• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
DDW-PzaXYAU-FED.jpg

Help me...somebody....Lord Odin, Buddha...somebody
Is that a Apothecary? Can I get a potion to get some waves in my hair?

LionPride

Banned
Yeah this movie ain't shit, like it's a 7/10 at best but fuck it's boring. The relationship between Laura and Wolvie is not well developed enough for me to give a shit.

Faustek

Katy has um....um...

Generally pretty, white and doesn't offend anyone that counts.

yeah I am pretty sure Haitian counts as black, I'm Haitian I think Kodak is Haitian and can't hardly understand

I'm not sure I count either, so mixed with native indian, Caribbean black, Louisiana creole and Swede. And if I do compare myself to my baby brothers kids I'm way brightskinned...Meh, West African, Swede and native american. I'm black.

Btw sorry for being inappropriate now. Tell me to stfu if needed be but have we finally stopped caring about making a difference between Latinxs black people, American black people, Africans and Caribbean black people? Or have I've just been unlucky with the people I used to hang with?

Tomorrow we have an in depth dialogue on the do's and don'ts of a proper diet of yams.

Ask them Yakubs to share the magical ones. I need superpowers.

The Great Wall seems like a comic book movie so far I wonder how much Matt Damon got paid for this.

I'm not sure I count either, so mixed with native indian, Caribbean black, Louisiana creole and Swede. And if I do compare myself to my baby brothers kids I'm way brightskinned...Meh, West African, Swede and native american. I'm black.

Btw sorry for being inappropriate now. Tell me to stfu if needed be but have we finally stopped caring about making a difference between Latinxs black people, American black people, Africans and Caribbean black people? Or have I've just been unlucky with the people I used to hang with?

I am not sure how far things have changed, I wonder what it is like for kids in High School these days.

I remember in High School all the Haitians hung out in one area all the African Americans in another area, All Puerto Ricans in another, Jamaicans in yet another, I don't remember much unity among people of color back then, it was High School though. A lot of Haitians switched sides and hid the fact they were Haitian well enough to enter the ranks of African Americans. I still had a thick accent but I had years of attending private school, so I got a long with all types of people so I kinda floated in between groups not caring to be part of any one group.

Slayven

Man-E-Faces would be hella funny.
Man E Faces would be the bootleg man
I am watching 'The Great Wall' aka how they stole gunpowder from China

insomnia sucks...

"So some white people slide into China to steal gun powder and end up saving the day"

once again Serena Williams gets verbally attacked by a white man, the prominent white feminists are nowhere to be found, sigh

Funny how that happens

Faustek

once again Serena Williams gets verbally attacked by a white man, the prominent white feminists are nowhere to be found, sigh

Jealous she literally crushes him in every damn aspect. Career and personality. Doesn't she even have more wins that he has? And she's still planning on coming back early next year.

I am not sure how far things have changed, I wonder what it is like for kids in High School these days.

I remember in High School all the Haitians hung out in one area all the African Americans in another area, All Puerto Ricans in another, Jamaicans in yet another, I don't remember much unity among people of color back then, it was High School though. A lot of Haitians switched sides and hid the fact they were Haitian well enough to enter the ranks of African Americans. I still had a thick accent but I had years of attending private school, so I got a long with all types of people so I kinda floated in between groups not caring to be part of any one group.

didn't have that environment where I grew up. High school got a bit more mixed and it was different here in Sweden. If you weren't a Swede you where a form of nigger. So just grouped up most melanin enriched person and ran with it. College was "better" though.

Btw saw the book got shipped but it won't be here until 28 of July according to Amazon.

"So some white people slide into China to steal gun powder and end up saving the day"

That was what I thought it was going to be about, since the white dudes came to China in search of this black powder, but it turns out it is a war comic book fantasy film

they built the Great Wall to keep out and to fight off
some strange army of dragon like lizard men monsters
pure fantasy comic book mess

not what I expected at all the CG needs work but liking it so far

Faustek

The 2002 He Man series was good. Shame it got canceled just when it was getting good.

Thought Ram Man would play that role.

2002 He-man was shit. Couldn't chew the fingers properly as the 1984 Battle Armor He-man. Not to speak of Evil-Lyn 83s feet. Those where chew able.

Slayven

That was what I thought it was going to be about, since the white dudes came to China in search of this black powder, but it turns out it is a war comic book fantasy film

they built the Great Wall to keep out and to fight off
some strange army of dragon like lizard men monsters
pure fantasy comic book mess

not what I expected at all the CG needs work but liking it so far

How was Matt damon, cause every scene i saw looked like he was just waiting for the check to clear

Ask them Yakubs to share the magical ones. I need superpowers.
Creole are just native Canadians transplanted by the French first to France then Louisiana

Faustek

How was Matt damon, cause every scene i saw looked like he was just waiting for the check to clear

He wasn't good. Wouldn't say he wasn't in there but he was kinda low efforting it.
The movie could have been so much better if they leaned in to the Chinese setting more, explored the army, the leaders and the main woman character more.
Unfortunately them others took away screen time.

Creole are just native Canadians transplanted by the French first to France then Louisiana

heh, don't tell my granny that. She might be inching close to a hundred but she will whoop your ass if you call her Canadian ^^

Jealous she literally crushes him in every damn aspect. Career and personality. Doesn't she even have more wins that he has? And she's still planning on coming back early next year.

didn't have that environment where I grew up. High school got a bit more mixed and it was different here in Sweden. If you weren't a Swede you where a form of nigger. So just grouped up most melanin enriched person and ran with it. College was "better" though.

Btw saw the book got shipped but it won't be here until 28 of July according to Amazon.

sorry about the shipping. Amazon is weird but I don't have experience since this is the first time I put something out.

No worries. Amazon usually lowballs it. Haven't had a single date that actually come around the estimated date. It usually ends up coming 1-2 weeks before.

ok let me know when you get it.

I better watch this movie before it turns 5am on me lol man I hate this late night heat can't sleep sweating it out I need another shower

Faustek

Will do Smiles. Take care.

Take care bct, need to actually pretend to listen to people talking about the same thing for the fourth time now.

Zekes!

man at least explain why you feeding the women to those things

man I wish these were plastic

I don't get this chains culture

I was into it back when Gucci got his Bart Simpson chain, Wocka Flocka got that Fozzie Bear chain, and Rick Ross got the chain of himself wearing a chain of himself, but I'm kind of over it now

I also hate wearing jewelry personally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom