americans and Mad Men are on another level writing wise. And nothing beats character actress Margo Martindale. GoT is in a league of its own when it comes to spectacle and shock though.

Mimosa97

Hardhome felt like an epic movie.

It was a very good episode and yeah it felt like a movie because of the huge budget (and good directing) but I don't see how it's a game changer for TV. I don't think it will have that big of an impact but I might be wrong.

Twitter being annoyed at Game of Thrones this year doesn't mean that regular Emmy voters were.

Just the Creative Emmy wins alone this year would have pointed to GoT domination this year.

I like how angry people get over award shows. (...but Mad Men was better, also Better Call Saul. Also, I haven't seen the rest of Drama series that were nominated. Jonathan Banks was aces too)

cLOUDo

LOL with this emmys

btw
how many minutes in screen got Reg E. Cathey in the last season?
like 10 minutes overall?

I... did not know so many people despised Game of Thrones. The past season sure, but not the whole show.

It reached the popularity tipping point where it was so popular that it was no longer cool or trendy enough for the hipsters, so they turned against it en-mass.

Rookje

It reached the popularity tipping point where it was so popular that it was no longer cool or trendy enough for the hipsters, so they turned against it en-mass.
Nah, Game of Thrones is a fun show but it didn't deserve best drama series win this year. This season was probably the weakest yet.

Altazor

I... did not know so many people despised Game of Thrones. The past season sure, but not the whole show.

I like GOT. I've liked it since season 1, to be honest, and have stuck with it even during its weaker moments.

This past season, S5, did not deserve to win Best Drama, IMHO. Not even a visual spectacle like Hardhome (an episode that wasn't even nominated for its direction!!!) elevates the season to a higher level than Mad Men or Better Call Saul. Not with the Dorne plotline, or Ramsay's plot contrivances, or pretty much everything that happened to Sansa.

Just my two cents, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom