• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition |OT| Winter is Here

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
hey guys so some quick questions.

1. does it support 21:9
2. can i use my vpn to play this game early ?

Fireblend

Banned
So is anyone compiling a list of must-install mods for this? I remember there being UI improvement mods that people said had to be installed on the vanilla version, for example.

The best feeling is logging into Steam and finding out that the 13$ version of skyrim you got at a sale just got you the new one at no extra charge. Best feeling.

The best feeling is logging into Steam and finding out that the 13$ version of skyrim you got at a sale just got you the new one at no extra charge. Best feeling.

I know right?

Bought the Legendary editon a few days ago for 19 euro's. No way I was gonna pay 52 for a PS4 version with limited mod support.

Didn't think I would be picking this up but after watching the PS3/PS4 comparision I think I will be.

I remember giving up halfway through on PS3 due to how bad it run so hopefully it will be silky smooth goodness on PS4 this time.

Played as a sword & shield using male redguard when I originally played. When it hits a more acceptable price for me I'm gonna go female bretton or nord(unsure right now) thief type character that can use magic, so daggers and archery with a lot of magic mixed in. Hoping that I can just use my hands for magic.

Loudninja

Played as a sword & shield using male redguard when I originally played. When it hits a more acceptable price for me I'm gonna go female bretton or nord(unsure right now) thief type character that can use magic, so daggers and archery with a lot of magic mixed in. Hoping that I can just use my hands for magic.

Same here,will be playing the same build as before.

Coffinhal

hey guys so some quick questions.

1. does it support 21:9
2. can i use my vpn to play this game early ?

IIRC Fallout 4 was a disaster last year for 21:9

If it does support it though I might give it a shot (but I don't have the time, I already have to finish The Witcher 3)

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Will probably restart this soon as well. As always with a master thief wood elf archer.

Archer is generally the best build for TES imo. With it you don't notice as much how bad the combat of this game actually is.

RPGam3r

I'm so ready to lose my winter nights to this game. Hundreds of hours of lurking in the dark silently casting to my hearts content.

Shit, I used graphical mods but not gameplay ones

I guess I might need to reinstall vanilla, remove the kids, update my save file, then transfer?

Graphical mods I'm not sure about. But if you want to be certain it works then yeah, you should try that.

As long as it is a save where no mods were activated it should work.

inner-G

Banned
I should play this in my backyard to make it feel more atmospheric:

iOWre2L.jpg

So close! Hyped

DOWN

Banned
Count me as another who likes the combat especially with archery. Archery is awesome in Skyrim.

Some of my best memories in gaming are playing Skyrim on 360 in the Fall/Winter when it had just launched. Cold day outside and walking across the Tundra to Whiterun. Beautiful.

It's a little disappointing that people are ignoring how loved the vanilla game is and was at launch. The game had a great reputation and won GOTY widely before mods even blew up.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Any mods that are considered essential to go along with the vanilla game? Sky UI I think is one?

Sky ui is the only mod I absolutely need to play the game, pitty it will be awhile before it's ported over. Console gamers will never get it, which is a shame as it works perfectly on controllers and it makes the whole game better.

One of the first mods I'm going to get (assuming someone makes it) is a mod to make all npcs killable by the player. One of the most frustrating things in the console versions was not killing npcs you really should be able to, like the drunk racist guy in Windhelm, or the lieutenants for the other side in the civil war

inner-G

Banned
Wow, this version is that different that the modding community has to start from scratch with the SE?
I'm no modder, but it's now a 64-bit application and has access to more memory, so it may have been changed pretty significantly under the hood, not content-wise.

I have no knowledge of modding. What does this mean?

The Creation Kit is the set of modding tools that has made Skyrim modding so prevalent compared to most moddable games. You can technically mod the game without it, but it opens up modding to basically anyone willing to put a little time into learning even just basic level design and/or scripting, as opposed to being mostly the realm of actual programmers.

The CK also standardizes the storage, installation, merging, etc. of mods to a huge degree (mostly through intermediaries like mod managers, admittedly), which allows the nice, insane situations where people have 255 plugins running (and probably a few hundred more mods merged into those) and the game still mostly runs without imploding.

Edit: The 32 vs. 64 bit thing is mostly going to be a pain to the middleware modders (Nexus Mod Manager, SKSE, etc.) I imagine, and probably won't have huge impacts on the end-user modders (people making weapon models and the like) aside from them having to wait for the tools to be updated, which will probably be waiting on the Creation Kit to be updated.

I might go this one bareback for the first hour or so. Then install mods.

Wonder how long it will take for a all perks mod to show up. Only the ones that give you the perks for the skill level needed.

Top Bottom