• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition |OT| Winter is Here

Not sure if I should be paying 60 bucks for this, but since I'm aiming to get the platinum I'll certainly be getting my monies worth.

That also means Sony's boneheaded decision to hinder the PS4 version's mods oddly works out well for me, I won't be so tempted to install any until I'm finished with the base game. Whenever I play my PC copy I always grab loads of mods, have a few good chuckles over the next couple hours then quit. The only major storyline I finished in the base game was the Dark Brotherhood and I never got any DLC. I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with this purchase.

BTW, If anyone wants a funny character background generator to help Roleplay:

http://whothefuckismydndcharacter.com/

My first one:

CHECK THIS SHIT OUT, I'M GOING TO BE A FUCKING

BOISTEROUS GNOME MONK FROM A FREE THINKERS COMMUNE WHO IS TRYING TO AVOID A PROPHECY

Obviously racial details will need to be edited.

Not sure if I should be paying 60 bucks for this, but since I'm aiming to get the platinum I'll certainly be getting my monies worth.

That also means Sony's boneheaded decision to hinder the PS4 version's mods oddly works out well for me, I won't be so tempted to install any until I'm finished with the base game. Whenever I play my PC copy I always grab loads of mods, have a few good chuckles over the next couple hours then quit. The only major storyline I finished in the base game was the Dark Brotherhood and I never got any DLC. I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with this purchase.

BTW, If anyone wants a good character background generator to help Roleplay:

My first one:

LOL, I got:

You think your character is cool? My character is a fucking intolerant Human Warlock from a small town tavern who has an irrational fear of cats

Looks like I will be hunting some khajiit

GhaleonEB

Unfortunately, I believe Pete Hines answered this on Twitter and the answer was no :(

Edit: Unless you are talking about a mod. But built in like Fallout 4, no.

Yes, I was talking about a survival mode mod.

There is Frostfall, which adds heating and coldness to the world so you have to dress and camp appropriately to warm up around fires and stuff, and there is also realistic needs and diseases. Which I love because it actually gives use to the random shit you find in the world for hunger, thirst and sleep.

Nice, that's along the lines of what I was hoping for.

kris.

Banned

BTW, If anyone wants a funny character background generator to help Roleplay:

My first one:

You think your character is cool? My character is a fucking assertive Half-elf Sorcerer from a doomed dwarven fortress who is afraid of dogs

ohhhh there is some potential here

j-wood

Were the DLCs worth it? I only own the base edition on PC, but certainly wouldn't mind getting this new remaster...

Were the DLCs worth it? I only own the base edition on PC, but certainly wouldn't mind getting this new remaster...

I have a soft-spot for housing in games, so I will say yes to that one, and the last one offered significant gameplay content... but I have never heard anything good spoken of Dawnguard. :p I skipped it until today, grabbing it just so I could get the "free" upgrade on PC.

Soodanim

I think that after 500 hours as my most played Steam game and possibly most played across any platform, it's time that I did the civil war in the remaster. My first play through will be the box art standard More, and I'll fight for the Nords. Then it's back to being a stealthy bugger and having fun with bows in run 2.

Then I'll probably get all mod heavy again with Vampire mods and whatnot. Maybe I'll even do that for 2.

What's the deal with Bethesda.net mods? Do they clash with other method mods? Have we seen mods that aren't on Nexus but are on Beth in F4?

I originally played on the 360 and have tried going back numerous times on PC, but the game was just stale to me.

I think that I'll be giving it another shot since it's been a long time. I miss sneaking around and shooting people in the face with arrows.

Rodin

So i bought the DLC pack for ~7.50€ and redeemed it on Steam, already had the game. How do i unlock the Special Edition? Can i transfer my saves from the original?

RK9039

So i bought the DLC pack for ~7.50€ and redeemed it on Steam, already had the game. How do i unlock the Special Edition? Can i transfer my saves from the original?

Should be in your Steam library already, mine is there ready to be installed.

pitchfork

Got my copy today (Xbox One)

300hrs clocked up last gen across 2 playthroughs and i'm still hyped

Time to Fus ro fucking do this again!

justjim89

Any idea how the vampire attacks from Dawnguard play with Open Cities? Thinking about playing with Open Cities but I'm curious how and when the vampires spawn in.

IceIpor

Any idea how the vampire attacks from Dawnguard play with Open Cities? Thinking about playing with Open Cities but I'm curious how and when the vampires spawn in.

Vampires spawn outside the city and walk towards it. Aggro is usually triggered at the gates of the city, but if you're too close to them they'll attack you on sight.

Loudninja

Anyone else enjoy the combat in this game?

Sure its not deep but using a sword and shield combine with the Dragon abilities is really fun to me.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Anyone else enjoy the combat in this game?

Sure its not deep but using a sword and shield combine with the Dragon abilities is really fun to me.

I love archery in the game. That is all. Otherwise, even though its in my top 5 games of all time, the combat downright sucks. Its horrible, beyond horrible. I'm glad they arent working on an Elder Scrolls right now given that Fallout 4 shows they still havnt figured out how to do combat justice in their games.

We've had some amazing examples of games doing first person combat right, I hope Bethesda somehow steals a lead designer and gets them to build a new combat system.

Abhor

80 hours PS3
200 on PC
Preload done

And yet here I am saying "more".

I've been playing FO4 with 20gb of mods. It has its own charm and I love post-apocalyptic, but it ain't no Skyrim.

MaKTaiL

Anyone getting Special Edition for PS4 willing to spare the Elder Scrolls Online code that comes inside? I would gladly accept it :)

SirNinja

As much as I played the original, I just know I'm going to happen upon all sorts of stuff that I never discovered before. Can't wait to begin this crazy adventure again.

Someone, anyone.

Please make a mod that removes the cap from the Nightingale armor for ps4.

I beg you.

The best set in the game runined by a stiff non animated carpet. Sigh

Loudninja

This stil remains my favorite bow and arrow system in any game.

I love archery in the game. That is all. Otherwise, even though its in my top 5 games of all time, the combat downright sucks. Its horrible, beyond horrible. I'm glad they arent working on an Elder Scrolls right now given that Fallout 4 shows they still havnt figured out how to do combat justice in their games.

We've had some amazing examples of games doing first person combat right, I hope Bethesda somehow steals a lead designer and gets them to build a new combat system.

Yeah, I like it fine.

Games like Witcher 3 make me appreciate the simplicity of Skyrim's combat.
The archery is pretty amazing.

Certain weapon types need an overhaul like the hammers,but other then that its fun to experiment with everything.

Lord Phol

As much as I dislike bethesda's shitty business practices this is still one of my absolute favorite games ever. Never completed all the side quests or Dawnguard, and I barely touched Dragonborn. Lost all my mods when upgrading to windows 10 which made it hard for me to go back. I didn't feel like starting over after all the time I had put into it over the years. Having to redo a lot of stuff will still be a bit bothersome and the sense of discovery won't be the same, but I think I'm ready for round 2.

I'm also in the camp that enjoyed the combat despite its simplicity. A couple of mods like hit stun and more death animations helped a lot as well .

IceIpor

I hope they fixed all the problems with Skyrim modding with the remaster.

If it's anything like Fallout 4 (seeing as how the loot system has changed to Fallout 4 style), mods should no longer break your game if you uninstall/update them hopefully.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Worth it to drop 20+ dollars for the DLC to get this on PC?

SorchaR

I am still trying to decide on a build. What are some of your favorite builds in the game?

Here are a few of my favorites:
The Demonhunter: http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-demonhunter
The Obsidian Sentinel: http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group.../topics/character-build-the-obsidian-sentinel
The Sorcerer: http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-sorcerer
The paladin: http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-paladin

That site is a treasure trove of fun and creative builds, using and sometimes abusing game mechanics to a whole new level. The archives are a good place to start looking:http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/the-character-build-archive

Top Bottom