• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The biker that was run over by the SUV in NYC might be paralyzed for life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only real bikes are Harleys BULLSHIT.

Harley groups do the exact same fucking thing everyone is crying about, slow down traffic, block intersections, act like total dicks to any cars that try and merge in the middle of their group. They just don't pop wheelies because they cant.

Harley groups tend to baby their bikes, not brake check, and have organized meetups, also have license plates. Also they don't try to stop cars and try to get in.
ku-bigpic.gif

That said, I hate Harleys. They are noisy and clog up the country/mountain side roads (Cali at least)

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
They got Gloria Allred to defend them? Oh boy.

I wouldn't worry about the SUV driver's defense. Public opinion is massively on his side. Hell, I'd donate some dollars to his defense fund.

Formosa

Harley groups do the exact same fucking thing everyone is crying about, slow down traffic, block intersections, act like total dicks to any cars that try and merge in the middle of their group. They just don't pop wheelies because they cant.

All the groups of Harley bikers I've seen in NY were pretty cool, they ride with pride not like thugs. They would ride in lines mostly. NOT like what you see in the video of this incident.

Downhome

i came cross something interesting that was posted on the FB page:

"Here is some additional information you all might want to read. This is my personal experience with this situation. I made sure to post this on the support site as well. As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not to stop. You can clearly see in the video how they are well practiced in this style of attack. The police in NY have backed off them after an officer ran one down using his vehicle a few months back. The video was all over the net so I advise you to check it out. These "bikers" ride dirt bikes and sport bikes very few of which are street legal and even fewer have plates. They run red lights, stop signs, and have no regard for the law. If you are ever in this situation do not stop, immediately call the police and do whatever you have to to keep them from boxing you in. NEVER leave the scene of an accident if you are not under direct threat!!! Only run if you have no other choice, and again immediately call the police. This is not rare by any means, the only reason this incident got any attention is because of the helmet cam video being posted on the net. If you see anyone in this situation, call the police. Make no mistake confusing these punks with true bikers. You will rarely if ever see a member of these gangs on a Harley. Do not for a minute blame true bikers for this kind of behavior. Bikers like those involved in the 2 million Bikers to DC Rally are American Patriots and would be among the first to come to your aid. A final note, always be aware of motorcycles and share the road. Check your mirrors and don't ride anyone's bumper, motorcycles have a much smaller profile then a car and are harder to see."

Which FB page was that posted on?

yogloo

Here is my honest uncensored opinion about this case. I'm really glad the biker got paralyzed. I am really disappointed that only one of them got paralyzed because those bikers are useless dipshits.

Not really surprised about people defending the bikers though. We have a defense force for everything. Rape, Bigfoot, krokodil, meth. You name it and gaf will have a defense force for it.

SuWeDi

Banned
No internet warrior and Truman disciple in this thread have as a MORAL PRINCIPLE to never have to kill another human being EVER, no matter the reason?

My fear of death is outweigh considerably by my aversion and absolute disgust at the thought of inflict it to another person, any person. I respect live so much that in no way I will ever choose to kill another human being, yes even by self defense, or even to protect my family. Sure I will protect them as much as I can until I have to kill to continue to do so.

Ironicaly, I'm not christian or religious anymore but I believe firmly in the moral imperative "Thou shalt not kill" with no "if" or "but" attach to it. For me is that simple really, no reason can ever justify the killing of another human being. Unfortunately, is very sad to live in a world where my position is considered the radical one.

Downhome

Here is my honest uncensored opinion about this case. I'm really glad the biker got paralyzed. I am really disappointed that only one of them got paralyzed because those bikers are useless dipshits.

Not really surprised about people defending the bikers though. We have a defense force for everything. Rape, Bigfoot, krokodil, meth. You name it and gaf will have a defense force for it.

I really need a link to a meth defense force thread...

railGUN

Banned
No internet warrior and Truman disciple in this thread have as a MORAL PRINCIPLE to never have to kill another human being EVER, no matter the reason?

My fear of death is outweigh considerably by my aversion and absolute disgust at the thought of inflict it to another person, any person. I respect live so much that in no way I will ever choose to kill another human being, yes even by self defense, or even to protect my family. Sure I will protect them as much as I can until I have to kill to continue to do so.

Ironicaly, I'm not christian or religious anymore but I believe firmly in the moral imperative "Thou shalt not kill" with no "if" or "but" attach to it. For me is that simple really, no reason can ever justify the killing of another human being. Unfortunately, is very sad to live in a world where my position is considered the radical one.

You wouldn't kill someone to protect your own child?

You would let your child be killed out of moral principle?

I'm reading this correct?

tbm24

More power to you. Just there are/have been reasons to kill throughout history which have lead us to where we are now. For better or for worse depending on how you choose to look at it. Best you can do is hope you never find yourself in a position where you need to make that decision, but if you do I really hope you don't choose to give up and be killed because of some ideal principle.

Downhome

I hope not, that would be crazy.

The entire "thou shall not kill" thing is misinterpreted by almost everyone as well. Not to get all Biblical or anything but that is specifically talking about "premeditated murder" only, not some general definition of all kinds of killing someone else.

Oh my. Thank you, lol.

That's fine. But not everyone is a pacifist.

is it really a moral thing or a genetic/paternal instinct for survival/protecting your young?

Like if you are drowning, your body will start flailing like crazy out of your control in order to live.

I don't think the driver had a 'breach and clear slowmo' moment from call of duty. I'd be surprised if he remembered the whole incident clearly.

this_guy

I would like to see the suv driver counter sue back and go on the offensive. I think most juries would side with a man protecting his family over a gang of hooligans, and the biker shouldn't have been on the road in the first place since he doesn't have a license. I could see emotional distress especially for the wife and infant daughter watching what occurred.

a lawsuit would be soo boring unless there is a twist of say the RR is stashed with stolen cocaine of the bikers and it was a deal gone wrong.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
i came cross something interesting that was posted on the FB page:

"Here is some additional information you all might want to read. This is my personal experience with this situation. I made sure to post this on the support site as well. As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not to stop. You can clearly see in the video how they are well practiced in this style of attack. The police in NY have backed off them after an officer ran one down using his vehicle a few months back. The video was all over the net so I advise you to check it out. These "bikers" ride dirt bikes and sport bikes very few of which are street legal and even fewer have plates. They run red lights, stop signs, and have no regard for the law. If you are ever in this situation do not stop, immediately call the police and do whatever you have to to keep them from boxing you in. NEVER leave the scene of an accident if you are not under direct threat!!! Only run if you have no other choice, and again immediately call the police. This is not rare by any means, the only reason this incident got any attention is because of the helmet cam video being posted on the net. If you see anyone in this situation, call the police. Make no mistake confusing these punks with true bikers. You will rarely if ever see a member of these gangs on a Harley. Do not for a minute blame true bikers for this kind of behavior. Bikers like those involved in the 2 million Bikers to DC Rally are American Patriots and would be among the first to come to your aid. A final note, always be aware of motorcycles and share the road. Check your mirrors and don't ride anyone's bumper, motorcycles have a much smaller profile then a car and are harder to see."

These guys sound like white supremicists to me.

DarkKyo

Seeing this case and now knowing their "game", going forward in life if I'm ever caught in this situation I'm going to go GTA on their asses and swerve left and right to clear the road of these assholes instead of going straight forward like this poor guy did. How else would you ever stop the chase?

SuWeDi

Banned

YES! you read that correctly. Everybody is not a potential killer.

Best you can do is hope you never find yourself in a position where you need to make that decision, but if you do I really hope you don't choose to give up and be killed because of some ideal principle.

I will defend myself and my family, I will just never kill to do so. Is so hard to understand?

Ok, I assume, as a "normal" person, you're repulse by the idea of raping someone, right? Then questions, would you rape someone to avoid be rape yourself? would you rape someone to save your live? If not, why not? you willing to kill but not to rape, how so?

That's fine. But not everyone is a pacifist.
Part of the problem in the first place.

this_guy

Ok, I assume, as a "normal" person, you're repulse by the idea of raping someone, right? Then questions, would you rape someone to avoid be rape yourself? would you rape someone to save your live? If not, why not? you willing to kill but not to rape, how so?

What a stupid analogy. You don't need to rape to avoid being raped, but what if you had to kill to avoid being raped? You're on the phone with 911, like the family was when they were surrounded, but you get attacked, like the bikers were damaging the suv and slashing tires. Would you use a weapon if you had one on you, or would you take it and hope the 911 call is enough?

Vormund

You can't truly say how you would react in a situation like this unless it happened. If someone was attempting to murder my wife or child in front of me I'm going to do anything to stop them. Whether or not it ends up with the attacker dying is hard to say.

Flo_Evans

What a stupid analogy. You don't need to rape to avoid being raped, but what if you had to kill to avoid being raped? You're on the phone with 911, like the family was when they were surrounded, but you get attacked, like the bikers were damaging the suv and slashing tires. Would you use a weapon if you had one on you, or would you take it and hope the 911 call is enough?

How do you know they where slashing his tires? Again you are taking the word of the SUV driver here with no other evidence. Far more likely he punctured his tires running over peoples bikes.

this_guy

How do you know they where slashing his tires? Again you are taking the word of the SUV driver here with no other evidence. Far more likely he punctured his tires running over peoples bikes.

It was still a stupid analogy. And I'll take the word of the SUV driver over your speculation, unless you were there too?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

I agree with everything in this post.

Lamel

Banned
It sucks that he is paralyzed and his family will be affected too.

Now he doesn't deserve this fate, but it's hard to say that this is a surprise if that is the kind of crowd you roll with.

Link to Bigfoot defense force please. I want to join.

To be honest I would more likely be riding with the biker group than driving my SUV around.

Would you associate with people that drive the way some of the bikers did in the liveleaks videos? I'm a car enthusiast, if I attended a meet and witnessed people driving like that I wouldn't attend or associate with them again.

I know you go on to say you pop wheelies, do you drive as dangerously as some of these guys do? Driving into/between oncoming traffic, running reds etc. If so do you also remove your license plate before hand?

this_guy

Seriously?... Imagination is what you lack is seem.

Rape to avoid being raped? I guess the Range Rover should not have plowed forward to get the hell out of there, but instead call up 30 of his buddies to pop wheelies in their suv's and surround the bikers instead? Is that reasonable to you, or am I lacking imagination again?

And please do explain why one would have to rape to avoid being raped.

milkham

The dad then hit one of the motorcycles, and the others surrounded him and started hitting his Range Rover and slashing his tires, police said.The family then sped off, apparently striking some bikers, who chased them, police said.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-Toddler-Range-Rover-Manhattan-225817761.html

Flo_Evans

Would you associate with people that drive the way some of the bikers did in the liveleaks videos? I'm a car enthusiast, if I attended a meet and witnessed people driving like that I wouldn't attend or associate with them again.

I know you go on to say you pop wheelies, do you drive as dangerously as some of these guys do? Driving into/between oncoming traffic, running reds etc. If so do you also remove your license plate before hand?

I think you (allot of people) really are going a bit far with the association/affiliation of all the people out riding bikes that day. It was a huge public event, bikers from all over not some cohesive group.

If I heard about it beforehand and lived in the area I might have taken my bike out and rode around sure. If I felt people were riding recklessly and putting me in danger I would just leave.

For what it is worth there was a similar ride like this in St. Louis a month ago. 2 people died. http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/da..._century_deaths_michael_evans_justin_rohe.php

No way I am going riding with those people. Although it should be noted they didn't harm anyone but themselves.

agrajag

Banned
The Justice For Alexian Lien has a third of the likes of Justice For Jay Meeze facebook page. GAF-force assemble!

blackflag

I will defend myself and my family, I will just never kill to do so. Is so hard to understand?

Dumbest logic I've ever heard in my long life. Using rape as an example in this situation? wut?

no they don't. stop spewing lies.

it's a naive point of view. if someone was threatening to kill your child, had your child and was about to inflict a killing blow your views would change.

sometimes you may have to kill. of course no one wants to kill if they can but there may be a day when something like that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom