• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Skittles

But if i do dead boy and godhead on v.1.01 and then when the new update arrives in europe i update the game does it unlock them for me or do i have to do them again?

Do you (or anyone reading) know any seeds for doing SMB and SMG? v1.01 on vita/ps4 still gives secrets/trophies for using seeds if you back out to the main screen ;)
No word on whether or not the update allows for retroactive trophy unlocking

SerTapTap

No word on whether or not the update allows for retroactive trophy unlocking

No way to know if they will do retroactive trophy unlocks, but for the first time I did see a retroactive trophy unlock in Driveclub the other day (they fixed the challenge trophies to not require you to be online when the challenge ends). No idea if it applies to Isaac though, Driveclub has server-side stuff so maybe that's why it worked.

Do you (or anyone reading) know any seeds for doing SMB and SMG? v1.01 on vita/ps4 still gives secrets/trophies for using seeds if you back out to the main screen ;)

Unfortunately all the SMB/SMG seeds I know only work on 1.03. They seemed to have changed their drop formulas. You could try some book of revs seeds, but no promises. Europe, right? You're probably not going to see 1.03 at all so I guess you might as well try the seed exploit while you can. You're probably going straight to the latest version which has the exploit fixed.

Just_one

No way to know if they will do retroactive trophy unlocks, but for the first time I did see a retroactive trophy unlock in Driveclub the other day (they fixed the challenge trophies to not require you to be online when the challenge ends). No idea if it applies to Isaac though, Driveclub has server-side stuff so maybe that's why it worked.

Unfortunately all the SMB/SMG seeds I know only work on 1.03. They seemed to have changed their drop formulas. You could try some book of revs seeds, but no promises. Europe, right? You're probably not going to see 1.03 at all so I guess you might as well try the seed exploit while you can. You're probably going straight to the latest version which has the exploit fixed.

yeah Europe here. Thats why i really wanna do the SMG/SMB secrets while i can play seeds , alongside Dead Boy which im pretty sure i got it last night and godhead (got this really awesome seed for the lost that pretty much is impossible to die)

Tainted

Took around 180Hrs give or take...but I finally did it. Yes, I am not very good lol

hTfSHTz.jpg

Cannot be bothered with the Achievements / Platinum God though...this was my goal :)

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I bring you all... a gift.

I discovered a bug.

However, I was so annoyed that instead of going through the proper menus, I just hit alt-f4 to kill the game as soon as took the hit that killed me. Going back a few minutes later once I cooled down, I noticed that I could select the "continue" option on the main menu. Seeing as my last run ended in death, I shouldn't have been able to continue, so I selected it and the game started me at the beginning of the floor I died on with all the appropriate items! Jazzed at the possibilities, I let myself get hit again and alt-F4'ed again, this time a second later. Same result. As best as I can tell, the game auto-saves at the beginning of each floor, but also doesn't register a death until the "last will" screen appears! I used this to cheese my way to victory, quickly alt-F4ing every time I took a hit. Sure, it was annoying to go through Utero II three times when getting hit by It Lives, but it was WAY better than starting from the beginning.

Of course, that glitch could be used on any run, but honestly, the rest of the game doesn't need it.

To build on top of that, you can create manual save checkpoints by pressing ESC and quitting via the menu. So if you then use the alt+f4 technique, you'll start from your last created checkpoint rather than the start of the floor. Perfect before entering boss rooms. Thanks for this, hopefully it'll be a while before it's patched out.

BigAT

I bring you all... a gift.

You see, I was playing Rebirth yesterday, trying to get that one run with The Lost that would finally take me all the way through Satan and The Lamb. After countless hours of frustration and far too much abuse on my R key, I discovered something.

I discovered a bug.

Giddy with excitement at what this bug could mean, I attempted to replicate the bug, and the bug was surely able to be replicated. Now, my first instinct was to share this bug with you fine folks, but I'll admit it, I was selfish. On the chance that I happened to be the first person to discover this (I assume that someone would have mentioned it in this thread by now) and it got fixed in a quick patch, I used this bug for my own purposes to kill off Satan and The Lamb within an hour of starting up my next Rebirth session. I don't feel at all bad about doing so, partly because I did get the boss rush, Isaac, and ??? kills legitimately, and partly due to the aforementioned bullshit nature of The Lost. So with that, I give to you the bug/exploit that, while not turning terrible runs with The Lost into great ones, will drastically increase the chances of you winning any given run:

So, in a fit of rage after losing a particularly promising Brimstone-based run, I quit the game. However, I was so annoyed that instead of going through the proper menus, I just hit alt-f4 to kill the game as soon as took the hit that killed me. Going back a few minutes later once I cooled down, I noticed that I could select the "continue" option on the main menu. Seeing as my last run ended in death, I shouldn't have been able to continue, so I selected it and the game started me at the beginning of the floor I died on with all the appropriate items! Jazzed at the possibilities, I let myself get hit again and alt-F4'ed again, this time a second later. Same result. As best as I can tell, the game auto-saves at the beginning of each floor, but also doesn't register a death until the "last will" screen appears! I used this to cheese my way to victory, quickly alt-F4ing every time I took a hit. Sure, it was annoying to go through Utero II three times when getting hit by It Lives, but it was WAY better than starting from the beginning.

Of course, that glitch could be used on any run, but honestly, the rest of the game doesn't need it.

To build on top of that, you can create manual save checkpoints by pressing ESC and quitting via the menu. So if you then use the alt+f4 technique, you'll start from your last created checkpoint rather than the start of the floor. Perfect before entering boss rooms. Thanks for this, hopefully it'll be a while before it's patched out.

I did not have the same experience, as far as resetting to the beginning of the floor. It appears to save much more frequently than that. I tried it by popping into a curse room and then alt+f4ing out. Both times when I came back into the game and continued it placed me back into the curse room.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I did not have the same experience, as far as resetting to the beginning of the floor. It appears to save much more frequently than that. I tried it by popping into a curse room and then alt+f4ing out. Both times when I came back into the game and continued it placed me back into the curse room.

You have to alt+f4 when you see your soul leaving your body. The moment the will pops up, you've lost the ability to abuse this.

BigAT

You have to alt+f4 when you see your soul leaving your body. The moment the will pops up, you've lost the ability to abuse this.

I was testing it before even getting hit. There's no real reason why the functionality would change only when you're dying, right?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I was testing it before even getting hit. There's no real reason why the functionality would change only when you're dying, right?

For some reason, alt+f4 appears to save correctly when you're alive, the autosave code is disabled during that animation.

Just_one

1. Restart game until you get Scapular in the first item room (well, that's the fastest way)
2. Get Sharp Plug (in Caves II at latest since you need 3 treasure rooms)
3. Preferably get to 0.5 a heart to not screw up
4. You now get infinite reroll! Thanks to scapular procing every time you use D6, you just need to use D6, exit room, re-enter until you get the item you want, since Scapular will work again every time you enter a room.
5. Now you need infinite health, so you want Pyromaniac + one of items that turns your tears into bombs, so either Ipecac, Dr Fetus or Epic Fetus
6. Once you get these two get to the treasure room and reroll until you get Monster Manual
7. Spam Monster Manual until it forms Meat Boy/Bandage Girl, heal with Pyromaniac+explosion

Basically every time Monster Manual chooses to spawn Bandage/Meat/lvl 2 of these it gets added onto the one you already possess, so with enough rerolls you'll form both lvl 4 Meat Boy and Bandage Girl.

It's tedious but it's guaranteed to work.

THANK YOU!!!

i finally have super meat boy and super bandage girl and super bandage!!!

Meat boy was fast but bandage girl took forever (even did 3 super meat boys while spamming monster manual)

Only Godhead left now (it´s glitched in 1.01 and no patch in europe so far) but i´ve done it so i just hope to god that when the patch is out it will recognize that i´ve done it and give me the secret and let me grab the item in a run!!

Nicolis you better make it work!!

Qwyjibo

I finally made some progress with The Lost achievements. I beat Boss Rush but ended up dying in the Dark Room later on. Oh well, still decent.

I beat Boss Rush in a bit of a cheap way but I don't really care. It was mostly Epic Fetus, damage multipliers and the item that lets you use coins to damage the entire room. I luckily got a Card Against Humanity right before Mom. Go into Boss Rush room, use the card, fill the entire room with poop, hide the corner among the poop, and just drop missiles from safety until it was over.

Just_one

i´ll be pretty pissed off if nicalis never update the game in europe.

Better yet when the update is release wont give me godhead and deadboy which im pretty sure i´ve done all the requirements for it

come on nicalis , release it!!!

ps:YES , im addicted to isaac

SerTapTap

Ed ranted a bit on Twitter yesterday that yes, they release patches globally, no Sony does not approve patches globally. I'm not sure why that's not the case when the game should be identical in both regions though. At some point console cert should probably go away or be opt out or something. Better than paying for a patch but still too slow and complicated for indies

Another hint on the existence of 3DS version?

Redoing The Lost though... nah, no way. I'd double dip though.

I'll be very annoyed if the 3DS version runs better than the Vita version honestly =/

Solobbos

Yeah, I think they submitted the new update on first of March. Either PlayStation Europe is seriously messing things up, or there's something wrong with the update they keeps ending to Sony. I've unlocked everything possible in the game, completed every character 100% legit with hard mode etc. I even did all the levels without taking damage, but some of those achievements didn't register. I seriously hope I don't need to start a new save to get the items opened, because no way I'm going to grind the hard mode of Lost again.

I just got Ipecac + Libra. I think I have a new favorite combo.

Has anyone ever tried Ipecac + Soy Milk? I think it would be similar, but wondering if it's that much faster/less damaging.

Just_one

Ed ranted a bit on Twitter yesterday that yes, they release patches globally, no Sony does not approve patches globally. I'm not sure why that's not the case when the game should be identical in both regions though. At some point console cert should probably go away or be opt out or something. Better than paying for a patch but still too slow and complicated for indies

I'll be very annoyed if the 3DS version runs better than the Vita version honestly =/

who´s ed?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ed ranted a bit on Twitter yesterday that yes, they release patches globally, no Sony does not approve patches globally. I'm not sure why that's not the case when the game should be identical in both regions though.

Different regions have different restrictions. If a patch added something that was fine in one region but banned in another then they wouldn't want to block it worldwide for the sake of a single country. Having said that, the disparity between the european cert and the usa one is ridiculous. I'm on PC though so I guess I'm lucky
although it means I can't exploit the seed glitch.

SerTapTap

I guess. Regional censorship is bullshit too but I guess Sony can't do much about that. But it seems like 99.9% of patches wouldn't be likely to change anything actually banned in any region

Sure it's easy but then you have Germany and Australia.

I can't remember there ever being a problem with getting a patch released in Germany. Unless your games has Nazis in it or excessive amounts of gore getting a rating in Germany is really no problem. Often USK even gives lower age restrictions than ESRB or PEGI.

I don't know what happened to the BoI patch, and it's not unusual for patches to take longer for SCEE, but it has been 3 months now. No patch, no updates on the situation. Giving the same tired excuse that they're not responsible and that patches somehow take longer in EU is ridiculous.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm not saying that Germany would cause a patch to be delayed, more that that's the reason Europe might have patches certified separately from the USA. Whatever's caused the delay there though I have no idea.

Solobbos

Did USA get the update between 1.01 and the current one? I don't think Germany has anything against working trophies and God head getting added to the drop table. Still, I find it quite hard to buy any DLC on European PS4, when the support for the game has been God awful so far.

AoM

Unlocked Platinum God about a week ago. Now all I need is the Lost achs (and I still need to unlock him). Not sure whether I'll get real platinum god, but I'm content with the regular one.

Okay, so, I just glitched my way to beating Sheol and The Dark Room with
The Lost

Basically, I was getting hit, but not dying. I have no idea what caused this, but it didn't start until about halfway through the run. Early on (Basement 2 I think, curse room) I got the Dead Cat, which is obviously one of the best items to get with The Lost. At the end of the floor, I got Lord of the Pit and Gimpy in the Devil Room (both useless with The Lost, apparently). A floor or two later, I came across a room with The Hollow in it. Much to my chagrin, I got hit, so I respawned in the previous room, and went in to try again. Stupidly, I got hit again. Damn it. Wait...I haven't respawned. I'm still alive? As The Lost? After getting hit? WTF? I carried on anyway, and beat Mom (don't think I got hit again up to this point), took The Negative and went to The Womb. At several points over the next few floors, I was getting hit, but not dying. I have no idea what it was. I've checked the Isaac Wiki and can find no bugs relating to The Lost being able to get hit without dying. Stupidly, I forgot to take a screenshot of my items, which might point to some kind of bug synergy. I'm playing on PS Vita, if that makes a difference.

I'm not sure if anything similar has happened to anybody in the thread, but...well, it's a cool glitch to experience when playing as such an awkward character.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so, I just glitched my way to beating Sheol and The Dark Room with
The Lost

Basically, I was getting hit, but not dying. I have no idea what caused this, but it didn't start until about halfway through the run. Early on (Basement 2 I think, curse room) I got the Dead Cat, which is obviously one of the best items to get with The Lost. At the end of the floor, I got Lord of the Pit and Gimpy in the Devil Room (both useless with The Lost, apparently). A floor or two later, I came across a room with The Hollow in it. Much to my chagrin, I got hit, so I respawned in the previous room, and went in to try again. Stupidly, I got hit again. Damn it. Wait...I haven't respawned. I'm still alive? As The Lost? After getting hit? WTF? I carried on anyway, and beat Mom (don't think I got hit again up to this point), took The Negative and went to The Womb. At several points over the next few floors, I was getting hit, but not dying. I have no idea what it was. I've checked the Isaac Wiki and can find no bugs relating to The Lost being able to get hit without dying. Stupidly, I forgot to take a screenshot of my items, which might point to some kind of bug synergy. I'm playing on PS Vita, if that makes a difference.

I'm not sure if anything similar has happened to anybody in the thread, but...well, it's a cool glitch to experience when playing as such an awkward character.
Yeah, picking up Dead Cat as The Lost has made me invincible every time. Got all the icons on hard that way.

Ah, such is the life of playing on a console, with months-late patches.

Might try to cheese beating the rest of the game with him before it updates then...

SerTapTap

Ah, such is the life of playing on a console, with months-late patches.

Might try to cheese beating the rest of the game with him before it updates then...

Was patched on console a couple days after PC...Console is currently behind in all regions but I didn't know any were that far behind, unless 1.1 is before Dead Cat? Though if you're that early you can't get Godhead or Dead Boy anyway, they were glitched too. Classic Nicalis programming

Hmmmm. That is weird. I'm pretty sure Dark Bum no longer drops 1 soul heart for 1 red heart in the Vita version, and I guess this was all in the same patch...

Was patched on console a couple days after PC...Console is currently behind in all regions but I didn't know any were that far behind, unless 1.1 is before Dead Cat? Though if you're that early you can't get Godhead or Dead Boy anyway, they were glitched too. Classic Nicalis programming

Yes, 1.1 was before the Dead Cat glitch was fixed, so in the EU the PS4 version is a guaranteed win by finding that one item.

Finally got all endings/boss rush on hard with every character except the
Lost
. Not looking forward to how this goes...

edit: ugh I accidentally picked up Lazarus' Rags for Azarel. No unlock for me dammit.

Finally got all endings/boss rush on hard with every character except the
Lost
. Not looking forward to how this goes...

edit: ugh I accidentally picked up Lazarus' Rags for Azarel. No unlock for me dammit.

Yeah, same for me. The only achievements left for me is meat boy and the lost ones and I honestly think I'm done at this point as I can't see how I'll ever be able to beat ???/the lamb, let alone the boss rush, with this character (and I honestly can't be bothered with meat boy - I got bandage girl after like 150 hours with a lucky book of rev run). I don't really mind not getting the platinum. I'll probably chug away with the lost for a while and then leave it until the DLC. Such an amazing game though, had no idea it'd hook me this bad.

Use the alt-f4 exploit for these.

As for meat boy, it shouldn't take more than a few hours if you go for a sharp plug run with D6 and wafer or cancer

Once you have wafer+D6+sharp plug, you can have infinite rolls in the chest. Just don't reroll a book of rev or sins so that you can use it for infinite health (store it in another room so you don't reroll it)
Then when you have monster manual + book of sin/rev, that's a bingo

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Started playing this again lately. Wasn't doing too well but tonight I was in the zone. Beat 3 challenges and almost beat family man too. Got pretty lucky with drops. The bean one was close had to use meatboy head when I ran out of bombs and Krampus head. Demolition man I got bible from the store. Darkness falls I got a curse room that teleport to devil room with abbadon on first floor then got guppy, dried and rotten baby, tons of damage ups and book of belial. Killed Satan in <30 secs lol Didn't have whore of babalon either as I had 4 red hearts

i for one am not buying the dlc when it comes out...

in europe is getting beyond stupid.... not even 1.03

Yeah I'm pretty much done with BoI. I'll get the DLC on Steam in a cheap sale or something. I just want my (retroactive!) platinum now and then I'll delete the game from the Vita.

Stoze

Been a while since I've been in this thread, but I finished up getting pure platinum a week ago on PS4. My trophies are still a little borked I guess, I did the upload save to cloud/delete local save trick and it gave me a bunch of them but not all of them. I'm not much of a trophy/achievement guy so I guess I'll wait on that one.

Has the PC patch/support been pretty good? I haven't been keeping up with what changes they've made.

Top Bottom