• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The biker that was run over by the SUV in NYC might be paralyzed for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

forgrim

anyone else think this undercover cop will not remain undercover for long? pretty sure a witchhunt for him is going to start

Yes a coward like Gandhi, MLK and Jesus, you got that right.

I believe a world full of coward like them and me would be such a better world than a world full of warrior like you.

To be clear, I also don't want anybody to kill to save my life.

Even MLK tried to buy a gun to protect his babies after his house was firebombed. A

bill0527

So with all the publicity this is all getting, how long until one of these groups tries this with the wrong person and end up all being run over? I'd imagine that had the driver in this case known what was going to happen, he could have done a lot more damage to the bikers if he'd been of a mind to do so.

Its going to create a "run over all of them first. Ask questions later" mentality among people that may be in the same situation surrounded by a large group of bikers.

Its going to create a "run over all of them first. Ask questions later" mentality among people that may be in the same situation surrounded by a large group of bikers.

You have every right to barrel through a group of bikers who start assaulting you on a highway. Before and after this incident.

bill0527

You have every right to barrel through a group of bikers who start assaulting you on a highway. Before and after this incident.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Its just one of things thats a game changer in someone's mentality on how you would react in certain situations.

Maybe its a bad comparison, but its kind of like pre and post 9/11. Pre 9/11 you were always told that if your plane is hijacked, to be calm and don't fight back against the hijackers. Post 9/11, we now know that if your plane is hijacked, you better take off your shoes to use as weapons, take off your belt, and get to whipping a jihadists ass. If there are 200 of you and 4 of them, even if they've got small knives, you better bum rush them because if you don't, everyone's gonna die.

Different situation, but same mentality after the video. If you get surrounded by bikers, you better gun it and fuck anyone who may be in front of you.

Hale-XF11

anyone else think this undercover cop will not remain undercover for long? pretty sure a witchhunt for him is going to start

A witchunt is when you go after someone for having views that differ from yours. You're thinking of a manhunt.

I was told that... And I called it, and told my friend, that response is complete bullshit. (which I stated in my post)

You fuckers need to read my posts better... holy shit. lol

Its almost as if.....you're protecting yourself against....a mob.

2.jpg

SuWeDi

Banned
Hate to break it to you, but you aren't any of those people...
I know... just inspired by their common message, Message barely understood during their lifetime (apparently even today), you know what message that was?

Also they were trying to spread a message or cause change in the world...
Not like me?

Pretty sure if their life was in danger they'd fight too...
Really? You know who we talking about here?

MLK, Gandhi and Jesus (the one in the Bible) NEVER fight back when attacked. They were better than me in that front because, unlike them, I will fight back if attacked. Fight yes, kill no.

Like me, MLK, Gandhi and Jesus never advocated the act of killing, doesn't matter the circumstances, self defense included. Damn right I compare myself to them on that point, dealt with it!

Like me, MLK, Gandhi and Jesus never advocated the act of killing, doesn't matter the circumstances, self defense included. Damn right I compare myself to them on that point, dealt with it!

You're full of shit. MLK went out and applied for a handgun permit after his babies were almost murdered. Your ideal is cute but in the real world and not fairly-tale Jesus land that shit doesn't fly.

We both know you're not gonna sit idly by if you walked in on someone harming your family member.

So cut the shit and climb right the fuck down from that cross you've nailed yourself to. You're not impressing anyone.

Local interview with one of the good samaritans who stopped the fight. Said that they dragged the lady out of the car and said "You are going to get it too".

They should have dragged the two years old kid too, since she also messed with their nice city rampart.

seriously all those bikers should be locked for life.

I know... just inspired by their common message, Message barely understood during their lifetime (apparently even today), you know what message that was?

They were using nonviolence to spread change. What message you attempting to send at all?

And Gandhi/MLK both caused significant change during their time. You sure they weren't understood?

Not like me?

No. You are saying you would not defend your family if they were being attacked. You're basically the Anti-Batman.

MLK, Gandhi and Jesus (the one in the Bible) NEVER fight back when attacked. They were better than me in that front because, unlike them, I will fight back if attacked. Fight yes, kill no.

You continue to compare yourself to quite lofty standards and people. I would argue that I don't have to deal with it at all. You need to prove why you aren't just a misguided idealist who hasn't had enough real life experience to justify the morals you carry.

tldr: You're using the name and notoriety of legendary people to justify your weakness.

Not like me?

Jesus had plenty of times were he used violence to prove a point. he also never chastised a soldier for doing his job and MLK as Mammoth mentioned had a gun permit. Gandhi just had a good strategy of waiting the British otherwise he and his people would have been slaughtered.

HoosTrax

I'm a little confused which guy from the video this cop is. Reports are his name is Wojciech Braszczok, so I tend to assume it's a [white] guy of Polish descent. I've seen some reports that seem to suggest it's the black guy with dreadlocks and the Icon back protector vest, who you see come into the picture after the other guy smashes the window with his helmet.

Unless they're referring to one of the other videos that haven't been publicly released yet.

Draxal

Cop is going to be represented by a civilian lawyer, lost the right to the union lawyer ... when he lied to the union.

When someone asking you to clarify your position counts as "throwing hands," you need to re-evaluate said position.

No he doesn't. You accused him of making up rumors and information to support the bikers through out of context misinformation which he clearly posted as such. Then you cry about him calling you a fucker?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The bikers are all great guys, super honest and everything that happened is the fault of the Range Rover driver who was out to cause trouble from the start.

Kacho

I haven't been following this closely but it seems like a lot of the bikers are getting what they deserve. Is the driver of the SUV in trouble too or is he considered the victim despite running that dude over?

Calamari41

41 > 38
No he doesn't. You accused him of making up rumors and information to support the bikers through out of context misinformation which he clearly posted as such. Then you cry about him calling you a fucker?

Oh look, he is the guy I was thinking of:

Rumor Recap:
1. bikers riding mob style
2. RR merges into highway and clips one bike who crashes at low speed
2A. Video starts
3. Bikers then try and slow RR.
4. RR then hits and runs over biker in green kawi
5. http://instagram.com/p/e5uuWsCSx3/ owner of green kawi
7. Mob ensues
8. More bikes hit, milk crate breaks as driver fears for himself and family
9. 50 blocks later tires slashed driver gets pulled out and beaten
10. Nypd confiscates multiple bikes charges pending
11. Press release from nypd only states events from when video starts.

All I got so far.

They started brake checking the RR after a minor merging accident. In which the RR did not stop. Then they took matters into there own hands. Forced the RR to stop, which resulted in the RR to run over a biker and bike.

Updated Rumor Mill:
1. bikers riding mob style all three lanes
2. RR tries to merge into highway.
3. Stunterz try and squeeze traffic to slow down, to allow highway stunting ( a move in which a few bikes speed up to upcoming traffic, and slow their progress, so the "group can get ahead, and wheelie/stoppie with no threat of other cars)
4. RR clips bike trying to maunever around Brake checking Bikes. Angers bikers.
5. Video starts
6. Bikers then try and stop RR. In which they do. One rider goes to talk / yell at driver
4. RR then guns it hits and runs over biker in green kawi
5. http://instagram.com/p/e5uuWsCSx3/ owner of green kawi
7. Mob ensues to chase down driver who just drove over riding buddy, and now all bikers know what happened, and pissed even more
8. More bikes hit, milk crate breaks as driver fears for himself and family
9. 50 blocks later tires slashed driver gets pulled out and beaten
10. Nypd confiscates multiple bikes charges pending
11. Press release from nypd only states events from when video starts.
12. Most news media are siding with Driver. Gang Mentality violence

My take. The whole thing is fucked, and Everyone is at fault. The bikers, the RR driver is at fault as well. It was not a violence threat until he ran over a biker, In which the Mob kicked in. Only one person went to talk to the driver at first, and for all we know, it was to get insurance info/ IMO was more so a "Fuck you asshole, this street in ours" Which at that point a call to the police, and pull over and let the gang do there thing, hoping police show up soon. What Im hearing is that no violence / or personal property was abused, before the run and gun. Simply a man and his family, seeing 60 bikers, now stopped as you pissed one of them off. fears for life. Not sure that means you can now use your range rover as a battery ram though. :/

The real loss of these events that happened, is the guy that was run over, the RR driver and his family, and Law abiding Motorcyclists everywhere else.

I'm hearing that is completely false, and the video kind of backs it up.
(This was in response to someone saying that the police reported that the mob damaged the vehicle at the first stop, before it took off)

Hence the "IMO" portion. lol But the insurance thing was texted to me.

Just like video games causing violence.... Someone will place a news article about Bikers, and there trash, enveloping all of us.

NYPD Confirmed today that there was a accident before the mayhem. Also do you like the NY post that still hasn't posted about one rider run over?
(This was at a point where there was no statement to this effect from the NYPD)

I got tired of searching the first thread, but you get the idea.

I wasn't being offensive, I was trying to clear up whether or not he was the same guy. Turns out he was. Then I was asking who his sources were, the sources that we all agree now had wrong information. I never said he was lying. I was asking who his sources were.

And I'm not "crying" about him calling me a fucker, I just didn't really see how it was called for. You two are the ones being super defensive, here.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I haven't been following this closely but it seems like a lot of the bikers are getting what they deserve. Is the driver of the SUV in trouble too or is he considered the victim despite running that dude over?

Sadly, I think it's very likely this family will try and go after the SUV Driver. They got a very high profile lawyer, who will probably go after everyone.

However, with this undercover cop thing being revealed, maybe they'll focus on suing the city and leave the SUV driver and his family alone.

Kacho

Sadly, I think it's very likely this family will try and go after the SUV Driver. They got a very high profile lawyer, who will probably go after everyone.

However, with this undercover cop thing being revealed, maybe they'll focus on suing the city and leave the SUV driver and his family alone.

That's a damn shame. I hope that poor SUV driver comes out on top when all of this is over. He deserves none of this. Out with his family, minding his own business, and these fuckers go and mess up everything. Makes me so angry.

Its amazing how someone was living theire lives, and a simple "small" action can change one's life. Now the victims (family that was ob the SUV) needs attourneys, has to deal with media, stressfull situations, and possibly revenge from the buddies of the motorcycle club.

Not only that, but the psychological effect, to know you've paralized someone (even as self defense, and that person deserved).

Such unecessary pain that will haunt this family for years to come.

Jonm1010

Banned
Oh look, he is the guy I was thinking of:

(This was in response to someone saying that the police reported that the mob damaged the vehicle at the first stop, before it took off)

(This was at a point where there was no statement to this effect from the NYPD)

I wasn't being offensive, I was trying to clear up whether or not he was the same guy. Turns out he was. Then I was asking who his sources were, the sources that we all agree now had wrong information. I never said he was lying. I was asking who his sources were.

And I'm not "crying" about him calling me a fucker, I just didn't really see how it was called for. You two are the ones being super defensive, here.

Wait people are defending this Bowler guy now?

Hahahahahahahahaha

Detective GAF has struck gold again! Another Gotcha moment! Congratulations, top me-

No, you didn't get shit. He clearly says rumors in almost all of those. And that first thread was a goddamn madhouse, as we didn't have a lot of the information we do now. It was shaky on all accounts. I remember the merging accident rumor too. That was the story for a good while until more information came out.

And yes you called him a liar, unless 'questioning everything you said' isn't calling you a liar now. Also, it was totally called for, because again, you're basically providing misinformation to try and say something completely different.

A hearty lol at 'you two' being defensive, too. I've mostly been here laughing at GAF-Jesus over there. But you went at the dude unnecessarily. Just move on from it.

Edit because it's not worth another post:

Uh... I hate to break it to you, buddy... but I think you're confusing me with someone else. Maybe someone earlier in the thread said the things you think I said?

I'm just the guy with three posts in the thread wondering who Bowler's sources were.

NOAP, it's you.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hahahahahahahahaha

Detective GAF has struck gold again! Another Gotcha moment! Congratulations, top me-

No, you didn't get shit. He clearly says rumors in almost all of those. And that first thread was a goddamn madhouse, as we didn't have a lot of the information we do now. It was shaky on all accounts. I remember the merging accident rumor too. That was the story for a good while until more information came out.

And yes you called him a liar, unless 'questioning everything you said' isn't calling you a liar now. Also, it was totally called for, because again, you're basically providing misinformation to try and say something completely different.

A hearty lol at 'you two' being defensive, too. I've mostly been here laughing at GAF-Jesus over there. But you went at the dude unnecessarily. Just move on from it.

Uh... I hate to break it to you, buddy... but I think you're confusing me with someone else. Maybe someone earlier in the thread said the things you think I said?

I'm just the guy with three posts in the thread wondering who Bowler's sources were.

NOAP, it's you.

This is completely surreal. Do me a favor and quote the post where I said "questioning everything you said." You know, the statement you have already quoted me as saying. If I'm the guy you're talking about, it should be easy. Especially since I've only posted on this page. I even made a point of calling the things he said rumors, not lies.

Fusebox

Banned
Wait people are defending this Bowler guy now?

Yeah, I gotta agree with Calamari here, whether Bowler intended it or not I got the impression very early on in this thread that he was the pro-biker poster going out of his way to find reasons to justify this shitstorm.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

But he's not defensive.

Jonm1010

Banned
Yeah, I gotta agree with Calamari here, whether Bowler intended it or not I got the impression very early on in this thread that he was the pro-biker poster going out of his way to find reasons to justify this shitstorm.
Yeah that's exactly how I kept reading his posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom