• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition |OT| Winter is Here

Gaz_RB

Trying to decide if I should mess with the Nexus or just use Bethesda's platform for mods. I assume the latter won't have SKSE support? What mods would I be missing out if I didn't go with those? The more ambitious ones I assume.

Excited to jump back into the PC version, after putting 500+ hours into the original + DLC, this should be a nice fresh start.

However, I wont touch it until Skyui is ported over. The game is F***ing unplayable without it. Has the Skyui dev said anything?

Oh shit I forgot about SkyUI.

IIRC SKSE for Skyrim SE won't be around until a few months.

Lucreto

Trophies > Mods.

I am getting the PS4 version and I would have gotten it all the same if it didn't have mod support.

I care more for loading times and I wonder if they reduced loading times so I don't die of old age going from the world map to Whiterun into the house.

If 7h47m from now is "later today" for you, then yes. ;)

On a related note, in case anybody is wondering, I intend to do the PC performance thread. I have my alarm set for 10 minutes before unlock o'clock.

This is glorious. :D

A lot of delicious mods available for Xbox before release...Now the question is, do I wait a month or two for more to come out, or just dive right in?

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/view-all?platform=XB1

I'm definitely leaning towards waiting. The more mods available the merrier! Plus I want to get the achievements again lol.

How long till it unlocks? I'm in the UK, so is it in 6 hours when it's midnight on the 28th or at the usual time of 18.00 in 24 hours time when the store updates?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How long till it unlocks? I'm in the UK, so is it in 6 hours when it's midnight on the 28th or at the usual time of 18.00 in 24 hours time when the store updates?

t1477612800z0.png

A lot of delicious mods available for Xbox before release...Now the question is, do I wait a month or two for more to come out, or just dive right in?

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/view-all?platform=XB1

The majority of modders don't have access to the Creation Kit yet. And it seems that it won't be available at launch.
I will dick around and take a look at the visuals right away but will wait a couple weeks before I start a real playthrough.

Man Amazon currently says "Preparing shipment" still. Hopefully I have a fulfillment center nearby and thats why its taking so long to ship. I have Prime too.

CNCOMICS

UPS just delivered Skyrim to me from Amazon. It's currently installing right now. I am legit excited!

Disc install is showing a total of 12146MB for anyone interested.

Unai

Excited to jump back into the PC version, after putting 500+ hours into the original + DLC, this should be a nice fresh start.

However, I wont touch it until Skyui is ported over. The game is F***ing unplayable without it. Has the Skyui dev said anything?

That one is going to take some time because it needs the SKSE.

CNCOMICS

In addition, there is a pretty basic map of Skyrim just showing the major towns and there's also a code to redeem Dragon Warrior costume and the Yokudan Charger Mount, both to use in ESO.

He said this when asked if he is gonna port it:

Short answer: I don't know, but I think it's unlikely.

Longer answer: We're no longer active and I in particular am not going to put any more work in. Got neither the time nor is it fun anymore, so I really shouldn't be doing it. In general, I have nothing against porting it though. If we ever get to the point where someone else took care of all the details and all I have to do is update the .esp, recompile and upload, then I will do so. I just don't really expect anyone to do that.

UPS just delivered Skyrim to me from Amazon. It's currently installing right now. I am legit excited!

Disc install is showing a total of 12146MB for anyone interested.

My Best Buy Skyrim won't get here until tomorrow. :/ Oddly enough, I purchased another game from Amazon and another from Best Buy which were both to arrive today or tomorrow but instead they got to me a day or two early.

HvySky

I mainlined the story in Skyrim back when it came out and then never really went back to clean up all the side content I'd missed. That plus all of the DLC means I probably have a shit ton of playtime left for me, so the SE seems like as good a way as anyway to get back in. Legit curious to see how much better it looks when I start playing.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I expect this to be done within a week. The Skyrim community on PC is fanatical.

True, but givin we never really saw any othe rmajor UI mods, it seems the skill set needed for the job isnt plentiful in the community. Hopefully someone does have the skills though and jumps in.

Sotha_Sil

Absolutely loved the game back then and they've definitely improved visuals for this version. Also never played any of the expansions so I'm all over this.

You've been doing it wrong. Expansions are generally where Bethesda Game Studios does their best work. The GOTY/Ultimate editions of their games really is the only way to go.

Tribunal/Bloodmoon > Morowind
Shivering Isles > Oblivion
The Pitt/Point Lookout > Fallout 3
Dragonborn/Dawnguard > Skyrim
Far Harbor > Fallout 4

It might be worth picking up the expansions to go with my Steam copy of the original game so I can revisit Solstheim again. I played through it on the PS3, sadly. I want to do it right this time. Dat Morrowind OST.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Hoping for a rebalance mod on PS4. Something that ups the challenge(but fairly) while re-tuning the way combat damage and leveling scales. Maybe some sort of survival-like hardcore mode?

DOWN

Banned
I can't view this at work, but what is it titled/what console? I will add it to the OP.
It's basically a graphics preview for Xbox One. It's a montage of a ton of places and objects with a flowery commentary over it describing the upgrades and the last 5 minutes is more scenes without commentary. Nicely edited and gorgeous footage.

SOLDIER

So when playing the SE on Steam, am I still using Steam Workshop for mods? Or is the Bethesda mod manager built into the game itself?

Cornbread78

It's basically a graphics preview for Xbox One. It's a montage of a ton of places and objects with a flowery commentary over it describing the upgrades and the last 5 minutes is more scenes without commentary. Nicely edited and gorgeous footage.

Yeah, I added it to the OP; TY!

Gaz_RB

Hoping for a rebalance mod on PS4. Something that ups the challenge(but fairly) while re-tuning the way combat damage and leveling scales. Maybe some sort of survival-like hardcore mode?

I'm not sure how much they can mess with that without SKSE. I always throw a "Realistic Combat" mod into my rotation so that combat is quick and nasty. I only like my humans taking 2-4 hits before they go down.

GhaleonEB

Related, I'm hoping for a good survival mode. I already don't use fast travel, but I'd like to see something along the lines of the one added to Fallout 4 as a mod.

Humdinger

Great OT, thank you for all the work.

I've been waffling on whether to get back into it. The screens/videos make it very tempting, and so do my memories of how much I enjoyed the game (2nd favorite of last gen). I'm not entirely sold, though, because I'm concerned about what a huge time sink the game can be, and I'm not sure I'm ready to commit that many hours to it, all over again. We shall see.

Related, I'm hoping for a good survival mode. I already don't use fast travel, but I'd like to see something along the lines of the one added to Fallout 4 as a mod.

Unfortunately, I believe Pete Hines answered this on Twitter and the answer was no :(

Edit: Unless you are talking about a mod. But built in like Fallout 4, no.

Branson

There is Frostfall, which adds heating and coldness to the world so you have to dress and camp appropriately to warm up around fires and stuff, and there is also realistic needs and diseases. Which I love because it actually gives use to the random shit you find in the world for hunger, thirst and sleep.

Top Bottom