• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition |OT| Winter is Here

BizzyBum

I'm no modder, but it's now a 64-bit application and has access to more memory, so it may have been changed pretty significantly under the hood, not content-wise.

It just sucks that anyone who upgrades won't have access to all the great mods over the past 5 years, many of which where creators have moved on and probably won't port or optimize them.

Chumley

Banned
It just sucks that anyone who upgrades won't have access to all the great mods over the past 5 years, many of which where creators have moved on and probably won't port or optimize them.

People will port all of the most popular ones within a week, guaranteed.

SoulUnison

Banned
I hope someone ports the Arachnophobia mod that turns all spiders into bears or I literally won't be able to play the game. Again.

Skyrim Spiders are on a short list of video game enemies that I simply cannot handle.

BizzyBum

I hope someone ports the Arachnophobia mod that turns all spiders into bears or I literally won't be able to play the game. Again.

Skyrim Spiders are on a short list of video game enemies that I simply cannot handle.

Haha, it's weird, I have a huge fear of real life spiders or looking at pics of real spiders but don't mind video game spiders.

I think the worst ones in a game were in Bloodborne.

Haha, it's weird, I have a huge fear of real life spiders or looking at pics of real spiders but don't mind video game spiders.

I think the worst ones in a game were in Bloodborne.

Some games do. The frostbite spiders don't bother me due to their size.

The widow spiders in WoW made me cringe a bit. There were a few times I attacked those in group pvp battles instead of the hunter. =/

Vamphuntr

SkyUI mod better still work. Vanilla Skyrim UI and hotkeys are unplayable to me now. Their favorite system instead of binding items/spells/weapons to numbers was really dumb.

Evo X

Oh man, I wasn't going to install this since I already played the shit out if Skyrim and have a sizable backlog of newer games to finish, but this OT made me hype af!

Pre-loading now

Soodanim

Gold Member
Every time I think about a new Bethesda release I think about how nice it would be to be able to unlock the frame rate and let it truly push for a stable and smooth 144fps. It's a shame that won't happen without a new engine, though.

TI82

Banned
Every time I think about a new Bethesda release I think about how nice it would be to be able to unlock the frame rate and let it truly push for a stable and smooth 144fps. It's a shame that won't happen without a new engine, though.

I wonder when that will finally happen. You think they will use the weird sort of upgraded gamebryo for the next ES game? Or finally move to iD tech or whatever the new doom games are using?

NBtoaster

I thought of doing the faction quests in the reverse order to how I originally did them, as I never got around to completely finishing the Thieves Guild, but then I remembered that for some reason the Thieves guild (and pretty much only the Thieves Guild) quest rewards are leveled. Chillrend is one of the best swords in the game and I don't want a crummy level 1 version.

1u5skz.png

damn-right.gif

ClevieSoul

Neo Member
Probably a silly question. I could have sword I read that the game came out 8pm eastern today. I just pre ordered so I could play, but it says it unlocks at midnight. :(

Is there any hope for me or must I endure 4 hours of slight boredom?

Top Bottom