• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The biker that was run over by the SUV in NYC might be paralyzed for life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironic the helmet cam of a biker has all the evidence you need to see who was responsible for this madness. Personally they all need to be found, arrested and have their bikes confiscated and licences withdrawn. This behaviour is intolerable.

mooooose

I don't see how anyone can watch that video and feel the RR driver is at fault or should be held legally responsible for his actions. Morally there is grey area.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Ironic the helmet cam of a biker has all the evidence you need to see who was responsible for this madness. Personally they all need to be found, arrested and have their bikes confiscated and licences withdrawn. This behaviour is intolerable.
What licenses?

Jay Fray

I feel for anybody that has to deal with something like this happening to them, but... there is why would you stop on a highway? You are just asking for something bad to happen?

If you're referring to the SUV, he stopped because he had made light contact with the motorcycle that pulled in front of him. I don't think he saw the motorcycles and decided that would be a good time to stop on a highway.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
You all focus on the circumstances instead of the action resulting from it. The circumstances can be anything and still lead to the same action. You all have in mind multiples circumstantial possibility in which you think you would kill someone to protect yourself or your family, but you have a hard time imagining any circumstances in which you could be force to rape someone to avoid be rape yourself? wow...

What about this as a circumstances... a criminal threaten you at gunpoint and ask you to rape someone else you know or not, if you refuse to act, he will rape you. What choice would you make then?
You're being raped either way. (Being forced to have sex against your will and all that you know.)

Nobody should get a free pass to beat on you simply because any resistance may end such a precious life as the one of your potential killer.

I really don't understand why a random piece of shit is supposed to be sacrosanct while you are not.

dalin80

Banned
how does one armor up their car tires?

Are there weaponproof tires like in bond cars?

There are run flat tyres that have a rigid reinforced side wall that allows the tyre remain in shape even with no air pressure, although eventually it will give give way and drop they can typically last a good few miles where as a normal tyre will be a pile of bits on the floor after a few hundred feet.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
There are run flat tyres that have a rigid reinforced side wall that allows the tyre remain in shape even with no air pressure, although eventually it will give give way and drop they can typically last a good few miles where as a normal tyre will be a pile of bits on the floor after a few hundred feet.

They're only good for about 50 miles.

Jackson

how does one armor up their car tires?

Are there weaponproof tires like in bond cars?

image0014.jpg

Can't pop these.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The amount of fucking denial from these assholes is incredible. And two cops with them. Both apparently joyriding and hiding their identity with the union repeating their bullshit story.

get your shit in order nypd.

Filth

Ugh, there was a second cop in the mob who did nothing?

now im not condoning the cops doing nothing. honestly im really not but i can tell you from personal experience what happens in nyc as a cop. if by any chance you are at a location where something major happens that you aren't apart of for example this bike ride that turned into a beat down. regardless if you are involved or not you get in trouble. another example would be if i went to a bar and some major fight broke out where you aren't involved what so ever but someone gets seriously hurt and you coudnt stop it you would get in trouble cause you were there. and by trouble i mean you get investigated which takes 1-2 years to clear yourself. in that time you get your shield and gun taken away and you get assigned some shitty job. so what these cops did which is what every cop would do is not get involved and make it like they weren't there. its not because they dont want to help its because if they get involved its their job automatically in jeopardy. the undercover cop shoudnt have done anything honestly. regardless of on duty or not hes an undercover. no one is suppose to know your a cop.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
So they tried to drag the wife out of the suv too.

They are all scum.

Where did you hear this?

Chance has 21 arrests on his rap, sources said — including for drug, weapons and robbery felonies.

Great people we have here. The group also had at least two undercover police officers within their ranks. Clearly this was a peace loving group, and we should trust every word that comes out of their mouths.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
now im not condoning the cops doing nothing. honestly im really not but i can tell you from personal experience what happens in nyc as a cop. if by any chance you are at a location where something major happens that you aren't apart of for example this bike ride that turned into a beat down. regardless if you are involved or not you get in trouble. another example would be if i went to a bar and some major fight broke out where you aren't involved what so ever but someone gets seriously hurt and you coudnt stop it you would get in trouble cause you were there. and by trouble i mean you get investigated which takes 1-2 years to clear yourself. in that time you get your shield and gun taken away and you get assigned some shitty job. so what these cops did which is what every cop would do is not get involved and make it like they weren't there. its not because they dont want to help its because if they get involved its their job automatically in jeopardy. the undercover cop shoudnt have done anything honestly. regardless of on duty or not hes an undercover. no one is suppose to know your a cop.

and the four days they kept it hidden from their bosses? What part of police work is that?

Draxal

Thanks for the link, I was looking for an upload of it. (although it was a different video then I remembered). Here it is entirety http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=9276925

In an unrelated but shockingly similiar incident that took place late September.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/23/newser-sikh-attack/2854043/; also referenced in this thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684361&highlight=sikh

In what police are investigating as a hate crime, a Columbia University professor was badly beaten on a New York City street Saturday by a mob that apparently believed he was a Muslim.

Police say Prabjot Singh, a 31-year-old Sikh, was attacked just blocks from his home by a group of more than 20 young men on bikes who called him a terrorist and shouted "Get Osama!" Singh, who was saved when passersby intervened, was left with injuries including a fractured jaw, reports the Columbia Spectator.

what bravery. thank god for the cops hiding.

Formosa

people really dogging on the undercover cop? He's undercover. But there seemed to be a few other cops there too... hmmm...

As far as I know, 1 cop is an undercover cop, and there is another off-duty cop. I don't know what the story is for the off-duty one since he isn't an undercover.

For some reason I'd imagine them to all be white 'lost and the damned' type of 'stereotype'. Whats the ethnicity breakdown of people involved in this incident?

Draxal

For some reason I'd imagine them to all be white 'lost and the damned' type of 'stereotype'. Whats the ethnicity breakdown of people involved in this incident?

Majority is black or Hispanic. The majority of the bikers did not know each other, and are now very much in the process of distancing themselves from the other bikers.

Wiktor

Unfortunately, is very sad to live in a world where my position is considered the radical one.
Radical one? More like utterly selfish one.

Because you make it obvious that your own principles and morality are worth more than the live of your family members.

Every biker involved in the attack should be locked up for life for attempted murder. All the bikers involved in the road blocking and general assholery on the road should be charged with every traffic crime possible and every child endangering charge possible.

Flek

Banned
Every biker involved in the attack should be locked up for life for attempted murder. All the bikers involved in the road blocking and general assholery on the road should be charged with every traffic crime possible and every child endangering charge possible.

true maybe even death penality for the attackers

No Love

Banned
Radical one? More like utterly selfish one.

Because you make it obvious that your own principles and morality are worth more than the live of your family members.

Yeah, pretty disgusting. He just sounds like a coward to me, a coward that wouldn't fight tooth and nail to protect his loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom