• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Daily Meal presents the 40 best burgers in US and top 10 chain burgers in US

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparisi2274

We might not agree on Shake Shack but I wrote another post about Burger Joint. A great burger all around and cooked to perfection.

I saw that, and yes, I agree 100%.

Have you ever had a burger from JG Melon? It's on 73rd & 3rd I think.... That is a pretty tasty burger as well.

Oh, and on a side note, I've tried ShakeShack multiple times, and I just never liked it.

Minus_Me

I saw that, and yes, I agree 100%.

Have you ever had a burger from JG Melon? It's on 73rd & 3rd I think.... That is a pretty tasty burger as well.

Oh, and on a side note, I've tried ShakeShack multiple times, and I just never liked it.

Can't fault you for not enjoying something, but I've never been to the place you mentioned. I'm a Montrealer, and go to NYC for business. Will definitely hit up that place next time I'm in town. Thanks for the heads up!

A good English Pub in my town called Shakespeare's makes amazing burgers. Haven't had a bad one yet. They put their burgers on a special rosemary infused bun they get from a local bakery. So fucking good. I just had a burger for dinner and now I want one of their's.

The chain burger list seriously needs some Culvers on it. Glad to see Steak n Shake on there though. My GF worked at a SnS for years, and it was always nice to get a burger there.

http://www.thedailymeal.com/40-best-burgers-america

25. Country-Fried Bacon Burger, Christian's (Houston)

QGuuSFQ.jpg

I would give up the naming rights to my first born for a chance to try this.

I would also like to a steamed cheeseburger from Ted's.

Fatburger.... really? I've had it a few times here on Pearl Harbor and found it mildly disappointing. How in the world does it rank above Smash Burger?

I did not realize anything from The Varsity was on the list. How it got on and B-Spot in Cleveland didn't is a travesty. I ate at the Varsity maybe three times when I was in college and always regretted it.

Same here. I went to college in Atlanta and only went to The Varsity when I had to wait for the MARTA bus. Every time I went I was like, "that's it? This place is famous?"
It was not bad. It just wasn't amazing.

Piggus

Holy mother fuck at the chicken fried burger. I need to try to make that...

Come to Australia. We'll teach you how to make a burger. A proper one.

Ha, keep dreaming. I'll trust you with an awesome steak or rack of lamb but when it comes to burgers, the US is and will always be king. There is a near infinite variety in the kinds of burgers you can get here.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Why did I click this thread? I just finished brushing my teeth and decided to stop eating. I love me some cheeseburgers!

alazz

I went to Gott's in St. Helena but didn't want to pay $8 for a burger so I got fries instead to hold me over and those sucked. After reading through this, I guess I should the burger a shot. I'm not reluctant to spend more than a few bucks on a burger, but it didn't smell or look particularly good.

This thread has got me even more crazed over maybe moving to New York next summer. I will try all the burgers.

Awwwwww yeah.

I actually like Habit better than In-N-Out.

me too. I'm not sure I've ever seen enough people discuss Habit with enough passion such that it'd be considered overrated though. In-N-Out's definitely still good, and animal style is very good.

zoku88

I used to go to Mr. Bartley's sometimes when I was in Cambridge.

Mmm mmm, some good stuff.

Also, Five Guys > In N Out

way more

How does the #1 burger in America have American Cheese [sic] on it? American cheese is just shit, I don't get it.

I've got to agree. If it's a McDonalds then sure, the over processed flavor accentuates it nicely, but christ, I'm not getting good meat with Cheez on it.

The Varsity in atlanta is fucking disgusting.

That's sad to hear, I always wanted a chili dog from there.

Holy shit! Steamed Hams actually exist!

Yeah. The meat comes out grey and horrific looking but I guess steaming keeps all the fat in the burger so it's like chewing though buttah.

And Five Guys at #3 for chains is a joke. We all know it.

Honestly the chain list should be invalidated for including Steak'n'Shake. Just the most bland horrible overcooked shit.

I do not get the love for Steak N Shake. I tried it so many times just because I wanted to know what the fuss was about, but every single time it was bland and disappointing. Every single thing I tried was mediocre, even their supposedly great fries and shakes.

WorldStar

Banned
just got back from destroying a double double at in-n-out...for you bros on the fence about getting a burger at this hour: do it, it was delicious

27-in-n-out-double-cheeseburger-and-fries.jpg

I don't understand why The Spotted Pig is considered as having "launched" the Gastropub when several were around in Philadelphia years beforehand. Hell, The Standard Tap opened a full five years before The Spotted Pig, in 1999. Monk's Cafe opened at least two years before that.

alazz

adamy I want to do that. There's one a mere 15 minutes away from me, but I'm stuffed from the burger I had for dinner. My favorite is protein animal-style with their pink lemonade.

Am I the only one who thought this said The Daily Mail?
Nope! But I didn't look back at the title until I read your post lol.

And Five Guys at #3 for chains is a joke. We all know it.

Yeah I agree. It's like eating a heavy burger pellet with amorphous toppings between two highly compressed buns.

I think Five Guys is great on occasion, but 3rd best in the country is preposterous.

RedStep

35. Superburger, Jim-Denny's (Sacramento, Calif.)

FPIZTAK.jpg

Work Time Fun, Jim-Denny's is barely the best burger place on that street. If you're looking for a good local burger in Sacramento, everybody knows you go to the Squeeze Inn. What y'all know 'bout cheese skirts?
tumblr_lpts4gBcTG1qf42qoo1_500.jpg

It is exactly the thing that it sounds like it is.
capture28.jpeg

beat

The magazine Cook's Country has made their version of the steamed cheeseburger (#32) and Jucy Lucy (#10).

Of this list, I've only eaten the Father's Office Burger (#16). One thing the description doesn't note is that Father's Office does not allow any substitutions or changes to the order. I don't mind, but some people really get bent out of shape over this.

Well, and I once ate one of the Mission Burgers (from the guys behind Mission Street Food and Mission Chinese Food), before they closed down that operation.

In-N-Out above Five Guys!!!!!

In my experience, the beef at Five Guys is a bit more disappointing than INO, not that INO is great beef either. But then again, 5G offers free grilled mushrooms and grilled onions, so I'm happy to eat at either.

Lessee, of the chains, I've eaten at Fatburger, Umami Burger, Five Guys, In-n-Out, and Shake Shake. I'd put Umami Burger higher than 5th place if price isn't an issue; if it is then 5th is fine. And I know they weren't critiquing fries, but INO's resolutely lame fries should get it a small ding anyways. Fries go with burgers; it's on them to make them both good.

I'm glad the Counter chain didn't sneak into the top five. Only eaten there once, but I felt it was overpriced for the quality.

WorldStar

Banned
Work Time Fun, Jim-Denny's is barely the best burger place on that street. If you're looking for a good local burger in Sacramento, everybody knows you go to the Squeeze Inn. What y'all know 'bout cheese skirts?

I used to go to their original location all the time back in the day. Was bomb.

I hit up their midtown location on K St when it opened and I wasn't impressed.

Either their overall quality went downhill or the K St location sucks compared to the original.

The fact that Steak 'n Shake is in their best national chains and not Smashburger is a fucking joke. Steak 'n Shake makes great shakes, but their burgers are mediocre at best, while in my limited purview of burger eating, Smashburger has blown away everything else I've had (including Five Guys and In 'N Out).

The fact that Steak 'n Shake is in their best national chains and not Smashburger is a fucking joke. Steak 'n Shake makes great shakes, but their burgers are mediocre at best, while in my limited purview of burger eating, Smashburger has blown away everything else I've had (including Five Guys and In 'N Out).

Yes Smashburger is awesome. I'm totally gonna go there tomorrow.

Booshka

For anyone in Los Angeles there is a place in Redondo Beach nestled in with a Liquor Store called "The Standing Room." They offer some extremely good gourmet burgers, some of the best burgers I have ever had. It's a tiny kitchen inside with the Liquor store, and there is no seating, hence the name, so you gotta go outside and eat or take out.

If you are ever in the South Bay craving a burger, check it out.

l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom