• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

New Binding of Isaac T-Shirts
http://www.theyetee.com/bindingofisaac/

tumblr_inline_nlfwxciEB31rq0wgw_500.jpg

Got myself the bundle :D

SerTapTap

Been a while since I've been in this thread, but I finished up getting pure platinum a week ago on PS4. My trophies are still a little borked I guess, I did the upload save to cloud/delete local save trick and it gave me a bunch of them but not all of them. I'm not much of a trophy/achievement guy so I guess I'll wait on that one.

Has the PC patch/support been pretty good? I haven't been keeping up with what changes they've made.

Console will basically be in line with PC as soon as this patch actually hits, there have been slightly more patches, and more frequent, on PC, but it's still mostly bug fixes and a nerf (sort of unnecessary) nerfs. It's not a significantly different experience (until you get to modding of course).

Unless Afterbirth is broke as fuck I don't think there will be much patch-related reason to prefer one version or the other after this next patch. But I guess it's entirely possible that it's broke as fuck

I'll believe it when I see it. :) But that's great news if true

EDIT: It's up in EU, ver 1.05, 41 MB
patchnotes Vita
-added Gamma correction setting
-fixed trophies
-fixed infinite loading
-"fixed" Dark Bum
-fixed several item exploits
-changed Eden start item seeds
-changes some charge counts of items /devil deal costs
-Improvements to room placement
-Fixed Judas achiev not unlocking with Black Judas
-Other minor tweaks and balance changes

EDIT: It also fixed the filesize. It's now 445 MB instead of ~900
EDIT2: So far I have not gotten a retroactive trophy/secret for Dead Boy, but Godhead unlocked retroactively. I'll try to to Dead Boy again and collect God Head to see if I can get the platinum. It'll take a while since I'm probably rusty as hell though.

Fee

Is this the exact same patch PC players got a bit ago? Aside from platform specific adjustments of course. I was digging around for a more detailed list of what was in the patch and PC 1.05 changes was all i could find.

First run in months and I find a Sacred Heart on floor 2. This game lol
EDIT: Finished a run to the chest and didn't get Dead Boy. I'm pretty sure I already met the requirement previously so it just doesn't unlock retroactively. Going to have to grind for that I guess

Doesn't look like its smart enough to know I already should have unlocked so many of the trophies that glitched on my game.

If I'm required to do the runs again or even worse start a new save and do it all again I almost don't even care still even after the fix. -_-

Fee

Well that's disappointing, the only bugged trophy i had was killing Satan with maggy, it didn't pop when i started the game and didn't when i went and killed him again with her.

So yeah. I just did a run in which I collected Godhead and got Dead Boy. The secrets in-game for Dead Boy, Platinum God and Real Platinum God unlocked, the trophies did not. LOL

EDIT: Uploaded my save, downloaded it again and restarted the game, and the trophies popped up.. crisis averted :X

First run in months and I find a Sacred Heart on floor 2. This game lol
EDIT: Finished a run to the chest and didn't get Dead Boy. I'm pretty sure I already met the requirement previously so it just doesn't unlock retroactively. Going to have to grind for that I guess
Same here. I just went through the Chest, had previously met the Dead Boy requirements several times and nothing. Fun fact: on this Chest run the only time I took any damage was when I ran into a purple turd right before the boss room. I'm so dumb.

I'm fairly certain that when that 1.02 or .03 patch dropped in NA, people were retroactively unlocking Dead Boy by just finishing the game.

With Godhead finally unlocked, I'm sitting at 175/178 secrets, with the 3 missing ones being Dead Boy and the two Platinum Gods. So achieving Dead Boy and eventually running into the Godhead should be enough to finally 100% the game, 4 months later.

Edit: oh shit, saw your other post. Congrats!

Well that's disappointing, the only bugged trophy i had was killing Satan with maggy, it didn't pop when i started the game and didn't when i went and killed him again with her.
Have you tried uploading your save from the sync screen, deleting your local save and then downloading the save you just uploaded? It apparently helps with these.

I gotta admit I didn't understand the Dark Bum nerf for PC, and am sad to see it applied to the PS4 version.

Of course with my luck it always gives me spiders at the worst possible time.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Dead Boy not retroactively unlocking and the seed glitch fix is going to make getting evertthing especially Meat Boy a bitch. But hey it's better than it being impossible, AND HOLY SHIT THEY FIXED THE VITA FRAMERATE!

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the easiest way to get Meat Boy and Bandage Girl? I've tried the Book of Revelations method but I always get the wrong cube/ball somewhere along the way.
I haven't updated the game yet so I can still use the seed exploit.

Same here. I just went through the Chest, had previously met the Dead Boy requirements several times and nothing. Fun fact: on this Chest run the only time I took any damage was when I ran into a purple turd right before the boss room. I'm so dumb.

I'm fairly certain that when that 1.02 or .03 patch dropped in NA, people were retroactively unlocking Dead Boy by just finishing the game.

With Godhead finally unlocked, I'm sitting at 175/178 secrets, with the 3 missing ones being Dead Boy and the two Platinum Gods. So achieving Dead Boy and eventually running into the Godhead should be enough to finally 100% the game, 4 months later.

Edit: oh shit, saw your other post. Congrats!

I got lucky, I only had to do two runs. On the first one (Sacred Heart + lotsa tears) I had a Chaos card and almost made it to the boss unharmed, but got hit in the very last room by a team of Adversaries..
In the second run I got Godhead pretty quickly with the help of D6 (hint: destroy the angel statue and re-roll both the key part and the angel room item for double the chance) and also got Death's Scythe, Pentagram and The Mark, combined with an Emperor card. And that was it, ??? was down in a few seconds. Those runs really reminded me what makes the game so good. I'll probably get the expansion on PC and the Vita version waaaay later when everything is patched. I really don't want to go through something like this again :/
Dead Boy not retroactively unlocking and the seed glitch fix is going to make getting evertthing especially Meat Boy a bitch. But hey it's better than it being impossible, AND HOLY SHIT THEY FIXED THE VITA FRAMERATE!
Am I crazy or did they add the pixely floor transition to the Vita version as well now? Or was that always there? I think it was one of the effects missing on the Vita.

Oh they didn't add one of the most important things though. There is still no way to quickly reset a floor :/

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Am I crazy or did they add the pixely floor transition to the Vita version as well now? Or was that always there? I think it was one of the effects missing on the Vita.
Yeah that's the first thing I noticed when I started playing. It actually had me panicking for a while. Please don't add that shitty filter to the womb! Thankfuly that didn't get added to the Vita version as well.

Puru

WHAT? Megaton. And here I was impressed they actually did the gamma slider. They should have said they were working on it, the wait would have been way less awkward.

I'm trying it right now, there's still some issues but it really looks thousand times better than before, i'm genuinly impressed so far.
And i'm one meat cube from meatboy so i'm excited.

Edit: Conquest... I'm sad.

Yeah, I forgot to mention it but it's much smoother.

I just got Dead Boy playing with Eden, which in turn unlocked Platinum God. that was one of my biggest asshole combo moments ever: started with Gemini and got gnawed leaf in my first or second treasure room.
I got Taurus, Ludovico and Sacred Heart by the end of the fourth floor.

That basically meant that upon entering a room, I would turn to stone after a few seconds while Gemini was gnawing at things and this huge floating tear was following enemies. After 20 seconds my rage would have built up so I could just ran into any stragglers.

That fucking Chest level never saw what hit it lol.

I only have to pick up the Godhead to finally plat the game. I might try rerolling Eden ad nauseam TBH.

Fee

Have you tried uploading your save from the sync screen, deleting your local save and then downloading the save you just uploaded? It apparently helps with these.

I had to delete the game install as well, but I have the trophy now! I was sure i was never going to be able to plat the game.

Yeah, I used the exact same monster manual combo to get Meat Boy and Bandage Girl. That was pretty much the last thing I did before I stopped playing the game back in December.

I tried 50 Eden rerolls and got stuff from the Angel Room pool so I should eventually get that elusive Godhead.

Just_one

Just got godhead thanks to The new update on vita but didnt unlock platinum God? What am i missing??

Got All items and secrets , lost hard Mode all done , challenges all done Only missing 3 secrets(Dead boy , platinum god and real platinum god)

How come i didnt unlock platinum god secret??

SerTapTap

Is the perf really better on Vita? Still has framedrops. I only took it for a short spin but still had visible issues.

Just got godhead thanks to The new update on vita but didnt unlock platinum God? What am i missing??

Got All items and secrets , lost hard Mode all done , challenges all done Only missing 3 secrets(Dead boy , platinum god and real platinum god)

How come i didnt unlock platinum god secret??

Pretty sure Dead Boy and such are required for Plat God too. Get Dead Boy and you should get all 3 and the platinum trophy.

Just_one

Is the perf really better on Vita? Still has framedrops. I only took it for a short spin but still had visible issues.

Pretty sure Dead Boy and such are required for Plat God too. Get Dead Boy and you should get all 3 and the platinum trophy.

Thanks! Any tips for deadboy? Im pretty sure i've done ir In The Past and it's bad that The Game couldnt "see" that. If should be retroactive

SerTapTap

Thanks! Any tips for deadboy? Im pretty sure i've done ir In The Past and it's bad that The Game couldnt "see" that. If should be retroactive

Prior to 1.03 Dead Boy was impossible to unlock, and unlike Godhead it doesn't leave evidence for a retroactive unlock. Any OP run should have a fair shot at Dead Boy, just play as Isaac on Normal and pick the Chest for the best possible odds. If any choices present themselves, just remember to focus on damage above all else, which honestly you should be doing anyway in most runs.

Erigu

Haha. It seems trophies are still glitched (on PlayStation 4, at least), even after the patch: I just got Dead Boy, but the trophy didn't pop up.
What the patch changed for me is that the "upload -> delete -> download" fix actually does work now. So... good enough, but still amusing.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So this trophy fix. Do I sync, delete, then download without quitting the game? Cuz I thought I did but no fetus in a jar trophy. Also beat satan with Judas and Cain today (post patch). Neither trophy popped. Is it instant or do I have to do a run again? And if so do I have to win the whole thing or just redo the original requirements?

Only got two more challenges to go.

So this trophy fix. Do I sync, delete, then download without quitting the game? Cuz I thought I did but no fetus in a jar trophy. Also beat satan with Judas and Cain today (post patch). Neither trophy popped. Is it instant or do I have to do a run again? And if so do I have to win the whole thing or just redo the original requirements?

Only got two more challenges to go.

What I did was the following:
Install patch
Unlock Dead Boy in-game secret (trophy didn't unlock)
Upload save through in game sync
Immediately download the just uploaded save
Quit game and start it up again

Doing that unlocked all my missing trophies

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm okay I'll try that then. I know I tried upload, delete, download and I thought I tried upload quit relaunch the game then download.

Edit: Ah there we go. I did what Erigu posted and it worked. Thx guys

I tried the sharp plug/habit method and the book of revs method, and I never got the items required to make the plug/habit method work.

Meanwhile finding the book of revs on the first floor was not all that rare. It took me ~8 runs or so with the book to not run into a double room or Conquest, but I still did that twice before a sharp plug/habit run worked.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Guys your trophy fix isn't working for me. I unlcked dead boy and it didn't pop. So I uploaded he save like you said, deleted the file, downloaded the file, quit and restarted he game and still nothing. Specifically when is the trophy popping for you guys? In the menu or a new run or what?

Top Bottom