• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

thank you sir taptap and cheat code. using your tips and seed numbers, i beat the lamb with the lost, first try on hard mode. that was one hell of a seed. now i'm gonna do it again on the chest, now that i know where things are i can probably make it a boss rush run too.

i'm so glad. i wanted to get all the items in the game, obviously i want godhead. but the thought of playing the lost over and over made me kinda bummed. i'll feel enough pride having beaten all the other characters on hard legit.

please don't make us do the lost on the dlc stuff to get new items :(

edit: and i just got the boss rush and chest run as the lost using the exploit. now i have godhead. feels good. now i can go back to finishing off eden runs on hard and boss rushes for all besides the lost the good old fashioned legit way.

does the seed exploit work on pc?

i have everything done with the lost on hard except boss rush and i just dont think ill ever get it. ive always preferred to play slow and playing quick without taking a hit....just never gonna happen for me.

SerTapTap

does the seed exploit work on pc?

i have everything done with the lost on hard except boss rush and i just dont think ill ever get it. ive always preferred to play slow and playing quick without taking a hit....just never gonna happen for me.

No, seed exploit was patched long ago on PC and mods also (somehow) now cause the game to not pop achievements or unlocks

SerTapTap

Monstro's lung+chocolate milk is pretty much gg. One of the funner broken combos

It's one of those combos I was super suspicious of (double charge time?!) but then you get it and find out charge time is the same so it's basically a free hardcore damage buff

Another seed you can try for 'the Lost' is M8FC C2PF.

The curse room right next to spawn has a teleporter chest taking you to a full Guppy (includng Dead Cat) Devil Deal.

Getting back out of the curse room requires a bit of luck, but if you can do it the rest of the run is good stuff. Proptosis, Cricket's Head, Pretty Fly(x3), Ludovico technique, Ceremonial Robes, Lump of Coal.

No Holy Mantle, but I found this run more entertaining than any I've done with Holy Mantle. But then Ludo is probably my favorite item. And Ludo + Guppy is silly good, since you can send damage and flies anywhere in any room.

Haunted

I like that they keep experimenting with the screen transitions for Curse of the Maze. First they didn't do anything, then they had the screenwipe in the last patch, and in this patch the map does a little shake to indicate when the maze has teleported you.

I hope some of the things that reddit user NotYourSagitarius made make it into the game.... Not the brimstone hosts though, those sound dreadful. His alt floors for Sheol and the Cathedral look amazing however.
That looks cool.

V38b30L.jpg

VrwrCe7.jpg

is missing number broken on v1.3 or earlier? i've beaten the boss rush with lazarus twice now and it's still not showing up. it's the last item i gotta get now.

Ambitious

I've made it to
The Chest
for the second time. And this time, I've even made it to the boss room (which I haven't entered yet. Taking a short break).

My stats and items are not particularly good, but I've got Brimstone. And as my health was reduced to two hearts in this floor, I decided to pick up Dead Cat. So now I have nine chances to beat the boss without taking any damage. That's gonna be fun.

I've made it to
The Chest
for the second time. And this time, I've even made it to the boss room (which I haven't entered yet. Taking a short break).

My stats and items are not particularly good, but I've got Brimstone. And as my health was reduced to two hearts in this floor, I decided to pick up Dead Cat. So now I have nine chances to beat the boss without taking any damage. That's gonna be fun.
Unless it's a key run it should be very much doable.

SerTapTap

is missing number broken on v1.3 or earlier? i've beaten the boss rush with lazarus twice now and it's still not showing up. it's the last item i gotta get now.

Trophy, or the unlock? Trophies randomly fail to pop still, unlocks should all be possible. I have Platinum for proof, but did have to get some random trophies on a second file. Not sure if it's luck or what, but they all popped first try on the second file.

Check your unlocks to make sure it's didn't unlock without you noticing. It's number 105.

I am apparently a masochist as I'm trying to unlock Godhead on a second file.

All I have left is the Lamb. I made it all the way to the dark room with a good but not insane build and 5 lives left on my Dead Cat. I come to a crossroads with no idea which way to go.

One way has Dual Adversaries. The other has Dual Cages.

Run over. If the Lost exists rooms like that should not. Sigh.

We should have the ultimate challenge in the DLC:

The Purist but with
The Lost
. Goal:
Mega Satan

Yeah, no. This would be an awful idea.

Trophy, or the unlock? Trophies randomly fail to pop still, unlocks should all be possible. I have Platinum for proof, but did have to get some random trophies on a second file. Not sure if it's luck or what, but they all popped first try on the second file.

Check your unlocks to make sure it's didn't unlock without you noticing. It's number 105.

yep, you're right i had unlocked it. just grinded it out a bunch and finally found it, that was all i needed and i got my platinum god immediately followed by real platinum god. now i just beat hard mode boss rushes for everyone and i can be done with the grind and just enjoy playing as whoever i want. i can't wait for the dlc.

Messiek

Satan for the second time ever, but this time way more equipped. I had it, until I used The Bible I was holding. GG Satan... GG ;/

That's how you learn a few new tricks of an item : )

YoodlePro

Ok guys, just beat everything on hard with the lost... But im în EU (1.01), and guess what... No godhead.

Please God, or someone please, tell me that when the game gets patched godgodhead will be unlocked and I dont have to go through that again.

ThisOne

Ok guys, just beat everything on hard with the lost... But im în EU (1.01), and guess what... No godhead.

Please God, or someone please, tell me that when the game gets patched godgodhead will be unlocked and I dont have to go through that again.

I don't think anyone knows for sure if trophies will pop once the game is patched.

ThisOne

If you just want to say "fuck The Lost" use this seed.

SNF3 DRKA

Holy Mantle first item room, 20/20, both Cricket items, Guppy, several damage ups. It's basically impossible to die.

Does that seed work like that on Hard? I used it but I never got Guppy or the Cricket Body. I ended up dying at Sheol :(

Does that seed work like that on Hard? I used it but I never got Guppy or the Cricket Body. I ended up dying at Sheol :(

The layout can change but items are generally the same between Hard and Normal in my experience.

But if you have different unlocks you'll get different items. I had a seed which used to give me Guppy from curse rooms and now gives me crap like Eve's Mascara and Pandora's Box.

Seeing how it worked in the US, it should work though you might have to start another game with the Lost.

The bigger issue here is that you assume we're getting that patch lol.

Ambitious

Unless it's a key run it should be very much doable.

In theory. I failed, unfortunately.

But in my current run, I've just reached the same floor again. Quad Shot, Parasite, Fear Shot, Mulligan, Tech 5, Halo of Flies, 5/7 damage. I acidentally picked up Chocolate Milk, but thanks to loads of Tears Up pills, the charge rate is ridiculously high.

edit: Yup, the boss was down in 15 seconds. Would have been 10 seconds if the frame rate didn't drop to single digits.

I used it on hard and it worked, although some of the floor layouts are different so I don't think you can get Guppy as early because of the lack of first/second floor Goat's Head.

ThisOne

I used it on hard and it worked, although some of the floor layouts are different so I don't think you can get Guppy as early because of the lack of first/second floor Goat's Head.

I got it to work. Almost killed myself many times thanks to Bob's Brain, but managed to beat the Dark Room.

Anyone know what Secret #175 is? I unlocked it on my last run when I beat Satan. It says "You unlocked 'O'" and has a picture of a little angel or something. I'm not really sure what it does or what I even did to unlock it.

SerTapTap

I got it to work. Almost killed myself many times thanks to Bob's Brain, but managed to beat the Dark Room.

Anyone know what Secret #175 is? I unlocked it on my last run when I beat Satan. It says "You unlocked 'O'" and has a picture of a little angel or something. I'm not really sure what it does or what I even did to unlock it.

It's the baby unlock for The Lost--an invincible baby. It's only for the randomly selected co op baby.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I swear to god this game is sentient. Here I am, wiping the floor with the Chest, thinking how the only thing that would make this run better is higher Tears, something like The Sad Onion. That VERY room, a chest drops with The Sad Onion in it. Praise be to RNGesus.

beanman25

Got Real Platinum God yesterday. Copied to save slot 2 to try and start Eden Streaks. I'm 5-0 on this file. Most recent run started me with Mom's Knife in item room #1 along with Boomerang + Broken Remote. I teleported my way to each boss and won with ease.

This game is so amazing.

Afrodium

Banned
Was there a patch that made Super Meat Boy or Super Bandage Girl easier to achieve? I've gotten a Super Bandage Girl twice within like three runs. Also, is this a PS4 trophy? I didn't get one.

SerTapTap

Was there a patch that made Super Meat Boy or Super Bandage Girl easier to achieve? I've gotten a Super Bandage Girl twice within like three runs. Also, is this a PS4 trophy? I didn't get one.
Yes a patch made them less random but still extremely rare. I think odd floors always give one and even the other. At least that's how the book of revs seeds seem to work

Ferrio

Banned
So anyone know what changes Crack the Sky actually got? Saw cobalt use it the other day, it actually hit a boss and one shot the fucker. People said it got buffed. It's damage obviously did, but did it's accuracy get touched or was he just lucky?

beanman25

What the fuck?

Beat Blue Baby, then D100'd to this. Then I got a Forget Me Now from the D100 and played again whilst dominating the floor.

No clue how it was so crazy though, because I wasn't really having too crazy of a build prior. I did have a bunch of items from abundance/blank card on the womb. But my tears weren't too crazy. IT was mostly familiars.

No seed? You monster

I have a seed, I write cool seeds down!

6JLZ AK4Y on hard.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yes a patch made them less random but still extremely rare. I think odd floors always give one and even the other. At least that's how the book of revs seeds seem to work

How would that work with the Mom and Mom's Heart/It Lives fights?

Haunted

I MADE A SUPER MEAT BOY YOU GUYS

Only took 254 hours and 378 runs. Looking forward to getting my Super Bandage Girl achievement at ~500 hours.

SerTapTap

It probably slipped through SCEE's cracks and will never actually surface but hopefully they actually publish this new one. So no fully functional game + seed exploit version. Sorry about The Lost, item collection and Meat Boy, Europe...

I still think they screwed up cert and didn't bother submitting again since they'd do another patch later anyway. If SCEE is at fault, a bit of communication should have solved that problem no?

Part of why I think that their patches are screwed up is because the file size of the game before is ~400MB and after the 1.01 patch it is 800MB. That doesn't seem like it's supposed to happen. I'm still curious what the size of the game on Vita is after the US 1.03 patch

Haunted

Was never in patch notes, but there are book of revs seeds that function differently after patch 1.3 so they obviously changed it. The seeds give random crap and no full meat/bandage before 1.3, after 1.3 they consistently give the same familiar on every 1 floor
So what does that odd/even distribution mean for me if I want to guarantee a Ball of Bandages drop? Can I exploit the odd/even thing or is it random which is which on every run?

SerTapTap

So what does that odd/even distribution mean for me if I want to guarantee a Ball of Bandages drop? Can I exploit the odd/even thing or is it random which is which on every run?

Not entirely sure what the logic is. I'm not sure there's a way to "exploit" it as you can simply use the book of revs on EVERY floor for the best chances, I think the change just makes it more likely that they'll all show up. I only know patterns from a select few seeds since you need book of revs first floor to even take proper advantage. If you could find a large selection of book of revs seeds it might be possible to learn more about it.

I still think they screwed up cert and didn't bother submitting again since they'd do another patch later anyway. If SCEE is at fault, a bit of communication should have solved that problem no?

Part of why I think that their patches are screwed up is because the file size of the game before is ~400MB and after the 1.01 patch it is 800MB. That doesn't seem like it's supposed to happen. I'm still curious what the size of the game on Vita is after the US 1.03 patch
Hard to say, patches and certs are still a bit byzantine on consoles. Some patches seem to come no problem, some stuff seems to be an ordeal.

It's under 800MB for sure--are you sure the game size is that high? Patches replace some of the data from the original file so a 400MB game with a 400MB update isn't necessarily going to end up as 800MB. I want to say it's something between 500 and 600MB on Vita 1.3 but I can check later

Top Bottom