• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The biker that was run over by the SUV in NYC might be paralyzed for life

Status
Not open for further replies.
ap-image-189716c5-6bfe-4eaf-a915-780ef80778b4.jpg

UC Cop Wojciech Braszczok

what a name

Jesus, did his parents name him by slamming their head on a keyboard?! :p

oneHeero

Yeah, I gotta agree with Calamari here, whether Bowler intended it or not I got the impression very early on in this thread that he was the pro-biker poster going out of his way to find reasons to justify this shitstorm.

Same here.

EDIT: That pic of the detective, he looks like he realized how fk he be.

Bowler

Uh... I hate to break it to you, buddy... but I think you're confusing me with someone else. Maybe someone earlier in the thread said the things you think I said?

I'm just the guy with three posts in the thread wondering who Bowler's sources were.

This is completely surreal.

In which you would of had your answer in the midst of multi quoting me.

ill spell it out a third time. A friend of mine and I were invited per say to this event. There were thousands of bikers in the city. This video is of 30-50 of them.

I sold my bike, and friend decided not to go as well. The person that invited him still went. That biker was not with this group. But it was all the talk that night.

I texted friend, he texted person who went. Because of this chain, there was fallacies... and I said as which, including calling out my friend with the bullshit he was told. Which I also posted here.

You cant excuse the fact, that I believe I was first who posted who the injured rider was and also why the brake check happened. Alternatively I feel that i misconstrued the text as the minor accident was the first accident on video, not before video. And the only other piece, of rumor is when/if the tires were slashed.

Calamari41

41 > 38

ill spell it out a third time. A friend of mine and I were invited per say to this event. There were thousands of bikers in the city. This video is of 30-50 of them.

I sold my bike, and friend decided not to go as well. The person that invited him still went. That biker was not with this group. But it was all the talk that night.

I texted friend, he texted person who went. Because of this chain, there was fallacies... and I said as which, including calling out my friend with the bullshit he was told. Which I also posted here.

You cant excuse the fact, that I believe I was first who posted who the injured rider was and also why the brake check happened. Alternatively I feel that i misconstrued the text as the minor accident was the first accident on video, not before video. And the only other piece, of rumor is when/if the tires were slashed.

Thank you for the play by play, that's all I wanted. I was seriously just asking out of curiosity. I thought I would ask you here since the topic had come up and I didn't think it would make sense to read through the entirety of the previous thread when, again, you were right here and could answer it in real time.

Jonm1010

Banned

you aren't defending the brake check are you? Serious question? And you can see pieces of the tires coming off in the video where it's clear it was cause they were slashed. I think the link to the breakdown is a page or so back.

Bowler

Yeah, I gotta agree with Calamari here, whether Bowler intended it or not I got the impression very early on in this thread that he was the pro-biker poster going out of his way to find reasons to justify this shitstorm.

Pro biker? I sure am... of the general riding public. This is massive black eye to the entire riding public. That is my domain, and it is entirely because of the actions of a small group.

There is no reason other then of pack gang mentality for this heinous event.

Guess ill think twice before posting about having a connection to something so highly charged in current event news. Peace

The uc must have thought he would be engretiating himself more when he flew of the handle like that. It's a dangerous line of work and now he's been outed. He must be scared shitless.

Draxal

Pro biker? I sure am... of the general riding public. This is massive black eye to the entire riding public. That is my domain, and it is entirely because of the actions of a small group.

There is no reason other then of pack gang mentality for this heinous event.

Guess ill think twice before posting about having a connection to something so highly charged in current event news. Peace

In the formulative events when we weren't sure of what was going on ur were a devils advocate bit to your credit you changed your tune pretty quickly.

I can't say the same for discusguy.

this_guy

Sadly, I think it's very likely this family will try and go after the SUV Driver. They got a very high profile lawyer, who will probably go after everyone.

However, with this undercover cop thing being revealed, maybe they'll focus on suing the city and leave the SUV driver and his family alone.

I'm hoping the suv driver goes after the paralyzed biker. As reported, he shouldn't have been on the road in the first place since he didn't have a license. I think most juries would side with the driver after seeing the video.

Jonm1010

Banned
I do have to say its refreshing to see a poster be as open minded and willing to self criticize and reevaluate as Bowler has done.

All I remembered was the initial posts that seemed to be making claims that flew in the face of the evidence trickling out.

Most posters tend to dig their heels in from their original position and eventually go full stupid if that position turns out to be wrong, but to his credit he has seemingly changed his initial outlook with the evidence as it became available instead of looking only for the evidence to support his initial outlook.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, where I got that from made a mistake, then GAF was down for most of the day, and now seeing the topic on the front page reminded me about this. I'll delete that post.

andthebeatgoeson

My favorite part of this whole story comes down to that lawyer Gloria Alred ignoring Piers Morgan's statement that the paralyzed guy shouldn't have been on the road. He has a suspended license in another state. Her response: When he got run over, he was not driving.

Yeah, but how did he get to the road in the first place? I know she has a job to do but any sensible person at this point would put the majority of the blame on the bikers. I hope they don't sue the RR driver. They probably will and Gloria Alred is a big enough douche to stick around to see if the Asian driver has any assets and/or get on TV. Just a damn shame the RR driver did as much was humanly possible and his name is out there because a bunch of douches can't respect the road or riding. This pisses me off so much.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
The guy that stopped the beating is a freaken hero. What a scary situation to put yourself in between. I would like to think I would have done the same, but I really don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom