• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

You know you are rich when you can get high with your friend and invent a phone with silly dongles and get people preordering it

no one is enjoying our new social media future like the riches. its like the world delivered at their feet, when they already didn't have to go too far to get it anyway. Now they can just take pics of their lifestyles and soak up the attention and confirmation and adoration of the little people, and just grow their brands.

Kardashians shouldn't be anywhere near where they are, but here we are.

no one is enjoying our new social media future like the riches. its like the world delivered at their feet, when they already didn't have to go too far to get it anyway. Now they can just take pics of their lifestyles and soak up the attention and confirmation and adoration of the little people, and just grow their brands.

Maaaaan.

Getting richer cause they already rich. Will never not bother me.

Slayven

I watched an epsiode of their show the other day. They went back to the hood where they came from aka the Beverly Hills house they lived in during the OJ trial. It's funny cause they really was acting like they started from the bottom.

They don't bother me, i just found that shit hilarious.

I only feel bad for the men in their lives

You've been warned

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1381662

They're just mad that the gym instructor criticized their push up form in fourth grade.

Seriously though. Why would Superman have a dad bod? Why wouldn't Batman be in shape? They live in a world where having buff knuckles from being a keyboard warrior is the only acceptable outcome

This a forum filled with people that brags about successfully interacting with people. They want to imprison their brothers over TV spats. They're petty. They're literally the photographer from 13 reasons why. They hate everything

I push my body most days at the gym because I like to see the progress I can naturally make and you have people saying that is a mental illness. C'mon son lol, stay salty.

Agree, agree. Thats a damn shame, but I've heard it before, been working out for as long as I can remember, always 6 hours everyday, sometimes more if I'm feeling myself. Sunday rest, sometimes Saturday I rest if its been a tiring work week. If you want your body to look a specific way, and you want to feel a specific way, its simply what you do. I've always been a competing athlete, therefore I train hard like one. To call that a mental illness is stupid as fuck, and demeaning to those whom have a real mental illness.

Any of you played Domina?

Its on my steam wishlist cause I'm undecided. I see it has good review standing.

I only feel bad for Rob

Any dude hooking up with them know what they getting into. Except for Kourtney, i always had a thing for Kourtney

Scott deserved better, well not really.

I wanted to feel bad for Rob but he literally fell for the same trap his family is famous for.

Smh

Agree, agree. Thats a damn shame, but I've heard it before, been working out for as long as I can remember, always 6 hours everyday, sometimes more if I'm feeling myself. Sunday rest, sometimes Saturday I rest if its been a tiring work week. If you want your body to look a specific way, and you want to feel a specific way, its simply what you do. I've always been a competing athlete, therefore I train hard like one. To call that a mental illness is stupid as fuck, and demeaning to those whom have a real mental illness.

I go about 4 times a week. Workout for about 1-2 hours each time. I don't care what they think.

6 hours? You need to share your workouts.

Damn son, I got 5x for 1.5-2hrs depending if I run or not

I go about 4 times a week. Workout for about 1-2 hours each time. I don't care what they think.

Speaking of I need something new for abs

Imm0rt4l

I only feel bad for Rob

Any dude hooking up with them know what they getting into. Except for Kourtney, i always had a thing for Kourtney
I feel bad for his daughter. Having a father who shuns her blackness or refuses to acknowledge it. Black kids(biracial or not) raised in that sort of setting is violence-- it's breeding ground for anti-blackness/self loathing.

I switch it up a lot to avoid plateau and muscle fatigue, but here's what a simple week would look like for me.

Reps can range from 5-10Rx15-20Sets, 300-600 seconds rest/light stretching in-between for muscles to clear byproducts.

M-Tue: Speed Training(Frankensteins, Backwards Run, Single-Leg Bounds, Running Strides, Sled Pushes, Romanian Deadlifts, Hurdle jumps) 2Hr.

W-Thu: Resistance/Strength Training - HITT(Overhead Presses, Wide Grip/Cable Rows, Goblet/Barbell Squats, Leg Curls, Climbers, Tricep Press-downs, Laterial Raises) 2Hr.

F-Sat: Spar/Train - Boxing/PMuay Thai, 2Hr.

Tues-Thu: Ashtanga/Power yoga, 1 1/2Hr.

Sun: Rest

Mix&Repeat

I keep a clean diet 80/20. Some intentional, some not. For example I don't crave sweets often so it reduces some carb/sugar intake. (Though my love of bread sort of offsets it)

Edited last sentence, on mobile.

I switch it up a lot to avoid plateau and muscle fatigue, but here's what a simple week would look like for me.

Reps can range from 5-10Rx15-20Sets, 300-600 seconds rest/light stretching in-between for muscles to clear byproducts.

M-Tue: Speed Training(Frankensteins, Backwards Run, Single-Leg Bounds, Running Strides, Sled Pushes, Romanian Deadlifts, Hurdle jumps) 2Hr.

W-Thu: Resistance/Strength Training - HITT(Overhead Presses, Wide Grip/Cable Rows, Goblet/Barbell Squats, Leg Curls, Climbers, Tricep Press-downs, Laterial Raises) 2Hr.

F-Sat: Spar/Train - Boxing/PMuay Thai, 2Hr.

Tues-Thu: Ashtanga/Power yoga, 1 1/2Hr.

Sun: Rest

Mix&Repeat

I keep a clean diet 80/20. Some intentional, some not. For example I crave sweets often so it reduces some carb/sugar intake. (Though my love of break sort of offsets it)

I'm going to try this. A modified version

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Just saw Get Out recently. Man, fuck Chris. This dude is such a dumbass. I wish
at the end it was an actual police officer who arrived and Chris gets shot up like a hundred times. This guy is way too stupid to live.

at the end it was an actual police officer who arrived and Chris gets shot up like a hundred times. This guy is way too stupid to live.

hah, i would have dipped after seeing the photos.

Zekes!

Sup ya'll. I tried my hand at trimming the sides and back of my hair myself. It turned out pretty alright, managed to line up the back of my neck and everything. It's no high quality fade, but it is cleaned up. Might have to continue to practice doing this so I can save some money and only go to the barber when I need a full on legit haircut.

Beefy

Yeah, good thing to joke about man

LotusHD

Banned
I only feel bad for Rob

I officially fucks with Kim after she dragged the hell out of Taylor Swift that one time. Also coming for their wealth and presumed vapidness is just old.

I feel bad for his daughter. Having a father who shuns her blackness or refuses to acknowledge it. Black kids(biracial or not) raised in that sort of setting is violence-- it's breeding ground for anti-blackness/self loathing.

Shit, first I'm hearing of this.

I see...

Gig

Yeah, good thing to joke about man

Ok, then
killed by Rose then.
If Chris was in a Friday the 13th movie he would be the first person to die. Not because he is black , but because he is an idiot.

How much crazy shit do you need to see before leaving that place? In Chris' case, a lot.
I hate it when dumb characters live in horror movies, I really wanted him to die.

Considering the premise of the movie thats an odd thought.

LotusHD

Banned
I mean, sure, but considering how the final act went, calling this particular protagonist dumb seems wrong? A lot of people loved the movie because he acted rather intelligently...

The only truly dumb thing was
when he helped the grandmother into the car after sort of running him over.
Though at least that had some reasoning behind it, since it reminded him of his mother.

Gattsu25

Banned

I'm reminded of those teachers I had that wanted to instill a message, that black folk have to work twice as hard to get just as far as whites, by actually grading black students harsher than white students and giving people that would normally pass a failing grade on the basis of their skin. They thought they were teaching a valuable lesson but they were really just tools of the supremacy they thought they were condemning.

Yeah, I'm reminded of that.

Imm0rt4l

The hell kind of father is that!?!??!
one who has no business raising a black child

That's how cautionary tales/horror stories go. Gotta have a stupid protag.

I know some people took issue with
Chris being unable to kill Rose despite all she'd wrought on him and other others. So much violence he'd been pushed to do because of her and he couldn't finish the job. I didn't have an issue with this though, as I sort of interpret it as an indictment on black menchasing white women to our own detriment and humanity

Slayven

Nah, B

Kreed

Ok, then
killed by Rose then.
If Chris was in a Friday the 13th movie he would be the first person to die. Not because he is black , but because he is an idiot.

How much crazy shit do you need to see before leaving that place? In Chris' case, a lot.
I hate it when dumb characters live in horror movies, I really wanted him to die.

Rod was the smart/audience character for everyone screaming at the screen. Chris had to fall for all the traps to move the story along. That said, even for everything Chris fell for I think you're being too harsh considering he was in love with Rose/at her parents and was trying to impress up until the
part with the photos

Gig

Man, I have seen a lot horror movies (all of the Friday the 13th & Elm St. etc) and this dude is non too swift. I don't care that he is black, I want him to die. It's so frustrating when these oblivious and ignorant characters live to the end because of plot armor. If someone is going to survive one of these movies I want them to earn it. If they do earn it I want them to live. Let me give an example, in Prometheus Idris Elba was one of the few characters to have any darn sense annnnnnd he dies. That pissed me off.

I would have been out of there the first day.
Chris almost gets choked out by Rose's brother and he stays? Nope, that would have been too much for me.

Slayven

Man, I have seen a lot horror movies (all of the Friday the 13th & Elm St. etc) and this dude is non too swift. I don't care that he is black, I want him to die. It's so frustrating when these oblivious and ignorant characters live to the end because of plot armor. If someone is going to survive one of these movies I want them to earn it. If they do earn it I want them to live. Let me give an example, in Prometheus Idris Elba was one of the few characters to have any darn sense annnnnnd he dies. That pissed me off.

Chris almost gets choked out by Rose's brother and he stays? Nope, that would have been too much for me.

Get Out was only a horror movie by proxy, it's man goal was playing with social issues. Comparing it to some some jump scare bullshit does it a this service, the fact you wished the dude get gun down by the cops shows it might have went over his head.
The fact they had the dad die from a male deer head was some next level shit, cause male slaves were called "Bucks"

LotusHD

Banned

I just feel that it is highly inappropriate to say you don't care with this particular movie, considering the issues it brings up.

Rod was the smart/audience character for everyone screaming at the screen. Chris had to fall for all the traps to move the story along. That said, even for everything Chris fell for I think you're being too harsh considering he was in love with Rose/at her parents and was trying to impress up until the
part with the photos

Yea like, it's still a movie. Something has to happen...

I think when he realized it was time to dip was a good time.

When did that happen? Seen the thing three times..

I just feel that it is highly inappropriate to say you don't care with this particular movie, considering the issues it brings up.

Considering how many brothers get shot up by police for doing nothing wrong, yeah..it's perplexing to hear shit like "I want him riddled with bullets by police. Don't care that he's black." Seriously? 😕

Johndoey

Banned
Everything that occurs up to the
photos
reveal would be at most deeply uncomfortable, nothing that would indicate the need to get out immediately.

Slayven

LMAO

We on loop..

tumblr_n0depkitfa1syvo5io1_500.gif

Kreed

I'll say this though on Get Out, considering
Rose's "body count" from those photos
Rose's Instagram alt account game had to be crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom