• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The biker that was run over by the SUV in NYC might be paralyzed for life

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Video Surfaces Of Bikers Attacking Another Car

38-year-old Brooklynite, married father of six Reginald Chance went before a judge Sunday for bashing in the window of Alexian Lien`s Range Rover after a motorcycle chase last Sunday. Meanwhile, new video has surfaced of the same bike crew surrounding and attacking another car earlier in the day.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/video-surfaces-bikers-attacking-another-131013149.html

NYPD was too busy frisking black people to pay attention to these street terrorists.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
The biker who smashed the RR's window with his helmet in Manhattan criminal court:

bikers7n-1-web.jpg

What a classy fellow.

Wow - these guys that beat him in front of his wife and child are terrible. Ugh.

I love how they say married father of six like he's some kind of standup common family man. He had sex at least six times, but something tells me he's not much of a "father."

mm04

I love how they say married father of six like he's some kind of standup common family man. He had sex at least six times, but something tells me he's not much of a "father."

That reminds me of Chris Rock's standup routine where the lady brags about taking care of her kids. You're supposed to do that! They're your kids. You don't get a medal for it.

edit: It is the Prius video, but it adds the interview with the good Samaritan who prevented the wife from being pulled from the car too.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
So with all the publicity this is all getting, how long until one of these groups tries this with the wrong person and end up all being run over? I'd imagine that had the driver in this case known what was going to happen, he could have done a lot more damage to the bikers if he'd been of a mind to do so.

Probably too disgusted to stay in a thread where people were saying a man deserved to be paralysed for life.
Sorry, spefically the ones that were saying the bikers were in the right. The ones that believe the mean rich Asian picked a fight with the innocent motorcyclists that were just having a peaceful group ride. The same guys who flipped of the media and have an extensive criminal history. Also the guys that tried to pull out the wife and child. I'm sure if they come back they will praise the motorcyclists saying "they were just trying to pull them from safety. Clearly the driver was out to harm his wife and child."

Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break.

J_Lee

Banned
Probably too disgusted to stay in a thread where people were saying a man deserved to be paralysed for life.

When you do something you shouldn't life altering consequences can happen, do I feel sorry for him? No. I would of probably called the police and told them if they didn't get to me soon I was going to start running over a lot more bikers which is what the guy in the SUV should of done.

Bowler

Sorry, spefically the ones that were saying the bikers were in the right. The ones that believe the mean rich Asian picked a fight with the innocent motorcyclists that were just having a peaceful group ride. The same guys who flipped of the media and have an extensive criminal history. Also the guys that tried to pull out the wife and child. I'm sure if they come back they will praise the motorcyclists saying "they were just trying to pull them from safety. Clearly the driver was out to harm his wife and child."

Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break.

I dont remember anybody posting that

Bowler

Hey, aren't you the "tales from my ass" guy that spread multiple rumors in the original thread that attempted to put the motorcyclists in a better light but never ended up having any credibility?

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=84221427&postcount=766

Don't get me wrong, you never flat out take a side, but there's enough misinformation from you to suspect.

Search my posts... I did take a side. It was appalling. All I tried to do is try and make sence of the truly heinous event.

Yeah, pretty disgusting. He just sounds like a coward to me, a coward that wouldn't fight tooth and nail to protect his loved ones.

Gotta remember...it's all talk on the internet. It's REALLY easy to pretend to be "above it all" when you're warm, fed, comfortable. In reality if something did happen I'm fairly certain he/she would do whatever needed to be done to ensure the safety of their family/loved ones.

No sane person is willing to sacrifice their family on the alter of their own moral convictions.

Draxal

Apparently, the undercover cop did attack the SUV, but not the drivers. Will probably not be charged by the DA but IA is going to go after him.

Draxal

http://nypost.com/2013/10/07/bike-cop-joined-in-on-suv-beatdown-video-reveals/

That is some sad, crazy bullshit right there. New York's finest!

Thanks was using mobile gaf at the time.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...tack-doesn-feel-responsible-article-1.1478475

Lists the name of the other detective that was riding, but not at the attack. Funny thing is that this detective got arrested in August.

http://nypost.com/2013/08/04/det-da-in-brawl-with-cops/

Also, from the daily news comments is this picture; I'm not sure if it's legit.

555460_331191363691540_1285423048_n.jpg

antonz

Cannot fucking wait for the mental gymanstics the Police Union is going to do to try and protect the undercover cop now.

"He had to attack so he wouldnt seem out of place" sounds about right.

IA better hold his ass to a flame so hot he never gets a chance to ride again

andthebeatgoeson

You, spreading rumors with no source. I thought you were having fun at some point but you brought out a few rumors that could easily be misconstrued as misinformation now.

If that's true, does the RR driver have a case against the city?
Of course. But it's hard to make it stock to any police. Only if the cops give him up.

Either way, I stick by my logic: once they surrounded the vehicle and didn't pull over, all bets where off. It's an intimidation factor and no one in their right mind gets out of the RR. It's the direct cause of the paralyzed guy. You can surround a guy all you want, probably hard to find a law against it but it's a violation of man law. I know if I'm with 6 guys and we surround one guy, he may become hostile. Common sense dictates you don't surround a guy unless you want to do something or you're a douche. I think both applies to these hipster bikers with their ipads. Hope they got good video.

SuWeDi

Banned
Yeah, pretty disgusting. He just sounds like a coward to me, a coward that wouldn't fight tooth and nail to protect his loved ones.
Yes a coward like Gandhi, MLK and Jesus, you got that right.

I believe a world full of coward like them and me would be such a better world than a world full of warrior like you.

To be clear, I also don't want anybody to kill to save my life.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

I believe a world full of coward like them and me would be such a better world than a world full of warrior like you.

You cannot be serious.

Hate to break it to you, but you aren't any of those people. Also they were trying to spread a message or cause change in the world. Pretty sure if their life was in danger they'd fight too.

Nice job. You're outta your mind.

Draxal

Looks like the cop might be charged soon on thursday. There are more videos supposedly and they're pretty damning of him.

Source twitter dnainfo

Hate to break it to you, but you aren't any of those people. Also they were trying to spread a message or cause change in the world. Pretty sure if their life was in danger they'd fight too.

Nice job. You're outta your mind.
Sheltered people talk all kinds of shit, then when they are finally in an actual dangerous situation, they will have the same fight or flight response as everyone else, and will do anything to save themselves, just like everyone else.

"Don't run over the bikers while they are trying to attack you" is the new "shoot his gun out of his hand".

J-Rod

I'm glad these idiots took so many videos of themselves else more would've probably got away with it. Particularly the undercover cop participating.

Homeboyd

lol what the fuck dude

Doodis

Meanwhile, Christopher Cruz, 28, who allegedly started the chain of events by slowing down his bike to let his pals ahead — leaving Lien to bump his car into him — said in an interview aired Monday that he felt no responsibility.

“I was looking over my shoulder to see where my friends were,” he told ABC News. “I wanted them to pull in front so I could follow them. I didn’t brake, but when I looked over my shoulder, my hand came off the throttle a little, but the driver didn’t slow down at all and bumped me.”

Seriously? You're running with that, huh? What a prick.

Looks like the cop might be charged soon on thursday. There are more videos supposedly and they're pretty damning of him.

Source twitter dnainfo

Oh boy. This whole thing keeps getting worse and worse. Who's bright idea was it in the biker crew to keep recording everything they do?!

Sheltered people talk all kinds of shit, then when they are finally in an actual dangerous situation, they will have the same fight or flight response as everyone else, and will do anything to save themselves, just like everyone else.

"Don't run over the bikers while they are trying to attack you" is the new "shoot his gun out of his hand".

Pretty much. I thought that way for a little bit too...when I was 12-13 and such. Now, though? Shooting someone's gun out of their hand is for video games, not real life.

He can't answer you, his hands are nailed to a cross.

DAYUM

Calamari41

41 > 38

You're the guy who kept saying things like "I'm hearing a rumor that they only tried to stop the Range Rover so that they could exchange insurance information with him," and "I'm hearing a rumor that he crashed into some bikes before the video starts," right? Did you ever reveal who your sources were?

Bowler

You're the guy who kept saying things like "I'm hearing a rumor that they only tried to stop the Range Rover so that they could exchange insurance information with him," and "I'm hearing a rumor that he crashed into some bikes before the video starts," right? Did you ever reveal who your sources were?

I was told that... And I called it, and told my friend, that response is complete bullshit. (which I stated in my post)

You fuckers need to read my posts better... holy shit. lol

Calamari41

41 > 38
I was told that... And I called it, and told my friend, that response is complete bullshit. (which I stated in my post)

You fuckers need to read my posts better... holy shit. lol

Can you please clarify the first half of your post? I don't understand what you're saying, and I was honestly asking the question, not trying to "get" you or anything.

And please don't call me a fucker, that is totally uncalled for.

Dude just compared himself to Jesus and you want to come at me? :p

Gandhi and MLK both were assassinated, after many attempts to do so. Were these attempts thwarted by non violence? Or by bodyguards? Police? Or them themselves?

Gandhi's pacifism was more to prevent large scale conflicts and war, MLK's was to combat racial inequality.

And Jesus, well...

And please don't call me a fucker, that is totally uncalled for.

Don't throw hands at a dude and expect him to just take it sitting, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom